FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > London > So many just don't reply

So many just don't reply

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I can appreciate that some poeole on FAB get so many messages that their I box is literally full up so impossible to reply... Its a shame however when a message is opened there and then but not replied to . Big shout out and thank you to all of you who type back a simple thank you but not my type or something to that effect I have broad shoulder but it is disappointing

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustustwo.1965Couple  over a year ago

Check the rules.

No reply means no thanks.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Check the rules.

No reply means no thanks. "

I get that's the quide and rule.... Gosh so many messages do not warrant a reply but you have to admit it lovely to get a little something back

"Check the rules.

I get that's the quide and rule.... Gosh so many messages do not warrant a reply but you have to admit it lovely to get a little something back "

If it is clear that our profile has been read and respected then we may reply.

99.99% it isn't and it is someone chancing their arm.

We ignore those ones.

By *acksparrow99Man  over a year ago

Canary Wharf, London

It's the reality of dating/swinging sites for men. It's like this on any such site.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Check the rules.

No reply means no thanks. "

Jesus, talk about rude. Fuck all manners going on here

"Check the rules.

Jesus, talk about rude. Fuck all manners going on here"

Just as rude as it is for calling people rude for not replying,

The rules are there for all to read.

By *ukey1985ukMan  over a year ago

london

Yeah it’s absolutely Damn right rude not having a response! It’s like me coming up to you in the street and saying hello and you turn you back and walk away! Where has decency and respect been lost ??!

By *angolinMan  over a year ago

London

Women and couples get tons of messages. Not everyone has time and patience to reply to every message. I know I wouldn’t.

It can be annoying for single men because it’s hard to get someone’s attention. But it’s just the way it is. There’s plenty of places where being a man is an advantage, fab just isn’t one of them.

There’s no point in being angry/offended if someone doesn’t reply to your message. The sooner you get over it the sooner you can start enjoying this a bit more.

By *warmmisfortuneMan  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 27/07/21 11:17:50]

By *warmmisfortuneMan  over a year ago

London

"Women and couples get tons of messages. Not everyone has time and patience to reply to every message. I know I wouldn’t.

It can be annoying for single men because it’s hard to get someone’s attention. But it’s just the way it is. There’s plenty of places where being a man is an advantage, fab just isn’t one of them.

There’s no point in being angry/offended if someone doesn’t reply to your message. The sooner you get over it the sooner you can start enjoying this a bit more. "

well said! couldn't agree more

By *panddaCouple  over a year ago

West Mids

"Yeah it’s absolutely Damn right rude not having a response! It’s like me coming up to you in the street and saying hello and you turn you back and walk away! Where has decency and respect been lost ??! "

But let's be clear here, you have had a response.

Take it as a code, a bit like someone tipping their cap at you.

Remember, we are not on the street. We are on a site where 99% of single guys take any kind of reply as a green light to keep messaging people. There is a reason behind every rule.

We clearly say no single guys. We get loads contact us everyday. You know what happens if we say hello? We get asked what are we looking for. Every time.

It seems the majority can't read, so why reply anyway??

West Mids

The funny thing is, some of the guys being most vocal on here, are the same guys who have bothered us after clearly seeing that we don't like single guys.

Hilarious!!

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

The problem is 9 times out of 10 a polite no leads to either abuse or 3-4 messages trying to change your mind

No means no, not understanding that is very dangerous ground & honestly scares me that if they are like that in a message what would they be like in real life

By *aysOfOurLivesCouple  over a year ago

Chigwell

"The problem is 9 times out of 10 a polite no leads to either abuse or 3-4 messages trying to change your mind

"

You’re right. I wish there was a “thanks but no thanks” button for sending a standard reply that then prevented any messages from that person for 24hours. …by then they’d have moved on from the ego-boot.

