FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Blanket statements

Blanket statements

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ntrepid Explorers OP   Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

At the end of our profile I put "Oh, and no racist, homophobic Tory bigots please, just not our thing, sorry. xx" as a parody of the "NO ASIANS" type things other people sadly put. Been there a while now and we've had a LOT of people mention it as the reason they got in touch etc.

Now I winked another profile and they got replied, to basically say that as a Tory voter they wouldn't meet me anyway, and they hate those blanket generalisations. Don't know why they felt the need to tell me. But well... here I am...

Outside of your actual political views etc., Is it a shitty thing to put in our profile? Just crass? I figure the important difference is that unlike race etc., it's a demographic you choose to be in, so totally fair game from that perspective.

There are other "blankets" that seem fair too. For example, in this current climate, I genuinely would struggle to enjoy the company of anyone who rejects the principles of Lockdown, as much as that covers a huge range of people with lots of different views.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I have something with a similar thrust on my profile, too.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think that’s a great thing to have on your profile, wish I’d of thought of summat like that

Would you describe yourself as liberal Op?

Birmingham

"I have something with a similar thrust on my profile, too."

I was going to just ask your opinion directly TBH!

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I have a tartan picnic blanket.

Birmingham

"Would you describe yourself as liberal Op? "

I suppose so. Can be quite the moving target though.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I have something with a similar thrust on my profile, too.

I was going to just ask your opinion directly TBH!"

Haha!

I see it as a filter. Along with my pronouns. If it offends people they're probably not going to get along with me. Everyone's offended by everything these days, apparently ( ) might as well put it to some use.

I think you should put what ever you want and if you're not for someone because of it that's a good thing.just don't understand why they would message you just because of it im not interested in gay bi people but it's never crossed my mind to message them to say but it's fab rules enjoy.

By *inkylipsWoman  over a year ago

Debauchery

I really like that, I can’t see the issue in that and I would be more drawn to that

Birmingham

"I really like that, I can’t see the issue in that and I would be more drawn to that "

I think, I hope, it also implies a positive passion for the other side of the coin...?

I’d fuck a Tory I just wouldn’t marry one

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Are you saying all Tories are bigots?

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Colchester

I saw a profile saying 'No Brexiteers'

Let it go peoples...

By *lamorousBeautyLondonWoman  over a year ago

London

"At the end of our profile I put "Oh, and no racist, homophobic Tory bigots please, just not our thing, sorry. xx" as a parody of the "NO ASIANS" type things other people sadly put. Been there a while now and we've had a LOT of people mention it as the reason they got in touch etc.

Now I winked another profile and they got replied, to basically say that as a Tory voter they wouldn't meet me anyway, and they hate those blanket generalisations. Don't know why they felt the need to tell me. But well... here I am...

Outside of your actual political views etc., Is it a shitty thing to put in our profile? Just crass? I figure the important difference is that unlike race etc., it's a demographic you choose to be in, so totally fair game from that perspective.

There are other "blankets" that seem fair too. For example, in this current climate, I genuinely would struggle to enjoy the company of anyone who rejects the principles of Lockdown, as much as that covers a huge range of people with lots of different views.

"

Your profile is witty and with some really funny sentences so I am sure that those who like humour are drawn to that. Your idea is both witty and educational, even though personally I would say that Tory does not automatically equal a racist or a bigot, just like Labour or any other party name equal something automatically.

Regarding preferences for how people look I also think that it is better to be reserved about mentioning them too much unless absolutely crucial. For example, my most important physical preference is above certain height and I have hesitated whether to include that or not because it might make people feel uncomfortable, on the other hand this is not something that I can change (I've tried before) and being made aware will save others time so in the end I decided to include it.

If physical preferences for whatever reason are to do with skin colour then they definitely should not be mentioned, it is not only unnecessary but actively makes people feel hurt or unwelcome. If people must have such preferences then at least they should avoid announcing it! Polite rejection or no reply is more than sufficient surely, no need for anyone to know your dubious choices...

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

Have you read My profile

It's a natural filter

Do what works for you!

You say lots have messaged because it is in your profile, lerhaps because they share your views or it's a good peg to hang a hat on as an ice breaker.

The one exception who didn't like it is more than likely not compatible, so as a filter it works.

Blanket statements that ultimately work aren't a bad thing if they work for you.

» Add a new message to this topic