FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Table service or ordering at the Bar

Table service or ordering at the Bar

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *remiumbond OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

One of the best things to come out of Covid is table/App service in pubs. Saves the hassle of ordering at the bar (I tend to be invisible)

Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

It takes me ages to connect to the pub's WiFi, download their app, sign up, figure out the navigation method chosen by some muppet in the marketing department of a brewery, order, enter my card details, confirm the new payee via my bank's app.

Still quicker than trying to catch the eye of any employee at the bar though

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It’s one more step towards less social interaction. Chatting to random people at the bar is one of the best parts of a night out.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"One of the best things to come out of Covid is table/App service in pubs. Saves the hassle of ordering at the bar (I tend to be invisible)

Thoughts? "

It's handy.

It also means if you have a huge social media following you can post your location and table number and have random strangers buy you drinks and food.

A

*obviously not us. I read an article on book face about some guy doing this today.

**£2k's worth of food and drink apparently and he doesn't even have tits!!

"One of the best things to come out of Covid is table/App service in pubs. Saves the hassle of ordering at the bar (I tend to be invisible)

Thoughts?

It's handy.

It also means if you have a huge social media following you can post your location and table number and have random strangers buy you drinks and food.

A

*obviously not us. I read an article on book face about some guy doing this today.

**£2k's worth of food and drink apparently and he doesn't even have tits!! "

After eating 2k of food and drink, he definitely has tits now.

(Even at current prices)

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Thoughts?

It's handy.

A

(Even at current prices)"

Apparently the bar refused to fulfil the orders.

Something about too much booze for one table. They're having to sort through uncompleted orders and refund them.

Thanks God he didn't have a wazzer pair of norks, else they'd have way more refunds to deal with.

A

I love ordering at the bar. Missed it

Thoughts?

It's handy.

A

(Even at current prices)

Apparently the bar refused to fulfil the orders.

Something about too much booze for one table. They're having to sort through uncompleted orders and refund them.

Thanks God he didn't have a wazzer pair of norks, else they'd have way more refunds to deal with.

A"

Pub missed a trick there. Give the fella at the table 6 drinks, and all the food he can eat for an hour. None of the payers can prove their order wasn't delivered....

By *nexpectedExplorerMan  over a year ago

Gower

"It’s one more step towards less social interaction. Chatting to random people at the bar is one of the best parts of a night out."

Totally agree. If you go out with a group of people you already know and you spend the whole time on the same table as them and only interact with them and an app then you’re just going to follow the same old script and might as well have hung out at someone’s dining table for a fraction of the cost and hassle!

Gower

Thoughts?

It's handy.

A

**£2k's worth of food and drink apparently and he doesn't even have tits!! "

Hmmmm let’s hope the orders coming in makes up for letting all of life’s weirdos know exactly where you are (and that your house is empty too)

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I have decent breasticles, I tend to get served fairly quickly at bars

"It’s one more step towards less social interaction. Chatting to random people at the bar is one of the best parts of a night out.

Totally agree. If you go out with a group of people you already know and you spend the whole time on the same table as them and only interact with them and an app then you’re just going to follow the same old script and might as well have hung out at someone’s dining table for a fraction of the cost and hassle! "

Exactly. I’ve met some really interesting people going to the bar, some have even ended up spending the rest of the night with me and my friends. It’s all part of the experience and I wouldn’t want that taken away.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Yep it's a great thing I hate waiting to be served at a bar.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

"Yep it's a great thing I hate waiting to be served at a bar."

Me too. More drinking time this way!

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

"Yep it's a great thing I hate waiting to be served at a bar.

Me too. More drinking time this way! "

Exactly!

"

Hmmmm let’s hope the orders coming in makes up for letting all of life’s weirdos know exactly where you are (and that your house is empty too) "

It's unlikely he popped his home address up on Twitter.

