FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Atmosphere on fab lately

Atmosphere on fab lately

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *etMeSee1983 OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle Under Lyme

I've benn on Fab just over 3 years on an off.

Am I the only one who feels like it's gotten more toxic over the last 12 to 15 months?

Maybe it's the pandemic I don't know.

Has anyone else noticed or feels the same?

May or may not be related but I've also experienced more let downs since things opened up again than before lockdown, from verified people more so than non-verified.

How does everyone else feel? Do you feel the friendly atmosphere has diminished or is it still thriving?

Hope to hear your views.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Definitely has got worse and the amount of female grifters has Definitely increased.

By *orkshireDrifterMan  over a year ago

Bridlington.

Not much difference, still the odd grumpy spat in the forum, still the same number of timewasters, the same number of guys who don't read profiles, asking I'll spelt inane questions.

All reassuringly normal?

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

You aren't the only one to notice.

It's been horrible lately and not a friendly place to be.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't find it any different.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think the issues are just more obvious than they used to be

By *ew2CDTV/TS  over a year ago

Newcastle Under Lyme

I would tend to agree overall.

When I 1st joined just before the pandemic I felt very welcomed by people and little judgement.

Lately over maybe the last 6 months there has been quite a bit of toxicity.

I think a lot could be avoided of people read people's profiles, that could have avoided some issues I've had personally.

That and some people need to grow up and accept someone isn't interested in them.

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I think it has a lot to do with the frustration of being in lockdown for so long and the unfulfilled expectations of things getting back to something like normal.

Give it a couple of months and I think it will be back to how it used to be

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I've been here 4 years but only 2 of those in the forums and as only a small percentage of members use the forums any unpleasantness isn't really a reflection of the entire site.

In saying that I haven't noticed much difference.

The forums have its Toxic moments but I dont agree with people saying its got worse or that it's not a friendly place to be and think a lot of it depends on the attitude of the person posting.

The forums is what you want it to be.

If you want drama there's plenty of that, if you want to make friends there is also plenty of that, If you want a serious debate or just light hearted fun there is plenty if that to.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I haven't been here that long so i cant do a comparison. There are a few posters who will jump on people-never sure quite why - but i believe the majority of posters are great people.

Leeds

"I think it has a lot to do with the frustration of being in lockdown for so long and the unfulfilled expectations of things getting back to something like normal.

Give it a couple of months and I think it will be back to how it used to be"

Hope so, its been like a kids playground for a while.

Newcastle Under Lyme

In my case I was referring to messages I've received. I read quite a few bits in the forums and reply to some but rarely start a thread myself so can't really comment on that part of the site.

My emoji feel....

By *agicfingers1Man  over a year ago

near Brighton

I haven't been using the forums very long but I should have started sooner. I generally have a laugh and a good time. I've chatted to some lovely people that I wouldn't have done before. Yes I'm sure there are those that don't like me or take the piss out of me, but that's their problem, not mine. I'll just keep being me and they can keep being them

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"In my case I was referring to messages I've received. I read quite a few bits in the forums and reply to some but rarely start a thread myself so can't really comment on that part of the site."

I decided to turn my filters up to maximum over a year ago. Based on what I've seen and heard, I'm glad I've not received an unsolicited message in all that time.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I think the forums are the same as they have always been.

I see the same threads appearing on a regular basis, these can be favourite food, album or film to the more contentious threads about rudeness by women or men, issues on preferences to LGBTI Q etc…issues.

These threads were prevalent when I first started to use the forums to now. Some people get really animated but I also remember that happening in the past as well, if you care about an issue, why not ?

To be honest when it kicks off …those threads are the ones worth reading

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

"I think it has a lot to do with the frustration of being in lockdown for so long and the unfulfilled expectations of things getting back to something like normal.

Hope so, its been like a kids playground for a while."

you are are always going to get petty squabbles, agreed some has been a little more toxic, but then it's the same in the real world, you will always have someone willing to take a swipe at you because that sadly bus their nature.

By *eyondhornyMan  over a year ago

Pontypridd-ish

I have only been commenting on threads a short while in the lounge mainly. I have found it to be very positive and fun overall.

The virus section I can't even look at anymore and there is a lot of toxicity there I feel. A lot of the threads started in there are blatantly started to stir up shit and outrage.

Newcastle Under Lyme

The forums is somewhere I visit now and then.

Not posted much, kind of like New2CD said it's probably more the messages received I've noticed especially when someone doesn't like your reply or rejection no matter how polite.

It's not just fab, I've noticed it on other social media sites too. It's been a shit 18 months. I take myself off for a while. I find it helps me stay sane.

By *uitednbooted2Man  over a year ago

Berkshire

I’ve been on fab nearly 8 years and tbh the forums haven’t changed much. They are definitely not for feint hearts or easily offended. That doesn’t excuse some of the downright nasty and bitter behaviour I’m sorry to say often comes from the fairer sex. Fab has been great for me plus I can also say of all the people I have met from it not one has been the result of an interaction on the forums. Make if that what you will

Leeds

Hope so, its been like a kids playground for a while. you are are always going to get petty squabbles, agreed some has been a little more toxic, but then it's the same in the real world, you will always have someone willing to take a swipe at you because that sadly bus their nature."

