FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > I'm thinking of doing something for the first time

I'm thinking of doing something for the first time

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Life's too short for movie sequels. Or if you prefer, film sequels. I'm seriously considering never watching a sequel ever again as my new year's resolution. And I've never done a new year's resolution!

Over Christmas I watched John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum. John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum is nearly 2 and a ½ hours long, that's an hour too long. I like watching John Wick shooting his weapon at people and doodling with a HB pencil. But let's not give John a plot for goodness sakes.

Another film I watched over Christmas, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. Good film, good film. But, it's essentially the same film as Home Alone. But without the same charm. That's what happens when Donald Trump shows up.

A couple of months ago I watched the ¹st ³ Rambo films. I enjoyed them. Even Rambo III. But that's mainly because Rambo's mate looks like Mo Salah. The best Rambo film, the first one.

Movie sequels, they're rubbish, right?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

They’re not the greatest. I felt the same about the John Wick sequels.

By *mily36CWoman  over a year ago

Bedford... (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

Curious ... I watched The Kingsman Secret Circle (sequel) and plain awful ... but the prequel currently at the cinema was on a level with the original...

So you ruling out prequels too??!

"Curious ... I watched The Kingsman Secret Circle (sequel) and plain awful ... but the prequel currently at the cinema was on a level with the original...

So you ruling out prequels too??! "

Is on a level good?

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

Terminator 2, better. Thread closed

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

The Toy Story sequels are on a par with the original

"Terminator 2, better. Thread closed "

I haven't seen The Terminator or Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

By *mily36CWoman  over a year ago

Bedford... (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

"Curious ... I watched The Kingsman Secret Circle (sequel) and plain awful ... but the prequel currently at the cinema was on a level with the original...

Is on a level good?"

I'd say so ... on a level is a match ...a match is always a good thing if it was a good thing to match...

By *r SproutMan  over a year ago

the middle somewhere

I’ve watched all the avengers films in order this Christmas. Would this be in the same category?

"The Toy Story sequels are on a par with the original"

They are good. As enjoyable Toy Story? Could you have just watched Toy Story and then gotten on with your life without watching the sequels. You could have gone to Dudley Castle instead.

Is on a level good?

I'd say so ... on a level is a match ...a match is always a good thing if it was a good thing to match... "

I'm glad you enjoyed it, it is a prequel though.

I'm going to chuck all the back to the future films in the ring

"I’ve watched all the avengers films in order this Christmas. Would this be in the same category?"

I think the first Avengers film is a crossover sequel to multiple films!

"I'm going to chuck all the back to the future films in the ring "

How you choose to spend New Year's Eve is your business.

Prefer Terminator. 2 was a parody.

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"The Toy Story sequels are on a par with the original

They are good. As enjoyable Toy Story? Could you have just watched Toy Story and then gotten on with your life without watching the sequels. You could have gone to Dudley Castle instead."

2 and 3 were as enjoyable I'd say. Plus I've been to Dudley zoo and castle more than once already thanks. It's a lot cheaper and warmer to watch a film

"The Toy Story sequels are on a par with the original

They are good. As enjoyable Toy Story? Could you have just watched Toy Story and then gotten on with your life without watching the sequels. You could have gone to Dudley Castle instead.

2 and 3 were as enjoyable I'd say. Plus I've been to Dudley zoo and castle more than once already thanks. It's a lot cheaper and warmer to watch a film "

Fair do's.

Shrek II proves you wrong

"Shrek II proves you wrong "

Not if I haven't seen a Shrek film it doesn't.

"I'm going to chuck all the back to the future films in the ring

How you choose to spend New Year's Eve is your business."

Haha

"Shrek II proves you wrong

Not if I haven't seen a Shrek film it doesn't. "

Shame!

Shame! "

I always thought the Shrek films look bloody awful.

By *asterandGenieCouple  over a year ago

Norfolk

"Life's too short for movie sequels. Or if you prefer, film sequels. I'm seriously considering never watching a sequel ever again as my new year's resolution. And I've never done a new year's resolution!

Over Christmas I watched John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum. John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum is nearly 2 and a ½ hours long, that's an hour too long. I like watching John Wick shooting his weapon at people and doodling with a HB pencil. But let's not give John a plot for goodness sakes.

