FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Keep active, keep fit ,keep your distance

Keep active, keep fit ,keep your distance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This post wont be for everybody but since posting the pictures yesterday so many people writing to me saying they wish gyms were still open and they cant train etc.

Firstly you dont need a gym to stay fit. Bodyweight excercises are just as effective as lifting weights. Some will disagree i know but try the following 2 or 3 times a week until your gyms reopen.

Leg Day

Deep Squats

Lunges

Box jumps / step up (use a low garden wall or kitchen chair for this)

Jumping Squats

Calf Raises.

I would normally do 5 sets of 30 second sets for each of the above.

5 second rest between sets

I use a weighted vest but trust me a school bag is as good. If you are finding the circuit above to easy do reps instead.

5 sets 10 reps but for each rep on the Deep Squats Lunges and jumping squats do each rep slow. Eg. 5 second down , Pause and hold for 2 second and up to starting point)

Fabbers i dont work in the fitness industry and i dont think im joe wicks the bodycoach. I just enjoy to keep active. Healthy body healthy mind. If i have enough individuals who show interest to the above post i will do an upper body circuit next or ye can google bodyweight circuits and loads will show up on the web.

Anyway stay safe fabbers during this terrible time & dont forget to keep your distance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

last time i tried a box jump i near fell and busted my arse. im sticking with me squats and banded excercises lmao

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"This post wont be for everybody but since posting the pictures yesterday so many people writing to me saying they wish gyms were still open and they cant train etc.

Firstly you dont need a gym to stay fit. Bodyweight excercises are just as effective as lifting weights. Some will disagree i know but try the following 2 or 3 times a week until your gyms reopen.

Leg Day

Deep Squats

Lunges

Jumping Squats

Calf Raises.

I use a weighted vest but trust me a school bag is as good. If you are finding the circuit above to easy do reps instead.

5 sets 10 reps but for each rep on the Deep Squats Lunges and jumping squats do each rep slow. Eg. 5 second down , Pause and hold for 2 second and up to starting point)

Fabbers i dont work in the fitness industry and i dont think im joe wicks the bodycoach. I just enjoy to keep active. Healthy body healthy mind. If i have enough individuals who show interest to the above post i will do an upper body circuit next or ye can google bodyweight circuits and loads will show up on the web.

Anyway stay safe fabbers during this terrible time & dont forget to keep your distance

"

Thanks for this OP, i am doing home workouts aswell, i have some small bits of equipment weights/steps, i am doing some weights baring exercises also planks/bridges, etc. But i must admit my training has been uprooted in a big way. Barely tipping away, motivation is dimishing each day on lockdown a little with household things. Of course Netflix and fab are a big distraction also lol. But i am keeping it positive and there is so many different exercises can be done at home on the spot even....

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

last time i tried a box jump i near fell and busted my arse. im sticking with me squats and banded excercises lmao

Been there done that myself. All a bit of fun at the end of it though ??

By *enchtouristCouple  over a year ago

Armagh

We're doing the insanity program, no better excuse to get stuck in

"last time i tried a box jump i near fell and busted my arse. im sticking with me squats and banded excercises lmao

Been there done that myself. All a bit of fun at the end of it though ??"

Maybe you could try another box jump and see if you would land on my box.... Lol

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

"last time i tried a box jump i near fell and busted my arse. im sticking with me squats and banded excercises lmao

Been there done that myself. All a bit of fun at the end of it though ??"

not when your butt is in bits and u made a proper show of yourself in the gym

By *herieWoman  over a year ago

The Burbs

"This post wont be for everybody but since posting the pictures yesterday so many people writing to me saying they wish gyms were still open and they cant train etc.

Leg Day

Deep Squats

Lunges

Jumping Squats

Calf Raises.

Thanks for this OP, i am doing home workouts aswell, i have some small bits of equipment weights/steps, i am doing some weights baring exercises also planks/bridges, etc. But i must admit my training has been uprooted in a big way. Barely tipping away, motivation is dimishing each day on lockdown a little with household things. Of course Netflix and fab are a big distraction also lol. But i am keeping it positive and there is so many different exercises can be done at home on the spot even.... "

Agreed!! I miss the hot instructors too and having a perv

Thanks for sharing. Totally let my training slide. But on rest days tomorrow so time to get stuck back in

The most simple exercise for toning & strengthening legs and burning fat and cellulite at the same time and you do not have to move a muscle is doing what they call " The Horse Stance " ,the best way to discibe how to do it at the start is sit in an up right position ,back straight on the very edge of a kitchen chair ,feet flat on the floor slightly wider than shoulder width apart ,hands straight out at shoulder level ,then just lift your butt half an inch off the chair ,ie, no contact with chair ,you are now in the horse stance position ,try 2 minutes in this position first ,see how you get on ( now that you know the shape of the position ,it is like you were riding a horse ,there will be no need to start on a chair again ,just assume the position straight off, thighs paralell with floor ,see how ya get on ,like l said try to do 2 mins in the position and gently increase the time as you get conditioned to doing it ,please don't do this from a cold position ,if you already have a routine of exercise do that first so you will be warm starting this particular exercise...see how it goes but please believe me, it will test your legs without moving a muscle.

Leg Day

Deep Squats

Lunges

Jumping Squats

Calf Raises.

"

good advice thank you

By *yesgreenMan  over a year ago

north and south

Leg Day

Deep Squats

Lunges

Jumping Squats

Calf Raises.

good advice thank you "

Telling people to keep their distance can give you unwanted excise, that's what I have seen in dunnes

Go shopping side steping fools get you fit

» Add a new message to this topic