FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > When friends pass on

When friends pass on

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

And their kids reach out to you for memories.

Bit of a tearful evening here. An old friend died a little while back and his daughter reached out for photos and memories so how could I refuse? They read out the eulogies from the far flung at his wake, but the thing that has broken me is that she's printed my pics of him on canvas as mementoes for the home.

I'd never have imagined those photos being that, a fond memory, because you never do imagine that, but I'm now so glad I took them and that she'll have a reminder of her dad, my friend and a wonderful human being who enriched the lives of those he touched.

I'm in fucking bits just thinking about it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My heart goes out to you

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

By *ildblonde69Woman  over a year ago

south west

Big hugs

"My heart goes out to you "

Thanks. They're happy bits, because at least I was able to record some of the moments Tom, my mate, was in his element, playing his music and enjoying it. That's what life is about and how a life well lived should be remembered.

I'm just so humbled that my memories should mean so much to his daughter and so glad that they're something to help remember him.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"My heart goes out to you

Thanks. They're happy bits, because at least I was able to record some of the moments Tom, my mate, was in his element, playing his music and enjoying it. That's what life is about and how a life well lived should be remembered.

I'm just so humbled that my memories should mean so much to his daughter and so glad that they're something to help remember him. "

Absolutely... little did you know at the time how valuable they'd be. Just shows our actions reach further than we realise and we can touch people deeply and profoundly.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

That's such a wonderful thing you've been able to give his daughter. Something she may never otherwise have seen of her dad.

So sorry for your loss.

"Absolutely... little did you know at the time how valuable they'd be. Just shows our actions reach further than we realise and we can touch people deeply and profoundly."

I work in photography and it's sort of a trope that pictures are memories, but times like this you realise they really are. That image of somebody being who they are, doing what they love, will one day have value beyond what you ever imagined. That it can have that value for somebody else blows my mind.

» Add a new message to this topic