FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nervous wheelchair user looking for club buddy

Nervous wheelchair user looking for club buddy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amesnite11 OP   Man  over a year ago

Brighton

Hi all!

Wasn't quite sure how best to title this, but I'm a wheelchair user (weak legs after an accident some years back) that would love to check out some clubs.

The main issue is I don't always know how easily I can get around a building (narrow doorways/small bathrooms/steps are my mortal enemy!) so my best bet is going there to see for myself.

I would particularly like to check out the Hellfire club, and due to work I'm only really able to go on weekends.

I was wondering if a) any wheelchair users have been and what their experience was; and b) if any lovely women in a similar boat would be willing to accompany me just to check it out (a little nervous to just show up on my own first time).

Apologies if asking this is poor etiquette - not super familiar with the rules!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Genuine tip is to reach out directly to the club. I can only imagine you'll have a great night whatever happens.

It's really just a normal club overall.

By *amesnite11 OP   Man  over a year ago

Brighton

"Genuine tip is to reach out directly to the club. I can only imagine you'll have a great night whatever happens.

It's really just a normal club overall."

Hi there, thanks for the response!

I chatted to them and they were really friendly and helpful. Definitely want to check it out! Just wondered if singles sometimes 'team up' to check clubs out and soften the nerves a little.

By *ecrets4everCouple  over a year ago

X

Hi there,

I can only give tips on the Midlands area clubs.

So in case you find yourself in this area I think Chameleons and Xtasia would be too challenging as there are a lot of stairs. However Liberty Elite might be an option.

Also there’s a regular event in Birmingham called Birmingham Brum Bizarre which are very helpful with guests who have mobility challenges.

Hope that helps

By *eviants In DefianceCouple  over a year ago

Maidstone

"Hi all!

Wasn't quite sure how best to title this, but I'm a wheelchair user (weak legs after an accident some years back) that would love to check out some clubs.

The main issue is I don't always know how easily I can get around a building (narrow doorways/small bathrooms/steps are my mortal enemy!) so my best bet is going there to see for myself.

I would particularly like to check out the Hellfire club, and due to work I'm only really able to go on weekends.

I was wondering if a) any wheelchair users have been and what their experience was; and b) if any lovely women in a similar boat would be willing to accompany me just to check it out (a little nervous to just show up on my own first time).

Apologies if asking this is poor etiquette - not super familiar with the rules!"

The Hellfire club is split over two levels with the upstairs containing the bar and some play spaces. They have no wheelchair access for that level/lifts etc. It's a great club imho but not sure it'd work. Depends how mobile you are for short stints like stairs.

E

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

The only club we're aware of that is genuinely wheelchair accessible is Quest in Leeds. I am also a wheelchair user and haven't yet ventured to it. Almost all clubs we've encountered are inaccessible, lots of steps.

"Genuine tip is to reach out directly to the club. I can only imagine you'll have a great night whatever happens.

It's really just a normal club overall.

Hi there, thanks for the response!

I chatted to them and they were really friendly and helpful. Definitely want to check it out! Just wondered if singles sometimes 'team up' to check clubs out and soften the nerves a little."

Oh yeah, people definitely pair up but it's the same challenge as meeting anyone for a single man.

But just take the plunge, once you're through the door it's just a club and everyone is there to meet and chat.

I can't think of any clubs that I've been to that were wheelchair friendly. All had treacherous stairs and multiple levels.

» Add a new message to this topic