FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Consumerist frippery - skin, hair, makeup thread

Consumerist frippery - skin, hair, makeup thread

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *naswingdress OP   Woman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Sorry not sorry, etc

Hair, makeup, skincare etc.

Not done any of these for awhile. Yup cum is apparently skincare. The fluid in the lungs with Covid based pneumonia is the same as in hyaluronic acid. People like girls without makeup. We know, and we don't care

What do you like, not like, what's caught your eye?

Recommendations for Christmas (holiday, coinciding birthdays) gifts from the value sets?

Questions?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Manchester (she/her)

Makeup for beard (dark brown to black): layer bronzer, brown eyeshadow, and mascara on top of each other. (If more dedicated than me, look at drag king contouring)

You're welcome

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I desperately need something that stops hair from tangling and dreading. I’m a lazy bugger who doesn’t like brushing my hair so if anyone knows of anything? Oh and I hate tangle teasers

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Ahhh I love these threads!

I've really gotten into Tropic skincare and love the Inkey List retinol and hyaluronic.

So many items coming out this time of year but there is a local brand Oh My Glam that have amazing deals on palettes and lip gloss ranges

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

deciding whether or not to buy the mac advent calendar. Ive never had a makeup one so im dithering. This year is the first year where im not looking for something specific because i dont know what i want so all suggestions greatly appreciated

Manchester (she/her)

"I desperately need something that stops hair from tangling and dreading. I’m a lazy bugger who doesn’t like brushing my hair so if anyone knows of anything? Oh and I hate tangle teasers "

I don't know the answer but suspect it'll lie in treatment as well as brushing etc. I'd ask questions about conditioning (including protein versus moisture balance) and look at how you're tying it up and what you're using with it when you sleep.

Reddit: subreddits curlyhair and curlyhairuk are goldmines of information

"I desperately need something that stops hair from tangling and dreading. I’m a lazy bugger who doesn’t like brushing my hair so if anyone knows of anything? Oh and I hate tangle teasers

I don't know the answer but suspect it'll lie in treatment as well as brushing etc. I'd ask questions about conditioning (including protein versus moisture balance) and look at how you're tying it up and what you're using with it when you sleep.

Reddit: subreddits curlyhair and curlyhairuk are goldmines of information"

Manchester (she/her)

"deciding whether or not to buy the mac advent calendar. Ive never had a makeup one so im dithering. This year is the first year where im not looking for something specific because i dont know what i want so all suggestions greatly appreciated"

You can see what's in there, is it worth the price?

My first stop is always Temptalia, although she's reviewing less standard stuff this year to make way for other brands. She's had a compilation of holiday season reviews for ages, although they're still going.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Where would you like me?

"I desperately need something that stops hair from tangling and dreading. I’m a lazy bugger who doesn’t like brushing my hair so if anyone knows of anything? Oh and I hate tangle teasers "

You'll have to brush your hair at some point buuuut that aside, Mane n tail have a detangling spray that's brilliant. Or you can use a child's one like Philip Kingsley's Detangling Spray but it won't make knots fall out sadly. Denman has a fantastic Tangle Tamer that's not as harsh plastic bristles as a tangle teezer but in conjunction with the above it should help. Putting a hair masque in once a week will go some way to helping as well. x

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

You said no when I said we needed another make up thread you tinker

I miss wearing makeup so much since I'm working from home, but I can't be bothered to get up early to do my makeup when I won't see anyone all day.

On a different note. I'm looking for a good face moisturizer. I have a dry and flaky T-zone(especially my nose) but get a lot of spots around my mouth and chin.

Thanks

Waterford

"deciding whether or not to buy the mac advent calendar. Ive never had a makeup one so im dithering. This year is the first year where im not looking for something specific because i dont know what i want so all suggestions greatly appreciated

You can see what's in there, is it worth the price?

My first stop is always Temptalia, although she's reviewing less standard stuff this year to make way for other brands. She's had a compilation of holiday season reviews for ages, although they're still going."

looks ok. lots of mini lipsticks and eyeshadows which ill never say no to but at the same time a couple of shades ill never wear so hence the dithering. I see plouise have a lovely set going at the minute so maybe ill just get that and some new pigments.

