FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > In Defence of Your Wife or Partner

In Defence of Your Wife or Partner

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Apologies if this thread is done to death. Is it gallant to defend your wife against the abuse of somebody mocking her alopecia?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I usually challenge them to a duel at dawn.

A joke isn't abuse.

R.I.P

Wait, what’s happened?

I’ve not seen the news.

By *iving Bi a TryMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"Apologies if this thread is done to death. Is it gallant to defend your wife against the abuse of somebody mocking her alopecia?

"

Yes. But violence after a joke, even a bad or cruel joke isn't defence. It's retribution.

Gbat

Yes of course it is

You can’t attack someones loved one and expect them to be ok with it

Maybe draw the line at physical assault though

Only if they steal her wig.

"Only if they steal her wig. "

Gettin’ wiggy wit it?

By *ovelifelovefuntimesMan  over a year ago

Where ever I lay my hat

Defend your wife of course, but don't be a dick and use violence for what was a poorly judged joke. Had he used words to defend his wife rather than aggression everyone would have applauded him.

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

"Defend your wife of course, but don't be a dick and use violence for what was a poorly judged joke. Had he used words to defend his wife rather than aggression everyone would have applauded him. "

This

"Only if they steal her wig. "

By *argaryen starkCouple  over a year ago

pinxton

I think will Smith did absolutely the right thing

"Wait, what’s happened?

I’ve not seen the news."

You don't need to when Tom's here

"Wait, what’s happened?

I’ve not seen the news.

You don't need to when Tom's here "

He’s been absent for days!!

I’ve no idea what is going on anywhere with anything?!

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Laughing at a joke about your wife, getting caught then slapping the joker is hardly defending your partner, it’s defending yourself

Will who?

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

If course but with words in private not with violence for the world to see x

"Will who? "

Willard Carroll Smith the third

Oscar winner for his role as Richard Williams

At least its either him or the guy who bitch slapped me that one time.

In Will’s defence she’s a bit of a nightmare. The backlash from her for not defending her would probably be worse than any of this.

"Defend your wife of course, but don't be a dick and use violence for what was a poorly judged joke. Had he used words to defend his wife rather than aggression everyone would have applauded him. "
no I'd have kicked him in the bollocks and chucked him of stage retribution love it violence is sometimes great I'll go back under my bridge now.

"In Will’s defence she’s a bit of a nightmare. The backlash from her for not defending her would probably be worse than any of this."

She would’ve told the world about how her true love, Tupac, would’ve dealt with it better.

"In Will’s defence she’s a bit of a nightmare. The backlash from her for not defending her would probably be worse than any of this.

She would’ve told the world about how her true love, Tupac, would’ve dealt with it better. "

I doubt Chris Rock would have said it if her true love was still alive

"In Will’s defence she’s a bit of a nightmare. The backlash from her for not defending her would probably be worse than any of this.

She would’ve told the world about how her true love, Tupac, would’ve dealt with it better.

I doubt Chris Rock would have said it if her true love was still alive "

Rip

The least one could do would be to send the security staff around to have a quiet word.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

I think we can all be a bit defensive of the people we love. For example we were at the end of the night at the kebab shop. There was a big guy being a dick so Mrs Misfit said to him politely to stop. He turned round to me and said if I didn't shut my woman up he'd knock her out. I saw total red (think he thought because of my polite and freindly attitude I'd say nothing). I not a man of violence but I went for him. Never seen a guy run away so fast and he jumped behind the serving counter for protection. Luckily for both of us I didn't get my hands him. I believe I may have ended up in front of a judge answering some serious charges. It's not something natural to me, I just saw complete red when he threatened her. I know it wasn't the best way to deal with the situation, but I am human and it was the heat of the moment.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I did once threaten to put my Doc Marten boot down the throat of a girl at my sixth form. She had made disparaging comments about my sexual conduct (I'd had my son when I was 16). I wouldn't have actually done that, but I might well have smacked her if she'd repeated what she'd said. My threat started with "if you dare say that again...."

Fear not, I've learned to control my temper, being a proper grown up and stuff. I've only hit people in self defence if hit first (which has happened once or twice).

The girl in question never once said anything similar about me again, curiously.

