FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you have to sort the rubbish out where you live

Do you have to sort the rubbish out where you live

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I just moved to another area and now I have to separate my waste rubbish into different bags and no matter what I do the bin men keep leaving it I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I didn't know how easy life was when I could just throw everything into one bin. Now I'm having to take it to the tip myself.. I facking hate it and if I knew it was going to be like this I wouldn't of bought the house here.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I just moved to another area and now I have to separate my waste rubbish into different bags and no matter what I do the bin men keep leaving it I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I didn't know how easy life was when I could just throw everything into one bin. Now I'm having to take it to the tip myself.. I facking hate it and if I knew it was going to be like this I wouldn't of bought the house here. "

Phone the council and get them to send you definitive details of what goes in what bin

Sorted

This is a rubbish thread.

Green bags for this and pink bags for something else then white bags at a different time of the day.

They should fuck them!

Nope. Just have 3 bins. General, recycling and garden.

You have to pay extra to get your hedge cuttings taken away, £40 a year where I am, I went to the tip yesterday queued for 40 minutes, then they needed proof that I lived in the area, so I had to go home again and get ID, party on!

"I just moved to another area and now I have to separate my waste rubbish into different bags and no matter what I do the bin men keep leaving it I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I didn't know how easy life was when I could just throw everything into one bin. Now I'm having to take it to the tip myself.. I facking hate it and if I knew it was going to be like this I wouldn't of bought the house here.

Phone the council and get them to send you definitive details of what goes in what bin

Sorted "

They never answer the phone. The bin man said it says on the bags, so I did what it says and they still leave them

"Nope. Just have 3 bins. General, recycling and garden."

We have 3 bins also but still get fly tipping at the bottom of the street

"You have to pay extra to get your hedge cuttings taken away, £40 a year where I am, I went to the tip yesterday queued for 40 minutes, then they needed proof that I lived in the area, so I had to go home again and get ID, party on! "

They asked me if I had booked my trip to the tip in advance. Its a joke.

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Put it all In one big bag, drive to nearest lay-by and just Chuck it out there. Easy.

By *atBottomGirlsWoman  over a year ago

St Austell-ish

You could ask a neighbor how it works. Or is that too obvious of an answer?

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 05/08/20 17:37:18]

On a mooch

Sorted

They never answer the phone. The bin man said it says on the bags, so I did what it says and they still leave them "

Your council web site should detail it to

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

Sorted

They never answer the phone. The bin man said it says on the bags, so I did what it says and they still leave them "

So there is no such thing as 3 different type of bins for you then?

"Put it all In one big bag, drive to nearest lay-by and just Chuck it out there. Easy. "

Sounds good to me. I don't fancy doing that all the time though.

derby

"Put it all In one big bag, drive to nearest lay-by and just Chuck it out there. Easy. "
You are jokeing aren,t you because thats fly tipping and criminal behaviour.

"You could ask a neighbor how it works. Or is that too obvious of an answer?"

I did I just can't get it right for the bin men. I've done what my neighbour said and what it says in the bags but still no good. Honestly I'm sorry for moving here.

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

We have 3 bins and 2 boxes.

1 bin is for non recycling stuff.

2 bin is garden waste

3 bin is waste food.

Box 1 paper

Box 2 cardboard and glass

And I almost forgot the bag which is plastic and tins.

Struggled to start with but it's second nature now to sort it as your putting it out.

Sorted

They never answer the phone. The bin man said it says on the bags, so I did what it says and they still leave them So there is no such thing as 3 different type of bins for you then? "

No. I need to buy a bin for food waste though. Apart from small food waste bins I've never seen any other bins in my street. They all just put bags out.

"You could ask a neighbor how it works. Or is that too obvious of an answer?

I did I just can't get it right for the bin men. I've done what my neighbour said and what it says in the bags but still no good. Honestly I'm sorry for moving here. "

Youre sorry for moving there?

Because you have to sort your rubbish?

Thats a joke, right?

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

We have four different coloured bins - Green for general waste, Blue for cans & bottles, Brown for garden waste & Purple for paper & card.

We often see bins un emptied with labels on them saying contaminated (usually from a certain type of household too)

#firstworldproblems

I did I just can't get it right for the bin men. I've done what my neighbour said and what it says in the bags but still no good. Honestly I'm sorry for moving here.

Thats a joke, right?"

No not at all I've got enough to do as it is and now I have to sort my rubbish out into pretty colour bags ffs

"We have four different coloured bins - Green for general waste, Blue for cans & bottles, Brown for garden waste & Purple for paper & card.

We often see bins un emptied with labels on them saying contaminated (usually from a certain type of household too)"

They put a label on my neighbours bag because he didn't tie it properly

Thats a joke, right?

No not at all I've got enough to do as it is and now I have to sort my rubbish out into pretty colour bags ffs "

Clues in the words? YOUR rubbish? I'm sure its a pain but I'm sure with some digging online etc you can get it right.

If others get it removed, someone can obviously do it!

