FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Heating

Heating

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uriouscouple21 OP   Man  over a year ago

reading

Just moved into out new house and we think we've got a problem with the boiler/central heating so was wondering if anyone's had similar problems? Basically the central heating warms and cools down as it should but the central heating pump runs 24/7 and the boiler comes on and off all the time even after the hw and ch cycles have finished on the timer, my guess is a dodgy timer unit? Or a bodged wiring job?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If its a rental - get the landlord/agents to have a look.

Otherwise you could have a nasty shock when the bills come in early next year!! Happened to me once (the thermostat had gone!) and had a heart attack 3 months later when a £500 bill dropped through the door!!

By *uriouscouple21 OP   Man  over a year ago

reading

Trying to get the landlord/maintenance team out to look at it but it will be a week tomorow since we've been asking them, just wasn't sure if it was meant to be doing what it's doing, cost 15 in gas in under 3 days!

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

"Trying to get the landlord/maintenance team out to look at it but it will be a week tomorow since we've been asking them, just wasn't sure if it was meant to be doing what it's doing, cost 15 in gas in under 3 days!"

Try turning stat down and boiler will turn off after couple of minutes do same with cylinder stat if that works faulty stats. You can always turn knob down on front of boiler

By *idsmateyMan  over a year ago

Warwickshire

Are you registered with estate agency management who look after your interests too?.. The boiler should not have been in that state when you moved in... You should not have to pay any excess amount because of the fauly boiler.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Take readings from the box and tell the landlord that he will have to pay till its fixed .why should you pay if its not working right.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Could have one of those pre-heat thingy me jigs that click in to make sure it can instantly satisfy demand. Is it a combi ?

I'm making the assumption that it's a gas back boiler ... Pumped CH and gravity HW.

It is possible that if someone's been fiddling with the system that the wiring has been cocked up, but it could also be a faulty programmer, i.e. even though it's telling you that the CH is 'OFF' if the programmer is faulty and the relay not dropping out, the pump will run forever regardless of the status of the system.

There may also be a cylinder stat which is set to kick the CH pump into action if the water in the cylinder reaches excessive temp. If that stat has gone faulty, again the pump will run forever.

Those are a couple of possible scanrios, although by no means an exhaustive list

Ooops, didn't see the bit about the boiler randomly firing up as well ....

That could be a faulty (or incorrectly set) thermostat ....

You could actually have 2 separate faults

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Guy For 20’s-30’s Girls

This thread has reminded me, that I need to get my boiler serviced. I've never done it since I moved into my flat eighteen months ago

» Add a new message to this topic