FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why do some people block all trans women?

Why do some people block all trans women?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why do some men feel the need to block all trans women? It feels like a very extreme thing to do. To hate a group of people so much that you'd block all of them, without even having met them.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *aimeDWoman  over a year ago

Shaftesbury, Dorset

Because they’re not looking to meet transwomen. I have no problem with that.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Because preferences.

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

It’s just like men blocking other men or couples blocking men or women. Can’t see the issue

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I block, women, tv/ts, mf mm and ff couples, and men.

I unblock men when I want to receive mail from them.

I only unblock everyone else for forum related stuff.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

If blocking messages from a group means you hate them then I must hate everyone.

"Because preferences."
Do you have a fear that all trans women are going to hound you?

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

"Why do some men feel the need to block all trans women? It feels like a very extreme thing to do. To hate a group of people so much that you'd block all of them, without even having met them."

Because they aren't sexually attracted to trans women, at what point does the idea of "hate" enter not being attracted to someone?

P

There’s no issue here. How people choose to use their account is their own business.

By *nchantedRoseWoman  over a year ago

cardiff

I block all men, doesn't mean I hate them

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

It’s not hate! I have trans blocked. I also have couples blocked. I don’t want to meet them sexually. I don’t hate them!

For me it's simply because I have no desire to meet a trans women, I also block men as I've no desire to meet a man.

By *RANDMRSJAECouple  over a year ago

chester

Aside from preferences, could it be that they’re confused how it defines their sexuality?

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Trans women block all women; does that mean they hate us?

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

"Because preferences. Do you have a fear that all trans women are going to hound you?"

Are you deliberately trying to bait people? Are you hoping someone will disagree with you so you can start shouting "transphobic"? Are you that starved for attention? I'm really beginning to pity you, it must be such a sad life you lead

P

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"Because preferences. Do you have a fear that all trans women are going to hound you?"

Darling, you really need to calm down a bit. I know you think you’re trying to help trans issues but these past few days you’ve done nothing but stir the pot. I hate to say it but you’re really not helping the cause.

Not everything is a slight against trans people, everyone has their own preferences and it’s not hate

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Preference doesn’t mean hate

I have a fear that any people will hound me.

Regardless of their genitalia and pronouns.

You posted a question similar to this a short time ago.

Accept that no one owes you anything on here.

Equality means you get treated the exact same way as everyone else. Which means being blocked in some cases.

By *aliceWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

The block feature exists for all categories so I'm not sure what your point is, unless you're equally outraged that some people might block all men or all women.

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

The same reason I have all guys blocked, because I'm not here to meet them. Doesn't mean someone hates people because they have them blocked

"Because preferences. Do you have a fear that all trans women are going to hound you?

Darling, you really need to calm down a bit. I know you think you’re trying to help trans issues but these past few days you’ve done nothing but stir the pot. I hate to say it but you’re really not helping the cause.

Not everything is a slight against trans people, everyone has their own preferences and it’s not hate "

Up North

"Because preferences. Do you have a fear that all trans women are going to hound you?

Not everything is a slight against trans people, everyone has their own preferences and it’s not hate "

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Well said.

"The same reason I have all guys blocked, because I'm not here to meet them. Doesn't mean someone hates people because they have them blocked "
What about if one of those groups of people wanted to message to tell you about a social they had planned?...You'd miss out then.

By *irror_reaperMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"Why do some men feel the need to block all trans women? It feels like a very extreme thing to do. To hate a group of people so much that you'd block all of them, without even having met them."

At a guess; uneducated and thinking that every trans person is going to hit on them. I guess they have ideas above their station, and have never heard of like, actual conversation

By *erverseintentionsMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

I'm blocked by most ...does me a favour ...anyone left is fair game

By *ighty_tightyMan  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

Ticking a preference selection on a website is extreme?

With such an outlook how do you decide what to have for breakfast?

By *ookie doughMan  over a year ago

leic

It's probably a good thing that there aren't sub categories as well. We'd be blocking people of a certain hair/eye colour or above/below certain height/weight. It's about personal preferences, I don't find men sexually attractive but I'll talk to one in a pub, yet I have them blocked

Port talbot

"The same reason I have all guys blocked, because I'm not here to meet them. Doesn't mean someone hates people because they have them blocked What about if one of those groups of people wanted to message to tell you about a social they had planned?...You'd miss out then."

They could easily ask someone else to message me to ask if I'd be interested or post a event/meet like most people do

Block does not = hate, sweetheart x

"Why do some men feel the need to block all trans women? It feels like a very extreme thing to do. To hate a group of people so much that you'd block all of them, without even having met them.

At a guess; uneducated and thinking that every trans person is going to hit on them. I guess they have ideas above their station, and have never heard of like, actual conversation"

What a load of shite.

Paradise, Herts

"Why do some men feel the need to block all trans women? It feels like a very extreme thing to do. To hate a group of people so much that you'd block all of them, without even having met them.

