FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I Finally Did It!

I Finally Did It!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heVonMatterhorns OP   Couple  over a year ago

Lincoln

It only took about a month, a lot of swearing, a few trips to A&E, and some more swearing but my God I finally did it!

The downstairs radiators are now hot again

So tell me ladies and gents, what have you done recently that you're proud of?

LvM

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I reached a huge personal milestone on my road to not being a fat bloke, I’m now the fittest, sorta fat bloke I know.

Lincoln

"I reached a huge personal milestone on my road to not being a fat bloke, I’m now the fittest, sorta fat bloke I know. "

Good effort! What's your weapon of choice, running, cycling?

LvM

"I reached a huge personal milestone on my road to not being a fat bloke, I’m now the fittest, sorta fat bloke I know.

LvM"

Resistance training for strength, cycling (road&indoor), and indoor rowing for endurance. Combined with a cast iron SOB coach

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

What was it

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

Yay well done you! You should be proud of that feat LVM, it's not an easy one to accomplish.

I'm proud of myself for fitting into a smaller bra - I treated myself to some on Black Friday and I'm down a back size (not cup, don't worry). And I didn't make muffins today even though I was sorely tempted when I found some dried cranberries in the pantry.

I've recently driven on the motorway on my own. I love driving but I'm happy to avoid motorways. I had a Dr appointment in Preston (2.5 hours away, yes - that goes to show how great our Dr's are up here) and Mr refused to come so I had to put my big girl pants on and go alone.

I actually enjoyed the 6 hours or so of peace

By *rMojoRisinMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

I smiled yesterday afternoon, on the inside, first time in a long while.

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"I smiled yesterday afternoon, on the inside, first time in a long while. "

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

Lincoln

"I reached a huge personal milestone on my road to not being a fat bloke, I’m now the fittest, sorta fat bloke I know.

LvM

Resistance training for strength, cycling (road&indoor), and indoor rowing for endurance. Combined with a cast iron SOB coach "

You sound like a bit of a machine man!

LvM

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Not going to seem impressive but I recently weighed myself and put on 8kg since the start of the year

Lincoln

"What was it"

As in how did I fix it? I'm not 100% sure, I think the rads just took pity on me after all this time

LvM

STOKE ON TRENT

"What was it

As in how did I fix it? I'm not 100% sure, I think the rads just took pity on me after all this time

LvM"

What was broken

Lincoln

"Yay well done you! You should be proud of that feat LVM, it's not an easy one to accomplish.

I'm proud of myself for fitting into a smaller bra - I treated myself to some on Black Friday and I'm down a back size (not cup, don't worry). And I didn't make muffins today even though I was sorely tempted when I found some dried cranberries in the pantry."

Oh I am

Go you Meli! Is the muffin making a bad thing? I'd be happy to take them off your hands if you feel the urge to bake in the future

LvM

Lincoln

"I've recently driven on the motorway on my own. I love driving but I'm happy to avoid motorways. I had a Dr appointment in Preston (2.5 hours away, yes - that goes to show how great our Dr's are up here) and Mr refused to come so I had to put my big girl pants on and go alone.

I actually enjoyed the 6 hours or so of peace "

That's a hell of a drive for an appointment Mrs Apples Glad to hear you made the trip safely and conquered those motorways

LvM

Lincoln

That's great man Something repeatable or a random moment on the street?

LvM

Lincoln

"Not going to seem impressive but I recently weighed myself and put on 8kg since the start of the year "

That's impressive, I tried and failed for years to put on weight Good effort!

LvM

LvM

Resistance training for strength, cycling (road&indoor), and indoor rowing for endurance. Combined with a cast iron SOB coach

LvM"

I have to be, it was a choice between that or the grim reaper no longer tapping in my shoulder, but dragging me off.

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

I parallel parked and there were no tears!

STOKE ON TRENT

I'm confused what have you done

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

"Not going to seem impressive but I recently weighed myself and put on 8kg since the start of the year

That's impressive, I tried and failed for years to put on weight Good effort!