Gower

"

Hmmmm let’s hope the orders coming in makes up for letting all of life’s weirdos know exactly where you are (and that your house is empty too)

It's unlikely he popped his home address up on Twitter."

Haha I know, but it’s surprising what people do share!

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Thoughts?

It's handy.

A

Hmmmm let’s hope the orders coming in makes up for letting all of life’s weirdos know exactly where you are (and that your house is empty too) "

The guy has 170k followers on tik tok apparently. I doubt he's bothered about people knowing where he is - seems a bit of an attention seeker.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/drinker-dumped-girlfriend-given-wetherspoons-27005754

A

By *ed velvet thornWoman  over a year ago

over the rainbow

Thoughts? "

Prefer to order at bar and chat to whoevers standing close enough

By *adyHWoman  over a year ago

South Glos

"It’s one more step towards less social interaction. Chatting to random people at the bar is one of the best parts of a night out."

Love a random bar chat

Although sometimes hanging around a busy bar waiting to be served can be a pain, I wouldn’t have it any other way (and a gent should always carry a ladies drink to the table ).

"Although sometimes hanging around a busy bar waiting to be served can be a pain, I wouldn’t have it any other way (and a gent should always carry a ladies drink to the table )."

I'll carry it, I'll pay for it, but if she wants it before hell freezes over, she'll need to be the one asking for it

Gower

Thoughts?

It's handy.

A

The guy has 170k followers on tik tok apparently. I doubt he's bothered about people knowing where he is - seems a bit of an attention seeker.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/drinker-dumped-girlfriend-given-wetherspoons-27005754

A"

Wow, 170k followers. About 1% of the population are psychopaths so 1700 following him. Probably more as I suspect there’d be a skew towards them being inclined to follow.

Definitely agree an attention seeker, but i hope he stays safe and I don’t end up seeing him on crime and investigation Channel (the dark side of social media)

Gower

"It’s one more step towards less social interaction. Chatting to random people at the bar is one of the best parts of a night out.

Love a random bar chat "

Absolutely!

"Although sometimes hanging around a busy bar waiting to be served can be a pain, I wouldn’t have it any other way (and a gent should always carry a ladies drink to the table ).

I'll carry it, I'll pay for it, but if she wants it before hell freezes over, she'll need to be the one asking for it

."

Admirable

Gower

Thoughts?

Prefer to order at bar and chat to whoevers standing close enough "

Do you find people queue to stand close enough rather than order at the bar…

By *tarburst babydollCouple  over a year ago

Dingwall

Working as a barmaid I would hate this. I love chatting to the customers at the bar and another step towards a cashless society. Since they took in the option to pay by card where I work my tips are about 10% of what they used to be which is a big loss when you are paid just above minimum wage.

Gower

"Working as a barmaid I would hate this. I love chatting to the customers at the bar and another step towards a cashless society. Since they took in the option to pay by card where I work my tips are about 10% of what they used to be which is a big loss when you are paid just above minimum wage. "

That’s another good point. Part of a great bar comes from the hosting that the staff do. Unsung heroes that make the difference in the atmosphere

Ugh I can’t stand scanning some app at the table I’d rather go to the bar

"Ugh I can’t stand scanning some app at the table I’d rather go to the bar "

This!

It’s a faff isn’t it? Also I like standing at the bar dunno why haha

"Ugh I can’t stand scanning some app at the table I’d rather go to the bar

This!

It’s a faff isn’t it? Also I like standing at the bar dunno why haha "

Yeah it was dreadful thankfully you don’t really have to do that now!

I like it at the bar chatting

We love that we can use an app. Makes life a lot easier for us.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I like to go the bar. Especially if it’s food as I usually want to change something or add something

It would be nice if they all used the same app, but that would be too easy. It's a faff downloading an app and setting it up each time I go into a new pub/restaurant. Dealing with humans is still easier (and quicker).

IS

"I like to go the bar. Especially if it’s food as I usually want to change something or add something "

You can do that on most apps.

» Add a new message to this topic