At a guess; uneducated and thinking that every trans person is going to hit on them. I guess they have ideas above their station, and have never heard of like, actual conversation"

Nope. Still because I don’t want to meet trans and couples. No ideas above my station. Just plain and simple

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"The same reason I have all guys blocked, because I'm not here to meet them. Doesn't mean someone hates people because they have them blocked What about if one of those groups of people wanted to message to tell you about a social they had planned?...You'd miss out then."

I'd miss out anyway as I barely check my messages. Not everyone is here for messaging.

Up North

Block does not = hate, sweetheart x"

Just because you can’t message them, doesn’t mean they have specifically blocked trans women. They may have men/couples and trans women blocked as groups because they don’t want messages.

I normally have all except single women blocked.

Tiss a silly one to be sure to be sure

Rubbish!

Or some people just dont want to meet trans women.

It's no different to women blocking men when they only want to meet women.

you read my mind J x

Anyone is entitled to block anyone else. People are allowed their preferences. The end.

The fuck are you harping on about??

Why do you feel it’s a hate thing? Why are you so sensitive to it?

This was what I thought.

That guess says more about you than anyone else...

" This was what I thought. "

Of course it is.

Shaftesbury, Dorset

At a guess; uneducated and thinking that every trans person is going to hit on them. I guess they have ideas above their station, and have never heard of like, actual conversation This was what I thought. "

I think you’re looking for things that aren’t there. I totally understand how paranoia can grip you thinking everyone’s got something against you. It’s perfectly normal stage especially during transition but please don’t go looking for extra things to worry about, it’ll drive you insane x

"The same reason I have all guys blocked, because I'm not here to meet them. Doesn't mean someone hates people because they have them blocked What about if one of those groups of people wanted to message to tell you about a social they had planned?...You'd miss out then.

They could easily ask someone else to message me to ask if I'd be interested or post a event/meet like most people do"

As soon as that yellow banner flashed up on my screen saying I am BLOCKED, I just wouldn't bother inviting you to be honest. I hate that yellow banner, not very user friendly.

Port talbot

Not everything is a slight against trans people, everyone has their own preferences and it’s not hate

you read my mind J x "

I have a soft spot for you, even though you wear crocs

By *orbidden eastMan  over a year ago

london dodging electric scooters

Just like people not fancying Orientals or Asians. It is just preference right?

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

I block fellas too. Don't hate them

I block the people who with whom I have no wish to converse.

Do I ‘hate’ them? Of course not. Get a grip!

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool/Wallasey

At a guess; uneducated and thinking that every trans person is going to hit on them. I guess they have ideas above their station, and have never heard of like, actual conversation This was what I thought. "

And that right there says it all. Ignore or argue with legit and reasoned responses, then go for the answer that fits the agenda being pushed.

Port talbot

"The same reason I have all guys blocked, because I'm not here to meet them. Doesn't mean someone hates people because they have them blocked What about if one of those groups of people wanted to message to tell you about a social they had planned?...You'd miss out then.

They could easily ask someone else to message me to ask if I'd be interested or post a event/meet like most people do As soon as that yellow banner flashed up on my screen saying I am BLOCKED, I just wouldn't bother inviting you to be honest. I hate that yellow banner, not very user friendly."

Well we all come across it now and then, I just shrug it off and get on with life

You just seem desperate so cause more division.

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

To be fair, I do not think it is about hatred. Just preference.

That said, trans women experience a lot of prejudice and judgment in today's "tolerant and non-judgmental" society - I can genuinely empathise that they might be a touch sensitive to any potential suggestion of exclusion. (Not meant to offend!) x

At a guess; uneducated and thinking that every trans person is going to hit on them. I guess they have ideas above their station, and have never heard of like, actual conversation This was what I thought.

And that right there says it all. Ignore or argue with legit and reasoned responses, then go for the answer that fits the agenda being pushed."

By *ersiantugMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Be philosophical I say.

Both the Fabs are huge, I've always thought that many people block others just to keep it simple for them.

Outside of 'forum cowardliness' it's a long time since I've been bothered by a block - essentially they make things simpler for me too.

(I can be annoying sometimes when people diss you on the forum then block you though, as you know they've had a good gander of your profile, and you can't necessarily avoid them for a time too!)

They could easily ask someone else to message me to ask if I'd be interested or post a event/meet like most people do As soon as that yellow banner flashed up on my screen saying I am BLOCKED, I just wouldn't bother inviting you to be honest. I hate that yellow banner, not very user friendly."

You’ll live.