Manchester (she/her)

I got my hair cut two weeks ago. Happened to get a black hairdresser. And I know damn well I'm on the very low end of textured hair but... omg she *understood my hair* FFS. I could have cried. She listened to me rather than just pulling the straighteners out or talking about heat treatment in response to me mentioning the curly girl method.

Wavy girl problems are not real problems but... I felt validated.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

Where would you like me?

Oh and silk pillowcases really do help!

Manchester (she/her)

"You said no when I said we needed another make up thread you tinker "

I changed my mind

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

"I miss wearing makeup so much since I'm working from home, but I can't be bothered to get up early to do my makeup when I won't see anyone all day.

On a different note. I'm looking for a good face moisturizer. I have a dry and flaky T-zone(especially my nose) but get a lot of spots around my mouth and chin.

Thanks "

Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré

I find it to be really kind to irritated skin, also works great as a primer

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The skin on my arms is starting to look a bit crepey . I moisturise with a product containing hyaluronic acid but is there anything else I can do to delay the inevitable?

Manchester (she/her)

"I miss wearing makeup so much since I'm working from home, but I can't be bothered to get up early to do my makeup when I won't see anyone all day.

Thanks "

Salicylic acid under moisturiser for spots, gentle chemical exfoliation for spots and dry skin plus a moisturiser).

My skin is only just beginning to err dry, and not like that, so I might not be the best to ask... I like the Superdrug Vitamin E range (fragranced, hasn't caused me issues YMMV) and The Ordinary's moisturiser as my richer options.

Manchester (she/her)

"Oh and silk pillowcases really do help! "

Yes! I got one which is half silk half cotton so it's not as expensive

By *onkyLemonsCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Silk pillow slips and loose tie your hair on top of your head like a pineapple. It works.

Mrs

"I desperately need something that stops hair from tangling and dreading. I’m a lazy bugger who doesn’t like brushing my hair so if anyone knows of anything? Oh and I hate tangle teasers

You'll have to brush your hair at some point buuuut that aside, Mane n tail have a detangling spray that's brilliant. Or you can use a child's one like Philip Kingsley's Detangling Spray but it won't make knots fall out sadly. Denman has a fantastic Tangle Tamer that's not as harsh plastic bristles as a tangle teezer but in conjunction with the above it should help. Putting a hair masque in once a week will go some way to helping as well. x"

Oh you’re brilliant

Waterford

ive just seen beauty bay are now stocking a mini fridge for skincare. first pressie sorted

Kidsgrove

"You said no when I said we needed another make up thread you tinker

I changed my mind "

A woman has the right to change her mind .....often

Love these threads

Manchester (she/her)

Silk pillow slips and loose tie your hair on top of your head like a pineapple. It works.

Mrs"

I have some silk scrunchies which seem to be good. My hair isn't quite long enough to successfully pineapple yet

I made an impulse purchase last week of some shimmer and glitter eyeshadows.. Ironically they are called Midnight Shimmer, i had a little chortle in TK Maxx lol

I don't even wear eyeshadow

Manchester (she/her)

"I made an impulse purchase last week of some shimmer and glitter eyeshadows.. Ironically they are called Midnight Shimmer, i had a little chortle in TK Maxx lol

I don't even wear eyeshadow "

Come to the dark side

You'll need eye primer or, if there's a lot of fallout (eyeshadow falling down your face) a glitter glue. The Nyx glue works well for me.

"I made an impulse purchase last week of some shimmer and glitter eyeshadows.. Ironically they are called Midnight Shimmer, i had a little chortle in TK Maxx lol

Come to the dark side

You'll need eye primer or, if there's a lot of fallout (eyeshadow falling down your face) a glitter glue. The Nyx glue works well for me."

Ih crikey... I've not been courageous enough to open it up yet!

Manchester (she/her)

Come to the dark side

You'll need eye primer or, if there's a lot of fallout (eyeshadow falling down your face) a glitter glue. The Nyx glue works well for me.

Ih crikey... I've not been courageous enough to open it up yet! "

Eyeshadow is my jam

Waterford

Come to the dark side

Ih crikey... I've not been courageous enough to open it up yet!

Eyeshadow is my jam "

yes indeedy

Manchester (she/her)

General thoughts:

Skincare probably a better investment this year given masks. Salicylic acid for maskne. Last year The Ordinary did a sale for the whole of November in lieu of Black Friday.

