FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mood collapse

Mood collapse

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Yesterday my mood collapsed into a low level depression. For the past 3 months I've been using the forum I have been in an elevated mood ('high').

This is the same pattern I experienced last year when I first started using the forum.

Behind the scenes in PMs is where the downsides of a high have played out and two forumites have been caught up in this behaviour. And the third time my moods have directly involved other people.

Through research and a bit of Dr Google I suspect I may be on the bipolar spectrum (possibly cyclothymia). I do know it is not merely depression.

I have already booked a telephone appointment with a GP to discuss my mental health and I am not alone as I have family around me.

I wish to keep using the forum as it is the only social contact I have outside of family - and to not repeat my usual pattern of completely giving up on things when my mental health makes it tough for me. And it would be useful for me to write about what, I hope, will be a journey to get to the bottom of my mental health problems.

----------------------------------

I would urge anyone who does not feel right in their mental health to seek help. Whether that is talking to friends/family (on or offline) to begin with. That will only take you so far and you need to speak to a GP to get proper medical advice on ways forward and treatment.

And lastly thank you forumites (yes, all of you) for each bringing something unique to the forum and making this an enjoyable place for me (and hopefully others) to hang out in. I hope I can continue adding to the mix.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Yesterday my mood collapsed into a low level depression. For the past 3 months I've been using the forum I have been in an elevated mood ('high').

This is the same pattern I experienced last year when I first started using the forum.

Behind the scenes in PMs is where the downsides of a high have played out and two forumites have been caught up in this behaviour. And the third time my moods have directly involved other people.

Through research and a bit of Dr Google I suspect I may be on the bipolar spectrum (possibly cyclothymia). I do know it is not merely depression.

I have already booked a telephone appointment with a GP to discuss my mental health and I am not alone as I have family around me.

I wish to keep using the forum as it is the only social contact I have outside of family - and to not repeat my usual pattern of completely giving up on things when my mental health makes it tough for me. And it would be useful for me to write about what, I hope, will be a journey to get to the bottom of my mental health problems.

I would urge anyone who does not feel right in their mental health to seek help. Whether that is talking to friends/family (on or offline) to begin with. That will only take you so far and you need to speak to a GP to get proper medical advice on ways forward and treatment.

And lastly thank you forumites (yes, all of you) for each bringing something unique to the forum and making this an enjoyable place for me (and hopefully others) to hang out in. I hope I can continue adding to the mix.

"

I really want to give you a huge boob-squishin hug right now xx

Well done on contacting your GP...i know its not an easy thing, but its the right thing. Youre lust a lushpot and are a lovely person on the forum. Keep fighting those down times and turn that frown upside down, to how and where it should be, my lovely. Inbox open,if you want to shoot the shit and put the world to rights xxx

By *rMojoRisinMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Mate I’m so sorry to hear this, you’re always one of the more amusing and annoying posters.

I don’t have much experience of cyclothymia, as it’s often managed in primary care, but I have a lot of experience of BPAD. If I can be of any help, just shout out.

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

Hope you feel better soon

Well done for taking these steps OP, reaching out can be hard, but it's the first step!

I'm bipolar and getting the right help has been super important in keeping me more level. I hope you're able to get there, too.

Mate I’m so sorry to ear you’re struggling, but it’s amazing you’ve reached out for help if only others would! And also massive respect for telling people it’s the hardest thing to do

By *an4funMan  over a year ago

london

Is this a bad time to mention that I like turtles?

X

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Yesterday my mood collapsed into a low level depression. For the past 3 months I've been using the forum I have been in an elevated mood ('high').

"

Hang in there

Sheffield

"Is this a bad time to mention that I like turtles?

X"

It’s never a bad time for that Dan!

Now take your tablets and feed your turtle!

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I’m sorry to read this and I’m glad that you’re seeking help and support that you need.

I also hope that those that you mention messaging are at peace with this too, not to put a negative spin on this but if this is by way of apologising, you might fall foul of forum rules.

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

An excellent post and well done on seeking help for this as opposed to suffering in silence

Best of luck op and if you ever need to vent in a non sexual way our inbox is always open and alas I always reply!!!!

Tony

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

Sorry to hear about your struggles but well done for reaching out, I hope you find the support you're looking for

Sorry to hear this, but we’ll done for speaking and reaching out. It takes a lot of courage to take that first step.

I hope you get the support you want/need

NBVN x

Excellent post OP, hope you feel more positive again soon, thank you for sharing

Glad to hear you have family around you.

"Is this a bad time to mention that I like turtles?

X"

This is why I like you.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

and hugs x

"Mate I’m so sorry to hear this, you’re always one of the more amusing and annoying posters. "

I'll try to stay annoying.

Very best wishes OP. I do have my reservations about the Forum and mental health as it can be a brutal place at times. But if you can use it in a positive way then all power to you, and I’m sure you have good friends and support in these parts. Take care mate.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I like you being here P numbers.

If you have to go 'through' 'something' may it be a very short journey.

Be you

By *EAT..85Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Stay strong and take care of yourself x

"I like you being here P numbers.

If you have to go 'through' 'something' may it be a very short journey.

Be you "

I always knew I was in your thoughts Granny.

Sheffield

"Mate I’m so sorry to hear this, you’re always one of the more amusing and annoying posters.

I'll try to stay annoying."

I don’t think you’ll have to try!

» Add a new message to this topic