Birmingham

That said, trans women experience a lot of prejudice and judgment in today's "tolerant and non-judgmental" society - I can genuinely empathise that they might be a touch sensitive to any potential suggestion of exclusion. (Not meant to offend!) x"

Conversely there's enough prejudice in the world as it us without looking for it where it doesn't exist.

you read my mind J x

I have a soft spot for you, even though you wear crocs "

Over my dead bod…

I’d never E-VERRR be seen wearing them!! …You on the other hand tho x

You are deffo my fave piscean guy x and everyone knows how much of an astrological crazy bitch I am

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

^ That's bait

That said, trans women experience a lot of prejudice and judgment in today's "tolerant and non-judgmental" society - I can genuinely empathise that they might be a touch sensitive to any potential suggestion of exclusion. (Not meant to offend!) x"

People like to think society is tolerant and non-judgemental, but it's not. X

By *erverseintentionsMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

That said, trans women experience a lot of prejudice and judgment in today's "tolerant and non-judgmental" society - I can genuinely empathise that they might be a touch sensitive to any potential suggestion of exclusion. (Not meant to offend!) x People like to think society is tolerant and non-judgemental, but it's not. X"

You're judging people who block trans people...

By *iss DevilWoman  over a year ago

Bedford

There are better ways of informing Fab community about upcoming social than spamming them with messages.

Port talbot

you read my mind J x

Over my dead bod…

You are deffo my fave piscean guy x and everyone knows how much of an astrological crazy bitch I am "

I hope you removed that photo before writing that

Also need wearing them, ever

Thank you

Paradise, Herts

^ That's bait "

You’re absolutely right and I’m pissed off that I bit.

Port talbot

you read my mind J x

Over my dead bod…

You are deffo my fave piscean guy x and everyone knows how much of an astrological crazy bitch I am

Thank you "

Just to clarify, that should say never wearing them

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Blocking helps each individual in their own preferences it's why we're all here looking for someone whom fits around what they're looking for too enjoy naughtiness and fun and laughter.

I dont like cheese or marmite so i dont put it on my shopping list

you read my mind J x

Over my dead bod…

Thank you "

Swear …I’m gonna ch0ke you with my thighs if I find ya

Wuvvvv you x

Liverpool/Wallasey

^ That's bait "

I sometimes miss not being able to post gifs and memes on here. Tom Hardy is needed!

Port talbot

That said, trans women experience a lot of prejudice and judgment in today's "tolerant and non-judgmental" society - I can genuinely empathise that they might be a touch sensitive to any potential suggestion of exclusion. (Not meant to offend!) x People like to think society is tolerant and non-judgemental, but it's not. X"

Yes you're making judgements yourself, so no it's not

By *astesLikeMagicWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle

Wow. Being blocked isn't hatred.

I have trans (men and women) blocked. Do I chat away in clubs? - of course. No hatred to be seen.

I don't want to play with females so I block them and couples the majority of the time.

Do I hate cis-women? Hetero- couples? No.

Am I saving their time by not spending it creating a message for me only for it to inevitably be deleted? Yes.

Same as age or locality preferences. It's saving everyone's time. It's not personal. It's not hate.

I'm not to everyone's liking and I have to be ok with that. Makes for a more peaceful life.

"

Just to clarify, that should say I love wearing them "

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

^ That's bait

I sometimes miss not being able to post gifs and memes on here. Tom Hardy is needed! "

Exactly what I had in mind

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Hate is a very strong word OP.

I wish there were more categories that I could select....not because I hate anyone but because they aren't what I'm looking for x

Why would you want to meet with somebody who’s not interested in you. Anyway? That’s the question …

Port talbot

[Removed by poster at 31/03/22 21:22:55]

"Why would you want to meet with somebody who’s not interested in you. Anyway? That’s the question …"

She doesn’t.

She just wants to argue with literally anybody.

Mustn’t have plans tonight.

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

It’s extremely user friendly to the user that has used a site facility which blocks people/persons they aren’t interested in meeting, that’s why there are preferences and choices on this site

That said, trans women experience a lot of prejudice and judgment in today's "tolerant and non-judgmental" society - I can genuinely empathise that they might be a touch sensitive to any potential suggestion of exclusion. (Not meant to offend!) x People like to think society is tolerant and non-judgemental, but it's not. X

You're judging people who block trans people..."

I am not really tbh... as I stated, to me it is purely preference by most people.

But I deeply empathise with any minority who feels cast aside or excluded. That s all there is to it really? x

Port talbot

you read my mind J x

Over my dead bod…

Thank you

Wuvvvv you x "

Can't you just use boobs to suffocate me, not down for that

Cardiff

Are you actually trans btw? If you are a less-committed TV perhaps, or a CD like me, you could re-join with a Male account. (if that makes any difference - I'm not sure how you glean this information anyway?). Likewise fully transgendered transwomen could always re-join as women.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I have all men blocked because I've no interest in chatting to them privately.If they have something they want to say to me they can do it here in the forums. That's nothing to do with hate and everything to do with using my time on here productively.

I have all women under the age of 40 blocked as well because I've no interest in chatting to or meeting anyone close to my daughters age. Once again a practical choice not based on emotion.

I've never chatted to a trans woman or man, I don't know a single openly gay or bi person and don't have the time or inclination therefore to educate myself by chatting.