Or the ones who take over a thread and turn it into a who can blow the most smoke, I do admit that makes me or derail a thread and turn it into something totally different from the OP x

Leeds

"I’ve been on fab nearly 8 years and tbh the forums haven’t changed much. They are definitely not for feint hearts or easily offended. That doesn’t excuse some of the downright nasty and bitter behaviour I’m sorry to say often comes from the fairer sex. Fab has been great for me plus I can also say of all the people I have met from it not one has been the result of an interaction on the forums. Make if that what you will "

Same here re interaction from the forum.

"It's not just fab, I've noticed it on other social media sites too. It's been a shit 18 months. I take myself off for a while. I find it helps me stay sane."

Yep totally agree, it's everywhere

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

It is a bit more of a tense, bitchier place - you only have to look at digs made, people snapping at others on the forums, the general vibe by some posters... that being said, there have been some lovely threads, real support shown. I guess to a certain extent if you preconceive it to be a less welcoming place, you'll find things that cement thus increasing your confirmation bias.

I think the forum goes through peaks and troughs and this is possibly a trough time?

On a personal note, for the most part, I think Fab is still a friendly place but that's possible my vag privilege kicking in. I've had some lovely, genuine conversations lately.

Remember that lockdown has been tense time for people, they are slowly emerging and trying to get used to things once more. People are unsure, have a lot on. With all of that, to a certain degree, it's understandable why it's a particular way currently.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I feel like some people should look at their own behaviour.

If people bitched less about what others are doing, and instead just scrolled past they would probably find their forum experience in particular was improved.

"I feel like some people should look at their own behaviour.

If people bitched less about what others are doing, and instead just scrolled past they would probably find their forum experience in particular was improved."

Totally agree.

I have to admit, I’ve found the behaviour of some people very disappointing lately.

It’s a shame, because generally it’s a lovely, welcoming community.

By *uitednbooted2Man  over a year ago

Berkshire

"I’ve been on fab nearly 8 years and tbh the forums haven’t changed much. They are definitely not for feint hearts or easily offended. That doesn’t excuse some of the downright nasty and bitter behaviour I’m sorry to say often comes from the fairer sex. Fab has been great for me plus I can also say of all the people I have met from it not one has been the result of an interaction on the forums. Make if that what you will

Same here re interaction from the forum."

There’s always a first time I guess ! I would never rule it out

Leeds

"I’ve been on fab nearly 8 years and tbh the forums haven’t changed much. They are definitely not for feint hearts or easily offended. That doesn’t excuse some of the downright nasty and bitter behaviour I’m sorry to say often comes from the fairer sex. Fab has been great for me plus I can also say of all the people I have met from it not one has been the result of an interaction on the forums. Make if that what you will

Same here re interaction from the forum.

There’s always a first time I guess ! I would never rule it out "

First time for everything

"I feel like some people should look at their own behaviour.

If people bitched less about what others are doing, and instead just scrolled past they would probably find their forum experience in particular was improved."

Also this

By *ildblonde69Woman  over a year ago

south west

"It is a bit more of a tense, bitchier place - you only have to look at digs made, people snapping at others on the forums, the general vibe by some posters... that being said, there have been some lovely threads, real support shown. I guess to a certain extent if you preconceive it to be a less welcoming place, you'll find things that cement thus increasing your confirmation bias.

I think the forum goes through peaks and troughs and this is possibly a trough time?

On a personal note, for the most part, I think Fab is still a friendly place but that's possible my vag privilege kicking in. I've had some lovely, genuine conversations lately.

Remember that lockdown has been tense time for people, they are slowly emerging and trying to get used to things once more. People are unsure, have a lot on. With all of that, to a certain degree, it's understandable why it's a particular way currently. "

Totally agree

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Nah not really. No different to how it’s always been from what I see. Although I probably don’t read enough threads to have a proper opinion. The day I let this place affect me is the day I leave. It’s just entertainment and a laugh for me.

By *iddlesticksMan  over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

Smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

Leeds

"Smile and wave boys, smile and wave. "

You mean smile, stick 2 fingers up and move on...let the kids play

By *00STERMan  over a year ago

nearby

I think it’s just a reflection of the general state of online society today, even the real world to some extent. But the online world is where hard division is the norm and the loud appear as the majority as the quiet are invisible to all.

By *.R.MMan  over a year ago

Nfk/Sfk/Cam

You just have to scroll past any negativity

By *iddlesticksMan  over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

"Smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

You mean smile, stick 2 fingers up and move on...let the kids play "

That’s kind of it although I’d never be rude enough to stick two fingers up. I’ll send cock pics instead.