I personally reply to every message that we receive op but then I have shit tones of time on my hands but I’d say that at least 80% of these message do not deserve a reply but nevertheless I reply and delete the ones I know would not interest my wife which then allows her the comfort of just replying to the ones that catch her eye which makes her fab adventure so much better.

So don’t be offended as no reply is simply put no thank you but best of luck and enjoy your own fab adventure.

Tony

"The problem is 9 times out of 10 a polite no leads to either abuse or 3-4 messages trying to change your mind

You’re right. I wish there was a “thanks but no thanks” button for sending a standard reply that then prevented any messages from that person for 24hours. …by then they’d have moved on from the ego-boot. "

Tbh this sounds like the perfect solution

By *adam07Man  over a year ago

london

[Removed by poster at 28/07/21 22:53:01]

By *adam07Man  over a year ago

london

"The funny thing is, some of the guys being most vocal on here, are the same guys who have bothered us after clearly seeing that we don't like single guys.

Hilarious!!"

You should change profile settings to "Not looking for single guys". That way they can't message you

By *lueTomatoMan  over a year ago

Tooting

As someone who has had single guy and couple profiles (when as a couple).

I relate in practise to what you are saying - If I PM someone as a single, I make sure I only PM people who i fit the criteria of aka I don't PM people only looking for couples, white people or those over 6ft/ripped etc.

However from the couple profile whenever we were looking for only F or Couples we got tons of messages from men that were sure they were the exception or "hi" or other messages that weren't worth a response.I did however reply to all reasonable length messages that fit the category we were looking for, but we just weren't interested because of locations/appearance/personality etc.

Same way now as a straight guy I don't bother to reply to other "straight guys" who offer to "discretely suck my dick" but have responded to a few questions I have received on the back of a review of Rios.

West Mids

"The funny thing is, some of the guys being most vocal on here, are the same guys who have bothered us after clearly seeing that we don't like single guys.

Hilarious!!

You should change profile settings to "Not looking for single guys". That way they can't message you"

Anyone with just a little intelligence can see from our profile that we aren't looking for single guys.

Surely even you can see that??

By *exy Black JenWoman  over a year ago

London/Eastbourne weekends

No means no, not understanding that is very dangerous ground & honestly scares me that if they are like that in a message what would they be like in real life

"

I absolutely agree. If they are that rude online imagine if as a single lady we decided to meet them and then declined something that they wanted to do...

A well thought out message always gets a reply from us.

However the huge number of 'Hi' 'What are you up to' 'How are you finding Fab', don't ( although Ginge will send the odd sarcastic reply to those who have messaged this for the umpteenth time.

I even updated our profile to say- in the first couple of lines- that we won't respond to one liners, yet still we get plenty.

The fact that we do respond to well thought out messages does give us the added problem of people saying 'why not?' when we say no, but that's when the block button comes into play.

By *955vintageMan  over a year ago

itchen stoke

I allways try to respond to any messages I get. I also understand that many people get an excessive amount of messages so i dont always expect a reply. A read and deleted usually means they have no interest so i note thst against thier profile.

Thurrock

After this thread the other day I decided I'd try and reply to all message, it lasted for 3 messages because 2 decided to reply again after a polite no thank you

(my profile actually says not meeting or chatting & directs people to my couples profile so the no thank you shouldn't have been a surprise & certainly didn't warrant abuse)

One told me I should count myself lucky he even messaged me as he lowered his standards to do so, the other told me I deserved to be *****being on a site like this & having sex with strangers

& that is exactly what I mean by not excepting no in a message, if they can't accept no in a message it could genuinely lead to an attack on real life (I know that's extreme but guys honestly don't do themselves any favours & it's why the good ones often get over looked)

My best advice is read a profile & only message if you genuinely fit their requirements (not you just thinking you do or trying to get them to fit to you) reference something in their bio in your message, have a few different styles of photos a profile pic is a must etc

By *955vintageMan  over a year ago

itchen stoke

Great post. Good advice.

