Fitness update

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ustforfun49 OP   Man  over a year ago

chesterfield

Do you get to a point of where nothing seems to be happening

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes I do and it is during those times I would do the same thing, cos sometimes it could mean that the body is slow to respond, maibe it needs one more month then the progress starts again. I sometimes change things up with my training and diet to see if I could breakthrough the plateu earlier with that change too

chesterfield

"Yes I do and it is during those times I would do the same thing, cos sometimes it could mean that the body is slow to respond, maibe it needs one more month then the progress starts again. I sometimes change things up with my training and diet to see if I could breakthrough the plateu earlier with that change too "

Ok thanks for replying

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have set myself a challenge for January which I hope will really kick start my marathon training.

I have entered a virtual event to run and power walk a total of 286 miles during January. I will also be raising money for charity.... this commitment to achieve my goal and raise money will help drive me to complete this challenge and get out running and walking most days of the week in all weather conditions.

Sometimes OP a small tweak to your training is all you need to achieve good results. Your brain is so intelligent it quickly gets used to routine and effort, therefore changing your routine or if you are into running simply run your usual route in the opposite direction and experience the ascent at different points... I run my local routes in alternate ways every time to mix it up for myself.

Good luck with your training and keep going, you will get there but make sure that you enjoy the journey too.

Her x

By *aucyladMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Impressive...well done

chesterfield

"I have set myself a challenge for January which I hope will really kick start my marathon training.

I have entered a virtual event to run and power walk a total of 286 miles during January. I will also be raising money for charity.... this commitment to achieve my goal and raise money will help drive me to complete this challenge and get out running and walking most days of the week in all weather conditions.

Sometimes OP a small tweak to your training is all you need to achieve good results. Your brain is so intelligent it quickly gets used to routine and effort, therefore changing your routine or if you are into running simply run your usual route in the opposite direction and experience the ascent at different points... I run my local routes in alternate ways every time to mix it up for myself.

Good luck with your training and keep going, you will get there but make sure that you enjoy the journey too.

Her x

"

Thank you I only started to get fit at the beginning of December I have lost a bit of Wight and put on some muscle my goal is to get fit for the summer

"I have set myself a challenge for January which I hope will really kick start my marathon training.

Her x

Thank you I only started to get fit at the beginning of December I have lost a bit of Wight and put on some muscle my goal is to get fit for the summer "

Keep us updated on your progress, I like stuff like this.

Her x

chesterfield

Her x

Thank you I only started to get fit at the beginning of December I have lost a bit of Wight and put on some muscle my goal is to get fit for the summer

Her x"

Ok I will do how often do you want me to update you

Her x

Her x

Ok I will do how often do you want me to update you "

As you're still relatively new to your fitness routine maybe every 2 weeks then every month. Just pop a thread up and we can all follow your journey and support you as well as each other on our own updates.

Does that seem ok?

Her x

By *iggyStarjumpsMan  over a year ago

Stockport

Her x

"

Hey, you're doing the virtual Spine Race! Impressive, it's a lot of miles even spread over a month. I'm supposed to be voluntering at the checkpoints for the real thing but it's looking very unlikely. Good luck with it

Her x

Hey, you're doing the virtual Spine Race! Impressive, it's a lot of miles even spread over a month. I'm supposed to be voluntering at the checkpoints for the real thing but it's looking very unlikely. Good luck with it "

I am indeed, the virtual one and my boyfriend is running the actual challenger race... fingers crossed it goes ahead but looking doubtful.

Her x

chesterfield

Her x

Her x

Ok I will do how often do you want me to update you

As you're still relatively new to your fitness routine maybe every 2 weeks then every month. Just pop a thread up and we can all follow your journey and support you as well as each other on our own updates.

Does that seem ok?

Her x"

Yeah that's ok

By *aptain PeteMan  over a year ago

stamford

My days off fitness are well in the past. I am what I am....

chesterfield

"My days off fitness are well in the past. I am what I am.... "

I thought that but now I can already see the difference it's making me do more I'm loving it

» Add a new message to this topic