That’s kind of it although I’d never be rude enough to stick two fingers up. I’ll send cock pics instead. "

Totally agree there is absolutely no need to be rude to anybody. If you don't like something then move on rather than try to cause drama or a reaction.

By *oroRick1027Man  over a year ago

The Boro

More fakes lately. I've had 3 arranged meets, after long chats become no shows. Then the profile disappeared.

Leeds

That’s kind of it although I’d never be rude enough to stick two fingers up. I’ll send cock pics instead. "

That is so rude....you win

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

You mean smile, stick 2 fingers up and move on...let the kids play "

We need the ‘two finger’ emoji

By *agicfingers1Man  over a year ago

near Brighton

"More fakes lately. I've had 3 arranged meets, after long chats become no shows. Then the profile disappeared."

Bloody show off

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Ebbs and flows..

If it's toxic, step away for a while perhaps..

"More fakes lately. I've had 3 arranged meets, after long chats become no shows. Then the profile disappeared.

Bloody show off "

..yeah but look at those pulling pants he's got

Just wow!!

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

I find people love to moan about what others are doing, when in fact they do it a lot themselves. Practise what you preach

Leeds

We need the ‘two finger’ emoji "

And a smoke one

"I find people love to moan about what others are doing, when in fact they do it a lot themselves. Practise what you preach "

Paradise, Herts

"I find people love to moan about what others are doing, when in fact they do it a lot themselves. Practise what you preach "

Yep!! Spot on

Forum is great. Any drama or squabbling I walk on and go looking for the good stuff, or start a thread of my owm.

Yep, and if you don’t like the playground atmosphere, act like a grown up. If you have a problem deal with it directly.

The hypocrisy is what I find hard to ignore completely.

Rock on and have an issue with people. Have an issue with what they post. Have an issue with how they are. That's entirely your own call.

But don't be a hypocrite and bitch about people doing something and do it yourself. That's not behaving like an adult.

"The hypocrisy is what I find hard to ignore completely.

Rock on and have an issue with people. Have an issue with what they post. Have an issue with how they are. That's entirely your own call.

But don't be a hypocrite and bitch about people doing something and do it yourself. That's not behaving like an adult."

Hang on, I have to adult here? Why has nobody told me this?

By * Lexi xWoman  over a year ago

stockport

I think everyone thinks this about the same person.

I wish we could have a “Purge” day where you can just be totally honest and air your views publicly.

12 hours and then back to the rules again!

But don't be a hypocrite and bitch about people doing something and do it yourself. That's not behaving like an adult.

Hang on, I have to adult here? Why has nobody told me this?"

You don't have to adult. You just carry on as you are

Clocked it, thanks!

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

"I think everyone thinks this about the same person.

I wish we could have a “Purge” day where you can just be totally honest and air your views publicly.

12 hours and then back to the rules again! "

A Purge day is such a good idea. I don't think it would necessarily make people the best of friends but it would help people air their grievances and then move on. Maybe.

Hang on, I have to adult here? Why has nobody told me this?"

I've just brought a book about how to adult, would you like to borrow it?

A Purge day is such a good idea. I don't think it would necessarily make people the best of friends but it would help people air their grievances and then move on. Maybe."

You are wise one _eli.

By *LiamMan  over a year ago

Midlands

I enjoy myself on the forum, don't know what you lot are doing but if you're crying about it. Maybe it isn't for you

A Purge day is such a good idea. I don't think it would necessarily make people the best of friends but it would help people air their grievances and then move on. Maybe."

Oh fuck me, that would be good.

"I enjoy myself on the forum, don't know what you lot are doing but if you're crying about it. Maybe it isn't for you "

Not crying so much, as laughing at the sheer hypocrisy of some

Would be great really.

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

We’ve been on here a few years, and it seems exactly the same as it ever was.

"We’ve been on here a few years, and it seems exactly the same as it ever was."

2nd that

Paradise, Herts

"I enjoy myself on the forum, don't know what you lot are doing but if you're crying about it. Maybe it isn't for you

Not crying so much, as laughing at the sheer hypocrisy of some "

Unbelievable. I do find it entertaining though

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

12 hours and then back to the rules again! "

Unfortunately some wouldn’t handle the truth or indeed listen to it, would just create a whole new can of worms.

Not everyone will get on but what I cannot stand seeing, and happens a lot, is the group mentality in the forums…. one person doesn’t like something and then in pile the same crowd every time one after another. Some need to learn to stand on their own two feet and not out out the call to their mates to back them up

"I haven't been here that long so i cant do a comparison. There are a few posters who will jump on people-never sure quite why - but i believe the majority of posters are great people. "

"I enjoy myself on the forum, don't know what you lot are doing but if you're crying about it. Maybe it isn't for you "

This

Leeds

Unfortunately some wouldn’t handle the truth or indeed listen to it, would just create a whole new can of worms.