Coventry

"I did once threaten to put my Doc Marten boot down the throat of a girl at my sixth form. She had made disparaging comments about my sexual conduct (I'd had my son when I was 16). I wouldn't have actually done that, but I might well have smacked her if she'd repeated what she'd said. My threat started with "if you dare say that again...."

Fear not, I've learned to control my temper, being a proper grown up and stuff. I've only hit people in self defence if hit first (which has happened once or twice).

The girl in question never once said anything similar about me again, curiously."

There's always another way. There was a boy at playgroup who would bully me. When I started reception in primary school he was there in my class. He had a big coat with the mittens attached on little strings. I calmly snuck out of class, got his coat and flushed it in the toilet. We he found it he cried and was so upset. I must admit I felt a rewarding element of justice.

Mr

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Being married to the Hulk I don’t have to defend her much.

Chelmsford

Not sure it was violence to be fair...

Not even a proper slap..

"Apologies if this thread is done to death. Is it gallant to defend your wife against the abuse of somebody mocking her alopecia?

"

Are you really sorry?

Chelmsford

Are you really sorry?"

I didn't say I was sorry Jimbo. I apologise if the subject has run out of legs ..

Chelmsford

"I think we can all be a bit defensive of the people we love. For example we were at the end of the night at the kebab shop. There was a big guy being a dick so Mrs Misfit said to him politely to stop. He turned round to me and said if I didn't shut my woman up he'd knock her out. I saw total red (think he thought because of my polite and freindly attitude I'd say nothing). I not a man of violence but I went for him. Never seen a guy run away so fast and he jumped behind the serving counter for protection. Luckily for both of us I didn't get my hands him. I believe I may have ended up in front of a judge answering some serious charges. It's not something natural to me, I just saw complete red when he threatened her. I know it wasn't the best way to deal with the situation, but I am human and it was the heat of the moment."

Did you still have your kebab.. ?

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

[Removed by poster at 29/03/22 21:47:57]

Are you really sorry?

I didn't say I was sorry Jimbo. I apologise if the subject has run out of legs .."

My apologies.

Where ever I lay my hat

"I think we can all be a bit defensive of the people we love. For example we were at the end of the night at the kebab shop. There was a big guy being a dick so Mrs Misfit said to him politely to stop. He turned round to me and said if I didn't shut my woman up he'd knock her out. I saw total red (think he thought because of my polite and freindly attitude I'd say nothing). I not a man of violence but I went for him. Never seen a guy run away so fast and he jumped behind the serving counter for protection. Luckily for both of us I didn't get my hands him. I believe I may have ended up in front of a judge answering some serious charges. It's not something natural to me, I just saw complete red when he threatened her. I know it wasn't the best way to deal with the situation, but I am human and it was the heat of the moment."

That is a natural reaction to an imminent threat of violence to a loved one. Chris Rock made a joke, Will Smith had time to digest, there was no threat to him or his wife and in a premeditated way proceeded to walk calmly and attack someone. Totally different.

Chelmsford

"I think we can all be a bit defensive of the people we love. For example we were at the end of the night at the kebab shop. There was a big guy being a dick so Mrs Misfit said to him politely to stop. He turned round to me and said if I didn't shut my woman up he'd knock her out. I saw total red (think he thought because of my polite and freindly attitude I'd say nothing). I not a man of violence but I went for him. Never seen a guy run away so fast and he jumped behind the serving counter for protection. Luckily for both of us I didn't get my hands him. I believe I may have ended up in front of a judge answering some serious charges. It's not something natural to me, I just saw complete red when he threatened her. I know it wasn't the best way to deal with the situation, but I am human and it was the heat of the moment.

That is a natural reaction to an imminent threat of violence to a loved one. Chris Rock made a joke, Will Smith had time to digest, there was no threat to him or his wife and in a premeditated way proceeded to walk calmly and attack someone. Totally different."

If that was an attack then O am a Dutchman's uncle...

Where ever I lay my hat

What would you call it?

Chelmsford

"What would you call it?"

Handbags...

Where ever I lay my hat

If it had been a female presenter?

Coventry

"I think we can all be a bit defensive of the people we love. For example we were at the end of the night at the kebab shop. There was a big guy being a dick so Mrs Misfit said to him politely to stop. He turned round to me and said if I didn't shut my woman up he'd knock her out. I saw total red (think he thought because of my polite and freindly attitude I'd say nothing). I not a man of violence but I went for him. Never seen a guy run away so fast and he jumped behind the serving counter for protection. Luckily for both of us I didn't get my hands him. I believe I may have ended up in front of a judge answering some serious charges. It's not something natural to me, I just saw complete red when he threatened her. I know it wasn't the best way to deal with the situation, but I am human and it was the heat of the moment.

