FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Problem with Google?

Problem with Google?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *umpkin OP   Man  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I seem to have picked up a strange virus/trojan/whatever! If I try to use Google I keep getting directed by it to other sites and not what I`m looking for. If I type www.google.co.uk into my browser toolbar it gets changed to https://www.google.co.uk and a padlock appears in the toolbar.

Anyone else come across this?

Mods, sorry if this is not allowed to be posted.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"I seem to have picked up a strange virus/trojan/whatever! If I try to use Google I keep getting directed by it to other sites and not what I`m looking for. If I type www.google.co.uk into my browser toolbar it gets changed to https://www.google.co.uk and a padlock appears in the toolbar.

Anyone else come across this?

Mods, sorry if this is not allowed to be posted."

Yep, and you're lucky you can get on here. Last time got that one it locked all my google searches.

If you're getting any pop up then it should have the virus name on it, as it masquerades as a browser. I was lucky enough to have my netbook to do a search to get rid of it, but if you have malwarebytes a quickscan might get rid of it. Or log in under safe mode and do a sysem restore to yesterday and then do a complete anti-virus sweep.

Good luck!

By *umpkin OP   Man  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Thanks for that info!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

never install add ons or them little search bars which appear on top of your web page.

always i recommend downloading Ccleaner.

it is free and will go through your internet browser and windows. gets rid of all them things you do not need.

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Seen something like ths before.

Run antivirus then system restore to a time you know was fine... I'm no I.T. guy but this has worked for me

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

"never install add ons or them little search bars which appear on top of your web page.

it is free and will go through your internet browser and windows. gets rid of all them things you do not need."

I use Ccleaner, great freebie and zone alarm too

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Any advice on a something to replace McAfee which is expiring soon on my lappy?

I have always got lots of back up reminders even when I've just done it so I'd prefer something else.

And something free...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"never install add ons or them little search bars which appear on top of your web page.

it is free and will go through your internet browser and windows. gets rid of all them things you do not need.

I use Ccleaner, great freebie and zone alarm too "

i have to admit since using Ccleaner my pc has run better.

now ive turned the central heating off and the pc heats the house lol

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"Any advice on a something to replace McAfee which is expiring soon on my lappy?

I have always got lots of back up reminders even when I've just done it so I'd prefer something else.

And something free... "

AVG free is the best free anti-virus out there.

By *he Original TTMan  over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

"Any advice on a something to replace McAfee which is expiring soon on my lappy?

And something free...

AVG free is the best free anti-virus out there."

But as they say... you get what you pay for.

Try Kaspersky - we use it for our corporate AV. Or stick with Macafee - been using them for years personally and never had a problem.

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

And something free... "

CCleaner - the C stands for Crap by the way, so it effectively deltes all the shit that your computer collects when browsing or downloading.

Also, use AVG free and Spybot Search&Destroy - the latter sounds like something the US Navy might use, but its also free and gets rids of spyware and malware and is more effective than normal Anti-Virus stuff. A credible magazine once did an article saying that you neednt buy AV software because AVG and Spybot will do just as good, if not a better job.

Run CCleaner at every start up and run AVG/Spybot every couple of days.

By *ctavius StuntMan  over a year ago

london

Never use google they dont pay tax

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

And something free...

CCleaner - the C stands for Crap by the way, so it effectively deltes all the shit that your computer collects when browsing or downloading.

Also, use AVG free and Spybot Search&Destroy - the latter sounds like something the US Navy might use, but its also free and gets rids of spyware and malware and is more effective than normal Anti-Virus stuff. A credible magazine once did an article saying that you neednt buy AV software because AVG and Spybot will do just as good, if not a better job.

Run CCleaner at every start up and run AVG/Spybot every couple of days.

"

Fank ooo!

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Never use google they dont pay tax "

Use me. I pay tax.

Not you... you're a bloke.

Other people, not blokes. You know what I mean.

Use me

» Add a new message to this topic