Not everyone will get on but what I cannot stand seeing, and happens a lot, is the group mentality in the forums…. one person doesn’t like something and then in pile the same crowd every time one after another. Some need to learn to stand on their own two feet and not out out the call to their mates to back them up "

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Not everyone will get on but what I cannot stand seeing, and happens a lot, is the group mentality in the forums…. one person doesn’t like something and then in pile the same crowd every time one after another. Some need to learn to stand on their own two feet and not out out the call to their mates to back them up "

Midlands

Although don't enter the virus forum there's a few bouncers on the doors with the thermometers at the ready

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

"Although don't enter the virus forum there's a few bouncers on the doors with the thermometers at the ready"

I wear shin pads and a helmet when I venture in there

"We’ve been on here a few years, and it seems exactly the same as it ever was."

Letting the days go by

It's like that sometimes and other times it isn't. Haven't really read much recently so can't comment.

The more you spend here the more you notice the cracks.

It's easy enough to scroll past the negativity though.

True. But friends will do that for each other without a "call". That's human nature.

And sometimes it isn't anything to do with mates, just a lot of people seeing the same thing and having issue with it.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I used to call people out on their behaviour when it was openly abusive and designed to belittle or shame.

Then i realised that some of the so called victims were equally as capable of stirring the pot but they did it in private and sent others out in the forums to fight their battles.

I was criticised recently for saying that trolls take many forms and should be ignored and not given oxygen but I stand by that statement. If you're here for the drama then rock on but don't drag others into it.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

Think you will find it gets better once meets, clubs and parties start again.

Most of the whiners and nasty remark merchants don't generally meet in the real world and Covid restrictions have given them the opportunity to thrive and hide behind the restrictions, they'll soon scuttle away once normalish comes back.

Not everyone will get on but what I cannot stand seeing, and happens a lot, is the group mentality in the forums…. one person doesn’t like something and then in pile the same crowd every time one after another. Some need to learn to stand on their own two feet and not out out the call to their mates to back them up

True. But friends will do that for each other without a "call". That's human nature.

And sometimes it isn't anything to do with mates, just a lot of people seeing the same thing and having issue with it."

Exactly this. Having friends and support on here is often seen as a bad thing where in the real world it's a good thing. I find this place very confusing.

Hasn't this thread itself turned into an example of said toxic behaviour?

I always feel with some of these threads. For one, they're started on purpose by association of another - especially when the OP never returns to chat and secondly, to air certain peoples views of others - for one reason or another they can't seem to sort it out in PRIVATE.

My advice, someone take off your filters so at least one can chat to sort the issue out....

I hope that helps

stockport

Is it not possible for someone to annoy more than one person?

I’m by no means a sheepol and make my own decisions.

liverpool

And sometimes it isn't anything to do with mates, just a lot of people seeing the same thing and having issue with it."

Not when they back each other up all the time and hone in on the 1 person who doesnt fit in with their view.

Deepest darkest Peru

"Hasn't this thread itself turned into an example of said toxic behaviour? "

On a mooch

Maybe but can also be seen as ganging up, which is never nice to see.

I will back up my friends by talking to them, they are big enough to fight their own battles and use their own words.

"

Good point. Sometimes people watch a thread unfold and call out toxic bad behaviour with no ‘call’ from anyone, but purely because it’s the right thing to do.

Yep

On a mooch

"

Of course it is possible, but when things are clearly turned to focus on one individual whether that be the OP or someone within the thread, then the ‘friends’ pile in, it’s more than that.

On a mooch

It has indeed

Newcastle Under Lyme

"Think you will find it gets better once meets, clubs and parties start again.

Most of the whiners and nasty remark merchants don't generally meet in the real world and Covid restrictions have given them the opportunity to thrive and hide behind the restrictions, they'll soon scuttle away once normalish comes back. "

That would be good.

Some good points and points of view raised it has been good to read through it all.

Like others have said I've stayed clear of the virus thread/topic.

I haven't experienced the mob mentality mentioned by some personally but I don't read the forums that much.

Nanna is here if you need her...

To help with the negotiations...

And sometimes it isn't anything to do with mates, just a lot of people seeing the same thing and having issue with it.

I will back up my friends by talking to them, they are big enough to fight their own battles and use their own words. "

I concur. And I won't lie and say it doesn't happen.

My point was that it isn't necessarily anything to do with being friends with people. There are various people saying the same thing on this thread who may never have interacted in any more meaningful way than on forum threads. It doesn't mean they are "ganging up", it means they are of similar opinions.

Leeds

Well that escalated pretty quickly...

If only there was a way around it, like logging out or something.

"Well that escalated pretty quickly... "

Nice use of the eye rolling emoji’s.

I think it's not just on here, it's the same in society. People are more angry, less tolerant of people's right to their own opinions and just seem unfriendlier. It's sad.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I'm just here for the cock.

Leeds

"Well that escalated pretty quickly...

Nice use of the eye rolling emoji’s."

Quite appropriate I thought

stockport

Of course it is possible, but when things are clearly turned to focus on one individual whether that be the OP or someone within the thread, then the ‘friends’ pile in, it’s more than that. "

I understand what your saying.

