FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ladies that know

Ladies that know

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abarella OP   Woman  over a year ago

Warminster

So, I've reached that age

Perimenopause has hit. I'm on HRT, eastrogel and progesterone tablets.

That's helped with some of the symptoms but not all.

My worst, and the one that troubles me most is the brain fog. Some days I actually think I'm going mad! I've even though that maybe I have early onset dementia.

What's the worst symptom for you? How do you deal with it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I have horrific menopausal acne and there's very little that makes any sort of difference to it.

It really bothers me, to the point of paying to see a dermatologist, because I've never had spots even as a teenager.

That and the night sweats I find hardest to deal with.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Brain fog is my worst symptom, also I’m chatting away & it’s total goggly gook coming out of my mouth at times lol

By *aughty Couple ABCCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

I'm really clumsy, went shopping yesterday and the amount of things I dropped onto the floor was embarrassing. I constantly walk into things too.

The joint aches are the worst though, I really struggle to get up from sitting and then hobble for a few minutes

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I recently added Vit D to my menopausal symptoms supplements and that helps me with the brain fog

By *ong-leggedblondWoman  over a year ago

Next Door

Brain fog is now my worst symptom. Since being on hrt the other symptoms have gone. The worst one before medication was the mood swings.

I'm seriously old but still peri but symptomless 3 more months, fingers crossed, then 10 years of menopause to look forward to

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

Anxiety/moods was mine. I’ve been put on medication for that now and the difference it has made to me has been amazing. It’s like I’m constantly chilled out!

I was advised that HRT may not be good for me because of a history of breast cancer in my immediate family, so they gave me the medication for my moods and I’m more than happy with that.

I also suffered with vaginal dryness but since starting the medication that has improved so not sure if it was a knock on effect from me being so anxious or just a side effect of the medication I’m on.

im only 46, so maybe too young but my labido has rocketed

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

BIRMINGHAM

As a male its good to read this as it gives me an insight into the symptoms.

Wife is going thru the change as well and has alot of brain fog moments and I can see why now.

She also feels very warm that she has to keep the bedroom window open which freezes my nuts off.

Mother nature likes to take the piss sometimes.

Him x

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Oh yes it was awful. Could barely do my job. Hrt helped me somewhat. I don't think it's fully recognised how debilitating it is. Hope things get better for you.

The lack of focus. The anxiety. HRT has helped a little. But sometimes it's still awful.

I have headaches, night sweats, brain fog, vaginal dryness and low libido. Since starting hrt, my sweats have gone, my sleep pattern is improving, the dryness is resolved, and my libido is gradually returning.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

Oh goodness, the brain fog is horrible. Hot flushes, night sweats and disrupted sleep are also driving me round the bend - I've been reading up on supplements and may try sage leaf extract to see if it has any effect.

I’ve recently started on oestrogel and progesterone tablets and the turn around has been amazing. The hot flushes and night sweats have pretty much disappeared and the brain fog & anxiety have reduced.

I do have plenty of senior moments though where I completely lose my train of thought and forget words or what I was intending on doing.

The joys of womanhood!

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

"So, I've reached that age

Perimenopause has hit. I'm on HRT, eastrogel and progesterone tablets.

That's helped with some of the symptoms but not all.

My worst, and the one that troubles me most is the brain fog. Some days I actually think I'm going mad! I've even though that maybe I have early onset dementia.

What's the worst symptom for you? How do you deal with it? "

Which symptoms has HRT helped with? Have you suffered any side effects? I’m trying to get a GP appointment in order to start the combined HRT x

The brain fog is awful, I’m on hrt and it’s helped with the night sweats. But I don’t feel I’m the same person, I’ve lost a lot of confidence. Still waiting for my periods to stop, could do without them x

By *BVNWoman  over a year ago

Swansea

I am taking Sandrena gel, which my GP switched me to about 6 months ago but I am currently having a review as a few symptoms are creeping back.

My symptoms are mood swings, sudden blood sugar drops which takes me hours to recover from, flushes particularly at night, I also have a red patch of fluid spots on my cheek.

Since being on HRT I have gained 7lbs in 2 years and no matter how hard I try I struggle to shift it all. I am a very keen runner and hiker and therefore carrying the extra weight is not something I want to be doing. I am having a blood test this week to check if there's an underlying cause just to be sure.

I also want to speak to my doctor about whether I can take supplements in addition to my HRT.

