FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What have I learned as a single man....

What have I learned as a single man....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eorge Jetson OP   Man  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

In just 5 days.

1: single men do not look for couples, couples will search for men as and when they are ready.

2: to be considered a viable OPTION single men need a perfectly constructed opening message. By this it means a message WILL NOT open any doors, it serves simply as a distraction from other men who DON'T formulate a correctly constructed message.

3: opening messages MUST be void of "fuck, lick, pussy, cock, tits, wank, cum, meet and any other attempts at grasping attention with desperation.

4: READ PROFILES.

If your NOT asked for pics in an opening message, DON'T send them.

If the profile says bdsm kink and you know nothing about bdsm then DONT waste their time with a badly constructed message.

Profiles are the basic tools you need to formulate your message, work with the tools you have.

People are practically telling you what they want, so they want it from you??? Well that's for THEM to decide, not you.

5: Address BOTH people, both people are a COUPLE and neither will appreciate the exclusion of the male in any message.

6: DON'T continue to send message after message in hopes of a reply, you WON'T get one

If 1 message formulates an opening and response goes dry wait 2/3 days before attempting a 2nd.

If a 2nd message based on a prior conversation prior goes unanswered DO NOT continue to message, maybe the couple are talking amongst themselves about you, or maybe the real life they have took priority.

7: Humour serves its purpose, if you come across as a fun guy, people will believe you. Be creative, have wit, keep messages flowing if the rapor is there, refer back to profiles of you need to but keep it entertaining and interesting.

8: DO NOT!!!! Initiate sexual chat until its brought fowtad by the couple you chat too, why? Cos its desperate and immature, would you go up to a couple in a bar and start conversation with "your Mrs has class tits and i bet her pussy is tight as fuck" No, you absolutely wouldn't... So don't do it here.

9: If couples genuinely want to meet you, they will.

End of.... People can back out at any time and its absolutely THEIR prerogative, (Reference item 1, we are a requirement, not a necessity)

10: Have grace, rejection is 50% of life, not a devestation to your existence. A brief but polite acceptance and a wishing of wellbeing will keep you remembered as "the guy we never met but he was so polite in his rejection".

So anyway, that so far is what I've gathered in my experiences here.

If I'm in error on any score please feel free to correct me.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"In just 5 days.

1: single men do not look for couples, couples will search for men as and when they are ready.

2: to be considered a viable OPTION single men need a perfectly constructed opening message. By this it means a message WILL NOT open any doors, it serves simply as a distraction from other men who DON'T formulate a correctly constructed message.

3: opening messages MUST be void of "fuck, lick, pussy, cock, tits, wank, cum, meet and any other attempts at grasping attention with desperation.

If the profile says bdsm kink and you know nothing about bdsm then DONT waste their time with a badly constructed message.

Profiles are the basic tools you need to formulate your message, work with the tools you have.

People are practically telling you what they want, so they want it from you??? Well that's for THEM to decide, not you.

5: Address BOTH people, both people are a COUPLE and neither will appreciate the exclusion of the male in any message.

6: DON'T continue to send message after message in hopes of a reply, you WON'T get one

If 1 message formulates an opening and response goes dry wait 2/3 days before attempting a 2nd.

If a 2nd message based on a prior conversation prior goes unanswered DO NOT continue to message, maybe the couple are talking amongst themselves about you, or maybe the real life they have took priority.

7: Humour serves its purpose, if you come across as a fun guy, people will believe you. Be creative, have wit, keep messages flowing if the rapor is there, refer back to profiles of you need to but keep it entertaining and interesting.

8: DO NOT!!!! Initiate sexual chat until its brought fowtad by the couple you chat too, why? Cos its desperate and immature, would you go up to a couple in a bar and start conversation with "your Mrs has class tits and i bet her pussy is tight as fuck" No, you absolutely wouldn't... So don't do it here.

End of.... People can back out at any time and its absolutely THEIR prerogative, (Reference item 1, we are a requirement, not a necessity)

10: Have grace, rejection is 50% of life, not a devestation to your existence. A brief but polite acceptance and a wishing of wellbeing will keep you remembered as "the guy we never met but he was so polite in his rejection".

"

Absolutely love this

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

Very nice, but the trouble with rules is it can make you think that following them will get you the result “you deserve”

There’s also the issue that some of what you’ve written is completely wrong for some women too - just to keep you on your toes, like

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

You've discovered all that in five days!?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"In just 5 days.

