FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Keto

Keto

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone ever try it? Does it work?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ivelifeMan  over a year ago

Why restrict yourself to keto? You will get fed up of it trust me.

Calorie deficit is all you need and move more. Dont cut out foods you like to loose/ toned up just eat in moderation.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Tried keto

Didn’t agree with me and had serious headaches

Just get your calorie intake right 60:20:20 or thereabouts and you’re sorted once your numbers are solid

I know people that went keto and ballooned up in weight. Keto is where you convert to run fats and proteins only and don't use carbs as an energy source. But bare in mind that fats have 9 cals per gramme as opposed to 4 cals per gramme for a carbohydrate. More calories equals weight gain in the simplest terms.

As stated previously, be more mindful of what you eat and move more. Try hit 10k steps a day and get some exercise in 3 to 5 times a week and you'll fly it

Cheers guys..only read about it today so asking more out of curiosity

Keto diet is extremely healthy when done right.

I'm off sugar, bread, potatoes and pretty much anything pre-made for over 3 years now and never felt better.

Check out a show on Netflix "the magic pill"

As long as you keep your fats and protein high and actually DO eat a LOT of non starchy vegetables it's the best thing you can do to yourself.

I promise.

"Keto diet is extremely healthy when done right.

I'm off sugar, bread, potatoes and pretty much anything pre-made for over 3 years now and never felt better.

Check out a show on Netflix "the magic pill"

As long as you keep your fats and protein high and actually DO eat a LOT of non starchy vegetables it's the best thing you can do to yourself.

I promise. "

"I know people that went keto and ballooned up in weight. Keto is where you convert to run fats and proteins only and don't use carbs as an energy source. But bare in mind that fats have 9 cals per gramme as opposed to 4 cals per gramme for a carbohydrate. More calories equals weight gain in the simplest terms.

As stated previously, be more mindful of what you eat and move more. Try hit 10k steps a day and get some exercise in 3 to 5 times a week and you'll fly it "

Cells in your body can not regenerate properly from carbohydrates nutrients. Also them 4 calories burn out quicker which leaves you being hungry more often.

Mitochondria within your cells is bacteria which converts calories to energy. Calories received from carbohydrates are different from ones received from fat. They're not as efficient which leaves our mitochondria working overtime to produce enough energy to function properly. This affects our brain function too. Why do you think some people feel constantly tired and lethargic? Do they have a toast or cereal for breakfast?

Natural carbohydrates that come from organic vegetables are the carbohydrates that we're supposed to be consuming, not some factory made stuff that has "syns", sugar and God knows how many kinds of preservatives and whatever the fuck else is in trend for "weight loss".

10k steps you say...

I used to do 30k+ steps in my old work but all I had to eat were sandwiches and crisps(sometimes you gotta make do when it's 3am and there's no other food available). Used to consume less than a 1000 calories a day, still ended up fat Oh, also depressed. Explain this if your theory works.

By *ucky24Man  over a year ago

Lowestoft

I was 15.5 stone last September, had a Health scare decided to do something about it. Looked at my whole lifestyle and basically was eating garbage, ready meals, sandwiches, energy drinks. So cut out the crap. Start cooking meals with plenty of veg in it.

Looked at calorie in take and using the NHS website targeted 1800 cal. Cut the portions down to proper sizes.

Also looked at exercise and did the 10k steps per day.

By June lost 3.5 stone and feeling fitter more energy and in a better place.

Joined a gym and looking to get a bit of toning and trim down some areas to get to my final goal.

So in short, moderation and portion control, eat plenty fruit and veg, drink plenty of water and that is a good foundation to get started.

You will get there.

» Add a new message to this topic