FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Meet the boyfriend

Meet the boyfriend

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nabelle21 OP   Woman  over a year ago

B38

I was just thinking about my nan, and the first time she met my then partner.

I remember this dot of a woman telling him in no uncertain terms that if he messed me around then he'd have her to deal with!

Bless her

My dad was not a very politically correct type of guy and I had to make him promise to 'behave' before meeting him.

We met dad at a pub where I bought him a whisky beforehand to 'chill' him out.

I was so nervous!

Do you remember the first time you introduced your partner to your family and did it all go to plan.

Like me was you nervous?

Or, meeting your kids partners...did the kids forewarn you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Awwww your gran!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't remember it was that long ago. I do remember my dad coming down stairs in his stripey pyjamas on many a Saturday evening though

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

I do remember the first time my quite shy fiancé met my family - I spent the car journey trying to warn him that my family (I have many siblings) are rather loud, tactile, bit pretentious and fond of sarcasm and waffling.

I don't think he was quite prepared for the full force of them bless him - my sister took great delight in asking him 101 questions as they work in the same field, my mum gave him a massive hug when he offered a handshake that had him blushing. Then my oldest brother, all six foot four inches of him decided he was going to play dad and warn him not to fuck me around.

It wasn't too terrible clearly - the next day he suggested we look at a house to buy together.

By *rKnowMan  over a year ago

Bristol & Exeter

I have a related story, it’s not mine but worth sharing:

A former colleague, from the U.K., was in a relationship with a partner from Finland and as things got more serious they decided to travel to Finland for him to meet her family. He met her parents at their home and we’re getting on well. They announced later that day that there was a family sauna and he was going to meet some of the rest of the family. So, after a matter of only hours, he was getting naked in front of his partner’s parents. He was a bit nervous and was the last to go into the sauna. He went in to meet what turned out to be about 10 other members of her family for the first time, stark naked

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Wales

I brought a fella to my mums for tea one night and my Nan whispered to me (thankfully when he was out of the room) “can’t you do better than him?”.

Ummmm cheers Nan.

B38

"Awwww your gran! "

She was fiercely protective

B38

"I don't remember it was that long ago. I do remember my dad coming down stairs in his stripey pyjamas on many a Saturday evening though "

Bless him

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I have a related story, it’s not mine but worth sharing:

A former colleague, from the U.K., was in a relationship with a partner from Finland and as things got more serious they decided to travel to Finland for him to meet her family. He met her parents at their home and we’re getting on well. They announced later that day that there was a family sauna and he was going to meet some of the rest of the family. So, after a matter of only hours, he was getting naked in front of his partner’s parents. He was a bit nervous and was the last to go into the sauna. He went in to meet what turned out to be about 10 other members of her family for the first time, stark naked "

I can tell a similar story about my dad going to the onsen with my brother and his Japanese girlfriend

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I don't remember it was that long ago. I do remember my dad coming down stairs in his stripey pyjamas on many a Saturday evening though

Bless him "

I wouldn't have minded so much but he tucked the jacket in the trousers . It was a big incentive to behave

B38

"I do remember the first time my quite shy fiancé met my family - I spent the car journey trying to warn him that my family (I have many siblings) are rather loud, tactile, bit pretentious and fond of sarcasm and waffling.

I don't think he was quite prepared for the full force of them bless him - my sister took great delight in asking him 101 questions as they work in the same field, my mum gave him a massive hug when he offered a handshake that had him blushing. Then my oldest brother, all six foot four inches of him decided he was going to play dad and warn him not to fuck me around.

It wasn't too terrible clearly - the next day he suggested we look at a house to buy together. "

The mom sounds lovely and welcoming

That was some visit, Meli... with a new house coming from it

A former colleague, from the U.K., was in a relationship with a partner from Finland and as things got more serious they decided to travel to Finland for him to meet her family. He met her parents at their home and we’re getting on well. They announced later that day that there was a family sauna and he was going to meet some of the rest of the family. So, after a matter of only hours, he was getting naked in front of his partner’s parents. He was a bit nervous and was the last to go into the sauna. He went in to meet what turned out to be about 10 other members of her family for the first time, stark naked "

Were they naked too or were they wearing something? That would have been awkward

B38

Thanks for sharing

My dad never met any of my boyfriends, he died suddenly in 1986 when I was 18. But my eldest sister did meet a short term Aussie BF I had, he was lovely walked everywhere barefoot, I had horses, & had to go check on one at 11pm he came too barefoot through the mud, piss & poo…. Unfortunately he made the decision to go back to Australia as he was running out of money.

B38

Is that a 'done' thing in Sweden...naked family sauna time?

B38

"I brought a fella to my mums for tea one night and my Nan whispered to me (thankfully when he was out of the room) “can’t you do better than him?”.

Ummmm cheers Nan.

"

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Introducing my now husband to my parents was fine actually. They seemed to get on from the beginning. They did call him by my ex boyfriends name a few times which was a bit cringey for me, but not awful.

But meeting his mother. My goodness.

I'd been told stories about how crazy she was, but I was trying my best. Bought her flowers. All ok. Then we sat down for lunch. And she asked me what I thought of the Scottish soft rolls, as you can't get rolls like that in England. Um, I said, they're from Tesco. Yes, but you can't get them in England she insisted, not *that* soft. I was politely bewildered.

Then she gets out the photos but can't find one of her youngest and accuses my husband of stealing it. She goes crazy and starts hitting him. I sat there awkwardly not knowing what to do.

We go for a walk and she insists the moss is special and is that colour only where she lives. Just awkward and insane.

We stayed over as she lives in the middle of nowhere. Next morning before I come down she's giving him advice as she heard us having sex "you've got to touch her breasts" "you were a bit quick - it's not like wanking you know". We still quote those lines at eachother.

She's still batshit crazy and we see her as infrequently as possible.

The first time my Mam met my wife was when she was kicking her out of our house because I’d snuck her in the night before.

A couple of weeks later I introduced them properly and now they’re practically best friends.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I actually don't remember . Obviously can't have been too traumatic.

» Add a new message to this topic