"

My son, there is nothing left for you to learn

I though most of that was common sense was it not?

Think you've too much time on your hands tbh.

There is no winning formula you've either got it or you haven't.

Nothing worse than pretending to be something you're clearly not, most females will pick up on this eventually.

Just be yourself is the only advice any single male should follow.

There is something for everyone out there I firmly believe that.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

"

My son, there is nothing left for you to learn

"

That is how I read it... light hearted.

Middlesbrough

"Think you've too much time on your hands tbh. "

Well of course I do... I'm a single man.

Middlesbrough

"You've discovered all that in five days!? "

Yup.

Just think what I can learn in 3 months!!

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"In just 5 days.

"

Could not put it in better detail hit the nail on the head

By *blasiansCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"In just 5 days.

"

Well done. You are hired as admin for our profile.

By *estcountryDadBodMan  over a year ago

Exeter

"In just 5 days.

"

Aliens are on this planet...

Middlesbrough

"In just 5 days.

Well done. You are hired as admin for our profile."

And that everyone... Is how you submit a CV for employment....

Was thinking that

Hey OP how has your experience of the site changed from being a couple to a single man? Is it very different?

never assume all follow the same rules ??

By *emini ManMan  over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"Very nice, but the trouble with rules is it can make you think that following them will get you the result “you deserve”

There’s also the issue that some of what you’ve written is completely wrong for some women too - just to keep you on your toes, like "

Agreed - it's a fair generic common sense outline, much of which should apply to ALL users regardless of category, but at the same time there's not a "one size fits all" approach to the site either

Personally I'd disagree with 1 and 2 and aspects of 6 and 9 - all of which buy into the "single men are second class citizens" schtick and makes it sound like we'll accept a scrap thrown from the table and be grateful for it.

As a rough guideline it works at a very high level but overlooks a lot of very individual nuances.

Middlesbrough

"Hey OP how has your experience of the site changed from being a couple to a single man? Is it very different?

"

Erm... Not VERY different in some sense.

The biggest change thats obvious is how fast the messages dropped. 90% as a couple attracted single men.. So instantly 90% of messages stopped.

The noticeable glaring 2nd change was almost all of the couples who messaged stopped contacting, which gives a good indication that only the lady of us was sought and i came as part of the package.

Its an ongoing learning process, already Its obvious that many guys don't really see my observations as a real thing, and that's absolutely fine cos everyone has their own plan in mind to how they go about this.

Middlesbrough

"Very nice, but the trouble with rules is it can make you think that following them will get you the result “you deserve”

There’s also the issue that some of what you’ve written is completely wrong for some women too - just to keep you on your toes, like

Agreed - it's a fair generic common sense outline, much of which should apply to ALL users regardless of category, but at the same time there's not a "one size fits all" approach to the site either

Personally I'd disagree with 1 and 2 and aspects of 6 and 9 - all of which buy into the "single men are second class citizens" schtick and makes it sound like we'll accept a scrap thrown from the table and be grateful for it.

As a rough guideline it works at a very high level but overlooks a lot of very individual nuances.

"

As a former couple profile you'd be amazed at the absolute desperation from some single men to get time with people.

The most alarming and very nerve racking message was a guy who threatened to kill our kids for daring to reject him.

That there gives you the depths that "some" will go to to put forward their fury at being told no.

Middlesbrough

"never assume all follow the same rules ?? "

Rules are there for guidance.

Its a basic set of common sense guidelines.

No one said that these observations are a sure fire guarantee way to meet people here.

Its what I personally have noticed and learned.

Middlesbrough

"I though most of that was common sense was it not? "

Weeeeeell..... Judging from some of the messages we got when we had a couple profile you'd be forgiven for being mistaken....

By *eyond PurityCouple  over a year ago

Laceby

All good advice...

I would also add that messages like below never work:-

Message 1 - Single guy - ‘nice photo’s, they are the best I’ve seen’

Message 2 - Us - Thank you for the compliment

Message 3 - Single guy - ‘I’d love the opportunity to join you for a threesome...’

Message 4 - Us - rejection message

Just lay your intentions out in the first message...we’ve already decided from this message whether there’s an interest in you or not, so not point thinking being complimentary is a way in...

"Hey OP how has your experience of the site changed from being a couple to a single man? Is it very different?

The biggest change thats obvious is how fast the messages dropped. 90% as a couple attracted single men.. So instantly 90% of messages stopped.