Did you still have your kebab.. ?"

Hell yes.

Chelmsford

"If it had been a female presenter?"

Or a parrot presenter ?

Where ever I lay my hat

If Smith had slapped a female presenter, say Rebel Wilson who made jokes about him and his wife at another awards ceremony, would that be an attack in your view?

Chelmsford

"If Smith had slapped a female presenter, say Rebel Wilson who made jokes about him and his wife at another awards ceremony, would that be an attack in your view?"

And if the presenter had been a small disabled child?

Where ever I lay my hat

My point being, irrespective of who the presenter was, male, female, orphaned child, Will Smiths actions were a pre-meditsted attack. Violence was used, maybe not excessive force but violence nonetheless and I cannot understand anyone who finds his behaviour acceptable.

Chelmsford

Well there may be some who feel that it is their duty to protect their family. As far as I am concerned, making fun or emotional abuse, of another's spouse is off limits. Only the alopecian lady and her husband know how that would of made her feel at the time and potentialy ever after. The comedian crossed a line and provoked the husband.

"Well there may be some who feel that it is their duty to protect their family. As far as I am concerned, making fun or emotional abuse, of another's spouse is off limits. Only the alopecian lady and her husband know how that would of made her feel at the time and potentialy ever after. The comedian crossed a line and provoked the husband. "

Agreed maybe shouldn’t have been physically attacked though.

Seen enough people already making fun of him for the status of his marriage its sickening.

By *entBarryUKMan  over a year ago

Ashford

"

Defend, yes. Stand up and demand an apology. Slap on live TV? I think we can do better than that.

By *il sub princessWoman  over a year ago

West Midlands

I think Wills behaviour was embarrassing & disgusting and that goes for Jada too

By *entBarryUKMan  over a year ago

Ashford

I am sure it took a lot for Jada to go to the show given her alopecia and polyamory being in the news, so she did not need to have remarks made about her. Chris was out of order.

By *jorkishMan  over a year ago

Seaforth

I wonder if the women on here would be so happy with the wig jokes if they had Alopecia. I'd have preferred Will Smith to have defended her verbally rather than physically.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Not sure it was violence to be fair...

Not even a proper slap.."

As a black person.. a slap to me is way more disrespectful to me than a punch ever would!

It was all anger, I just think the anger was misplaced… he can’t slap the shit out of the person he really wants to!

He is lucky Chris rock didn’t press charges but I am sure the 90 minutes of material Netflix will buy for the comedy special for millions will be the revenge….

By *il sub princessWoman  over a year ago

West Midlands

"I wonder if the women on here would be so happy with the wig jokes if they had Alopecia. I'd have preferred Will Smith to have defended her verbally rather than physically. "

People choose to get offended. Comedians have made much worse jokes. Utterly ridiculous

Newcastle and Gateshead

I doubt Chris Rock would have said it if her true love was still alive "

They would have had metal detectors at the doors for a start!

The film wasn’t that good… his preformance was mid

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Wales

I agree with Jane Seymour. She said he could have sorted it out verbally from his seat.

Although I’d like to think I wouldn’t slap someone who made fun out of someone I love and upset them, I know I’m a hot head so it’s quite possible I could have got lairy, in that situation. So I sort of get it.

That said, it’s a good job Chris Rock just took it on the cheek. Imagine if he had retaliated with force!

Where ever I lay my hat

Have a read of the thread on twitter about the links of both Rock and Smith to Scientology, quite an interesting take on the situation. But still unacceptable.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"A joke isn't abuse. "

Of course it is... being offensive towards people to make others laugh is still being offensive.

Cal

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"A joke isn't abuse.

Of course it is... being offensive towards people to make others laugh is still being offensive.

Cal"

It's one of the ways bullies cause the most hurt

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

That said, it’s a good job Chris Rock just took it on the cheek. Imagine if he had retaliated with force!

"

You could see that Chris was really going to say something but bit his lip to keep it professional! Saved for the comedy special

» Add a new message to this topic