People need to take responsibility for the way they behave on the forums.

If anyone is questioning themselves there’s a reason for it.

Everyone on fab has been polite and courteous so far. However it is always nice to get a “no thank you”, if you go to trouble of a well written message.

However, much like a lot of social media, easy to hide behind a faceless profile.

On a mooch

I will back up my friends by talking to them, they are big enough to fight their own battles and use their own words.

My point was that it isn't necessarily anything to do with being friends with people. There are various people saying the same thing on this thread who may never have interacted in any more meaningful way than on forum threads. It doesn't mean they are "ganging up", it means they are of similar opinions."

I agree it can happen and have similar opinions, but it is clear with some it is a friend thing.

We will have to agree to disagree on the reasons behind why some join threads, how they interact with the OP or others, the words they choose to use or behaviour shown.

We each see it differently and sometimes those in the middle of it don’t see what they are doing.

My point was that it isn't necessarily anything to do with being friends with people. There are various people saying the same thing on this thread who may never have interacted in any more meaningful way than on forum threads. It doesn't mean they are "ganging up", it means they are of similar opinions."

Definitely agree with this because I think often the whole ganging up thing is used far too much on here by people that dint understand that peoples behaviour is often noticed by more than just a few people.

Of calls there have been times and threads when its obvious groups of friends have chosen to "gang up" on a poster but I don't think that happens often.

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

I don't think it's fab, think it might be everywhere, or feels like it.

All my fem filters are off...

If you want issues sorting, I don't know what went on, but I could be the go-between .....

Clear the mess up, start again, all sorted....

Let me know

Newcastle Under Lyme

"Well that escalated pretty quickly... "

It really did :|

I just realized I think I know the original poster ... :0 lol

"I'm just here for the cock.

"

Preach

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Fab moves in spurts, with periodic ebbs and flpws of this and that.

We should not discount the effects that the epidemic has had on us all. We're perhaps more sensitive to things that aren't as right as we'd like them to be, than before.

There's still a heavy burden pf stress that we are bearing

Paradise, Herts

Have to disagree with the “friends” thing. For me anyway. Spurs me and you are very close and I’ve disagreed with you lots on the forum. Lorna and I have had some extremely heated times on here, yet we’re friends. I don’t agree/disagree/back up anyone or expect that from anyone either. I think people would probably know that about me by now. If I have the same opinions as some then so be it.

stockport

"Everyone on fab has been polite and courteous so far. However it is always nice to get a “no thank you”, if you go to trouble of a well written message.

However, much like a lot of social media, easy to hide behind a faceless profile. "

If you understood how many messages us ladies get per day you would understand this is impossible. This is why most have on their profile “no reply means a polite no thank you”

Deepest darkest Peru

My point was that it isn't necessarily anything to do with being friends with people. There are various people saying the same thing on this thread who may never have interacted in any more meaningful way than on forum threads. It doesn't mean they are "ganging up", it means they are of similar opinions.

Definitely agree with this because I think often the whole ganging up thing is used far too much on here by people that dint understand that peoples behaviour is often noticed by more than just a few people.

Of calls there have been times and threads when its obvious groups of friends have chosen to "gang up" on a poster but I don't think that happens often. "

I never really comment on these types of threads and for me it’s not so much what you see on certain threads but knowing that things will be been said in private PM’s

"I'm just here for the cock.

"

Can I have some of that?

"Have to disagree with the “friends” thing. For me anyway. Spurs me and you are very close and I’ve disagreed with you lots on the forum. Lorna and I have had some extremely heated times on here, yet we’re friends. I don’t agree/disagree/back up anyone or expect that from anyone either. I think people would probably know that about me by now. If I have the same opinions as some then so be it. "

Snap! I've called people out for their posts many times including people I am really good friends with or even done it to Ash Although in fairness Ash never says anything even remotely controversial. Well he did once when he started a thread about women footballers!

Of calls there have been times and threads when its obvious groups of friends have chosen to "gang up" on a poster but I don't think that happens often.

I never really comment on these types of threads and for me it’s not so much what you see on certain threads but knowing that things will be been said in private PM’s

"

Thats it. I don't normally comment on them and to be fair I dont see them that often.

Definitely gotten worse in our experiences

On a mooch

"Have to disagree with the “friends” thing. For me anyway. Spurs me and you are very close and I’ve disagreed with you lots on the forum. Lorna and I have had some extremely heated times on here, yet we’re friends. I don’t agree/disagree/back up anyone or expect that from anyone either. I think people would probably know that about me by now. If I have the same opinions as some then so be it. "

I agree Nora, you and a few others speak their own minds, unfortunately some don’t.

Paradise, Herts

"Have to disagree with the “friends” thing. For me anyway. Spurs me and you are very close and I’ve disagreed with you lots on the forum. Lorna and I have had some extremely heated times on here, yet we’re friends. I don’t agree/disagree/back up anyone or expect that from anyone either. I think people would probably know that about me by now. If I have the same opinions as some then so be it.

