FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > London > Topics in here

Topics in here

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thought I express an observation in here lately.

Aright, all I see in this part of the forums are posts of forming KIK groups, random meet up places and areas, New Cross Cinema etc.

Although, these kinds of threads pose no harm in the forefront, I'm beginning to wonder why many Londoners hardly comment here. They are full of unwanted attempts to meet which seem dubious to many.

Any thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

"Thought I express an observation in here lately.

Aright, all I see in this part of the forums are posts of forming KIK groups, random meet up places and areas, New Cross Cinema etc.

Although, these kinds of threads pose no harm in the forefront, I'm beginning to wonder why many Londoners hardly comment here. They are full of unwanted attempts to meet which seem dubious to many.

Any thoughts?"

Because they post in the main forums ... no need to post here too? Lots of London posters in the lounge, etc.

Any thoughts?

Because they post in the main forums ... no need to post here too? Lots of London posters in the lounge, etc."

Yeah I get that but the nature of this part of the forum is starting to look a bit too seedy with all these desperate attempts of meets, there's actually another part of the forum for that. If we Londoners are the well known Inhabitants of the capital then at least we should have more of a community of interesting posts on a variety of topics that's London centric but seems like there's not enough Londoners to help with that. Oh well, just an observation.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think community spirit is lacking in London in general, so it doesn't surprise me the London forum struggles to engage users in the same way the other forums do.

SW London

Any thoughts?

Because they post in the main forums ... no need to post here too? Lots of London posters in the lounge, etc.

Yeah I get that but the nature of this part of the forum is starting to look a bit too seedy with all these desperate attempts of meets, there's actually another part of the forum for that. If we Londoners are the well known Inhabitants of the capital then at least we should have more of a community of interesting posts on a variety of topics that's London centric but seems like there's not enough Londoners to help with that. Oh well, just an observation."

I am not from London, but I have lived here for six years. I don't see it as one community, its too big and sprawling. Everywhere is very different, even from the next borough. I don't think there are too many things we Londoners have in common ... maybe London clubs? Or, outside the swinging world, public transport or Boris? We frequent Micham, Merton, Croydon and Kingston, but we dont find too much similarity in any of them, and in terms of clubs, we play outside the capital ... many of those inside are too commercial and mainstream for us, or too vanilla. I agree I would like to see some sort of community, but I dont think its the nature of the place

Any thoughts?

Yeah I get that but the nature of this part of the forum is starting to look a bit too seedy with all these desperate attempts of meets, there's actually another part of the forum for that. If we Londoners are the well known Inhabitants of the capital then at least we should have more of a community of interesting posts on a variety of topics that's London centric but seems like there's not enough Londoners to help with that. Oh well, just an observation.

I am not from London, but I have lived here for six years. I don't see it as one community, its too big and sprawling. Everywhere is very different, even from the next borough. I don't think there are too many things we Londoners have in common ... maybe London clubs? Or, outside the swinging world, public transport or Boris? We frequent Micham, Merton, Croydon and Kingston, but we dont find too much similarity in any of them, and in terms of clubs, we play outside the capital ... many of those inside are too commercial and mainstream for us, or too vanilla. I agree I would like to see some sort of community, but I dont think its the nature of the place"

Well it's really a shame then, London having the expensive commercial clubs, and high reputation of vanilla culture. Guess it's somthing to do with places outside of London that don't have a lot of clubs at each epic centre that there's likely a really proper sense of community and so you get Individual clubs and parties at a more affordable rate from outside then inside.

Guess it's the old reason of us being part of the big city too busy to genuinely chat and bond and rather just get it on and keep moving.

SW London

Yes, but maybe its also about having bonds and friends outside the swinging scene too, because neither of us are short of these, and now we are together, we combine them .... I don't think anyone should think all of their friends should come frim the scene, but then again maybe in a big city, its hard to make contacts and true connections, so that is where people go looking?

» Add a new message to this topic