FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > It used to be.. Rant

It used to be.. Rant

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

So simple, put 50p in the ticket machine, put ticket on car...

For tour benefit they have improved the service...

No it doesn't take cash any more.. Type in your reg number... But no.. Not a Well lit keypad conveniently located at eye level, but at a dark, micro sized button key pad at knee level so you have to squat down... In the rain.. In the dark.. Have to get your mobile out to light the keypad so you can type your number in... Now pay with credit card, Where's the slot? Where do I enter my pin? Too slow...timed out..

Start again... Phone in one hand, credit card in the other..

Next installment... Seeing a Dr.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

I don't want to spoil the surprise but some places are contactless now, don't need a pin and some don't need a card either, do it all on your phone

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I've caved and downloaded RingGo. I really don't like having stuff like that on my phone but the alternatives left me wondering if I should only visit places accessible by public transport or on foot such were the obstacles to obtaining a simple parking space.

I await the seeing a Dr episode with something bordering on glee. I have points to make

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

Come on. They don't want to make it simple. They don't make their money through those payments. They make it through penalty charges.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Come on. They don't want to make it simple. They don't make their money through those payments. They make it through penalty charges. "

Ooo good point.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hahaaaaaaa I had this pain this morning!! only wanted tenderstem brocolli.... And i got a weeks long therapist emergency call out due to that wanky parking machine!!

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I have a parking app.

Touch it and park.

I go dogging in car parks.

Park and touch it.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"I go dogging in car parks.

Park and touch it."

Is it your own tho ?

By *ackformore100 OP   Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I've caved and downloaded RingGo. I really don't like having stuff like that on my phone but the alternatives left me wondering if I should only visit places accessible by public transport or on foot such were the obstacles to obtaining a simple parking space.

I await the seeing a Dr episode with something bordering on glee. I have points to make "

OK, well... I'll digress instead to trying to do a bit of exercise instead...

Now, I have a rather nice sports centre near me... I used to go quite a lot. I'd call them to see if the pool was open, they'd actually answer the phone, id Park (see above) walk into to reception "one for swimming please" "that will be 3 pounds please" "thank you" and off I'd splash.

Having sat on my fat arse for 18 months I decided I'd best get exercising... So I drove to the sports centre to swim..parked the car (see above... Oh and if you get it wrong by the way its a 100 quid fine).

"is the pool open?"

"have you booked?"

"no, do I have to?"

"yes you have to book"

"but I'm here and the pools there can't I just pay you"

"no you have to book first"

"OK... How do I book"

"are you a member?"

"no"

"first you have to register to be a member, then you need to bring in a utility bill to prove you're a local resident"

"errrr OK... Then can I book?"

"no then you need to download the app and book"

Having lost the appetite to swim by now I returned 2 weeks later having done the registration and the utility bill and the app and booked.

"one for swimming please"

"have you booked"

Proudly... "oh yes.. Look... Here it is on the app"

"that'll be 4.80 please"

Offering a 5 pound note in payment "here you go"

"oh no we don't take cash any more"

"but my cards at home"

"I'm afraid we can't take cash any more"...

It ain't easy to swim!

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

I went to use a machine that uses cash or card and as I didn't have cash on me, card it was.

So how does it work. "Enter the correct money to cover the duration required and press the green button"

Umm... I waved my card it it, pressed the button... Nothing.

In the end I found some loose coins and put them in and it stole the £1 without registering it and wouldn't return it.

I fucked off to a different car park and paid by phone.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I've caved and downloaded RingGo. I really don't like having stuff like that on my phone but the alternatives left me wondering if I should only visit places accessible by public transport or on foot such were the obstacles to obtaining a simple parking space.

I await the seeing a Dr episode with something bordering on glee. I have points to make

Now, I have a rather nice sports centre near me... I used to go quite a lot. I'd call them to see if the pool was open, they'd actually answer the phone, id Park (see above) walk into to reception "one for swimming please" "that will be 3 pounds please" "thank you" and off I'd splash.

Having sat on my fat arse for 18 months I decided I'd best get exercising... So I drove to the sports centre to swim..parked the car (see above... Oh and if you get it wrong by the way its a 100 quid fine).

"is the pool open?"

"have you booked?"

"no, do I have to?"

"yes you have to book"

"OK... How do I book"

"are you a member?"

"no"

"first you have to register to be a member, then you need to bring in a utility bill to prove you're a local resident"

Having lost the appetite to swim by now I returned 2 weeks later having done the registration and the utility bill and the app and booked.

"have you booked"

"that'll be 4.80 please"

"but my cards at home"

It ain't easy to swim! "

I feel your pain.

I used to swim in the sea. When it was actually almost 100% seawater. It is now a high percentage untreated human effluent near us. Compensation for this is the ease of use of the various swimming pools round here. I was a bit perplexed by the payment options offered by one. A very helpful young woman offered me the option of £23 a month or to save money I could pay £300 per annum up front

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I await the seeing a Dr episode with something bordering on glee. I have points to make "

I parked in a RingGo park a while back. I tried to phone in but their system was screwed and it kept going round in circles. So I loaded up the coins in a meter and got a ticket in the old way - still got it.

Thereafter, every time I entered a RingGo park and tried to phone they told me I had not paid and must pay before I can park.

I called them and explained. They said I should pay up to clear it. I said I had paid so sue me! They didnt.

In the end I sold the car. What worries me is we trust these companies with our credit details?

It would be easier if there was just the one parking app. I've got 5 on my phone now, bloody pain.

Course then there's always that one car park that still takes cash, and give never any coins cos everything is contactless now...

I know why mostbcarparks do this, why you have To put you reg in. It's to stop people swapping tickets if they still have your or so still to go. The parking companies don't like to loose out.

I rarely pay the machines at Parking lots. Never gotten a ticket and only had one argument with a traffic warden

I'd much rather pay by card/phone than have to carry coins with me... Could you imagine

By *lofeldMan  over a year ago

Redhill

"is the pool open?"

"have you booked?"

"no, do I have to?"

"yes you have to book"

"OK... How do I book"

"are you a member?"

"no"

"have you booked"

"that'll be 4.80 please"

"but my cards at home"

It ain't easy to swim!

I feel your pain.

I used to swim in the sea. When it was actually almost 100% seawater. It is now a high percentage untreated human effluent near us. Compensation for this is the ease of use of the various swimming pools round here. I was a bit perplexed by the payment options offered by one. A very helpful young woman offered me the option of £23 a month or to save money I could pay £300 per annum up front "

How competitive! That business will go far...

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I parked in a RingGo park a while back. I tried to phone in but their system was screwed and it kept going round in circles. So I loaded up the coins in a meter and got a ticket in the old way - still got it.

Thereafter, every time I entered a RingGo park and tried to phone they told me I had not paid and must pay before I can park.

I called them and explained. They said I should pay up to clear it. I said I had paid so sue me! They didnt.

In the end I sold the car. What worries me is we trust these companies with our credit details? "

It's a concern isn't it. I never ring I just press buttons on my phone until there aren't any more to press

» Add a new message to this topic