That's all a conscious choice, none of which involves hatred of any description.

That said, trans women experience a lot of prejudice and judgment in today's "tolerant and non-judgmental" society - I can genuinely empathise that they might be a touch sensitive to any potential suggestion of exclusion. (Not meant to offend!) x People like to think society is tolerant and non-judgemental, but it's not. X

Yes you're making judgements yourself, so no it's not "

I am absolutely not making a judgment on anybody. I have clearly stated that I do not think blocking is a sign of hatred or exclusion.

That does not mean a trans person (or any other minority) will not feel excluded.

For me, empathy with the minority does not mean I feel how they feel. How could I if I do not know what it is like to be trans?

Port talbot

"

Just to clarify, that should say I love wearing them

"

Shaftesbury, Dorset

you read my mind J x

Over my dead bod…

Thank you

Wuvvvv you x

Can't you just use boobs to suffocate me, not down for that "

Crikey, is this a private party or is there room for one more

By *ts the taking part thatMan  over a year ago

southampton

[Removed by poster at 31/03/22 21:30:00]

By *ts the taking part thatMan  over a year ago

southampton

Don't be a drama queen, no one hates by blocking. More likely they want to meet a woman & not a man who believes he's a woman so by blocking they ensure they can bypass and not waste time.

People block people for many reasons, stop playing victim.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

"Why would you want to meet with somebody who’s not interested in you. Anyway? That’s the question …"

This.

you read my mind J x

Over my dead bod…

Thank you

Wuvvvv you x

Can't you just use boobs to suffocate me, not down for that "

I meaaaaaannnnn… *takes bra off*

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

"For me it's simply because I have no desire to meet a trans women, I also block men as I've no desire to meet a man."

Encapsulated succinctly and inoffensively.

By *irky_coupleCouple  over a year ago

kirky

we block all single guys. We dont hate them,just not interested in them.

^ That's bait

I sometimes miss not being able to post gifs and memes on here. Tom Hardy is needed! "

I know right? Like you can express better if we had gifs! Like … LOVE gifs on WhatsApp etc x

By *agicM53XMan  over a year ago

Croydon

Oh it's another "men can't do anything right " thread... I haven't seen one of these in like...uhm ....30 min ago

"Oh it's another "men can't do anything right " thread... I haven't seen one of these in like...uhm ....30 min ago "

SNACK

By *al kalMan  over a year ago

london

I really don’t think it’s this. If it is would be more likely to be the minority of cases. It’s more to do with preference. For example I block single guys because I do not wish to be propositioned. I have nothing against guys who seek guys, it’s just not for me. And I don’t think all bi/gay guys are going to hound me either. However the downside of blocking is that any genuine male friends I have can’t message me here. And I can’t be bothered to unblock temporarily ect… and my mates have the same block too.

Oh well, at least there are the forums to navigate around that.

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I actually do hate most people, and would love for them to reintroduce lock downs.

People suck.

Cardiff

It may seem pedantic, but is the OP actually trans?

TV's (and CDs) are not transwomen (TS), it's just that the Fabs have placed TV and TS together. They are often quite different things though.

I'm pretty sure that the OP is a TV or CD, and (unless they are transitioning) I get uncomfortable when some of those people describe themselves as 'transwomen'. (it doesn't happen that often).

For me, transwomen are women - but formally denoted by the term 'trans'. They should have women's rights, but must first have (sensibly) transgendered first. Otherwise it all makes fuckall sense to me, and any pisshead perv in a wig can get involved (and believe men I know men who are exactly that).

Port talbot

^ That's bait

I sometimes miss not being able to post gifs and memes on here. Tom Hardy is needed!

I know right? Like you can express better if we had gifs! Like … LOVE gifs on WhatsApp etc x "

Was there a time you could? They really should bring it, I love a good gif and meme

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"I actually do hate most people, and would love for them to reintroduce lock downs.

People suck."

Haha love this , equal opportunity hater

Reminds me of this YouTube vid

https://youtu.be/ZdiCEjSTgSc

"It may seem pedantic, but is the OP actually trans?

TV's (and CDs) are not transwomen (TS), it's just that the Fabs have placed TV and TS together. They are often quite different things though.

I'm pretty sure that the OP is a TV or CD, and (unless they are transitioning) I get uncomfortable when some of those people describe themselves as 'transwomen'. (it doesn't happen that often).

For me, transwomen are women - but formally denoted by the term 'trans'. They should have women's rights, but must first have (sensibly) transgendered first. Otherwise it all makes fuckall sense to me, and any pisshead perv in a wig can get involved (and believe men I know men who are exactly that).

"

Get your tin hat on.

The OP has previously stated that they are a TW.

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

Maybe they don’t want to meet TV’s but as fab lumps TV and TS together you can’t pick one or the other. Maybe some block them all and look for themselves.