On a mooch

I did I just can't get it right for the bin men. I've done what my neighbour said and what it says in the bags but still no good. Honestly I'm sorry for moving here. "

Question - re the recycling do you rinse the food containers , some require it

Council are having a joke

Question - re the recycling do you rinse the food containers , some require it "

No I lick them

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

Areas still exist where it's not compulsory to recycle?

Three bins here black - non recyclable, brown - glass & cans, blue paper

"Areas still exist where it's not compulsory to recycle? "

Yes life was easy where I came from

On a mooch

"Areas still exist where it's not compulsory to recycle? "

In London yes.... everything except food waste / batteries goes in one bag in some areas and the Council sorts it

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Recycling has been part of my life since I was old enough to be able to take the bin out by myself.

Liverpool

"Areas still exist where it's not compulsory to recycle?

Yes life was easy where I came from "

Gosh we've been sorting our rubbish since I was about 10 years old .

You pay your rates and sort out your own rubbish now as it's too much for the council to sort it out.

Most of it isn't recycled. They'd like to make you think it is but only 20-30% of it is the rest is still just disposed of somewhere not obvious. Containers shipped off to a developing world full of western waste to make out we're recycling. Yep, recycled somewhere else.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Gosh we've been sorting our rubbish since I was about 10 years old . "

"Put the glass in that bag, Swing, and Mummy will take it out because you're too little"

Gosh we've been sorting our rubbish since I was about 10 years old . "

Nah first time for me. A big black bin for everything job done.

I miss my bin

Liverpool

I miss my bin "

How do you fit it all in the wheelie bin though? We used to struggle even with the recycling taken out.

I miss my bin

How do you fit it all in the wheelie bin though? We used to struggle even with the recycling taken out. "

I had three but I rarely used the three of them. That's what I don't get here though, people put their bags out once a week and it looks as if they have been living on fresh air lol hardly anything for a weeks worth of eating.

Liverpool

I miss my bin

How do you fit it all in the wheelie bin though? We used to struggle even with the recycling taken out.

I had three but I rarely used the three of them. That's what I don't get here though, people put their bags out once a week and it looks as if they have been living on fresh air lol hardly anything for a weeks worth of eating. "

Three wheelie bins! Blimey!

Dont buy so much stuff that creates the rubbish

The one that gets me is a pink bin for garden waste, and a green bin for general waste. Surely grass and leaves being predominantly green it would make a bit more sense to people for them to go in the green bin? I currently have three active bins, and three old ones sitting there doing nothing because they were changed for different colours and sizes, which is ironic considering they’re now wasted plastic. Councils confuse me.

Black bin, green bin, blue bin, black box and green box and blue bag here

By *arksxMan  over a year ago

Leicester / London

"You pay your rates and sort out your own rubbish now as it's too much for the council to sort it out.

Most of it isn't recycled. They'd like to make you think it is but only 20-30% of it is the rest is still just disposed of somewhere not obvious. Containers shipped off to a developing world full of western waste to make out we're recycling. Yep, recycled somewhere else. "

Wait till you see the literally (shit ton) of waste that has been building up during covid.

Once port shipping resumes... Probably turkey or some other poor buggers on the dalmatian coasts are going to have container ships of crap dumped on them as (green waste)

As most of this is plastics those countries will probably just burn it at the ports.

derby

"The one that gets me is a pink bin for garden waste, and a green bin for general waste. Surely grass and leaves being predominantly green it would make a bit more sense to people for them to go in the green bin? I currently have three active bins, and three old ones sitting there doing nothing because they were changed for different colours and sizes, which is ironic considering they’re now wasted plastic. Councils confuse me."
Depends If you have a garden or not the disused bins come handy as water butts for watering from I use a blue one for that 90 litres I think it holds..

"Black bin, green bin, blue bin, black box and green box and blue bag here "

Its all those jaffa cakes you eat

"This is a rubbish thread."

Trust You

"The one that gets me is a pink bin for garden waste, and a green bin for general waste. Surely grass and leaves being predominantly green it would make a bit more sense to people for them to go in the green bin? I currently have three active bins, and three old ones sitting there doing nothing because they were changed for different colours and sizes, which is ironic considering they’re now wasted plastic. Councils confuse me."

I have a pink rucksack type of bag which I was told was for plastic bottles but they refused to take it. So I thought I'd put garden waste in it because I noticed that the locals had garden waste in similar bags but no the bin men left it again!

A skip is the answer

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

Google.

Put the name of your council in and refuse collection

It will tell you CLEARLY what to do.

This has to be a wind up thread? 2020? I can't remember how long ago is been since I heard people moan about sorting recycling! I googled it... nearly 20 years!

Anyway, at the risk of sending the OP into meltdown... you are washing the recycling before putting it out?

"This has to be a wind up thread? 2020? I can't remember how long ago is been since I heard people moan about sorting recycling! I googled it... nearly 20 years!

Anyway, at the risk of sending the OP into meltdown... you are washing the recycling before putting it out? "

Go away

» Add a new message to this topic