FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fab Mentor

Fab Mentor

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I’ve been on here a bit now, I’m genuine, looking to chat at the min (meets later) but I must be doing something wrong as my send to reply ratio isn’t great!

Can someone help or tell me where I am going wrong? I didn’t think I was an ugly c**t but maybe I am haha!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They'll be along in a moment to tell you where you are going wrong.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Watch my videos.

Start from the second to bottom and work your way up.

And remember there's goddam word annihilation happening right now.

shits creek

Also...

I think lots of people are looking to chat on more of an open platform like the forum threads than 1-1 messages.

Forum chit-chat has zero pressure or expectation placed on you.

For me personally I'm all over the place emotion wise with everything that's going on and I really don't want to add extra pressure to myself by getting into convos that I really don't have the emotional capacity to keep up with regularly.

That also comes at a cost to the other person at times and can leave them wondering "what did I say wrong?" when they've not received a reply but can see you're online .... but the truthful answer is nothing. They've done nothing wrong, they've said nothing wrong, the other person (or me in this case) is simply too mentally/emotionally drained to give the attention span

Nobody notices if you don't reply on a thread for whatever the reason (fallen asleep, gone to work, having a wank, crying into your crunchy nut cornflakes, brain turned ro mush) yet people DO notice if you don't respond to a personal message, even if it's for the same and very valid reason.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

You probably aren't going wrong as such because there isn't a right way of doing this stuff. You can improve your chances though by making sure you have clear pictures and a well written profile.

I always wonder what "like minded" means. How do we know what your mind is like?

"Also...

I think lots of people are looking to chat on more of an open platform like the forum threads than 1-1 messages.

For me personally I'm all over the place emotion wise with everything that's going on and I really don't want to add extra pressure to myself by getting into convos that I really don't have the emotional capacity to keep up with regularly.

That also comes at a cost to the other person at times and can leave them wondering "what did I say wrong?" when they've not received a reply but can see you're online .... but the truthful answer is nothing. They've done nothing wrong, they've said nothing wrong, the other person (or me in this case) is simply too mentally/emotionally drained to give the attention span

Nobody notices if you don't reply on a thread for whatever the reason (fallen asleep, gone to work, having a wank, crying into your crunchy nut cornflakes, brain turned ro mush) yet people DO notice if you don't respond to a personal message, even if it's for the same and very valid reason."

I get you, cheers

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Also...

Nobody notices if you don't reply on a thread for whatever the reason (fallen asleep, gone to work, having a wank, crying into your crunchy nut cornflakes, brain turned ro mush) yet people DO notice if you don't respond to a personal message, even if it's for the same and very valid reason."

That's a very good point. We have a couple of messages we really need to respond to but I simply don't have it in me to respond with more than "meurfgshd" and they deserve more than that.

"So I’ve been on here a bit now, I’m genuine, looking to chat at the min (meets later) but I must be doing something wrong as my send to reply ratio isn’t great!

Can someone help or tell me where I am going wrong? I didn’t think I was an ugly c**t but maybe I am haha!"

The only thing wrong you are doing is being a single guy amongst millions of other single guys. Become a single women and you will have way more success.

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"Also...

Nobody notices if you don't reply on a thread for whatever the reason (fallen asleep, gone to work, having a wank, crying into your crunchy nut cornflakes, brain turned ro mush) yet people DO notice if you don't respond to a personal message, even if it's for the same and very valid reason.

That's a very good point. We have a couple of messages we really need to respond to but I simply don't have it in me to respond with more than "meurfgshd" and they deserve more than that. "

Meurfgshd ? I thought I had heard it all on here

OP what does your status mean?

You haven't had a veri given yet as you don't have a green tick.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Also...

That's a very good point. We have a couple of messages we really need to respond to but I simply don't have it in me to respond with more than "meurfgshd" and they deserve more than that.

Meurfgshd ? I thought I had heard it all on here "

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"So I’ve been on here a bit now, I’m genuine, looking to chat at the min (meets later) but I must be doing something wrong as my send to reply ratio isn’t great!

Can someone help or tell me where I am going wrong? I didn’t think I was an ugly c**t but maybe I am haha!"

At least you've got a send to reply ratio so that's a start

"Also...

