FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Massage.

Massage.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I've never had a massage and feel like I could do with one to help relax my body.

Only problem is I have a very sensitive back and flinch when any sort of pressure is applied, does anybody else have this problem and If so, how did you overcome it while being massaged?

Just to point out, I'm talking about a proper massage with no kind of happy ending or naughtiness.

MR J

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Find a masseur and discuss your sensitivities with him/her. It’ll be fine!

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"So I've never had a massage and feel like I could do with one to help relax my body.

Only problem is I have a very sensitive back and flinch when any sort of pressure is applied, does anybody else have this problem and If so, how did you overcome it while being massaged?

Just to point out, I'm talking about a proper massage with no kind of happy ending or naughtiness.

MR J

"

See if you can find someone who has a qualification in the traditional Hawaiian massage called Lomi Lomi.

It sounds like this might be the kind of gentle massage that may be further adapted to your needs

And like the previous poster said, do emphasize with any massage therapist what your sensitivities and needs are. A good holistic therapist will not only listen to you but be able to work in tune with your body with a little direction and communication from yourself (key as in many situations).

I hope you find what you are looking for and enjoy being pampered. Everyone deserves that once in a while

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Talk to a good massage therapist. Alternatively (I can't believe I'm saying this, but in context), get a massage that doesn't involve the back? Or something else relaxing like a facial?

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

A proffessional qualified and insured masseur will discuss all that in advance with you and work accordingly so make sure you mention everything. In some cases, depending what the issue is, they may say its not appropriate and sometimes they may even ask for doctor's letter to confirm its ok if there is any doubt or uncertainty. That's the difference between it being a professional massage from those 'happy' ones

Thank you all for the advice, its not just that I need to relax, my shoulders, back,neck, well everywhere pretty much feels incredibly tight, it could be sensitive for that reason and I just need a professional to sort me out. Definitely going to seek one out and have a chat to see what they recommend.

I am offered massage in many of my private messages. I’ll pass them on to you if you like

Manchester (she/her)

"Thank you all for the advice, its not just that I need to relax, my shoulders, back,neck, well everywhere pretty much feels incredibly tight, it could be sensitive for that reason and I just need a professional to sort me out. Definitely going to seek one out and have a chat to see what they recommend. "

Try some of the stretches on this channel. A week or so ago I had a crick in my neck that was so painful that I was using codeine to cope - the traps and neck exercises I found, plus a towel and a dressing gown belt (!) fixed me up

https://youtube.com/c/BobBrad

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I am offered massage in many of my private messages. I’ll pass them on to you if you like "

Oh....and you don't take them up xx

The one thing I'd be interested in is the one thing I don't get offered would you believe ha

[Removed by poster at 28/02/22 11:56:19]

"Thank you all for the advice, its not just that I need to relax, my shoulders, back,neck, well everywhere pretty much feels incredibly tight, it could be sensitive for that reason and I just need a professional to sort me out. Definitely going to seek one out and have a chat to see what they recommend.

Try some of the stretches on this channel. A week or so ago I had a crick in my neck that was so painful that I was using codeine to cope - the traps and neck exercises I found, plus a towel and a dressing gown belt (!) fixed me up

https://youtube.com/c/BobBrad"

Thank you for this, I'll take a look

Manchester (she/her)

If you're so seized up - massage or stretches will hurt either way. But they'll fix the issue

I'm going to book a massage therapist, get a proper good going over

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"Thank you all for the advice, its not just that I need to relax, my shoulders, back,neck, well everywhere pretty much feels incredibly tight, it could be sensitive for that reason and I just need a professional to sort me out. Definitely going to seek one out and have a chat to see what they recommend.

https://youtube.com/c/BobBrad

Thank you for this, I'll take a look "

Stretches are great to ease tension.

What may also help is deep heat, tiger balm on the affected areas, a hot bath with Epsom salts as well as certain aromatherapy oils, like black pepper, either a couple of drops mixed to a 5ml of a neutral body lotion/carrier oil or diffused in a diffuser or on a tissue placed on a radiator.

Do a patch test first if you're using black pepper essential oil applied to the skin as it can be a skin irritant and never exceed the dosage.

» Add a new message to this topic