"

Apparently from I gathered from previous posts… only a woman in bed… whatever that means

"

There's no need to describe cross-dressers with such virulent language.

By *heshirtandtieMan  over a year ago

rotherham

This is surely a bait, you can’t believe that not wanting something means you hate it.

Good ol’fashioned trolling aye

Cardiff

Get your tin hat on.

The OP has previously stated that they are a TW."

--That doesn't make you one though! (which is my entirely my point). Sometimes people blur the distinction.

Cardiff

There's no need to describe cross-dressers with such virulent language. "

--I'm actually a CD, I'm talking about some men who get high as hell and do all kinds of things for pervy kicks. Sorry but they cannot be ignored.

TV's (and CDs) are not transwomen (TS), it's just that the Fabs have placed TV and TS together. They are often quite different things though. "

Very true

"I'm pretty sure that the OP is a TV or CD, and (unless they are transitioning) I get uncomfortable when some of those people describe themselves as 'transwomen'. (it doesn't happen that often)."

Again, true

"For me, transwomen are women - but formally denoted by the term 'trans'. They should have women's rights, but must first have (sensibly) transgendered first."

This is where things get a little more complicated

"Otherwise it all makes fuckall sense to me, and any pisshead perv in a wig can get involved (and believe men I know men who are exactly that).

"

I am NOT a pisshead

Paradise, Herts

Just a thought. Does it come up why people have blocked you. I can’t remember. Could be your age too.

By *al kalMan  over a year ago

london

"

I don’t feel this matters (but perhaps may wanted to help educate), as rightly pointed out the different types cd,tv,transgender are combined into single category (TV\TS), and it’s that single category on the “preference” settings being blocked by some men that has kicked it off this discussion.

Now should fabs categories still be setup this way for the trans inclusive community, no but this is an age old argument, and raised many many times on other legacy threads…

There's no need to describe cross-dressers with such virulent language.

--I'm actually a CD, I'm talking about some men who get high as hell and do all kinds of things for pervy kicks. Sorry but they cannot be ignored. "

I didn't know you were. I see your point. I think this will kick off though.

Just a thought.... I consider myself lucky (in want of a better word) that I wake up and am comfortable with my identity. I imagine, as that is all I can do, that it must be a lot harder for people who were born into the "wrong" body or who are not comfortable with what they are for whatever reason and facing prejudice and exclusion.

Call me naive but I really struggle to understand why we cannot just accept that some people are different and leave it there? It should be possible?

"Just a thought.... I consider myself lucky (in want of a better word) that I wake up and am comfortable with my identity. I imagine, as that is all I can do, that it must be a lot harder for people who were born into the "wrong" body or who are not comfortable with what they are for whatever reason and facing prejudice and exclusion.

Call me naive but I really struggle to understand why we cannot just accept that some people are different and leave it there? It should be possible? "

Entirely possible.

Very true

Again, true

For me, transwomen are women - but formally denoted by the term 'trans'. They should have women's rights, but must first have (sensibly) transgendered first.

Otherwise it all makes fuckall sense to me, and any pisshead perv in a wig can get involved (and believe men I know men who are exactly that).

I am NOT a pisshead

"

I don’t think he was referring to you sweets xx

More like saying some individuals can get a wig and say they are trans .

I’ve heard from some who got Catfished into making them believe they were trans women (using faceapp to have a fem face) and then when the guy would say I’m sorry not interested when meeting up. They’d get all upset!

Paradise, Herts

"Just a thought.... I consider myself lucky (in want of a better word) that I wake up and am comfortable with my identity. I imagine, as that is all I can do, that it must be a lot harder for people who were born into the "wrong" body or who are not comfortable with what they are for whatever reason and facing prejudice and exclusion.

Call me naive but I really struggle to understand why we cannot just accept that some people are different and leave it there? It should be possible? "

I agree but that’s not really relevant to the thread. It’s pretty much accusing people who don’t want to meet trans people as hating them. That’s not acceptable.

I would consider myself an ally but don't see the problem with blocking certain people you are not interested in sexually. If you are on the site to meet women, and advertise yourself to women, why do you need to allow trans-men and cis-men to see your profile? You should have autonomy over who sees your body.

I don't block trans people or cis-men from seeing my profile personally, but I do think people should have the choice over who does and does not see their pics. The same way I think you should have control over who can message you. It doesn't equate to hatred for those groups.

"I'm blocked by most ...does me a favour ...anyone left is fair game "

Oh shit

Call me naive but I really struggle to understand why we cannot just accept that some people are different and leave it there? It should be possible?

I agree but that’s not really relevant to the thread. It’s pretty much accusing people who don’t want to meet trans people as hating them. That’s not acceptable. "

It is rather relevant, Nora, because the debate on being blocked or not, feeling hated even if though this may not be the case and the whole issue of making this kind of diversity one for discussion and debate ... I think any conversation around accepting people for who and what they are is worth the time, effort and occasional frustration on all sides.

