FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Thought of the day

Thought of the day

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Have you ever noticed how positive people are happy people and negative people are miserable?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Yes

By *orld Cup WillyMan  over a year ago

Berkshire

Outwardly it certainly seems like that, and positivity can be uplifting as long as it seems genuine and not superficial.

But just because someone projects a smiley positive exterior doesn’t mean they don’t have the same fears and issues internally.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Outwardly it certainly seems like that, and positivity can be uplifting as long as it seems genuine and not superficial.

But just because someone projects a smiley positive exterior doesn’t mean they don’t have the same fears and issues internally.

"

Very true Dan

Some of the most broken people smile all day in public

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

Not always true..... you can have what seems like the most positive happy person on the outside, struggling on the inside.

Someone can be taken as negative or miserable when they have been misjudged or someone takes what they say or do in the wrong way and label that person incorrectly.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Love this quote...the optimist sees the rose and not the thorns. The pessimist stares at the thorns oblivious to the rose.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

How very true this is! My sister as much as I love her! Is a very negative person I'm opposite went on holiday with her and a friend who is also very positive person the other week and the difference in the 2 of them was astounding!also being with someone negative 24/7 is very hard work and draining! Usually getting back from holidays is depressing an the thought of back to work Monday! But this year I didn't get that low feeling x

People think the grass is greener somewhere else. Which it usually is cause they’re not there messing it up

Whether you see the best or the worst in things you’re right either way

By *oger Yoo-DaylieMan  over a year ago

Wigan

"Whether you see the best or the worst in things you’re right either way "

Viewpoint is key here, couldn't agree more

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

I'm known as the office Mood Hoover

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

"I'm known as the office Mood Hoover "

You Mood Killer you.....

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Having worked with people who were relentlessly negative I have to say that it's easier for a negative person to bring a positive person down than vice versa.

Positivity isn't about going round in comedy glasses and dungarees, telling everyone to cheer up. It's about facing life by looking for the good things and trying to make the bad stuff better. Eventually I actively avoided the two most negative of my colleagues because every conversation began with a world weary face and some complaint about 'this place'. It was exhausting. When they started moaning that a new person had been having cups of tea but hadn't brought any tea bags yet I knew that was my cue to leave.

On the outside I'm smiling. On the inside I'm crying.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"I'm known as the office Mood Hoover

You Mood Killer you....."

*takes a bow*

By *he love catsCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

"Have you ever noticed how positive people are happy people and negative people are miserable?"

Goes without saying if your feeling depressed you will feel negative and miserable, and if you are not depressed then you will feel more happy and positive, it's not as simple as being positive or negative, it's not a choice for those who suffer from mental health.

You can't just snap out of your depression by being more positive, if only it was as black and white as that.

» Add a new message to this topic