Snap! I've called people out for their posts many times including people I am really good friends with or even done it to Ash Although in fairness Ash never says anything even remotely controversial. Well he did once when he started a thread about women footballers! "

. This is why I always have to keep

My single profile . Was never allowed to comment on stuff on the joint one . Mrs feisty and mr placid

"Fab moves in spurts, with periodic ebbs and flpws of this and that.

We should not discount the effects that the epidemic has had on us all. We're perhaps more sensitive to things that aren't as right as we'd like them to be, than before.

There's still a heavy burden pf stress that we are bearing "

I totally agree with this pov....

"Have to disagree with the “friends” thing. For me anyway. Spurs me and you are very close and I’ve disagreed with you lots on the forum. Lorna and I have had some extremely heated times on here, yet we’re friends. I don’t agree/disagree/back up anyone or expect that from anyone either. I think people would probably know that about me by now. If I have the same opinions as some then so be it.

I agree Nora, you and a few others speak their own minds, unfortunately some don’t. "

But how do know that?

The biggest problem with fab is people making assumptions and jumping to conclusions about people and their motives.

Snap! I've called people out for their posts many times including people I am really good friends with or even done it to Ash Although in fairness Ash never says anything even remotely controversial. Well he did once when he started a thread about women footballers!

. This is why I always have to keep

My single profile . Was never allowed to comment on stuff on the joint one . Mrs feisty and mr placid "

That is exactly why we stopped using the couples profile for the forum although most people would know which one of us it was posting just by the style of post.

I agree Nora, you and a few others speak their own minds, unfortunately some don’t.

But how do know that?

The biggest problem with fab is people making assumptions and jumping to conclusions about people and their motives. "

Agree with you Lorna. I sometimes call people out, but most of the time I move along and leave people to it.

It’s not always good to get involved in someone else’s business.

On a mooch

But how do know that?

The biggest problem with fab is people making assumptions and jumping to conclusions about people and their motives. "

You get to see the pattern unfold, simple as that.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

I haven't read the whole thread so I'll appologise for that now.

Yeah there's always a bit of crappy behaviour, messages saying I'm fat, ugly etc. But I tell you what, I snapped on here one evening a few weeks after my ectopic pregnancy ruptured during 1st lockdown. And I was flooded by support from those I speak to in personal messages, those only on the forum and those I never spoken to in my life and haven't since. Some of those were lovely ladies had experienced what I had and were bloody marvelous. So yeah you can look at all the bad but then you fail to see the positives.

But how do know that?

The biggest problem with fab is people making assumptions and jumping to conclusions about people and their motives.

You get to see the pattern unfold, simple as that. "

But why do we have to....

Can't it be discussed away from a public forum and in private.

What am I not understanding?

But how do know that?

You get to see the pattern unfold, simple as that. "

But it's not that simple and to tar people with a brush is really unfair and is part of the problem what's going on in the forums at the moment assuming that people can't think for themselves just because they happen to agree with someone.

Newcastle Under Lyme

I just realized I think I know the original poster ... :0 lol "

It did escalate and went somewhere I wasn't expecting. Maybe my naivety with forums.

I wasn't sure if I know you or but you saying now makes me think lol.

No worries if I knew for certain it's none of my business so no one would here it from me.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"The forums have its Toxic moments but I dont agree with people saying its got worse or that it's not a friendly place to be and think a lot of it depends on the attitude of the person posting.

The forums is what you want it to be.

If you want drama there's plenty of that, if you want to make friends there is also plenty of that, If you want a serious debate or just light hearted fun there is plenty if that to. "

Agreed . I just avoid any threads that I feel are toxic.

But how do know that?

You get to see the pattern unfold, simple as that.

But it's not that simple and to tar people with a brush is really unfair and is part of the problem what's going on in the forums at the moment assuming that people can't think for themselves just because they happen to agree with someone.

"

And as you say, making assumptions about people, which is never a good idea.

Just talk around me hahaha

Been mia for two weeks, so i can't say, although it seemed fine when I left

liverpool

"I haven't read the whole thread so I'll appologise for that now.

Yeah there's always a bit of crappy behaviour, messages saying I'm fat, ugly etc. But I tell you what, I snapped on here one evening a few weeks after my ectopic pregnancy ruptured during 1st lockdown. And I was flooded by support from those I speak to in personal messages, those only on the forum and those I never spoken to in my life and haven't since. Some of those were lovely ladies had experienced what I had and were bloody marvelous. So yeah you can look at all the bad but then you fail to see the positives. "

Leeds

I just realized I think I know the original poster ... :0 lol

It did escalate and went somewhere I wasn't expecting. Maybe my naivety with forums.

I wasn't sure if I know you or but you saying now makes me think lol.

No worries if I knew for certain it's none of my business so no one would here it from me."

These things usually do

Easy to resolve...