At a guess; uneducated and thinking that every trans person is going to hit on them. I guess they have ideas above their station, and have never heard of like, actual conversation

The fuck are you harping on about??"

Looking for browny points

I agree but that’s not really relevant to the thread. It’s pretty much accusing people who don’t want to meet trans people as hating them. That’s not acceptable.

It is rather relevant, Nora, because the debate on being blocked or not, feeling hated even if though this may not be the case and the whole issue of making this kind of diversity one for discussion and debate ... I think any conversation around accepting people for who and what they are is worth the time, effort and occasional frustration on all sides. "

This particular thread is just baity and hostile though.

Sorry but what does this have to do with the original question?

In a way, how the OP identifies is completely irrelevant.

If people don't want you talk to you, they don't have to. There are plenty of women who I've chatted to on the forum (and really like!) who have women blocked. Doesn't mean they hate women. They just have no interest in meeting. I have somehow managed to live through this rejection.

It is rather relevant, Nora, because the debate on being blocked or not, feeling hated even if though this may not be the case and the whole issue of making this kind of diversity one for discussion and debate ... I think any conversation around accepting people for who and what they are is worth the time, effort and occasional frustration on all sides.

This particular thread is just baity and hostile though. "

It feels like it, I agree and I am asking why this should be. I honestly do not get it.

"

I don’t think he was referring to you sweets xx

"

I know xx

Trying to lighten the mood with some self deprecation.

I dare say this thread will still descend into a shit storm though.

Paradise, Herts

It is rather relevant, Nora, because the debate on being blocked or not, feeling hated even if though this may not be the case and the whole issue of making this kind of diversity one for discussion and debate ... I think any conversation around accepting people for who and what they are is worth the time, effort and occasional frustration on all sides. "

No different to being blocked because I’m over 50. Or because I’m a woman. Do they all hate me then? No I’m not accepting it. This thread is ridiculous whoever posts it.

This is about people being blocked because of preferences, nothing more.

You’re essentially saying people shouldn’t have personal preferences for fear of upsetting somebody who is outside of what they’re looking for?

So what, I should have to suck blokes off so I don’t upset gay guys?

What a load of absolute shit.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Just out of curiosity....how do you know they've blocked all trans women and not just you?

I know we've been off site for a while but it never used to give you a reason.

Has that changed now? I'd be pretty pissed if Fab now told people why we'd chosen to block them. Sometimes it could have been for something as minor as bad punctuation or not conjugating a verb properly. Or for having hairy toes.

This particular thread is just baity and hostile though. It feels like it, I agree and I am asking why this should be. I honestly do not get it. "

If an OP is worded in a fairly hostile way, it can only go downhill IMO.

Sorry but what does this have to do with the original question?

In a way, how the OP identifies is completely irrelevant.

If people don't want you talk to you, they don't have to. There are plenty of women who I've chatted to on the forum (and really like!) who have women blocked. Doesn't mean they hate women. They just have no interest in meeting. I have somehow managed to live through this rejection."

My question is relevant because some of the posts on this issue, underlying or spelt out, have revealed prejudice and creating a problem where in my opinion there really isn't one.

Somebody felt that blocking Trans people was offensive. I do not think that blocking people is offensive because on this site it is about being practical in what you are looking for and whom you wish to meet.

BUT... it does not stop me from empathising with people who do feel marginalised. Simple really?

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

^ That's bait "

Definitely. It's like saying why do people have all men blocked without having met them.

Nobody owes anyone a conversation, nevermind a meet.

Smells like a "poor me" attention seeking post created to divide people.

Not a nice trait at all.

I'll not be surprised if there will be more blocks appearing after this post.

Missus

You’re essentially saying people shouldn’t have personal preferences for fear of upsetting somebody who is outside of what they’re looking for?

What a load of absolute shit."

I accept that you dismiss my opinion as shit and tbh it does not matter to me, nor does it change what I think or feel.

One more time.... I am not saying anything about what you should or should not do. I am saying my interpretation of a group of people being blocked is not necessarily about hatred or discrimination but I do understand that minorities can feel sensitive about it because of their prior experience. Does this make sense?

"

Just out of curiosity....how do you know they've blocked all trans women and not just you?

"

It will tell you if the user has blocked all people of your gender, or you fall outside of their age range

Is this really about blocking though? It's about the message filters, who can and cannot message you. TV/TS, couples and females can't message me unless I message them first BUT they are still able to view the profile if they so wish x

This particular thread is just baity and hostile though. It feels like it, I agree and I am asking why this should be. I honestly do not get it.

If an OP is worded in a fairly hostile way, it can only go downhill IMO."

I don't know if it was intentionally hostile or just a reflection of being upset about it. I genuinely do not know.

Liverpool/Wallasey

This particular thread is just baity and hostile though. "

Indeed. The post kicked off on a hostile note by the op, essentially by being the very thing it's accusing others of.

