FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Questioning friendship

Questioning friendship

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Don't know if this is just me but does anyone question a friendship?

Do you need to know why someone likes being a friend with you and what they get out of the friendship? Or are you happy just knowing they like your company and enjoy interacting with you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm happy just being their friend. I usually know why people like me and why they don't. Often the people who don't like me for the same reasons that others do

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No i dont need to know its because im adorable and awesome if i count someone as my friend a real friend the sky is the limit on what i would do for them

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

No I just assume if someone is choosing to spend their time with me that they must like me. I guess I also know that as much as I may not be perfect I'm definitely a very giving person.

I already know why.

I’m me.

I’m loyal, funny, generous, and put others before myself. So I don’t question my friendships - and they don’t question mine.

I adore my friends. They are my world, my family, my life and my light.

I only question friendship when warning signs start flashing. I trust until I'm fucked over and then that's a lifetime ban from me. I leave forgiveness to Jesus.

Rarely happens, thankfully, and much less seldom now I'm older and smarter. I'm a pretty good judge of character.

By *xploring_FunWoman  over a year ago

Coventry

If I start questioning a friendship then it's a warning bell that something isn't right.

Usually if I'm wondering "why are they friends with me?" what I actually mean is "Are they only around because I'm useful to them?"

Friendships are like relationships in many ways, sometimes the giving and taking in terms of effort is 90%-10%, sometimes it's 60/40 and sometimes 50/50. That's ok.

But when you realise a "friendship" is always 90/10 then that's when the questions start and the friendship ends.

By *inx.x3Woman  over a year ago

Bath

I’m great.

My guess would be that’s why they like being my friend.

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

Friendships are a two way street. If there’s a question it’s unbalanced. I’m sometimes difficult to be friends with as I can be quite solitary and need lots of quiet time. But my true friends understand this and work with it.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

I see my best freind maybe once a years. Talk/message him average 4-5 times a year plus birthdays etc. But he's still my best and our freindship is timeless and cast iron. I know if I needed him he'd be there and vice versa. When we do get together it's like no time has passed. I love him like a brother.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Acquaintance's sure. I have a insatiably curious and analytical brain which loves taking stock of things that happen in my world.

Friends not really, but I am hard-nosed if they break my trust once. I walk away without ever looking back.

My inner circle friends. Never. I know they love me as much as I love them and we would do almost anything for each other

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I'm a friend free zone.

I end up questioning all my friendships. For some unknown reason, not a single friend, of which there are very few now, think to come and visit me. It's ALWAYS me going to them and I'm sick of it. My house is nice, it's not a tip, just nobody comes here. I said to one so called friend that I was no longer visiting until she had been to mine, she's never been and I've not seen her for 3 years, I guess I'm not worth it.

"I end up questioning all my friendships. For some unknown reason, not a single friend, of which there are very few now, think to come and visit me. It's ALWAYS me going to them and I'm sick of it. My house is nice, it's not a tip, just nobody comes here. I said to one so called friend that I was no longer visiting until she had been to mine, she's never been and I've not seen her for 3 years, I guess I'm not worth it. "

They're not worth it.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

At times reminds me of the film its a wonderful life

You can't always know the impact you have on others

"Don't know if this is just me but does anyone question a friendship?

Do you need to know why someone likes being a friend with you and what they get out of the friendship? Or are you happy just knowing they like your company and enjoy interacting with you? "

Nope , never question it .

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"Don't know if this is just me but does anyone question a friendship?

Do you need to know why someone likes being a friend with you and what they get out of the friendship? Or are you happy just knowing they like your company and enjoy interacting with you? "

No, until I realised I was being used for their game them slagged off to my manager. Got me into trouble at work...

So yes

» Add a new message to this topic