FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > London > Lack of swingers

Lack of swingers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sure this has been posted before, but we are genuinely surprised by the lack of swingers we find in the Capital.

We thought we'd be spoilt for choice!

Is it because we all have TOO much choice?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

"Sure this has been posted before, but we are genuinely surprised by the lack of swingers we find in the Capital.

Is it because we all have TOO much choice?"

To clarify that last statement we mean (and we are just as guilty as anyone of this), but we find ourselves talking to lots of people, without actually getting to the doing bit!

And we don't think it's because they change their minds!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

In our expereince London is not the "hot bed" everyone seems to think it is, well certinly not swinging lol

"In our expereince London is not the "hot bed" everyone seems to think it is, well certinly not swinging lol"

So it seems.

We really have no idea why.

Nope, I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head there.

When I moved down here in 2011, I thought there would be more members based around my area.

Even the amount of responses to this thread proves how dire London can be!

Lol

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

As someone who lived in Greenwich for 16 years and has been north of the border for 5 now, can I just say GET YOURSELVES UP HERE!!!! It's far more fun up here especially in the central belt (Glasgow/Edinburgh). There are more naughty people up here than down there lol.

If you ever come north for a holiday check out the Scotland forum first. I reckon it's one of the busiest and we have socials arranged quite frequently so time a trip north right, and you could meet loads of like minded nawty people!!!

By *ogamuffinMan  over a year ago

slough

Hi horny

How's it going?

Yeah I understand what you mean. It can be quite hard, plus there's all the time wasters as well.

Check out some of the clubs and socials, as it a good way to meet like minded people.

I go to the socials as its a nice way to put a face to a name.

You know where to find me.....

By *lifelessvanillaCouple  over a year ago

Queens Park, London

I'd guess it depends on what you are looking for. We generally look for couples under the age of 35 who are interested in a swinging relationships built on friendships. There are more people in London who piqué out interest than we have the time on inclination to meet. Conversely we have a few friends outside London who complain continually about the dearth of suitable playmates.

By *akedninjaMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Edinburgh & surrounding area's seem to be rife with swingers in my experience .. Ladies & couples are more than welcome to come & see for yourself,I'll even put you up & host a wee party for you & introduce you to some great fellow swingers if you like

By *isterBlackcockMan  over a year ago

London

I agree totally! Having lived in London all my life and a swinger of 13 years I've had a grand total of 3 meets with Londoners! All my other meets have been with fems/couples visiting the City or me travelling miles to see them. I don't know why there is a lack of them.

Time wasters not fabswingers ive refreshed my friends page and after messaging them the will be a new clear out london swings not any more the swings gone rusty and needs oiling

"Hi horny

How's it going?

Yeah I understand what you mean. It can be quite hard, plus there's all the time wasters as well.

Check out some of the clubs and socials, as it a good way to meet like minded people.

Oh we get about. In a good way of course, attending clubs and socials.

It just seems the people at them are all from outside London, so therefore meeting up again proves very difficult.

"

By *nfieldishCouple  over a year ago

Enfield

Maybe a lot of us are a bit laid back......I reckon you have to aggressively pursue to get a meet.....and that is certainly not our way....

We would certainly like to do more..

But just a tad too relaxed about it all...

I think the best way to get us...is by knocking on our door and pulling our pants down....

"Maybe a lot of us are a bit laid back......I reckon you have to aggressively pursue to get a meet.....and that is certainly not our way....

We would certainly like to do more..

But just a tad too relaxed about it all...

I think the best way to get us...is by knocking on our door and pulling our pants down....

"

Well, Enfield is close to us.

Lol

By *r mrs pCouple  over a year ago

taunton

"Sure this has been posted before, but we are genuinely surprised by the lack of swingers we find in the Capital.

Its because we left lol

We have regularly booked hotel rooms and met cpls.

In fact we have one this Friday in east London if any sexy cpl are interested

By *aster of a mindCouple  over a year ago

York

Move to Wales, this place is full of swingers. We thought we would be the only ones when we started, but the whole village is at it we don't care if there is not enough people we have loads of sheep

Queens Park, London

Interesting the different experiences we all seem to have. We could probably see a different London based couple every weekend if we so wished, as to our mind there are more than enough around.

Many more distractions in London. I seem to find that there is more action in smaller places with less going on

P.S.

If anybody is ever looking for a genuine, single guy in London ... feel free to get in touch and we can take it from there.

have to agree with the o/p.

but when a couple are looking for other couples, the chances of all four people finding each other attractive enough to have sex with is diminished greatly.

some people don't really care about looks and will have sex with anyone but there has to a some kind of attraction surely but it is such a subjective thing, although guys tend to be easier to please,lol.

Well give me a try I'm sure you won't be disappointed but your sometimes there's just way to much talking and it don't go no where

I use to live in north east of England for few years and there are several genuine people who like swinging. I moved to London over an year ago and its really hard to find a "Genuine" swinging couple. Never expected but yes some areas in London are very quiet.

I am not entirely sure why is it soo quiet?

You have 8.2 million people living in London, thats over 2 million more people that live in the whole of Scotland .. and we get it on pretty well up here lol...as Elvis said... a little less conversation a little more action .... lol

By *uicyjaynkinkykayCouple  over a year ago

slough

i totally agree theres loads of swingers many are nice many are fussy ....many are up there own asses ... yea me n partner find that even thou we swing not always together..... it would be nice to meet genuine peeps xxx

By *olden_Road_to_SamarkandMan  over a year ago

Road to Samarkand

I think the Midlands is where it all happens these days - a much more developed scene. I think it's down to the number, and concentration, of clubs, and the amount of spare time people have - London is SO expensive you feel you have to work longer hours.. I also think that meets in London are more transient - i.e. less people actually building up networks with each other. Just my thougts for what it's worth....but wish it was better here too!