People gave very valid reasons, the OP either ignored or gave no valid responses to why they disagree with what the responses were. Shutting down any discussion or respect for their own personal cause. You don't win support by throwing hate at those you want to accept you or your way.

Paradise, Herts

This particular thread is just baity and hostile though. It feels like it, I agree and I am asking why this should be. I honestly do not get it.

If an OP is worded in a fairly hostile way, it can only go downhill IMO.

I don't know if it was intentionally hostile or just a reflection of being upset about it. I genuinely do not know. "

Green arrow might help there

Paradise, Herts

Indeed. The post kicked off on a hostile note by the op, essentially by being the very thing it's accusing others of.

People gave very valid reasons, the OP either ignored or gave no valid responses to why they disagree with what the responses were. Shutting down any discussion or respect for their own personal cause. You don't win support by throwing hate at those you want to accept you or your way."

That last sentence is spot on

"Is this really about blocking though? It's about the message filters, who can and cannot message you. TV/TS, couples and females can't message me unless I message them first BUT they are still able to view the profile if they so wish x"

I assumed this was a complaint about being blocked manually from viewing profiles. If its about private messaging people who have no interest in you, it's even more nonsensical.

Birmingham

The causes of marginalised groups are not advanced by complaining that people who don't have a sexual interest in them are allowed to filter out messages from them.

If the site allowed people to block that category alone, I'd understand the grievance but that inequality in site filtering is not the case.

People gave very valid reasons, the OP either ignored or gave no valid responses to why they disagree with what the responses were. Shutting down any discussion or respect for their own personal cause. You don't win support by throwing hate at those you want to accept you or your way."

Maybe so - I don't know and I have not been posting in the forums for a while so perhaps I am not reading the room right.

I just felt that a thread is rarely just about the poster but about every contributing person.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

It will tell you if the user has blocked all people of your gender, or you fall outside of their age range"

Thanks. Been that long since I so much as lurked the forums for 5 minutes I honestly couldn't remember.

Can we have a moments silence for all the single men who are blocked and who no one ever thinks of.

Shaftesbury, Dorset

"Can we have a moments silence for all the single men who are blocked and who no one ever thinks of. "

The real victims of the block button

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Cos they ignorant?? X

Paradise, Herts

"Can we have a moments silence for all the single men who are blocked and who no one ever thinks of. "

And the old gits please. Thank you

I accept that you dismiss my opinion as shit and tbh it does not matter to me, nor does it change what I think or feel.

One more time.... I am not saying anything about what you should or should not do. I am saying my interpretation of a group of people being blocked is not necessarily about hatred or discrimination but I do understand that minorities can feel sensitive about it because of their prior experience. Does this make sense? "

It would make sense if this was a thread about that.

But it’s not.

So you’re just harping on about something completely irrelevant to the subject at hand.

Priceless :

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

"Can we have a moments silence for all the single men who are blocked and who no one ever thinks of.

And the old gits please. Thank you "

Thanks for feeling my pain. I'm blessed x

*Dwight Schrute crying meme*

Paradise, Herts

"Cos they ignorant?? X"

The people who filter out those they don’t want to meet? What’s the point in filters then?

"Cos they ignorant?? X"

Who??

Men that don’t want to meet trans?

Why are you not looking to meet women?

Why do you hate lesbians?…

"Is this really about blocking though? It's about the message filters, who can and cannot message you. TV/TS, couples and females can't message me unless I message them first BUT they are still able to view the profile if they so wish x

I assumed this was a complaint about being blocked manually from viewing profiles. If its about private messaging people who have no interest in you, it's even more nonsensical."

That's exactly what it's about. It's impossible to block a whole group of people from viewing your profile but you can block from messaging

Norfolk/Suffolk

"Cos they ignorant?? X"

Who?

The people who have a right and a choice to block whomever they wish for what ever reason they wish?

I think you will find that makes you ignorant

Just as you show yourself, right here in this post.

You are the one here expressing judgement and a lack of tolerance.

You are the one pointing the finger whilst shouting the term hatred, all because of preference, using a tool that is available on this site.

There are many reasons people may choose to block a certain category of profile here, and it isn't all revolved around you.

Maybe take some time out from here, take a deep breath and come back when you're ready to accept others for what they are and what they choose.

"

I just felt that a thread is rarely just about the poster but about every contributing person."

True.

Threads evolve and broaden its their nature.

"Is this really about blocking though? It's about the message filters, who can and cannot message you. TV/TS, couples and females can't message me unless I message them first BUT they are still able to view the profile if they so wish x

I assumed this was a complaint about being blocked manually from viewing profiles. If its about private messaging people who have no interest in you, it's even more nonsensical."

I have no idea what the OP is going on about because you can't physically block every single TV/TS. Well maybe you could but it might take a long time x

Leeds

Well this decended quickly...typical fab x

"Can we have a moments silence for all the single men who are blocked and who no one ever thinks of.

The real victims of the block button "

"

So you’re just harping on about something completely irrelevant to the subject at hand.