Mac have a "treats" page of stuff they haven't been able to sell, good prices updated regularly. Their holiday collection looks good

The Urban Decay collection looks like a hot mess, avoid.

Benefit mascara pack and their brow product stuff are really good value if you like their products

The Pat McGrath giant palette is excellent value for Pat McGrath, and includes the shades in the Star Wars run.

The Clinique cheek pop palettes are good, although in the warm palette apparently Cola Pop runs more pigmented than usual so pale girls beware

Natasha Denona sets well spoken of

Colourpop looks interesting but their quality has been less consistent lately

Manchester (she/her)

Oh and a special mention. If it's still available on the Mac treats page: probably my favourite from last year was the Mac face palette. I got the light version obviously, and it's a staple in my collection now. The medium/deep version has been discounted on the Mac website. It got similar ratings.

Manchester (she/her)

"The skin on my arms is starting to look a bit crepey . I moisturise with a product containing hyaluronic acid but is there anything else I can do to delay the inevitable? "

It's not something I know anything about, I'm sorry I'm not there yet and my mum doesn't give a toss

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"The skin on my arms is starting to look a bit crepey . I moisturise with a product containing hyaluronic acid but is there anything else I can do to delay the inevitable?

It's not something I know anything about, I'm sorry I'm not there yet and my mum doesn't give a toss "

I'm trying not to give a toss. Maybe that's the way forward .

Manchester (she/her)

"The skin on my arms is starting to look a bit crepey . I moisturise with a product containing hyaluronic acid but is there anything else I can do to delay the inevitable?

It's not something I know anything about, I'm sorry I'm not there yet and my mum doesn't give a toss

I'm trying not to give a toss. Maybe that's the way forward . "

Stuff my mum likes:

Paula's Choice 2% BHA exfoliant

The Ordinary Buffet

There's a Boots No 7 range of skincare but I forget, she thinks it's fantastic

The Boots No 7 foundation drops

The lipsticks I bought her and she scoffed at me saying she doesn't do makeup She says they can transform her day. (She is - pre Covid - a giant pain in the arse at makeup counters though. Worth it)

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Stuff my mum likes:

The Ordinary Buffet

The lipsticks I bought her and she scoffed at me saying she doesn't do makeup She says they can transform her day. (She is - pre Covid - a giant pain in the arse at makeup counters though. Worth it)"

Thank you. BTW I am getting better at winged eyeliner and doing the upper arm weights you recommended . The young woman assistant in Next thought I was a crazy old woman though when I quizzed her about how she did her eye make up

Manchester (she/her)

Stuff my mum likes:

The Ordinary Buffet

The lipsticks I bought her and she scoffed at me saying she doesn't do makeup She says they can transform her day. (She is - pre Covid - a giant pain in the arse at makeup counters though. Worth it)

Thank you. BTW I am getting better at winged eyeliner and doing the upper arm weights you recommended . The young woman assistant in Next thought I was a crazy old woman though when I quizzed her about how she did her eye make up "

Oh that's awesome

I notice Wayne Goss regularly does tutorials on more mature makeup on his YouTube channel

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Stuff my mum likes:

The Ordinary Buffet

Thank you. BTW I am getting better at winged eyeliner and doing the upper arm weights you recommended . The young woman assistant in Next thought I was a crazy old woman though when I quizzed her about how she did her eye make up

Oh that's awesome

I notice Wayne Goss regularly does tutorials on more mature makeup on his YouTube channel"

I will have a look later. It's not as if I don't have time to practice

Manchester (she/her)

I'm very bad at winged liner myself

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm very bad at winged liner myself "

It's very difficult. The woman in Next told me it took her months of practice. Hers were perfect though.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm very bad at winged liner myself

It's very difficult. The woman in Next told me it took her months of practice. Hers were perfect though. "

Definitely. I mostly don't bother tbh

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

I'd love to do winged eyeliner, but my eyes are do tiny! Also, I look horrendous with black eyeliner - just look like pee holes in the snow! They still look small with turquoise or green liner!

I don't use eyeshadow any more (too old/droopy lids!) So any advice please??? X

Manchester (she/her)

Look for YouTube tutorials for eyeshadow or liner for hooded lids. I think I've heard that cream eyeshadow helps. Wayne Goss a good resource.

