FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Storm lorenzo

Storm lorenzo

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

No one knows yet if it will be a full blown storm when it hits ireland later this week.

it was a cat..5 now it's a cat 3 and weakinging as it get nearer.

ophelia was only a two in 2017 when it was this far out...

who knows. it may just be a strong breeze by Thursday

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unnyfookMan  over a year ago

Naas

is moving away from Ireland and weakening, so it will be a little windy and wet

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"is moving away from Ireland and weakening, so it will be a little windy and wet "

Hopefully not fuck up flight on Friday morning

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

Don't think we have to worry .our weather people usually get it wrong ...get more worrying if they said it was heading for Africa

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"Don't think we have to worry .our weather people usually get it wrong ...get more worrying if they said it was heading for Africa "

That of course is a popular statement but is actually bollocks!

Many of the apps who are supposedly so much better actually get their information from Met Éireann.

I rely on weather for my work so I use their app on a daily basis. Given that we are an island sitting in one of the most unpredictable oceans on the planet their forecasts are remarkably good.

"Don't think we have to worry .our weather people usually get it wrong ...get more worrying if they said it was heading for Africa

Many of the apps who are supposedly so much better actually get their information from Met Éireann.

I rely on weather for my work so I use their app on a daily basis. Given that we are an island sitting in one of the most unpredictable oceans on the planet their forecasts are remarkably good. "

The media blow everything out of proportion since these new colour warnings were introduced

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

"Don't think we have to worry .our weather people usually get it wrong ...get more worrying if they said it was heading for Africa

I rely on weather for my work so I use their app on a daily basis. Given that we are an island sitting in one of the most unpredictable oceans on the planet their forecasts are remarkably good.

The media blow everything out of proportion since these new colour warnings were introduced"

The media is certainly part of it but people also overreact.

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Stupid, haven't had bád weather in ages, they give a rainy day a name, act like its end of world.

The media blow everything out of proportion since these new colour warnings were introduced

The media is certainly part of it but people also overreact. "

Yes but all comes from media

By *mudger69Man  over a year ago

C

It’s a national obsession! Be grand I’m sure! Better be, I’m halfway up a mountain....

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

The media is certainly part of it but people also overreact. "

Are you saying I shouldn't have have bought 10 bread loafs this morning?

By *iss_dont_tellMan  over a year ago

Clare

When it comes to mother nature and its weather is always better to overreact and be safe that to take the attitude of "ahh sure it's only a rainy day"

Also the colour warnings were introduced as a way to keep people safe. As in past storms or bad weather have been the cause of 1 too many accidents! If they didn't have the warning and something happens people would blame the government or meteorologists for not giving sufficient accurate warning!

If there is bad weather use common sense and stay safe no big deal!

Also I find it very hard to believe there people still blaming the media for stuff. We live in the age of technology you dont wanna be misinformed do little research yourself. Google is your friend

By *mudger69Man  over a year ago

C

The media is certainly part of it but people also overreact.

Are you saying I shouldn't have have bought 10 bread loafs this morning? "

I bought a dozen to be safe

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

I thought met erieann got their weather from the germans anyway?

Anyway, everyone is just hoping for a red warning, soon as its issued their job has to tell them not to come in, duty of care and all that bollix.

» Add a new message to this topic