"After this thread the other day I decided I'd try and reply to all message, it lasted for 3 messages because 2 decided to reply again after a polite no thank you

(my profile actually says not meeting or chatting & directs people to my couples profile so the no thank you shouldn't have been a surprise & certainly didn't warrant abuse)

One told me I should count myself lucky he even messaged me as he lowered his standards to do so, the other told me I deserved to be *****being on a site like this & having sex with strangers

& that is exactly what I mean by not excepting no in a message, if they can't accept no in a message it could genuinely lead to an attack on real life (I know that's extreme but guys honestly don't do themselves any favours & it's why the good ones often get over looked)

My best advice is read a profile & only message if you genuinely fit their requirements (not you just thinking you do or trying to get them to fit to you) reference something in their bio in your message, have a few different styles of photos a profile pic is a must etc

"

By *redy81Man  over a year ago

London

The funny thing is, I`ve found it a worse feeling when someone sent me a polite "thanks, but no thanks", than when others simply read and ignored my message. Being told in your face that "you are not good enough", regardless of how nicely they wrap it up, is never a pleasant feeling. While when you don`t receive a response, you can think that probably she is just overwhelmed with hundreds of messages - which can be easily true btw...

If you`re a single man, you must accept that we are at the bottom of the food chain here, and thanks to the crazily unlevel f/m ratio, there is a 100x bigger supply here from single man how big the actual demand is...

I rather suggest to any single guy to attend live events in clubs, you`ll get way better chances to get engaged in a conversation and possibly something more than here... Look for parties with a limited number of single guys if you can. The entry is a bit more pricey, but the difference worths every penny.

By *redy81Man  over a year ago

London

Another thought about this site, this unlevel "market" um...er... also makes many women act in a not too nice manner if I can put it in this way.

Even reading some of the profiles makes me feel, like - shit, where I am?

Everyone has a preference, I`m very picky myself about the look of women, but a long list in all capital like "DO NOT CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE X/Y/Z "(race, penis size, height etc) still looks a bit harsh.

It`s basically the equivalent of a man putting on his Tinder profile in all capital that "NO FATTIES!!!" or "NO WHITES/BLACKS/BROWNS/YELLOWS" - which would probably cause a storm on his social media profile if he`s being identified...

Again, I`m not against being picky on look at all, I am very picky myself, but probably you can express it in a but more civilized way?

I bet, many of the girls who have the rudest profiles are much more humble on Tinder, to be honest. :D

Thurrock

I found out today that by replying to someone even once, unless you physically block them they will automatically forever be able to override any filters you set on your account

Which is probably why the sites FAQs say no reply means no thanks

A polite no thank you is leading you wide open to messages from a user you're not interested in as long as both parties are on the site

By *team7279Couple  over a year ago

London

For our part, when we first started we'd try to reply to every message, just out of politeness. But as time has gone by, it's just been impossible to invest the time into it! Especially when most obviously haven't taken the time to read our profile. Currently the only messages that get answered are from people we already know in the lifestyle. I feel bad about it, but we've got a real life to be getting on with!

By *team7279Couple  over a year ago

London

We're also very clear on the profile that messages probably won't get answered, and invite people to message at their peril of they think they can convince us otherwise!

By *jkuk72Man  over a year ago

London & Herts

I'm a single 50 year old guy. Tall, sporty(ish), still with hair (grey), but no other super special attributes.

It is what it is, but if you conduct yourself decently, you have a nice profile, you are are happy to share a face pic on request and you only contact people that might be interested in you and make sure you read their profile in full (and check their verifications, if available), then you may meet somebody. Sometimes you exchange messages and it ends there, sometimes a social is arranged, occasionally a meet. That's my experience.

Nine times out of ten we are messaged by people who clearly haven’t read our profile.

We don't bother messaging back.