LvM"

I tried on and off for years now but really tried putting mind to it and pleased to see the results

Lincoln

LvM

LvM

I have to be, it was a choice between that or the grim reaper no longer tapping in my shoulder, but dragging me off. "

Well good job for giving him a good whack in the jaw instead

LvM

Lincoln

"I parallel parked and there were no tears! "

It doesn't count if the street's empty Jamie Well done! And people say women can't drive

LvM

By *rMojoRisinMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"I smiled yesterday afternoon, on the inside, first time in a long while.

That's great man Something repeatable or a random moment on the street?

LvM"

Just a happy moment, I’ve got a week off and work stress is melting away.

Lincoln

"I'm confused what have you done "

Created a jumping off point for a thread and fixed the cold downstairs radiators.

LvM

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

"I parallel parked and there were no tears!

It doesn't count if the street's empty Jamie Well done! And people say women can't drive

LvM"

The space was big enough for two cars so technically I parked in two spaces so double the achievement!

STOKE ON TRENT

"I'm confused what have you done

Created a jumping off point for a thread and fixed the cold downstairs radiators.

LvM"

Xxx

By *nabelle21Woman  over a year ago

B38

Well done you!

That must have been a whole lot of satisfaction once you'd finally done it.

A trip to A&E what did you do?

I have finally managed to sort out my wardrobe. Although, not all clothes meant for the charity bag ended up in it!

Lincoln

LvM

The space was big enough for two cars so technically I parked in two spaces so double the achievement! "

Baby steps

LvM

On Saturday I finally got a friend to say "I am beautiful". She has had such a tough time this year.

B38

LvM

The space was big enough for two cars so technically I parked in two spaces so double the achievement! "

Lincoln

"Well done you!

That must have been a whole lot of satisfaction once you'd finally done it.

A trip to A&E what did you do?

I have finally managed to sort out my wardrobe. Although, not all clothes meant for the charity bag ended up in it!"

Oh it was, especially with the weather being what it is The ospital was for a suspected slipped disc... turns out I'm getting old

I can imagine that was quite the task Don't worry about it, I'm sure they'll make it on the next clear out

LvM

I spoke to a counsellor and asked for help. I'm proud of myself for finally having the strength to deal with things.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

"Yay well done you! You should be proud of that feat LVM, it's not an easy one to accomplish.

I'm proud of myself for fitting into a smaller bra - I treated myself to some on Black Friday and I'm down a back size (not cup, don't worry). And I didn't make muffins today even though I was sorely tempted when I found some dried cranberries in the pantry.

Oh I am

Go you Meli! Is the muffin making a bad thing? I'd be happy to take them off your hands if you feel the urge to bake in the future

LvM"

They're a very bad thing!

My muffins are all yours.

I cleared the cupboard shelf in the living room that has been knee deep in junk.. So proud of myself

Lincoln

"On Saturday I finally got a friend to say "I am beautiful". She has had such a tough time this year. "

You're a good friend

LvM

Lincoln

"I spoke to a counsellor and asked for help. I'm proud of myself for finally having the strength to deal with things."

Lincoln

Oh I am

LvM

They're a very bad thing!

My muffins are all yours. "

Oh you sweetheart, do they need icing?

LvM

Lincoln

"I cleared the cupboard shelf in the living room that has been knee deep in junk.. So proud of myself "

Might I suggest not standing on your shelves to measure things with your leg, seems unsafe Sounds like a satisfying result all the same

LvM

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"I spoke to a counsellor and asked for help. I'm proud of myself for finally having the strength to deal with things."

Quit a job and commute that was killing me.

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

I reached my toes while stretching, sitting down with legs out in front of me. Thanks to Pilates, it’s the first time in my adult life that I have been able to do this.

"I reached my toes while stretching, sitting down with legs out in front of me. Thanks to Pilates, it’s the first time in my adult life that I have been able to do this. "

I can bend over legs straight and touch the floor with the palms of my hands

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Finished the first full draft of my uni assignment tonight

Incredibly courageous

Finally started Pole dancing and been loving it. I know it’s silly but yeah, it’s really making me happy learning new things

Front hook to back hook to fairy sit spin was learnt today and, you know what… my teacher is amazing and she made me feel well proud of myself and my own body

For years I was told I was worthless by my mum and I suppose I thought I was as she would control everything I did including undermine me with my son as she saw him as hers and not mine.