The noticeable glaring 2nd change was almost all of the couples who messaged stopped contacting, which gives a good indication that only the lady of us was sought and i came as part of the package.

Its an ongoing learning process, already Its obvious that many guys don't really see my observations as a real thing, and that's absolutely fine cos everyone has their own plan in mind to how they go about this.

"

Did you have a single profile before?

Don't let the drop in messages get you down. Must feel a bit shit though.

Covid innit.

"

The most alarming and very nerve racking message was a guy who threatened to kill our kids for daring to reject him.

That there gives you the depths that "some" will go to to put forward their fury at being told no. "

Remember this for the next time they misbehave

Newcastle

But some single guys might be interested in exploring further with a couple even though not every couple and written will find you but leaves the door open to hear from those and as for pictures sending I find the connection within messages a better formula and the pictures just as a suspense that makes one intrigued to wonder it's good chemistry, but what happens if their is a fantastic connection via words but after seeing a picture don't find attractive or handsome.

As the saying goes all mouth no action

As a former couple profile you'd be amazed at the absolute desperation from some single men to get time with people.

That there gives you the depths that "some" will go to to put forward their fury at being told no. "

I've sat on both sides of the fence too so know how that goes and agree that there are some desperate characters out there BUT that doesn't mean that all men are desperate and that there aren't a large chunk that go quietly about their business doing very well and without having to follow some of the points you raised.

I've often said that if you took away the guys that are desperate or approach the site in the wrong way, that the number imbalance we hear so much about, would be a lot more balanced.

As I said there isn't a "one size fits all" approach to the site - it's a very individual thing that when a guy finds the right approach that works for him can be very fulfilling.

Your points are a valid high level common sense approach that all users would do well to follow to an extent, but it's once you get into the finer detail that the difference between having a positive experience and a very positive experience of the site happens

Middlesbrough

Did you have a single profile before?

Don't let the drop in messages get you down. Must feel a bit shit though.

Covid innit.

"

No, this is a new experience, thought I'd stick around primarily to keep on touch with the few that didn't lose interest.

Drop in messages was a given, fully expected and a natural outcome.

I don't continuously bother anyone, drop a message to people to say hello and so far I get a response so all positive.

And granted... Covid has absolutely put a dampener on pretty much everyone so that there hasn't helped at all.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Or to summarise-

Read profiles and don't just look at the pretty pictures.

Think with your big head and not just your little one.

No means no. Thems the breaks,so big boy panties on and move on

And finally don't take any of this (or yourself)too seriously

Tally ho!

Middlesbrough

That there gives you the depths that "some" will go to to put forward their fury at being told no.

I've sat on both sides of the fence too so know how that goes and agree that there are some desperate characters out there BUT that doesn't mean that all men are desperate and that there aren't a large chunk that go quietly about their business doing very well and without having to follow some of the points you raised.

I've often said that if you took away the guys that are desperate or approach the site in the wrong way, that the number imbalance we hear so much about, would be a lot more balanced.

As I said there isn't a "one size fits all" approach to the site - it's a very individual thing that when a guy finds the right approach that works for him can be very fulfilling.

Your points are a valid high level common sense approach that all users would do well to follow to an extent, but it's once you get into the finer detail that the difference between having a positive experience and a very positive experience of the site happens"

And that there is a whole brand new learning curve that I've not yet discovered.

But.....given the current situation I guess time away from meeting is something everyone has got a lot of at the minute

Middlesbrough

"Or to summarise-

Read profiles and don't just look at the pretty pictures.

Think with your big head and not just your little one.

No means no. Thems the breaks,so big boy panties on and move on

And finally don't take any of this (or yourself)too seriously

Tally ho! "

Awwwwwww. You've broken my post.

Would you be interested in becoming my editor for the next installment?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I don’t think I have ever jumped thru a hoop for anyone......

Mind you I am also in witness protection..... lol

Middlesbrough

"But some single guys might be interested in exploring further with a couple even though not every couple and written will find you but leaves the door open to hear from those and as for pictures sending I find the connection within messages a better formula and the pictures just as a suspense that makes one intrigued to wonder it's good chemistry, but what happens if their is a fantastic connection via words but after seeing a picture don't find attractive or handsome.

As the saying goes all mouth no action "

I got blocked yesterday for "refusing" to attach face pics to a message.

There are 7 pictures of my mush on my public pics.

Unfortunately despite a rather good back and forth set of messages thst was opening up into a little more depth the request for face pics was taken rather badly when I said they were in the public folder.

Fake profile was the last words.