By *ife life moreCouple  over a year ago

Wisbech

"I can appreciate that some poeole on FAB get so many messages that their I box is literally full up so impossible to reply... Its a shame however when a message is opened there and then but not replied to . Big shout out and thank you to all of you who type back a simple thank you but not my type or something to that effect I have broad shoulder but it is disappointing "

For us our profile does say looking for bi people only so if your straight and you message me then you've not read our profile so straight delete but if your bi and read our profile then you get a reply back but noone has to

Another bit of abuse today from someone who took offence to our 'no thanks' reply.

I dont think you will ever stop the abuse until people start getting banned for it, and that seems unlikely to happen.

By *etWetWet453Couple  over a year ago

CAMBERLEY

"

You should change profile settings to "Not looking for single guys". That way they can't message you

Anyone with just a little intelligence can see from our profile that we aren't looking for single guys.

Surely even you can see that??"

Yes , but if you actually block them using the filters, as we have done, then you won’t ever get bothered by them at all. And you won’t even see that they have looked at your profile. The fact that you put on your profile that you are not looking for single men means nothing at all to a lot of guys. They will still message.

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"I can appreciate that some poeole on FAB get so many messages that their I box is literally full up so impossible to reply... Its a shame however when a message is opened there and then but not replied to . Big shout out and thank you to all of you who type back a simple thank you but not my type or something to that effect I have broad shoulder but it is disappointing "

That's not what gets me it's when you have spoken to a woman for a week a.meeting is arranged. And when you look again to say hello they have booked you. No reason given. This has happend for the umpteenth time last Sunday

Frankly I am so disillusioned with fab and the swinging community that I am just about ready to give it up as a bad job

London & Herts

"Another bit of abuse today from someone who took offence to our 'no thanks' reply.

I dont think you will ever stop the abuse until people start getting banned for it, and that seems unlikely to happen. "

Some people, eh? A no is a no. End of

Ok. Let's put this in a context that may be understood. I am sitting with 64 unread messages atm. I do not spend my life on Fab. So for me to open every one and send just a no thanks to each one would take a minute each. That is over an hr of my life. That is not taking into account those I am in ongoing conversations with. Much longer replies. Time is the most precious thing on this planet. It is nothing to do with manners. It is to do with time. I struggle to have time for those I want to interact with. Why should I be using it on people who chose to come into my mailbox when I can hardly make time for those I am already interacting with. Not being an arsehole. Just putting it into context. Just because someone doesn't reply doesn't mean they have no manners. I'm the nicest cunt out there

London & Herts

"Ok. Let's put this in a context that may be understood. I am sitting with 64 unread messages atm. I do not spend my life on Fab. So for me to open every one and send just a no thanks to each one would take a minute each. That is over an hr of my life. That is not taking into account those I am in ongoing conversations with. Much longer replies. Time is the most precious thing on this planet. It is nothing to do with manners. It is to do with time. I struggle to have time for those I want to interact with. Why should I be using it on people who chose to come into my mailbox when I can hardly make time for those I am already interacting with. Not being an arsehole. Just putting it into context. Just because someone doesn't reply doesn't mean they have no manners. I'm the nicest cunt out there "

Well said

"

Surely even you can see that??

Yes , but if you actually block them using the filters, as we have done, then you won’t ever get bothered by them at all. And you won’t even see that they have looked at your profile. The fact that you put on your profile that you are not looking for single men means nothing at all to a lot of guys. They will still message. "

We know.

Sadly they are ignorant and stupid.

I am sure it's been said before but imagine the scene, you are a single woman and just logged on to her account after a few days, there are literally hundreds of messages waiting for her, to go through them and reply to them would take all evening, if not longer. And that is why most women do not reply, the sheer volume and as this is a hobby not a profession, if said female feels like not replying because of the amount of messages she has, then that is down to her.

It could also be the type of message being sent, too long and women don't read, too short or dick pics, women don't read, I wouldn't want to be a man on fab because getting that first message right is one of the hardest things.

My advice? Go to socials, meet people and get connections that way.

