Change your status

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Let the world know

I STAND WITH UKRAINE

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *anBerksMan  over a year ago

Berkshire

Thing is, I DO stand with Ukraine, and I really hope the brave Ukrainians prevail against the invaders, but I always shudder when I see this sort of thing on social media, a bit like putting French flags on your Fakebook profile after the latest atrocity etc, it’s just a way of virtue signalling without offering any tangible benefit.

I doubt if anyone in the Ukraine is checking out Fabswingers status updates right now, they have bigger fish to fry.

So while I get this is meant to be a good and kind hearted thing to do, OP, and it’s not meant to be a criticism of a well intended gesture, I’m out.

By *anBerksMan  over a year ago

Berkshire

"Thing is, I DO stand with Ukraine, and I really hope the brave Ukrainians prevail against the invaders, but I always shudder when I see this sort of thing on social media, a bit like putting French flags on your Fakebook profile after the latest atrocity etc, it’s just a way of virtue signalling without offering any tangible benefit.

I doubt if anyone in the Ukraine is checking out Fabswingers status updates right now, they have bigger fish to fry.

So while I get this is meant to be a good and kind hearted thing to do, OP, and it’s not meant to be a criticism of a well intended gesture, I’m out. "

Reading back that sounded more harsh than I intended.. but hopefully you get what I mean!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I STAND WITH UKRAINE.

Also, am I on your hotlist?

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Did you see the beginning of the Everton Man City match yesterday? I was in tears. If not YouTube it.

"Did you see the beginning of the Everton Man City match yesterday? I was in tears. If not YouTube it. "

Not a fan of football, sorry missed it

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"Did you see the beginning of the Everton Man City match yesterday? I was in tears. If not YouTube it.

Not a fan of football, sorry missed it"

You don’t have to be a football fan to appreciate it.Take a look

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool/Wallasey

Nah, I'll pass.

Along with the thoughts and prayers, it does fuck all and is just another "look at me I'm helping" when none of us are doing a fucking thing but sitting here saying "oh look how sad and tragic it is"

I saw a great meme today that summed it up. It was the council of Elrond scene in Fellowship of the ring.

Frodo (Ukraine) saying "I'll do it, I'll stand against Russia"

Then Aragorn (US), Legolas (UK), and Gimli (EU) saying the iconic lines of "you have my sword, and my bow, any MY axe". They then hand their weapons to Frodo and send him on his little way alone as they look on.

"Did you see the beginning of the Everton Man City match yesterday? I was in tears. If not YouTube it.

Not a fan of football, sorry missed it

You don’t have to be a football fan to appreciate it.Take a look"

I'm going to, was just stating I didn't see it

By *RANDMRSJAECouple  over a year ago

chester

"Did you see the beginning of the Everton Man City match yesterday? I was in tears. If not YouTube it. "

Yes, J was there & said it was a goosebump moment! Quickly undermined by the chanting of ‘your mums a fat slag’ to Phil Foden

By *iking67Man  over a year ago

BP Auckland

Nope.

[Removed by poster at 27/02/22 15:07:50]

"Nah, I'll pass.

Along with the thoughts and prayers, it does fuck all and is just another "look at me I'm helping" when none of us are doing a fucking thing but sitting here saying "oh look how sad and tragic it is"

I saw a great meme today that summed it up. It was the council of Elrond scene in Fellowship of the ring.

Then Aragorn (US), Legolas (UK), and Gimli (EU) saying the iconic lines of "you have my sword, and my bow, any MY axe". They then hand their weapons to Frodo and send him on his little way alone as they look on. "

????????????

[Removed by poster at 27/02/22 15:30:06]

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

"Nah, I'll pass.

Then Aragorn (US), Legolas (UK), and Gimli (EU) saying the iconic lines of "you have my sword, and my bow, any MY axe". They then hand their weapons to Frodo and send him on his little way alone as they look on. "

Yep. I’m standing with them shoulder to shoulder in my thoughts, but in reality, that doesn’t quite cut it does it.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

"Nah, I'll pass.

"Nah, I'll pass.

Then Aragorn (US), Legolas (UK), and Gimli (EU) saying the iconic lines of "you have my sword, and my bow, any MY axe". They then hand their weapons to Frodo and send him on his little way alone as they look on.

????????????"

No idea why that showed as question marks it should have said

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Nah, I'll pass.

Yeah, all of this.

