FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > London > Super cars driving aroubd

Super cars driving aroubd

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *homasP80 OP   Man  over a year ago

Linwood

I was amazed to find many YouTube vids of super cars (porches/lambo's) etc driving around in central London. Ok some guys flashing there expensive cars.

But what gets me is:

WHY drive something designed for HIGH speed/race way in a city centre, and in a city like London where the average speed in the city centre has barely increased in like 100 years.

As you can travel quicker via push bike than car. Top gear done this in a 4 way race - car/motor V push bike V speed boat V public transport. And yes the car/motor came LAST.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nsert user name hereMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"some guys flashing there expensive cars.

"

Think u answered your own question

By *ouple36DDCouple  over a year ago

Holloway

We were recently living in Mayfair. Most of the reidents in our block where from the Middle East. Our next door neighbour was waiting for his car to come over from Dubai so he can have if for spring.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"We were recently living in Mayfair. Most of the reidents in our block where from the Middle East. Our next door neighbour was waiting for his car to come over from Dubai so he can have if for spring. "
some people have more money than sense lol

Linwood

"some guys flashing there expensive cars.

Think u answered your own question "

Ok, fair enough. But I mean seriously in the centre of London.

I mean, c'mon surly there are better and more appropriate places (like a race track) to show your off these cars, and show also what there capable of, not have them drive at like "look at how much money I got" and at like between 10-20mph.

I'm telling you I'd rather go through London via push bike/moped as its actually quicker.

It costs about £35k to airfreight their cars over. They like to show their cars off, parking them outside the coffee bars in Knightsbridge.

It's not about driving them at speed, it's about having them on display

For attention. It's as much a fashion statement and show of wealth as it is a means of transport.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

If you live and garage your car in a city, you have to drive through the city to get to the open spaces.

"It costs about £35k to airfreight their cars over. They like to show their cars off, parking them outside the coffee bars in Knightsbridge.

It's not about driving them at speed, it's about having them on display"

. The airfreight is expensive, but it's nothing like 35k, probably 10% of that, but when your spending quarter of a mil on a car I guess that doesn't matter.

"It costs about £35k to airfreight their cars over. They like to show their cars off, parking them outside the coffee bars in Knightsbridge.

It's not about driving them at speed, it's about having them on display. The airfreight is expensive, but it's nothing like 35k, probably 10% of that, but when your spending quarter of a mil on a car I guess that doesn't matter."

That price wouldn't buy a first class seat

My friend has a lambo gets lots of attention but It's way to flash and is not worth having in central London.

Linwood

"My friend has a lambo gets lots of attention but It's way to flash and is not worth having in central London."

Very true, I mean, it wont take long for there car to get clipped by courier moped, hear that happens a LOT.

Well, if there happy to burn there clutch out by travelling at like 10-20mph and starting and stopping a LOT.

Surly take them to the Nurbergring and REALLY see what it can do.

You'll probably be able to do an entire lap on that long track by the time you've driven like less than a mile in London.

By *ezjez369Man  over a year ago

london

when you are worth £100 mill plus amd have run out of things to spend money on, come back on here and explain why you drive a lambo to tescos for fun. Its not hard to work out lol

"My friend has a lambo gets lots of attention but It's way to flash and is not worth having in central London.

Very true, I mean, it wont take long for there car to get clipped by courier moped, hear that happens a LOT.

Well, if there happy to burn there clutch out by travelling at like 10-20mph and starting and stopping a LOT.

Surly take them to the Nurbergring and REALLY see what it can do.

You'll probably be able to do an entire lap on that long track by the time you've driven like less than a mile in London."

Because very few supercars are owned by people that want to go thrash them around anywhere let alone at the nurbergring...

By *uper_gMan  over a year ago

london

How about we just sit back and admire the view!!!

» Add a new message to this topic