"

That is a bit judgmental, would nt you agree?

I could equally argue that you simply do not grasp what I was saying... but I am not saying that. I am saying thought that we need to just not overinterpret/ analyse everything.

In this specific case to be very clear: I disagree that blocking a group of people is judgmental, it is a preference on this site.

Do I think that people can be oversensitive? Absolutely.

Do I have empathy for those that because of other experience outside Fabs, are very sensitive to certain topics? Again, yes, I do.

Snort

I assumed this was a complaint about being blocked manually from viewing profiles. If its about private messaging people who have no interest in you, it's even more nonsensical.

That's exactly what it's about. It's impossible to block a whole group of people from viewing your profile but you can block from messaging "

My bad. You really should be able to stop people who don't meet your gender and genital preferences from viewing your profile though.

Norfolk/Suffolk

"Well this decended quickly...typical fab x"

It's not just Fab, most forums are like this

One more time.... I am not saying anything about what you should or should not do. I am saying my interpretation of a group of people being blocked is not necessarily about hatred or discrimination but I do understand that minorities can feel sensitive about it because of their prior experience. Does this make sense?

But it’s not.

"

Bit harsh. She's trying to show empathy.

You should message the OP, match made in heaven right there!

#juscallmecilla

"

But it’s not.

"

But it does make sense though.

It contributes to the overall discussion, and makes a valid point.

To paraphrase:

Whilst blocking does not in and of itself denote hatred, it is entirely possible that someone (especially someone already feeling marginalised) could interpret a general block as such (albeit erroneously in most cases)

There.

Let's play nicely now x

Leeds

"Well this decended quickly...typical fab x

It's not just Fab, most forums are like this"

Very true

But it’s not.

Bit harsh. She's trying to show empathy. "

Thank you - that's what it was about for me all along. x

But it’s not.

Bit harsh. She's trying to show empathy. "

That’s fine.

She can start a thread about that.

Because this is just about preferences.

"

But it’s not.

But it does make sense though.

It contributes to the overall discussion, and makes a valid point.

To paraphrase:

Whilst blocking does not in and of itself denote hatred, it is entirely possible that someone (especially someone already feeling marginalised) could interpret a general block as such (albeit erroneously in most cases)

There.

Let's play nicely now x"

Absolutely x

Cardiff

Very true

Again, true

For me, transwomen are women - but formally denoted by the term 'trans'. They should have women's rights, but must first have (sensibly) transgendered first.

Otherwise it all makes fuckall sense to me, and any pisshead perv in a wig can get involved (and believe men I know men who are exactly that).

I am NOT a pisshead

"

--This is kind-of a problem with the whole debate imo - people often agree about the fundamental things (which is great), but when it gets starts to get complicated if gets difficult and people can take things a bit personally. As I say, I'm talking about some men I've met in my life, I'm not referring to anyone here at all. But it's a big thing imo.

I just feel like those type of men (and there is not 'soft' way of describing some of them) are often imo ignored to kind-of simplify the 'complicated' part of the debate. Ie it makes it a bit easier to say that people (everyone?) who say that they feel they are (trans) women are women.

In my view we have to have a sensible definition of what a transwoman actually is.

But it’s not.

"

It makes total sense and since when does any thread stick to the initial post?.

People are here to offer their thoughts on the subject.

But it’s not.

That’s fine.

"

Of course Jonny. No thread ever in the history of Fab has gone off-topic.

But it’s not.

That’s fine.

"

She does, from time to time and would welcome your contributions on them if you feel so inclined.

This is not intended to sound condescending, it honestly is not as I value all opinions even if they are polar opposite to mine. That is what a healthy debate is about. You really can be friends with people who differ in their beliefs.

This is a site for swingers. You should have control over who can or cannot message you privately. The same supposed biggots can have those conversations in the live chatrooms, forums or on a site not specifically for swingers.

This is a site for swingers. You should have control over who can or cannot message you privately. The same supposed biggots can have those conversations in the live chatrooms, forums or on a site not specifically for swingers."

bigots*

Love how OP sneakily planted this thread and suddenly now they are GONE… leaving the dust and rubble everywhere

How convenient

Port talbot

Very thoughtful of you, I'm touched

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Cebu City

Well, if you could block by colour that would be racist

This is fucking exhausting.

Out.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"Well this decended quickly...typical fab x"

I think you'll find the angle of descent was predetermined by the OP's opening post.

If they posted an update in the forum then people could choose to show their interest in said social.

I think someone is getting their knickers in a twist and over complicating this trans thing a little bit.

By *avie65Man  over a year ago

In the west.

I block gay fellas from sending me messages, I don't hate them, in fact I don't hate anyone.

I'm blocked from viewing many profiles, as most of us will be, I don't think those people hate me.

Hate is a very emotive word and it shouldn't be used when you don't know the audience you're addressing and are trying to engage in a meaningful discussion.