FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nails

Nails

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just had my nails professionally done for the first time at a salon in town a little oriental man did it like an artist acrylic and extended, I wasn’t sure how the process was done but was surprised by the skill involved, Since HR I had had much softer nails I’ll never do my own again, I find wiping my arse breaking pills in half playing piano and typing to be a bit challenging.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aimeDWoman  over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"Just had my nails professionally done for the first time at a salon in town a little oriental man did it like an artist acrylic and extended, I wasn’t sure how the process was done but was surprised by the skill involved, Since HR I had had much softer nails I’ll never do my own again, I find wiping my arse breaking pills in half playing piano and typing to be a bit challenging. "

I definitely found the same thing with my nails and HRT. They’re paper thin now and break if I even look at them.

One thing I found just to be wary of with acrylics is to give you naturals a break in between treatments as they got worse over time , kind of a catch 22

Hope you enjoy them though, I love having mine done occasionally

"Just had my nails professionally done for the first time at a salon in town a little oriental man did it like an artist acrylic and extended, I wasn’t sure how the process was done but was surprised by the skill involved, Since HR I had had much softer nails I’ll never do my own again, I find wiping my arse breaking pills in half playing piano and typing to be a bit challenging.

I definitely found the same thing with my nails and HRT. They’re paper thin now and break if I even look at them.

One thing I found just to be wary of with acrylics is to give you naturals a break in between treatments as they got worse over time , kind of a catch 22

Hope you enjoy them though, I love having mine done occasionally "

Definitely i love them, I thought I’d never have the feeling of long nails again xX

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have you tried biotin? It should strengthen nails and hair

I take it and It seems to help a bit

My nails are quite robust luckily, tho occasionally break after a certain length (thumbs seem to split in middle horizontally . And vertically the other fingers. So annoying when that happens)

By *aimeDWoman  over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"Have you tried biotin? It should strengthen nails and hair

I take it and It seems to help a bit

My nails are quite robust luckily, tho occasionally break after a certain length (thumbs seem to split in middle horizontally . And vertically the other fingers. So annoying when that happens)"

I haven’t , thanks I’ll look it up.

I was taking calcium supplements for a while but it didn’t seem to have any effect

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I used to have acrylics many years ago then switched to gel. Totally ruined my nails though

Kept them very short for 6 months to let them strengthen & they seem to be ok again now.

I hope you had a pretty colour?

J x

"I used to have acrylics many years ago then switched to gel. Totally ruined my nails though

Kept them very short for 6 months to let them strengthen & they seem to be ok again now.

I hope you had a pretty colour?

J x"

sparkly barbie pink x

By *ufia SnowbunnyTV/TS  over a year ago

Hastings

Love getting my nails and toes done. Need to decide how I'm getting them done next

» Add a new message to this topic