Glad its not just me who thinks this.

From my own point of view, i think the mentality of those in London is different to those in other areas. Im being generic and im not saying everyone in London is like this...but you can sense in their communication, its different to those in other parts of the UK, Wales or Scotland.

Thats just my view..and im speaking from experiece

"Glad its not just me who thinks this.

From my own point of view, i think the mentality of those in London is different to those in other areas. Im being generic and im not saying everyone in London is like this...but you can sense in their communication, its different to those in other parts of the UK, Wales or Scotland.

Thats just my view..and im speaking from experiece

"

In what way do you think the mentality of people in London is different?

And we also agree with the comment about meets in London being of a more 'transient' nature.

Mabes spread out a bit

I'm a weekday commuter into C London and always up for meets Mon-Thurs evenings - and lunchtime is a good opportunity for a quick coffee/drink to check chemistry. Look forward to lots of offers from readers of this thread....

Yes Wales is great your spoilt for choice really.poppyxx

how odd most we see are from london area, wonder if its what ur looking for ?

Isn't Wargrave supposed to be the swinging capital of the UK? (Maidenhead way). Wasn't it in the news a couple of years back?

By *andd2Couple  over a year ago

The Dungeon

We come to London to play and don't usually have trouble finding people we're attracted to that finds us the same. We only have trouble when we get too specific. Example: we're looking for a couple to join us and 2 single guys this Friday. Those that have enquired are only really interested in couple to couple meets, not the single guys with us. However, we expected this difficulty so we're not disappointed by the lack of offers to join in.

On a normal basis we do alright every time we advertise a meet in London.

X

By *rKDMan  over a year ago

London

If you look on chat live there's normally more at it in wales or Ireland than London

must be real bored i guess...

By *aster of a mindCouple  over a year ago

York

I think in wales we are also mor prepared to travel. We have at least an hours drive (if not more) to our nearets swingers club. Most meets we have are generally also more than an hour away. I bet there is not many people who travel s far as we do for parties/clubs etc....unless it's by choice of course.

we will have to come to London and sample the clubs there as well as some cockney couples

people have started sitting on their arses pretending to use their judgment based on buttons...sad fact

not sad for those who are meeting 'swingers'...so in fact..the moaners (of any sex) might as well shut up and change how THEY play..

regarding London?..with the myriads of clubs u's all have, and lots in nearby cities...compare that to scotlands 1 per city club...if I lived in england i'd be ashamed to complain there wasnt any action in local areas...really...i REALLY would

We're both going to be in London in the next two weeks so we'll see what London has to offer.

But it does seem that there is more happening up north compared to London.

It could be that people are more fussy, distracted or they are too busy to swing?

Just a theory...

Silk

[Removed by poster at 01/04/13 18:30:03]

By *hil_SW19Man  over a year ago

Raynes Park

London has so many things you can do.

Fetish clubs are very common, parties exist too. We also have fun things like last Tuesday, white mischief and the like.

Thing with london is it is very age restrictive. Whether its social events or single events, people only want to mix within their same decade max.

Whether you can hold a conversation, enjoy similar things, look good for your age; most londoners dont care.

Also, london has a higher ratio of single male dicks which annoy couples.

As for clubs, the papers killed a few with exposures.

Anyone looking for a reliable male check me out. I will suprise you

"We're both going to be in London in the next two weeks so we'll see what London has to offer.

It could be that people are more fussy, distracted or they are too busy to swing?

Just a theory...

Silk "

Londoners are for too busy avoiding making eye contact with each other

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

I also am not quite sure what it is with London and swinging (or should that be swingers) in general. For some reason, for every meet I have in London, I have 5 more outside the M25, hence most of my meets requiring travel.

A lot of the time the conversation starts, the interest is there, but fast forward to logistics to meeting, I get "I don't know" if asked when free over the next 3 months,.. but still very interested! Strange.

"We're both going to be in London in the next two weeks so we'll see what London has to offer.

That is so true !!! Come on london start swinging xxxx

Just a theory...

Silk

Londoners are for too busy avoiding making eye contact with each other "

That is so true xxx come on london lets start the swinging xxxxx

By *akedninjaMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

Well said paddy! You tell them! Lol

"Hi horny

How's it going?

"

time wasters defo. Thats y we go clubs now. Beta ppl beta fun xxxx

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Come up the M4 to South Wales, there are regular socials here in Newport, Cardiff, and Swansea, all chock full of swingers!

If you fancy a naughty weekend away, check the Welsh forums for the next social, get your names down, book a room and give us a shout, there's always a welcome in the hillside!

Queens Park, London

Abfabs is full most Saturday's. Between KK, LL and their ilk there are multiple occasions each and every month where you can easily find 100+ swingers in a venue in London. Amongst our swinger friends, there is rarely a weekend where at least one of the London couples we know isn't doing something naughty be it at a formal party or something more private.

There is categorically no shortage of swingers in London and I'd suggest if you have a view to the contrary it may be more a reflection of you not appealing to the London crowd than the absence of swingers.

Maybe the title we put on this thread is misleading.

We are aware that when we attend clubs on the edges of London (as we haven't found any central yet) that they are busy. However, out of a population of 7/8 million, clubs that are attended by 100+ people a few times a month, seems to be quite a poor showing considering the amount of people here. Clubs in other parts of the country get roughly the same amount of attendance, but have a much smaller 'on their doorstep' potential audience. Maybe our title should have been "Come on London, why isn't there more of us swinging!"

Also, what we find is the people we chat to from London via Fabs very rarely turn into meets. This is a Fabs thing though, not a London thing.

» Add a new message to this topic