I'm not sure what can be achieved as individuals, but I don't think adding anything to Fab will do anything

"Let the world know

I STAND WITH UKRAINE"

I stand with Ukraine

But also:

I stand with Iraq

I stand with Afghanistan

I stand with Syria

I stand with Yemen

I stand with Egypt (against the Murderous tyrannical Sissi who was imposed on the Egyptian people by the west through a brutal coup d'état)

I stand with Venezuela and Cuba who have been under economic siege for decades,

I stand with Mali that is under French Invasion and recently Russia mercenaries,

I stand with Sudan that has been under economic siege for 30 years, then forced into submission to divide it's sovereignty and to recognise Israel by force of economic bullying

I stand with most of the world who is forcefully converted to western New Satanic religion and "values" against all values they held dear for 1000's of years. Ect ect ect we live in a merciless jungle my friends

I never do this kind of thing.

What does it actually mean to the Ukranians and Russians that NBVN has added a status to her Fab profile or her Arsebook profile?... it doesn't mean anything.

Please do not misunderstand me here I am totally in support of all innocent people from both nations and do not want war but I am not able to influence Putin from my Fab profile or any other social media platform.

NBVN x

I read a post on facebook about ukranian forces tracking Russian army movements via grindr and Tinder

I doubt it is fact (I believe Russian soldiers aren't allowed to carry smartphones), but I would so love it to be

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I read a post on facebook about ukranian forces tracking Russian army movements via grindr and Tinder

I doubt it is fact (I believe Russian soldiers aren't allowed to carry smartphones), but I would so love it to be "

That's hilarious and I want it to be true

By *oastal1968Man  over a year ago

London

I'm sure the Ukrainian leader will be chuffed to read that as he's sifting through the profiles on fabswingers. Well done you.

By *teve_it_aloneMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

I not a fan generally of the social media “I stand with” trend. As others have pointed out it doesn’t really achieve much other than making you feel good. There are ways to support a cause though activism, volunteering, and donating which are far more effective than status changes or profile pic overlays.

I find it particularly odd on here given then theme of the site.

It’s the same with the poppy. Regardless of one’s feeling about the politics of this symbol, it’s undoubtedly a solemn one. The fact that it’s one of the emojis available here seems… weird.

While the situation in Ukraine is dreadful, I think declarations of support (other than in the politics forum) seems incongruent with cock-shot profile pics, or threads full of “shag, marry or finger”.

(Obviously the OP is well-meaning… I don’t meant to trample on that)

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool/Wallasey

"(Obviously the OP is well-meaning… I don’t meant to trample on that) "

This is one part that I missed out on my post above.

"I not a fan generally of the social media “I stand with” trend. As others have pointed out it doesn’t really achieve much other than making you feel good. There are ways to support a cause though activism, volunteering, and donating which are far more effective than status changes or profile pic overlays.

It’s the same with the poppy. Regardless of one’s feeling about the politics of this symbol, it’s undoubtedly a solemn one. The fact that it’s one of the emojis available here seems… weird.

While the situation in Ukraine is dreadful, I think declarations of support (other than in the politics forum) seems incongruent with cock-shot profile pics, or threads full of “shag, marry or finger”.

(Obviously the OP is well-meaning… I don’t meant to trample on that) "

I have always thought that re the poppy on here too. It's totally inappropriate to be doing photos with one up your foof as a supposed sign of reverence.

I also agree that political statuses are pointless on here. I think, in this particular situation, everyone's just feeling so shocked and helpless that any outlet is a help. I know I can't stop thinking about it all and obsessively following the news, and it feels wrong to be being silly/flirty at the same time, but whatever keeps us sane eh?

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Let the world know"

The whole world looks on Fab

By *teve_it_aloneMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I not a fan generally of the social media “I stand with” trend. As others have pointed out it doesn’t really achieve much other than making you feel good. There are ways to support a cause though activism, volunteering, and donating which are far more effective than status changes or profile pic overlays.

(Obviously the OP is well-meaning… I don’t meant to trample on that)

I have always thought that re the poppy on here too. It's totally inappropriate to be doing photos with one up your foof as a supposed sign of reverence.

I also agree that political statuses are pointless on here. I think, in this particular situation, everyone's just feeling so shocked and helpless that any outlet is a help. I know I can't stop thinking about it all and obsessively following the news, and it feels wrong to be being silly/flirty at the same time, but whatever keeps us sane eh? "

Oh, totally. I guess I need to be more understanding of the fact that people are just expressing their shock in whatever way they can.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

Well done DanBerks for a well crafted post.

I always find it jarring when I read serious threads about important issues, and each post is accompanied by a small picture of a cock or some tits.

[Removed by poster at 27/02/22 19:12:48]

Is it over?

Did this work?

If you really want to help the people in Ukraine, consider donating to charities such as British Red Cross or Sunflower of Peace.

Our local Polish supermarket is collecting items for refugees who have made it over the border to Poland. Maybe see if yours is doing the same?

» Add a new message to this topic