I often avoid black eyeliner because I've got pale eyes, and prefer brown, navy, grey, or purple. Don't line the whole eye, it'll make them look smaller.

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

"Look for YouTube tutorials for eyeshadow or liner for hooded lids. I think I've heard that cream eyeshadow helps. Wayne Goss a good resource.

I often avoid black eyeliner because I've got pale eyes, and prefer brown, navy, grey, or purple. Don't line the whole eye, it'll make them look smaller."

Yeah, I only ever line the top half.

Thanks, I'll give him a whirl. X

Manchester (she/her)

"Look for YouTube tutorials for eyeshadow or liner for hooded lids. I think I've heard that cream eyeshadow helps. Wayne Goss a good resource.

I often avoid black eyeliner because I've got pale eyes, and prefer brown, navy, grey, or purple. Don't line the whole eye, it'll make them look smaller.

Thanks, I'll give him a whirl. X"

I tend to use lighter colours on my bottom half, for the most part.

White or off white liner in the lower waterline can help too

Manchester (she/her)

If you go for cream shadow, Maybelline Color Tattoo is a good option

Waterford

Thanks, I'll give him a whirl. X

I tend to use lighter colours on my bottom half, for the most part.

White or off white liner in the lower waterline can help too"

A nude colour is great on the waterline too. I have one from essence and i have to say its fab and it was like 1.50. If i go too dark i look like ive been crying or punched in the face lol

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

I'm looking a to new moisturiser. My skin tends to be to the dry side rather than oily even though I have larger pores visible on my nose and cheek area. Any suggestions would be gratefully received

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm looking a to new moisturiser. My skin tends to be to the dry side rather than oily even though I have larger pores visible on my nose and cheek area. Any suggestions would be gratefully received "

The Ordinary or Superdrug Vitamin E are ones I use and are better when I'm drier. Layering hyaluronic acid underneath helps too

"ive just seen beauty bay are now stocking a mini fridge for skincare. first pressie sorted"

Since when does skincare need to be stored in a fridge? as long as the products are used before the use by date it should be fine.

"I'm looking a to new moisturiser. My skin tends to be to the dry side rather than oily even though I have larger pores visible on my nose and cheek area. Any suggestions would be gratefully received

The Ordinary or Superdrug Vitamin E are ones I use and are better when I'm drier. Layering hyaluronic acid underneath helps too"

I swear by The Ordinary fantastic products peptide serums, retinoids, face oils for such excellent value top products.

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Thanks

Salicylic acid under moisturiser for spots, gentle chemical exfoliation for spots and dry skin plus a moisturiser).

My skin is only just beginning to err dry, and not like that, so I might not be the best to ask... I like the Superdrug Vitamin E range (fragranced, hasn't caused me issues YMMV) and The Ordinary's moisturiser as my richer options."

Is there a particular salicylic acid and chemical moisturiser as I’ve looked online and there’s so many different types it’s confusing.Also a month back I bought a hair remover cream and used it on my face and it burnt my face to the point where I looked like I had been dragged around face down on a carpet. It’s left me with a slight discolouration is there any tinted moisturiser you could suggest plz ..

I'm trying not to give a toss. Maybe that's the way forward . "

I’d recommend Oils such as Avacado seed oil, almond oil, you can pick up great oils from Holland and Barrett

Manchester (she/her)

Thanks

My skin is only just beginning to err dry, and not like that, so I might not be the best to ask... I like the Superdrug Vitamin E range (fragranced, hasn't caused me issues YMMV) and The Ordinary's moisturiser as my richer options.Is there a particular salicylic acid and chemical moisturiser as I’ve looked online and there’s so many different types it’s confusing.Also a month back I bought a hair remover cream and used it on my face and it burnt my face to the point where I looked like I had been dragged around face down on a carpet. It’s left me with a slight discolouration is there any tinted moisturiser you could suggest plz .."

Chemical exfoliant, I've used The Ordinary's mandelic acid. It's the gentlest option and you may need to step up, but I've got very sensitive skin and didn't want to burn myself.

Salicylic acid, if you can tolerate fragrance Revolution do one (I used to use The Ordinary but they changed it), half a dropper all over your face under moisturiser.