Big girl pants on

Sorted

"Just talk around me hahaha"

Sorry that wasn't my intention.

La la land

"Easy to resolve...

Big girl pants on

Sorted

"

They're the only kind of pants that fit my big arse

"Easy to resolve...

Big girl pants on

Sorted

"

Have to say you are assuming that this is a problem just for women. Women do tend to be more vocal in the forums in my opinion in general.

Leeds

"Easy to resolve...

Big girl pants on

Sorted

"

I prefer to say what I have to in person

"Easy to resolve...

Big girl pants on

Sorted

They're the only kind of pants that fit my big arse "

That made me chuckle, I couldn't wear snall girl pants if I tried.

Newcastle Under Lyme

------+-

These things usually do "

I'll try to keep this in mind with any future threads & post if I make any lol

La la land

"Easy to resolve...

Big girl pants on

Sorted

That made me chuckle, I couldn't wear snall girl pants if I tried. "

My butt gobbles them up after 5 seconds

------+-

These things usually do

I'll try to keep this in mind with any future threads & post if I make any lol"

You don't need to keep it in mind just post as you see fit but often threads will go off on a tangent.

I have noticed over the months some people have lost their sense of humour, never spent so much time on the naughty step

Leeds

------+-

These things usually do

I'll try to keep this in mind with any future threads & post if I make any lol"

You'll get used to it

"Easy to resolve...

Big girl pants on

Sorted

That made me chuckle, I couldn't wear snall girl pants if I tried.

My butt gobbles them up after 5 seconds "

And mine. Ive just joined the gym now so maybe I should aim for slightly smaller pants.

It's how society is at the moment. We've just gone through several polarising issues: Brexit, Trump, and now similar factions are in play with Covid.

Pretty much any post on here or social media is hijacked by people shoehorning in their own agenda.

Unfortunately a lot of susceptible people have been manipulated by projects like Cambridge Analytica etc and that has bled further into society.

I remember being told by a politics lecturer that polarisation through history is like a jellyfish swimming, going out to the extremes before returning to the centre. Not sure if the current extreme cycle will return though as it all seems pretty unstable.

"I have noticed over the months some people have lost their sense of humour, never spent so much time on the naughty step "

Do you know what I think you are right I think some (me included) have all lost our sense of humour a bit and maybe are just a bit more sensitive because the world has gone to shit.

"Easy to resolve...

Big girl pants on

Sorted

Have to say you are assuming that this is a problem just for women. Women do tend to be more vocal in the forums in my opinion in general."

No I'm assuming women would sort it. The fellas look on and maybe do something else whilst it unravels.....

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I always find these threads amusing. It's always 'them'...

"Easy to resolve...

Big girl pants on

Sorted

I prefer to say what I have to in person "

Well if that can't happen - there is always private messaging...

Or taking a break from the forums ..

Just a suggestion

Midlands

Ladies just oil up and wrestle, I'll masturbate on the sidelines

Leeds

"I have noticed over the months some people have lost their sense of humour, never spent so much time on the naughty step "

I haven't been on it for a while, I must be slipping

Leeds

"Easy to resolve...

Big girl pants on

Sorted

Just a suggestion"

Ignoring the drama works for me as they say Ignorance is bliss

King's Crustacean

"Easy to resolve...

Big girl pants on

Sorted

Just a suggestion

Ignoring the drama works for me as they say Ignorance is bliss "

We call her SEAT

"Easy to resolve...

Big girl pants on

Sorted

Just a suggestion

Ignoring the drama works for me as they say Ignorance is bliss "

....but are you?

Just ya'll you shut it, form an orderly queue and shag me till i shut the fuck up. ...

How does that grab you? !!

It seems the same as it ever was. My messages from people tend to only ever be friendly. I tend to ignore the worst of the forum antics unless I see something particulary ridiculous that cannot, not be commented on. I usually realise after that, that it is a lot of faceless infighting that feels a little silly and it is wise to log out for a day or two and get some real perspective back.

Leeds

"Easy to resolve...

Big girl pants on

Sorted

Just a suggestion

....but are you?

"

Haven't I? I've answered the OP's question and replied to a couple more....totally ignored it as I can't be arsed with it.

"Easy to resolve...

Big girl pants on

Sorted

Just a suggestion

....but are you?

Haven't I? I've answered the OP's question and replied to a couple more....totally ignored it as I can't be arsed with it."

Ok sweet....

"It seems the same as it ever was. My messages from people tend to only ever be friendly. I tend to ignore the worst of the forum antics unless I see something particulary ridiculous that cannot, not be commented on. I usually realise after that, that it is a lot of faceless infighting that feels a little silly and it is wise to log out for a day or two and get some real perspective back. "

"Easy to resolve...

Big girl pants on

Sorted

Just a suggestion

....but are you?

Haven't I? I've answered the OP's question and replied to a couple more....totally ignored it as I can't be arsed with it."