This is 100% me x

I'm appalling at maintaing conversations.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

I'll be your mentor, just do the opposite of what I do and you'll be fine

shits creek

Can someone help or tell me where I am going wrong? I didn’t think I was an ugly c**t but maybe I am haha!

The only thing wrong you are doing is being a single guy amongst millions of other single guys. Become a single women and you will have way more success. "

What is success tho?

Being viewed as a wet hole by many?

Having it confirmed that your health doesn't matter to those who are messaging wanting meets now?

Having your profile text, requests and personal safety ignored?

I've said it before a thousand times and I'll say it again.

Single men can be well recieved, have numerous meets that end in a fantastic time being had. They just need to stop relying on messages and get off their lazy arses and make their way to organised socials. Effort in really does equal reward out!

I'll be your mentor, just do the opposite of what I do and you'll be fine"

Hahahahaha

"Also...

This is 100% me x

I'm appalling at maintaing conversations. "

And you have't replied to all of my replies to your replies on the forum either

Kidsgrove

To be fair, I have less luck meeting men I mail first. No idea why, they answer the first couple if mails, then lose interest. I don't think it is just men who don't get replies, but I appreciate you send out more mails and feel more rejection.

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"

Meurfgshd ? I thought I had heard it all on here "

I read it in a Robert Robinson voice...

"Meurfgshd"...is it, as Frank says, a term commonly used by swingers in an apathetic way, or perhaps it's a Victorian term relating to the search for oral gratification from someone of the same gender, or maybe it's an African tribal chant used to entice women?

Kidsgrove

"

"Meurfgshd"...is it, as Frank says, a term commonly used by swingers in an apathetic way, or perhaps it's a Victorian term relating to the search for oral gratification from someone of the same gender, or maybe it's an African tribal chant used to entice women? "

Nah, she doesn't seek women

Back to serious comment though - there's no magic formula OP - particularly in the current climate, it's more about finding the one that works for you - there are however five fairly clear pointers that can help if you get them right, and hinder if you don't:

Profile - take a look at yours and ask yourself would you want to interact with you if you read it? Does it help you stand out, or is it fairly generic and much the same as thousands of other guys? Does it tell the reader a little about you, what you are looking for and think you can offer? Does it entice a reader to want to find out more?

Pictures - do you have a good set of pics that show you off well? That tease and pique interest?

Approach - have you found an approach to the site that works? Do you just blindly message people in the hope of a reply? Or have you considered other ways of interacting with the site? The forums and chat rooms are excellent ways to get to know people and them to know you for example - sending blind messages isn't the only way.

Attitude - is yours set correctly? Do you keep it positive and not act with a sense of entitlement just because you signed up?

Expectations - again are they set correctly? Any answer other than they're set low is the wrong one - certainly when it comes to getting meets anyway.

Take a look at each of those and apply them to yourself and be honest - any or all of them can help you, but also hinder you, and you have it within your control to change them for the better if any of them are lacking.

"

"Meurfgshd"...is it, as Frank says, a term commonly used by swingers in an apathetic way, or perhaps it's a Victorian term relating to the search for oral gratification from someone of the same gender, or maybe it's an African tribal chant used to entice women?

Nah, she doesn't seek women "

Will be the first answer then

"Back to serious comment though - there's no magic formula OP - particularly in the current climate, it's more about finding the one that works for you - there are however five fairly clear pointers that can help if you get them right, and hinder if you don't:

Profile - take a look at yours and ask yourself would you want to interact with you if you read it? Does it help you stand out, or is it fairly generic and much the same as thousands of other guys? Does it tell the reader a little about you, what you are looking for and think you can offer? Does it entice a reader to want to find out more?

Pictures - do you have a good set of pics that show you off well? That tease and pique interest?

Approach - have you found an approach to the site that works? Do you just blindly message people in the hope of a reply? Or have you considered other ways of interacting with the site? The forums and chat rooms are excellent ways to get to know people and them to know you for example - sending blind messages isn't the only way.

Attitude - is yours set correctly? Do you keep it positive and not act with a sense of entitlement just because you signed up?

Expectations - again are they set correctly? Any answer other than they're set low is the wrong one - certainly when it comes to getting meets anyway.

Take a look at each of those and apply them to yourself and be honest - any or all of them can help you, but also hinder you, and you have it within your control to change them for the better if any of them are lacking."

Thanks mate

» Add a new message to this topic