FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How long do you leave unanswered messages on the table?

How long do you leave unanswered messages on the table?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hat Bloke OP   Man  over a year ago

Harrogate

So obviously there are ladies on here that get loads of messages that they cannot read. How long do you let a message stand before you decide it’s dead?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If they don't reply after 5 months I give up

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

I'd give it a few days and push it to the back of my mind during that time. Generally don't expect a reply and then if you get one it's a pleasant surprise.

A day or so.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

A few weeks

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I've had some really slow replies. After a week or so! Nice surprise when they come through but does make for a stilted conversation.

So with slow repliers, I tend to make statements rather than questions.

I certainly don't check and reply as quickly as normal with things as they are right now. Don't want people getting fed up of me, so I check and reply a couple of times a day now rather than replying as messages come in.

So I'd give it a few days wait.

I can sometimes do a bulk read once a week, rare I will respond unless its something to do with a forum post.

"If they don't reply after 5 months I give up "

Only 5 months

By *eplicant JoWoman  over a year ago

Sussex countryside

Sometimes I dont log on for days. The last time I stayed off for 5 months - so they were unanswered for a while

I send then immediately delete from my sent box.

I'm only in control of my messages, anything else is a nice bonus.

By *hat Bloke OP   Man  over a year ago

Harrogate

I give them about a week before I let them go (delete them off my sent list). I just wandered what the average was.

I suck. If I like the person I reply as soon as I can, but sometimes if I'm not feeling great I can easily forget a message and it slides down with so many others and gets lost and then I take ages to reply to it.

I really need to tighten my filters as I get too many and 95% of them are ignored as they are just standard messages that rarely interest me.

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

If the message and profile is shit I just leave it altogether until fab deletes it, works for me

If it's someone new and not related to a forum post or game I delete after sending.

I had a reply to one message after just over 6 months, got a meet from it too

I only seem to be able to find women on here capable of 2 or 3 word answers. The conversations will keep going, as long as I'm asking all the questions. I inevitably let those die when it becomes clear they're putting no effort in.

But with messages I find it best to fire and forget. If you get a reply, great, if not, who cares, there are plenty more fabbers out there. Admittedly it does get annoying when you were having a good, flowing exchange and then she stops dead, but if you're not expecting anything, it won't bother you that much.

I delete same day if it's been opened but no reply.

2 days then delete if not opened.

It is slightly amusing how many people talk about wanting connection / conversation but seem to struggle to do so in messages.

I tend to assume I’m not ticking sufficient boxes, they aren’t really interested or they’ve got other things going on.

The chats that stop dead mid conversation are the weirdest though. But you know how it is - move on!

By *xmfrvnMan  over a year ago

Stoke-on-Trent

I'm managing to not focus on it this time round - it did bother me when I was still new to the site. I just keep in mind that it's kind of amazing to get a reply at all, plus lately everyone's been really lovely.

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

"I suck. If I like the person I reply as soon as I can, but sometimes if I'm not feeling great I can easily forget a message and it slides down with so many others and gets lost and then I take ages to reply to it.

I really need to tighten my filters as I get too many and 95% of them are ignored as they are just standard messages that rarely interest me."

This pretty much for me too

» Add a new message to this topic