Tinted moisturiser, either mix moisturiser with your foundation, or something like the Boots No 7 foundation drops (other brands do it, that's the one I've tried as it's my foundation of choice anyway). Most tinted moisturiser comes in very limited shade ranges

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

Thanks

My skin is only just beginning to err dry, and not like that, so I might not be the best to ask... I like the Superdrug Vitamin E range (fragranced, hasn't caused me issues YMMV) and The Ordinary's moisturiser as my richer options.Is there a particular salicylic acid and chemical moisturiser as I’ve looked online and there’s so many different types it’s confusing.Also a month back I bought a hair remover cream and used it on my face and it burnt my face to the point where I looked like I had been dragged around face down on a carpet. It’s left me with a slight discolouration is there any tinted moisturiser you could suggest plz ..

Chemical exfoliant, I've used The Ordinary's mandelic acid. It's the gentlest option and you may need to step up, but I've got very sensitive skin and didn't want to burn myself.

Salicylic acid, if you can tolerate fragrance Revolution do one (I used to use The Ordinary but they changed it), half a dropper all over your face under moisturiser.

Tinted moisturiser, either mix moisturiser with your foundation, or something like the Boots No 7 foundation drops (other brands do it, that's the one I've tried as it's my foundation of choice anyway). Most tinted moisturiser comes in very limited shade ranges"

Thanks ,I have extremely sensitive skin also so my own fault for buying a hair remover with no reviews won’t be doing that again .

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I’d recommend Oils such as Avacado seed oil, almond oil, you can pick up great oils from Holland and Barrett"

I have coconut oil, I wonder if that would see results . Thanks for the suggestion

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'd love to do winged eyeliner, but my eyes are do tiny! Also, I look horrendous with black eyeliner - just look like pee holes in the snow! They still look small with turquoise or green liner!

I don't use eyeshadow any more (too old/droopy lids!) So any advice please??? X"

Have you tried a very thin line, almost on your lashes with the wing on your actual eyelid?

Manchester (she/her)

Thanks

My skin is only just beginning to err dry, and not like that, so I might not be the best to ask... I like the Superdrug Vitamin E range (fragranced, hasn't caused me issues YMMV) and The Ordinary's moisturiser as my richer options.Is there a particular salicylic acid and chemical moisturiser as I’ve looked online and there’s so many different types it’s confusing.Also a month back I bought a hair remover cream and used it on my face and it burnt my face to the point where I looked like I had been dragged around face down on a carpet. It’s left me with a slight discolouration is there any tinted moisturiser you could suggest plz ..

Tinted moisturiser, either mix moisturiser with your foundation, or something like the Boots No 7 foundation drops (other brands do it, that's the one I've tried as it's my foundation of choice anyway). Most tinted moisturiser comes in very limited shade rangesThanks ,I have extremely sensitive skin also so my own fault for buying a hair remover with no reviews won’t be doing that again ."

Ouchie

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I discovered Olaplex today! My hair feels fantastic! I’m soooo impressed

Manchester (she/her)

"I discovered Olaplex today! My hair feels fantastic! I’m soooo impressed "

A lot of hairdressers use it around here.

Olaplex is UNREAL! They've got a great little Christmas set out containing #3-6. It's worth over £86 but currently £48 for the four full size items (cheaper than I get it at trade). A little really goes a long way. By far the best product for damaged hair x

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

I started using this a couple of months back, really makes a difference

I've bought the Lacura Healthy Glow Rose Toner from Aldi a few weeks back (apparently a dupe for Pixi Glow) and the rose oil too. I'm super impressed with it for the price! And my skin is certainly more glowing since using it

I have an afro that naturally dreads but I've never brushed or combed it! I either just break the brush/comb or it gets stuck but most importantly my lush curls just become a bouffant puff ball! The secret for mine is in the conditioning then finger comb and rinse then wax wrap in a towel and ta da natural ringlet curls!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I've bought the Lacura Healthy Glow Rose Toner from Aldi a few weeks back (apparently a dupe for Pixi Glow) and the rose oil too. I'm super impressed with it for the price! And my skin is certainly more glowing since using it "

Interesting, I wonder if they still have it...

I had a major maskne from wearing masks all day at work. I added pixi glow tonic to my regime and it all went. Also added the ordinary buffet to my evening skin care.

