FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > London > Commuting to Gatwick

Commuting to Gatwick

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exycdboyx OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Clapham

Hey all, not sure where else to post this but will be working in Gatwick soon and was wondering what's the best/cost effective way to commute. Southern Rail season ticket is looking VERY expensive, so any advice would help. Won't be able to drive, so public transport only. Thanks in advance!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oulkissMan  over a year ago

Croydon

Where are you commuting from?

At the moment based on your Fabs location it looks like you will need to fly in and out each day from Dublin.

Clapham

I'm permanently relocating for work, so will likely need to move to Croydon I think? Half way between London and Gatwick. Other suggestions welcome

By *anni_xoTV/TS  over a year ago

london

Croydon to Gatwick on the train is very easy from East Croydon station 30 mins and your there!

But as some who lived in Croydon I would suggest not to move there, if your working in Gatwick suggest move close to there Crawley is main town next to it, commute be quicker and cheaper and rent be cheaper. So unless you want to be closer to London look closer to Gatwick and south for better cost and better places!!

Aside to that, when you do land here, we should hook up

Croydon

"Croydon to Gatwick on the train is very easy from East Croydon station 30 mins and your there!

But as some who lived in Croydon I would suggest not to move there, if your working in Gatwick suggest move close to there Crawley is main town next to it, commute be quicker and cheaper and rent be cheaper. So unless you want to be closer to London look closer to Gatwick and south for better cost and better places!!"

I totally agree with the above - I like living im Croydon but it will be more expensive for you.

If going out in London in the evening is important to you, I would recommend Three Bridges, its close to Gatwick like Crawley BUT the Thameslink trasins that run 24hrs all stop there regardless of final destination, so you can quickly, easily and fairly cheaply get home after a night out clubbing/whatever They run about every 30 mins

Good luck with your move, hope it all goes well, I made the move from Svotlan to London about 26 years ago and still enjoying it here,

Clapham

Thank you both! Does Three Bridges

Thameslink run 24hrs? Cause yeah, going out is kinda important to me haha

Croydon

Yeah, they dont seem to stop at London Bridge but you can get them from Blackfriars and St Pancras - I have used both - I got the Thameslink from Blackfriars at some time between 3 and 4 on the 15th feb (Only to East Croydon)

Google should be bale to get you to the thameslink timetables.

Three Bridges also puts you closer to Brighton

» Add a new message to this topic