Since July I have sat exams for various things, passed them all and have started my own pet business, she has been left to eat her words and we haven't spoken since except a bitchy text I received when I was on holiday (she thought she would ruin it but didn't).

The miserable self absorbed cow and I no longer have anything to do with each other

B38

"For years I was told I was worthless by my mum and I suppose I thought I was as she would control everything I did including undermine me with my son as she saw him as hers and not mine.

Since July I have sat exams for various things, passed them all and have started my own pet business, she has been left to eat her words and we haven't spoken since except a bitchy text I received when I was on holiday (she thought she would ruin it but didn't).

The miserable self absorbed cow and I no longer have anything to do with each other "

Congrats on passing your exams and the new business.

When relationships become as toxic as that sounds, I think you're best out of it.

B38

"Finally started Pole dancing and been loving it. I know it’s silly but yeah, it’s really making me happy learning new things

Front hook to back hook to fairy sit spin was learnt today and, you know what… my teacher is amazing and she made me feel well proud of myself and my own body "

That looks quite difficult to do...I wouldn't mind being able to do it. I just about managed q 'twirl' around a pole at a club in Leeds

By *he Regina PhalangeWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"I reached my toes while stretching, sitting down with legs out in front of me. Thanks to Pilates, it’s the first time in my adult life that I have been able to do this.

I can bend over legs straight and touch the floor with the palms of my hands "

I can do that if my legs are open.

"For years I was told I was worthless by my mum and I suppose I thought I was as she would control everything I did including undermine me with my son as she saw him as hers and not mine.

The miserable self absorbed cow and I no longer have anything to do with each other

When relationships become as toxic as that sounds, I think you're best out of it."

Sounds rather like my mother too

B38

When relationships become as toxic as that sounds, I think you're best out of it.

Sounds rather like my mother too "

I think of my daughter and I'd hate it if I made her feel that way. It can't be nice, at all to experience that from your mom x

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

I made my first ever home made sticky toffee pudding and it was fucking yummy.

I also baked my first ever Christmas cake

B38

"I made my first ever home made sticky toffee pudding and it was fucking yummy.

I also baked my first ever Christmas cake "

I could eat the sticky toffee pudding and custard, right now...heaven

I think of my daughter and I'd hate it if I made her feel that way. It can't be nice, at all to experience that from your mom x"

Yeah pretty much like that other lady. I grew up listening to my mum telling me I was stupid, not to speak unless spoken to, belittling and laughing at me in front of people. That sort of thing sticks. She didn't want me going anywhere, didn't want me having friends. I won't bore you with any more lol. If it wasn't for my dad still being here, I'd walk away from her. I don't have the energy anymore x

B38

I think of my daughter and I'd hate it if I made her feel that way. It can't be nice, at all to experience that from your mom x

Yeah pretty much like that other lady. I grew up listening to my mum telling me I was stupid, not to speak unless spoken to, belittling and laughing at me in front of people. That sort of thing sticks. She didn't want me going anywhere, didn't want me having friends. I won't bore you with any more lol. If it wasn't for my dad still being here, I'd walk away from her. I don't have the energy anymore x"

I can only imagine how bad would have been x

Yeah pretty much like that other lady. I grew up listening to my mum telling me I was stupid, not to speak unless spoken to, belittling and laughing at me in front of people. That sort of thing sticks. She didn't want me going anywhere, didn't want me having friends. I won't bore you with any more lol. If it wasn't for my dad still being here, I'd walk away from her. I don't have the energy anymore x

I can only imagine how bad would have been x

"

Her attitude is still the same to this day, in fact it's got worse as she's got older. It's that generation. Beggars belief as to why she had kids x

By *ot-AshMan  over a year ago

London

I didn't have my afternoon nap today and I'm not at all cranky..

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I caught up with a three week backlog in marking. Excitement all around

Broke 2000 miles walking today. Started june 2020.