Make up wise I’ve always gone for high end brands but I’ve replaced most with revolution- really impressed with most of the products although maybelline mascara seems to win for me.

Manchester (she/her)

"I've bought the Lacura Healthy Glow Rose Toner from Aldi a few weeks back (apparently a dupe for Pixi Glow) and the rose oil too. I'm super impressed with it for the price! And my skin is certainly more glowing since using it

Interesting, I wonder if they still have it..."

I've heard good things

"I've bought the Lacura Healthy Glow Rose Toner from Aldi a few weeks back (apparently a dupe for Pixi Glow) and the rose oil too. I'm super impressed with it for the price! And my skin is certainly more glowing since using it

They were a bargain at £3.99 each. I only use the oil at night as I find it too oily to wear under foundation. They've both got some amazing reviews. Definitely worth a try

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I've heard good things"

Hmm I might give it a try then.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

They were a bargain at £3.99 each. I only use the oil at night as I find it too oily to wear under foundation. They've both got some amazing reviews. Definitely worth a try "

I've got very oily skin which is a blessing and a curse on equal !measure. If I use oil on my face I have to limit it to night time or if I'm doing a home facial I'll use it afterwards.

I'll see if they've got it on line I was in Aldi today and didn't see it

I often avoid black eyeliner because I've got pale eyes, and prefer brown, navy, grey, or purple. Don't line the whole eye, it'll make them look smaller."

Oh I’m going to look him up. One of the downsides of getting older is the hooded eyes x

They were a bargain at £3.99 each. I only use the oil at night as I find it too oily to wear under foundation. They've both got some amazing reviews. Definitely worth a try

I've got very oily skin which is a blessing and a curse on equal !measure. If I use oil on my face I have to limit it to night time or if I'm doing a home facial I'll use it afterwards.

I'll see if they've got it on line I was in Aldi today and didn't see it "

I'm the same. I've had two courses of Roaccutane (never again!) yet my skin is ridiculously oily still. This rose oil doesn't feel heavy or greasy but certainly takes it's time to soak in.

Keep checking in Aldi, as it's out of stock online. My daughter has the Pixi Glow one and keeps robbing mine now that hers is getting low. I'll definitely be stocking up if I see it in store again

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"I've bought the Lacura Healthy Glow Rose Toner from Aldi a few weeks back (apparently a dupe for Pixi Glow) and the rose oil too. I'm super impressed with it for the price! And my skin is certainly more glowing since using it "

I use lacura night cream - it’s fab

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

They do

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"I discovered Olaplex today! My hair feels fantastic! I’m soooo impressed

Olaplex is UNREAL! They've got a great little Christmas set out containing #3-6. It's worth over £86 but currently £48 for the four full size items (cheaper than I get it at trade). A little really goes a long way. By far the best product for damaged hair x"

Absolutely it is

Manchester (she/her)

I've been oil cleansing when I remember (lol). Just rubbing oil around my face (then wash afterwards). Claims to help loosen and dissolve sebaceous filaments.

I think it makes a difference. But I need to be more consistent.

Manchester (she/her)

I know one person here will care: Natasha Denona have a new medium sized eyeshadow palette for the holiday season. Not seen a review, just the promo shots

Manchester (she/her)

"I know one person here will care: Natasha Denona have a new medium sized eyeshadow palette for the holiday season. Not seen a review, just the promo shots"

Err misread, full size

By *evil-AngelWoman  over a year ago

Nearby

Not makeup related but I realised I hadn't seen one of these in a while so thank you for bringing it back.

I don't wear makeup but I enjoy reading all the posts just in case I decide to become glam one day

Kidsgrove

"Not makeup related but I realised I hadn't seen one of these in a while so thank you for bringing it back.

I don't wear makeup but I enjoy reading all the posts just in case I decide to become glam one day "

There is loads of advice on skin and hair too

Manchester (she/her)

"Not makeup related but I realised I hadn't seen one of these in a while so thank you for bringing it back.