Pics are there to be seen, the other parts are hidden until required

"I don’t think I have ever jumped thru a hoop for anyone......

Mind you I am also in witness protection..... lol"

So that's why you used to go to the Emirates...minimal chance of discovery!!

Middlesbrough

Mind you I am also in witness protection..... lol"

You don't need to do ANYTHING. I've seen you in action you only have to sit in that chair in the lounge at F and half the club come to YOU.

You Sir are a silent genius.

"I though most of that was common sense was it not?

Weeeeeell..... Judging from some of the messages we got when we had a couple profile you'd be forgiven for being mistaken.... "

Fair play

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Mind you I am also in witness protection..... lol

So that's why you used to go to the Emirates...minimal chance of discovery!! "

Oi... I am the one who goes in one of those lucha style masks..... lol you never know who I am... lol

Newcastle

"But some single guys might be interested in exploring further with a couple even though not every couple and written will find you but leaves the door open to hear from those and as for pictures sending I find the connection within messages a better formula and the pictures just as a suspense that makes one intrigued to wonder it's good chemistry, but what happens if their is a fantastic connection via words but after seeing a picture don't find attractive or handsome.

Unfortunately despite a rather good back and forth set of messages thst was opening up into a little more depth the request for face pics was taken rather badly when I said they were in the public folder.

"

Wow but even via those actions makes you think and maybe could've been a bad experience just via their actions I'd be questioning why not be happy with what is available people should appreciate this their are a lot of naive people but let them pass their is a rotating wheel

Middlesbrough

Wow but even via those actions makes you think and maybe could've been a bad experience just via their actions I'd be questioning why not be happy with what is available people should appreciate this their are a lot of naive people but let them pass their is a rotating wheel "

Yeah of course this whole thing is an ever constant changing experience, that's what makes it so much fun, the adapting to the change of people.

Honestly this site has dropped the self esteem of the men in the UK.....

I have never read so many begging comments and threads in my life.....

Some men act like the couples and females on this site are the only women on earth.....

Let me let all the guys know something.....

It’s just as hard for the single females and couples to find suitable people....

Stop begging and whining because they don’t want to have sex with you....

Try getting women in the real world and then you will not have to pander to women online....

By *blasiansCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"In just 5 days.

Well done. You are hired as admin for our profile.

And that everyone... Is how you submit a CV for employment.... "

We did a game where we advertised for a vacancy in update as part of role play scene, then folks submitted CV and we did a virtual interview ..was good fun..

You could try this as you seem to have good skills

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

Step 1 : write a profile

Step 2: upload some pictures.

Step 3: make a cup of tea.

The best way for me has always been to put up a profile and some pics, state I will reply to winks and leave it there. If it happens, it happens, if not, then not. Never send a first message. Knees too knackered to jump through hoops.

Fab is a part of life: life is not a part of fab.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

Much Pissing on the Strawbs

"In just 5 days.

"

Go forward and teach Glassshopppaaaaaarrrrr you are a Master now. Ohmmmmmmmmm

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Step 1 : write a profile

Step 2: upload some pictures.

Step 3: make a cup of tea.

The best way for me has always been to put up a profile and some pics, state I will reply to winks and leave it there. If it happens, it happens, if not, then not. Never send a first message. Knees too knackered to jump through hoops.

Fab is a part of life: life is not a part of fab. "

That last sentence about sums it up for me.

By *inkyrobinMan  over a year ago

Close to you

To much time because he never gets any replies

Middlesbrough

"Think you've too much time on your hands tbh.

To much time because he never gets any replies "

Nope, not a single one.

Thsts why I'm relocating to the forums.

I think he missed

"People who actually want to meet you will always be the other end of the country "

Lol

Middlesbrough

"I think he missed

"People who actually want to meet you will always be the other end of the country "

Lol"

Point number 11:.....

By *landElCouple  over a year ago

Kent

"In just 5 days.

"

You should consider adding.. If you recognise other fabbers on the street do not approach them if you haven't spoken before. Especially if it's the female part of a couple with a young child with her. Livid wasn't the word!!!

Middlesbrough

"In just 5 days.

You should consider adding.. If you recognise other fabbers on the street do not approach them if you haven't spoken before. Especially if it's the female part of a couple with a young child with her. Livid wasn't the word!!! "

Oh heck.

Thats absolutely not on at all.

Thats an unwritten rule across the board that you never physically approach a fellow fabster in public when they are with other people.

» Add a new message to this topic