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I ran 2 miles, for a girl who avoided pe like the plague at school, I’m very pleased with myself

My friends cat knocked her tv over and smashed it. Then she got made redundant while off sick! She couldn’t wire the tiny old tv up to replace it, so I went over to do that for her but bought a new one from Tesco on the way and have it for early Christmas

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"My friends cat knocked her tv over and smashed it. Then she got made redundant while off sick! She couldn’t wire the tiny old tv up to replace it, so I went over to do that for her but bought a new one from Tesco on the way and have it for early Christmas "

Awwwwww, how very wholesome. It's like I'm reading the plot of one of those Hallmark Christmas films

I grown a beard and stuck though the awkward patchy phase. (It's not much of an achievement, granted..)

but i might persevere for a few months and see if i grow it longer & plait it..like a dwarf character from lord of the rings..

"I grown a beard and stuck though the awkward patchy phase. (It's not much of an achievement, granted..)

but i might persevere for a few months and see if i grow it longer & plait it..like a dwarf character from lord of the rings.."

You look faintly like Éomer so stick at it!

"I grown a beard and stuck though the awkward patchy phase. (It's not much of an achievement, granted..)

but i might persevere for a few months and see if i grow it longer & plait it..like a dwarf character from lord of the rings..

You look faintly like Éomer so stick at it!"

"Finally started Pole dancing and been loving it. I know it’s silly but yeah, it’s really making me happy learning new things

Front hook to back hook to fairy sit spin was learnt today and, you know what… my teacher is amazing and she made me feel well proud of myself and my own body

That looks quite difficult to do...I wouldn't mind being able to do it. I just about managed q 'twirl' around a pole at a club in Leeds "

It does look kinda difficult but once you get the hang of it, it really isn’t ha

Tho I have to say the sit spin position was the hardest because of squeezing in the legs to hold yourself up. My calves and legs are killing me

Did you enjoy the twirl? did u spin fast?

B38

That looks quite difficult to do...I wouldn't mind being able to do it. I just about managed q 'twirl' around a pole at a club in Leeds

It does look kinda difficult but once you get the hang of it, it really isn’t ha

Tho I have to say the sit spin position was the hardest because of squeezing in the legs to hold yourself up. My calves and legs are killing me

Did you enjoy the twirl? did u spin fast? "

I bloody well did spin fast I wasn't expecting that! The pole wasn't fixed so it span so quickly and without much effort. Scared me a little, it was just that fast

B38

I bloody well did spin fast I wasn't expecting that! The pole wasn't fixed so it span so quickly and without much effort. Scared me a little, it was just that fast "

I bet you're gonna be really good at it. You look fit

By *uckslut and MCouple  over a year ago

Poole

I think of my daughter and I'd hate it if I made her feel that way. It can't be nice, at all to experience that from your mom x"

Some mothers don't deserve the title. I'm estranged from mine since I was 18. Only after I left home, I found out she was even worse than I thought and knew about. She only made one phone call to attempt to get me to go home.

By *oson-BlueCouple  over a year ago

North Kent

Well done, not an easy thing to do be kind to yourself and best of luck

Ms

I bloody well did spin fast I wasn't expecting that! The pole wasn't fixed so it span so quickly and without much effort. Scared me a little, it was just that fast "

Haha!! I started with a static and now we moved to the moving one (they switch every 4 weeks) ahha but I can imagine!! X

By *herry OnatopWoman  over a year ago

Just over there

"Not going to seem impressive but I recently weighed myself and put on 8kg since the start of the year "

I'm impressed! I know what a struggle it is for our body types! 8kg is amazing! It's keeping it on that's the tricky part!

B38

Some mothers don't deserve the title. I'm estranged from mine since I was 18. Only after I left home, I found out she was even worse than I thought and knew about. She only made one phone call to attempt to get me to go home."

Some mothers really don't deserve the title x

Adjusted the handbrake on a car that failed it's MOT.

This is the second car I've done this on, so proud that I can recognise the same fault and fix it on different makes and models.

"I reached a huge personal milestone on my road to not being a fat bloke, I’m now the fittest, sorta fat bloke I know. "

Love that

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

The garden gate was looking shabby and had been for years. I finally got my act together to put it right. Fixed loose panels, proper prep work and finally painted all wood and the metal parts. Looks like new!

Thanks guys. It means a lot, I love her but I hate her, she absolutely hates my hubby but he thinks it's out of fear as she doesn't like people standing up to her and he is one that won't take shit, he is much like CM Punk in that he has no filter between mouth and brain

"What was it"

Turned the valve on

» Add a new message to this topic