I don't wear makeup but I enjoy reading all the posts just in case I decide to become glam one day "

You do you

I got into it about three years ago. It's been a learning curve. If you want to, ask, if you don't, rock on

By *adHatter_RestrainedAliceCouple  over a year ago

In The Hills

[Removed by poster at 01/11/20 21:29:47]

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

Olaplex is UNREAL! They've got a great little Christmas set out containing #3-6. It's worth over £86 but currently £48 for the four full size items (cheaper than I get it at trade). A little really goes a long way. By far the best product for damaged hair x

Absolutely it is "

I love Olaplex too! Juat bought no3 the other day and usually get the 1-2 treatment done at my salon but might buy for myself as extra

Manchester (she/her)

Ooh don't tempt me I have enough hair stuff

In The Hills

I use the no6 Olaplex definitely worth the money.

On another note, since reading one of these threads back at the beginning of lockdown I decided to try The Ordinary have tried a few different products but my new love is The Ordinary

Vitamin C Suspension 30% on the last of my first purchase and been struggling to find anywhere in stock but just managed to buy 5 on DECIEM at a bargain price as well x

Manchester (she/her)

"I use the no6 Olaplex definitely worth the money.

On another note, since reading one of these threads back at the beginning of lockdown I decided to try The Ordinary have tried a few different products but my new love is The Ordinary

Vitamin C Suspension 30% on the last of my first purchase and been struggling to find anywhere in stock but just managed to buy 5 on DECIEM at a bargain price as well x"

I've wondered about adding vitamin C to my regimen

In The Hills

Vitamin C Suspension 30% on the last of my first purchase and been struggling to find anywhere in stock but just managed to buy 5 on DECIEM at a bargain price as well x

I've wondered about adding vitamin C to my regimen"

I would say it is worth a go to see if it works for you, I was a bit hesitant reading reviews and feedback but was pleasantly surprised even with my allergy prone sensitive skin. And even after using for a short time have noticed the difference

In The Hills

I've wondered about adding vitamin C to my regimen

I would say it is worth a go to see if it works for you, I was a bit hesitant reading reviews and feedback but was pleasantly surprised even with my allergy prone sensitive skin. And even after using for a short time have noticed the difference "

I've noticed she nows glows in the dark ^^

Madhatter

I've been looking at ways to boost my hair growth. It seems to get stuck at this point.

I've seen a couple of people talk about coconut oil mixed with Peppermint oil as a nightly conditioning treatment. Has anyone tried this? Or anything that works?

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Absolutely it is

I love Olaplex too! Juat bought no3 the other day and usually get the 1-2 treatment done at my salon but might buy for myself as extra "

Expensive but so worth it

Manchester (she/her)

"I've been looking at ways to boost my hair growth. It seems to get stuck at this point.

I've seen a couple of people talk about coconut oil mixed with Peppermint oil as a nightly conditioning treatment. Has anyone tried this? Or anything that works? "

I can't say for sure because my hair grows like gangbusters. But I've been using the L'Oréal dream lengths products for awhile (and avoiding regular towel drying or any heat treatment). My hair has never felt so soft and smooth, and I love the smell.

I know hair skin nails vitamins are also a thing.

Manchester (she/her)

The Ordinary has their anti Black Friday discount for the month. 23% off.

Expect shortages

Waterford

"The Ordinary has their anti Black Friday discount for the month. 23% off.

Expect shortages "

youre kidding i must go look

Manchester (she/her)

Expect shortages

youre kidding i must go look"

They started it last year I think.

I'm sitting here wearing banging party night eyeshadow because.. I can and I've got nowhere else to wear it. Got sent the Pat McGrath Christmas palette for my birthday

Waterford

Expect shortages

I'm sitting here wearing banging party night eyeshadow because.. I can and I've got nowhere else to wear it. Got sent the Pat McGrath Christmas palette for my birthday"

jealous AF. I was on the website last night and they all look so good. I dont which one id want to even start with. They ship to Ireland so that a good start anyway

Manchester (she/her)

Expect shortages

I'm sitting here wearing banging party night eyeshadow because.. I can and I've got nowhere else to wear it. Got sent the Pat McGrath Christmas palette for my birthday

jealous AF. I was on the website last night and they all look so good. I dont which one id want to even start with. They ship to Ireland so that a good start anyway "

If they've still got the six pan minis on the specials site... they're awesome. I got one of the limited edition Mtherships for half price awhile ago but that kind of deal just does not happen often.

» Add a new message to this topic