Danish x

London & Herts

"I am sure it's been said before but imagine the scene, you are a single woman and just logged on to her account after a few days, there are literally hundreds of messages waiting for her, to go through them and reply to them would take all evening, if not longer. And that is why most women do not reply, the sheer volume and as this is a hobby not a profession, if said female feels like not replying because of the amount of messages she has, then that is down to her.

It could also be the type of message being sent, too long and women don't read, too short or dick pics, women don't read, I wouldn't want to be a man on fab because getting that first message right is one of the hardest things.

Danish x"

Yep

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

"I am sure it's been said before but imagine the scene, you are a single woman and just logged on to her account after a few days, there are literally hundreds of messages waiting for her, to go through them and reply to them would take all evening, if not longer. And that is why most women do not reply, the sheer volume and as this is a hobby not a profession, if said female feels like not replying because of the amount of messages she has, then that is down to her.

Danish x"

My advice... Get a sex change and become a female.

By *ausageNmashCouple  over a year ago

Andover

Grow a thicker skin

Thurrock

"I can appreciate that some poeole on FAB get so many messages that their I box is literally full up so impossible to reply... Its a shame however when a message is opened there and then but not replied to . Big shout out and thank you to all of you who type back a simple thank you but not my type or something to that effect I have broad shoulder but it is disappointing

That's not what gets me it's when you have spoken to a woman for a week a.meeting is arranged. And when you look again to say hello they have booked you. No reason given. This has happend for the umpteenth time last Sunday

Frankly I am so disillusioned with fab and the swinging community that I am just about ready to give it up as a bad job"

Guys ghost people too

I'd say over half they people I've interacted with on here over the years just want someone to chat to while they have a wank & have no intention of ever meeting anyone

By *ovelaughliveCouple  over a year ago

Oldham

If we get a decent message and not just fancy a fuck with a dick pic we will always reply even if just to be polite and say not for us x

By *urioustoswingMan  over a year ago

london

"Check the rules.

Jesus, talk about rude. Fuck all manners going on here"

I agree.

Those who use this as an excuse to justify their rudeness, are oblivious to and it an obviously do not have any morals or manners.

Anybody who uses this excuse, needs to:

1. Look up the definition of an answer;

2. Question how they were brought up;

3. See how far such an idea would get you in the military (where you learn manners if you hadn’t been brought up with them). I remember a senior officer once saying: “An answer consists of words! If if I don’t hear one, that will not constitute an answer”!!

4. Think about his justifying “no answer is an answer” fits into their daily lives and those of others...

if a shop assistant ignored you and didn’t answer you, I suppose that justifies an answer, so you wouldn’t make a complaint against them?

If someone never answered your calls and texts and you never heard from them again, I suppose that constitutes an answer?

If you were angry and demanded a reason and response from someone and they didn’t answer, I suppose you have received your answer?

5. Need to understand this isn’t a whole different world on here.

Have some class and portray yourself with class and respect. What applies to the outside world, applies here and what applies here, is applied to the outside world.

6. (This one is especially aimed at men) if you can look at a message and don’t have the balls to say yay or nay and be direct and acknowledging, I’d be questioning whether you are a man or coward.

Thurrock

"Check the rules.

I agree.

Those who use this as an excuse to justify their rudeness, are oblivious to and it an obviously do not have any morals or manners.

3. See how far such an idea would get you in the military (where you learn manners if you hadn’t been brought up with them). I remember a senior officer once saying: “An answer consists of words! If if I don’t hear one, that will not constitute an answer”!!

4. Think about his justifying “no answer is an answer” fits into their daily lives and those of others...

if a shop assistant ignored you and didn’t answer you, I suppose that justifies an answer, so you wouldn’t make a complaint against them?

If someone never answered your calls and texts and you never heard from them again, I suppose that constitutes an answer?

If you were angry and demanded a reason and response from someone and they didn’t answer, I suppose you have received your answer?

