FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > When to ask for help

When to ask for help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When is it ok to ask for help? Say your not feeling great and you feel that no matter what you try to do doesn't make any difference. The problems have been ongoing issues and when one thing gets sorted something else comes to kick you back down to where you started. You keep going because you have to but you know you could do better but is there any point because you keep getting knocked back down to square one? It just seems that it is one problem after another. You pick yourself up dust yourself off,only for it to start all over again. You break it down into smaller more manageable issues in your own head and deal with them one at a time but then you remember all the other stuff that needs to be done too,just thinking out loud i suppose and needing to say this stuff but really can't because i know there are so many people out there worse off than you. Sorry for this post just needed to unload to people that don't know the situation.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *allyWally19Woman  over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

"When is it ok to ask for help? Say your not feeling great and you feel that no matter what you try to do doesn't make any difference. The problems have been ongoing issues and when one thing gets sorted something else comes to kick you back down to where you started. You keep going because you have to but you know you could do better but is there any point because you keep getting knocked back down to square one? It just seems that it is one problem after another. You pick yourself up dust yourself off,only for it to start all over again. You break it down into smaller more manageable issues in your own head and deal with them one at a time but then you remember all the other stuff that needs to be done too,just thinking out loud i suppose and needing to say this stuff but really can't because i know there are so many people out there worse off than you. Sorry for this post just needed to unload to people that don't know the situation."

Hey OP. It is ALWAYS ok to ask for help, at ANY time, for ANY issues you are struggling with xx

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Know one thing...you can only do your best..life kicks you in the johnsons every day...yes absolutely its ok to not be ok.. we're human and we need help from time to time keep talking to someone..anyone.

By *ivelifeMan  over a year ago

When you realise you need to ask for help is the time to ask! Trsut me been in a situation before and was scared to ask but its a weight of your shoulder when someone knows your in difficult times dont be afraid or worried on what somethings or what you may think people will think of you by asking.

I hate asking for help no matter how bad I need it . I think it cause I’m to used to ppl acting like they own your soul for helping you

Believe me the alternative can be a whole lot worse..sometimes pride can stand in your way. I've been there..too stubborn to ask until someone close to me insisted on helping me. Most likely the saved my life.

It's ok to ask for help if you are struggling. Sometimes we just need to vent for a while, or get another person's perspective, but if you feel you need professional help, that's quite OK too.

Yes all good advice and advice i have given to people myself but when you have been playing along with what people expect you to be its hard to then blurt it all out and admit that you have been struggling all along

Are those people friends...family..workmates?

"Yes all good advice and advice i have given to people myself but when you have been playing along with what people expect you to be its hard to then blurt it all out and admit that you have been struggling all along"

Be as compassionate towards yourself as you would be to a close friend. Life can be hard. We are not perfect and we don't have to be.

"Yes all good advice and advice i have given to people myself but when you have been playing along with what people expect you to be its hard to then blurt it all out and admit that you have been struggling all along"

You would be suprised how understanding people are.

We have all known people who struggled with their mental health alot of them are people we would not have thought were.

Talk to who ever you can and never be worried that its somethong you shouldnt do

"Are those people friends...family..workmates?"

All of the above i have always been the one people come to when they need to talk or need help and i have always done whatever i could to help them

By *ofistimacatedMan  over a year ago

cavan town

In my experience, it is not healthy to compare your situation to others "worse off" than you. And it really doesn't help when other people say things like "you've nothing to worry about when you look at what others are going through" this belittles your problems in your own head and leaves you less inclined to ask for help. Resulting in problems becoming less manageable.

I know it's not for everyone, but meditation has helped me to no end. I started doing it as a last resort about 10 years ago, having suffered panic attacks regularly due to stress. I havnt had a panic attack since and I'm pretty sure they are a thing of the past for me.

Meditation has helped me to be more focused, with a clearer mind to manage all the shit that life throws at me. But I understand it is not for everyone.

Then they should have no issues listening to you..even uf its talking to just one of them..the relief you'll feel will be huge. Professional help is great too..help guide you through.

"Then they should have no issues listening to you..even uf its talking to just one of them..the relief you'll feel will be huge. Professional help is great too..help guide you through."
I think you are at the point where you need to seek external help, if you are already at the point where you are seriously wondering if you need help,

Thank you all for the advice,i really did need to vent all of that,i know this is not really a place for it but it did clear up alot for me,tanx

It's ok ask help anytime!

But it's not easy for some..

I'm the person who always there for everyone.. But none when I need.. And it's hard for me to open up.. So most times I'm just trying keep strong on weakest..

If you are like that maybe try professional help or talk with some stranger.. I used do that, for me was easier..

By *shoreMan  over a year ago

cork

Op...well said......its the right time to talk anytime........maybe a bit of me time required......

By *ol_ieMan  over a year ago

Dublin west

Sometimes just talking to someone can lift your mood.

Just normal human interaction with someone can make such a difference. If a friend pops into your head just send them a quick message.

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman  over a year ago

in the waves

There is no shame in asking for help. We all have our limits and need support at times. Everyone's limits will be different so don't feel like you aren't entitled to seek help because it could always be worse. You have to look after you first and foremost. Xxxx

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

It's always alright to ask for help. Don't compare what others are going through. If you are struggling and finding it tough going then talking it out with someone can make all the difference. Don't ever worry about asking for help people who know and care will understand.I think most of us try and cope I know I'm one of the worst for it but when things get really hard I have a small handful of people I can talk to. And that really helps.

By *unnyfookMan  over a year ago

Naas

Ask anytime, no matter how hard

» Add a new message to this topic