Another film I watched over Christmas, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York. Good film, good film. But, it's essentially the same film as Home Alone. But without the same charm. That's what happens when Donald Trump shows up.

A couple of months ago I watched the ¹st ³ Rambo films. I enjoyed them. Even Rambo III. But that's mainly because Rambo's mate looks like Mo Salah. The best Rambo film, the first one.

Movie sequels, they're rubbish, right?"

John Wick was good others seem too long and yes no plot

By *imbobaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Aliens 2. Thread closed again.

[Removed by poster at 31/12/21 19:44:56]

"[Scene cut by poster at 31/12/21 19:44:56]"

By *orksRockerMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I have always LOVED the original Blade Runner... But 2049 was better and expanded on themes on the first.

Not saying that is always true as Aliens was excellent and a worthy sequel that also expanded, but I still prefer Alien.

"Terminator 2, better. Thread closed

Aliens 2. Thread closed again. "

You can't close this thread, it's the director's cut.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I don't think I've watched a sequel since Speed 2 when I remember thinking this is the same thing except on a train (I think).

She prefers buses. ^

The Bride of Frankenstein, The Empire Strikes Back and Sweeney 2 were better than their predecessors.

"I don't think I've watched a sequel since Speed 2 when I remember thinking this is the same thing except on a train (I think)."

How can you confuse a train with a boat?!

"Life's too short for movie sequels. Or if you prefer, film sequels. I'm seriously considering never watching a sequel ever again as my new year's resolution. And I've never done a new year's resolution!

I first saw Star Wars in a cinema in Llandudno sometime in the late 1977s.

Hope that helps.......

Maybe you should just download Blendr, watch a handful of youtube tutorials, then complain the fuck out of it because you can't get the software to do as you want?

Aliens 2. Thread closed again. "

The Dark Knight. Thread triple closed

Lethal weapon 2 was better than the prequel.

For a few dollars more was better than a fistful ….

Just my opinions.

I first saw Star Wars in a cinema in Llandudno sometime in the late 1977s.

Hope that helps.......

"

I missed the sequels to 1977.

Shame!

I always thought the Shrek films look bloody awful."

Haha I enjoyed them. I do like a good family movie. Just give it 15 min of your life. If you don't enjoy the first 15 min just turn it off.

Maybe you should just download Blendr, watch a handful of youtube tutorials, then complain the fuck out of it because you can't get the software to do as you want?"

I've got nothing better to do. Especially with all this extra time on my hands because of not watching sequels.

Yes totally agree also remakes , they just don’t work ( just our opinion)

Aliens 2. Thread closed again.

The Dark Knight. Thread triple closed "

It's a director's cut!

"Lethal weapon 2 was better than the prequel.

For a few dollars more was better than a fistful ….

Just my opinions. "

I've never seen a Lethal Weapon.

Shame!

I always thought the Shrek films look bloody awful.

Haha I enjoyed them. I do like a good family movie. Just give it 15 min of your life. If you don't enjoy the first 15 min just turn it off. "

I'll just watch fifteen minutes of Shrek.

Yes totally agree also remakes , they just don’t work ( just our opinion) "

Don't get me started on remakes.

Terminator 2.

Empire Strikes Back.

Toy story films.

Godfather Part 2.

Aliens.

Dark Knight.

Lego Batman. (more a spin off than a sequel, but still the point stands)

All excellent! If you haven't seen them, watch the first and then watch them. Awesome!

"Don't get me started on remakes."

Django Unchained

A Few Dollars More

The Magnificent Seven

Etc etc

"Don't get me started on remakes.

Django Unchained

A Few Dollars More

The Magnificent Seven

Etc etc "

Alright, Barry Norman.

I might make an exception if there's ever Nude Nuns with Big Guns 2: Check Out Our Bullets.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

Spider-Man - No way home… easily the best live action Spider-Man film and is the 3rd MCU spidey film

Spider-Man - No way home… easily the best live action Spider-Man film and is the 3rd MCU spidey film

"

Does Spiderman make it back home? Or does he spent the night in a Travelodge wondering what the thing at the end of the bed is?

Does Spiderman make it back home? Or does he spent the night in a Travelodge wondering what the thing at the end of the bed is?"

Made me giggle

» Add a new message to this topic