The way in which you answered mostly screamed, as often your posts have done recently, of throwing down an accusatory grenade and then stoking the resulting fire by claiming not to be acting thus.

By *haron1701DTV/TS  over a year ago

ormskirk

I've only just started using forum, tbh this is my first post (unless I've posted previously and forgotten about it) so I'm not in a position to say if it's changed or not. Time will tell. Xx

Leeds

"Easy to resolve...

Big girl pants on

Sorted

Just a suggestion

....but are you?

Haven't I? I've answered the OP's question and replied to a couple more....totally ignored it as I can't be arsed with it.

The way in which you answered mostly screamed, as often your posts have done recently, of throwing down an accusatory grenade and then stoking the resulting fire by claiming not to be acting thus."

Thanks for your opinion.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Just have some time away if you feel the place is pissing you off. It’s easy

Fuck

La la land

"I've only just started using forum, tbh this is my first post (unless I've posted previously and forgotten about it) so I'm not in a position to say if it's changed or not. Time will tell. Xx "

Hello, glad you've posted for the first time

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

The forums do change from time to time. I think right now the frustrations of the real world are affecting the forums.

Also times change. Things that would have been laughed about 10 plus years ago now may not be acceptable.

I do think that just lately there is a lot of tension but it's a stressful time just now

King's Crustacean

"I've only just started using forum, tbh this is my first post (unless I've posted previously and forgotten about it) so I'm not in a position to say if it's changed or not. Time will tell. Xx "

Welcome Sharon Newbies always a bonus ..

Welcome to the forum

Paradise, Herts

"Just have some time away if you feel the place is pissing you off. It’s easy "

Or get Mr M to show his boing . It’s very therapeutic

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I think the forums are pretty much the same as they ever were. (Although they did get a bit weird deep into lockdown). It’s easy to allow what’s going on in our own lives and how happy we are and read that into the forums. It’s a mixture of confirmation bias and projection.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

"Just have some time away if you feel the place is pissing you off. It’s easy

Or get Mr M to show his boing . It’s very therapeutic "

It’s hidden away

I have to agree. There is definitely a negative vibe. Personally i wouldve thought people would generally be happier now that we are relatively more free to meet etc.

However, in real life people seem to be more chatty. Shoreditch, on the weekends especially, is lively with loads of pleasant people having a good time. The ladies are alot more polite too.

La la land

[Removed by poster at 30/07/21 15:36:31]

King's Crustacean

"I think the forums are pretty much the same as they ever were. (Although they did get a bit weird deep into lockdown). It’s easy to allow what’s going on in our own lives and how happy we are and read that into the forums. It’s a mixture of confirmation bias and projection. "

I don't think they are the same Vine. They are quite lacklustre of late. I don't go for all this toxic/nicey shite as if the forum creates it. It is either started by one or more or felt by one or more ..... then they think that everyone else can feel it and make great attempt to make everyone feel the same.... but it's never them ...

This isn't about you Vine... it's to everyone.

If you are feeling negative go and do something else. Look after yourself but don't keep saying it's 'others' .

By *wistedTooCouple  over a year ago

Frimley

Dunno about on here but we’ve had people from Fab message us on Facebook lol. It’s a bit strange to go seeking people out to message.. hah.

Paradise, Herts

"Just have some time away if you feel the place is pissing you off. It’s easy

Or get Mr M to show his boing . It’s very therapeutic

It’s hidden away "

Damn . I can share my copy

La la land

"Dunno about on here but we’ve had people from Fab message us on Facebook lol. It’s a bit strange to go seeking people out to message.. hah."

What the heck!!!! That would freak me out

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

[Removed by poster at 30/07/21 15:41:04]

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

"I think the forums are pretty much the same as they ever were. (Although they did get a bit weird deep into lockdown). It’s easy to allow what’s going on in our own lives and how happy we are and read that into the forums. It’s a mixture of confirmation bias and projection.

I don't think they are the same Vine. They are quite lacklustre of late. I don't go for all this toxic/nicey shite as if the forum creates it. It is either started by one or more or felt by one or more ..... then they think that everyone else can feel it and make great attempt to make everyone feel the same.... but it's never them ...

This isn't about you Vine... it's to everyone.

If you are feeling negative go and do something else. Look after yourself but don't keep saying it's 'others' .

"

I agree about it being lacklustre. But I haven’t picked up on significantly more nastiness. But then again I’m selective as to which threads I read and haven’t been on as regularly recently.

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

The forum atmosphere for me tends to go in a negative direction when some people seem to tailor there personality to fit the topic of a thread, you see multiple versions of people when there ‘trying to fit in’ often the ones proclaiming to ignore things are the very cause of said drama in the first instance

There also seems to be people who think it’s ok to say you can or can’t do XYZ like there’s some kind of fab rule book, just leave people be we are all here for different reasons but I expect for most its fun, and escape from the real world for a bit and that’s exactly how it should be!

Just be you, and rise above the negativity

Yes the newbies joining especially the( so called straight) single men