Have some class and portray yourself with class and respect. What applies to the outside world, applies here and what applies here, is applied to the outside world.

6. (This one is especially aimed at men) if you can look at a message and don’t have the balls to say yay or nay and be direct and acknowledging, I’d be questioning whether you are a man or coward. "

It's not rude to ignore or delete a message it's rude to send abuse after a polite no thank you which is why most after a few weeks on this site use the ignore & delete option

I've now had to take the sad step of blocking all single men as I'm sick of the endless 3 word messages but even then because of the way the filters work I still get dozens every day from those I have previously sent 'a polite no thank you to' because as soon as you've replied they will forever be able to override any filters you set on your account

Which again is why no reply is the best course of action if you're not interested

"Check the rules.

I agree.

6. (This one is especially aimed at men) if you can look at a message and don’t have the balls to say yay or nay and be direct and acknowledging, I’d be questioning whether you are a man or coward. "

If someone doesn't want to answer , it's up to them. What on earth it has to do with how that would stunt progress in the military is beyond me.

We get a staggering amount of one line messages and on the rare occasions we answer those, there is normally a comeback answer, so how long do you go answering back?

An example

Hi ( answer hi back)

How are you ( answer fine back)

What are you up to ...

It can go on and on and on. If someone doesn't reply, it's probably best to accept you weren't for them.

The last one liner Ginge chose to answer ( I would have just deleted it) ended with the bloke updating his status saying that we were twats, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

Our status and profile clearly shows what we do/don't want so why would we bother replying to all those guys who clearly haven't even read them? Answer - we don't and we block them to save them wasting any more time on us.

london

You all keep going on about one liner messages. Fair enough. That peeves me off.

However, I know I do not do one liner messages and write a detailed as well as polite message. Still no answer...

If someone hasn’t read your profiles (which peeves me off too) then yes, that is a reason to block.

Also, the abuse one has received (that I’ve not witnessed after rejecting someone) is wrong. However, there is no need to generalise as I have done my fair share of rejections and let people know.

The thing that peeves me off also are those that contradict what they’ve indicated on your profile. And when you live up to those/their standards... well, they don’t have the ounce of manners to say yay or nay.

As for the stint in the army, re-read what I’ve written.

london

"Check the rules.

I agree.

6. (This one is especially aimed at men) if you can look at a message and don’t have the balls to say yay or nay and be direct and acknowledging, I’d be questioning whether you are a man or coward.

If someone doesn't want to answer , it's up to them. What on earth it has to do with how that would stunt progress in the military is beyond me.

We get a staggering amount of one line messages and on the rare occasions we answer those, there is normally a comeback answer, so how long do you go answering back?

An example

Hi ( answer hi back)

What are you up to ...

It can go on and on and on. If someone doesn't reply, it's probably best to accept you weren't for them.

The last one liner Ginge chose to answer ( I would have just deleted it) ended with the bloke updating his status saying that we were twats, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.

"

All you have to say is: “fine thanks, but not interested if looking for anything sexual”

Come on people... does it really take the biggest balls to be direct??

"Check the rules.

I agree.

An example

Hi ( answer hi back)

What are you up to ...

All you have to say is: “fine thanks, but not interested if looking for anything sexual”

Come on people... does it really take the biggest balls to be direct?? "

I would have thought 'no thanks 'was about as direct as we could be.

As I wrote previously, we do answer well thought out messages, but if some people choose not to do that, it is entirely their concern.

By * Plus ECouple  over a year ago

The South

"Check the rules.

I agree.

An example

Hi ( answer hi back)

What are you up to ...

Come on people... does it really take the biggest balls to be direct?? "

May I ask how many messages a day you get?

E

What truly puzzles me about the whole message thing is...why people do not use the tools provided by the site to stop some "categories" from messaging? Sure, you may lose out on some nice messages, but the tradeoff of not having to deal with hundreds of unwanted messages offsets that little inconvenience in my opinion.

» Add a new message to this topic