It's nice to see these threads pop up from time to time, so thank you OP for raising the awareness and giving us a place to share/support each other

NBVN x

By *hynot3Man  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

I feel for you ladies on this post but sure you will all have felt better for sharing your experiences etc…wish you all the best of luck….maybe I should start a post about erectile dysfunction…not that I’m there just yet lol sorry if anyone offended by post it’s genuinely not meant that way

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

I normally post (hopefully funny or smart arsed) posts on here for my own and others amusement - but posts like this make me pause…because sometimes i just realise the shit women have to deal with based on hormones starting and the changes of puberty and periods add to that societal pressure of you must look this way or that way to be considered attractive - to the other end where hormones start to fall away and your body goes through essentially what reads like withdrawal symptoms with sweating and brain fog either dead or rocketing libido as well as physical changes like bone brittleness or skin problems - as a man who at most has had to cope with going bald… which also is a feature of the menopause for women - thinning hair - as a man I just have to say Im constantly in awe of the lot of you xxx xx

By *illanelleWoman  over a year ago

Ryde, Isle of Wight

Had a surgical menopause at 38 due to ovarian cancer.

I've literally doubled in size but HRT has pretty much sorted out the rest of my symptoms; constant hot flushes, brain fog, crippling anxiety, sugar cravings, crying uncontrollably etc etc. I use a gel, as well as pessaries to help with vaginal atrophy.

I'm dreading the time when I'll have to stop using it and I get a lot of abdominal pain from adhesions caused by the surgery but I keep reminding myself I'm lucky to be alive.

By *illanelleWoman  over a year ago

Ryde, Isle of Wight

"I normally post (hopefully funny or smart arsed) posts on here for my own and others amusement - but posts like this make me pause…because sometimes i just realise the shit women have to deal with based on hormones starting and the changes of puberty and periods add to that societal pressure of you must look this way or that way to be considered attractive - to the other end where hormones start to fall away and your body goes through essentially what reads like withdrawal symptoms with sweating and brain fog either dead or rocketing libido as well as physical changes like bone brittleness or skin problems - as a man who at most has had to cope with going bald… which also is a feature of the menopause for women - thinning hair - as a man I just have to say Im constantly in awe of the lot of you xxx xx"

Thank you

By *urvybeckiWoman  over a year ago

Enfield

Braun fog sucks but the HRT made me an even bigger slut is like my pussy has its own needs now lol

Warminster

Thanks everyone for replying.

I was going to reply individually to each post but that would take too long and I dont have the concentration for that at the moment.

Guys, thanks for posting its great to see you taking note. Please feel free to post about erectile dysfunction, its important to talk about these things.

The only symptoms my hrt seems to have helped with is the hot flushes/night sweats. Everything else is either the same or worse.

Sometimes I just feel like I barely function. I even mess up the most basic tasks.

"Thanks everyone for replying.

I was going to reply individually to each post but that would take too long and I dont have the concentration for that at the moment.

Guys, thanks for posting its great to see you taking note. Please feel free to post about erectile dysfunction, its important to talk about these things.

The only symptoms my hrt seems to have helped with is the hot flushes/night sweats. Everything else is either the same or worse.

Sometimes I just feel like I barely function. I even mess up the most basic tasks. "

The worst is yet to come! The menopause on average takes 10 years to go through and may leave us with bone calcium depletion, loss of muscle/tendon strength of up to 45%, loss of balance and/or vertigo AND we can also lose what patience we ever had!!! Get and stay fit Ladies!!!

Warminster

Sometimes I just feel like I barely function. I even mess up the most basic tasks.

The worst is yet to come! The menopause on average takes 10 years to go through and may leave us with bone calcium depletion, loss of muscle/tendon strength of up to 45%, loss of balance and/or vertigo AND we can also lose what patience we ever had!!! Get and stay fit Ladies!!! "

I feel like a snowflake sometimes, how did our mothers and grandmothers get through it?

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

The worst is yet to come! The menopause on average takes 10 years to go through and may leave us with bone calcium depletion, loss of muscle/tendon strength of up to 45%, loss of balance and/or vertigo AND we can also lose what patience we ever had!!! Get and stay fit Ladies!!! "

I'm a bloke ..that obviously can't know...but can sympathise...May I suggest taichi for core strength and balance?

The worst is yet to come! The menopause on average takes 10 years to go through and may leave us with bone calcium depletion, loss of muscle/tendon strength of up to 45%, loss of balance and/or vertigo AND we can also lose what patience we ever had!!! Get and stay fit Ladies!!!

I'm a bloke ..that obviously can't know...but can sympathise...May I suggest taichi for core strength and balance? "

Thanks! I coach ladies through this mine field as part of my job! But it's not something that's told or educuted really and a real shame!

If you’re still getting symptoms, maybe you’re not on the right dose of HRT.

As compersion said, add vitamin D, and I take magnesium too

I agree getting the right dose of HRT is so important..

I went through surgical menopause 4 years ago and for a few months the mood swings and hot flushes were unbearable. Once I got the medication right I wouldn't know I'm in menopause anymore

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Anxiety/moods was mine. I’ve been put on medication for that now and the difference it has made to me has been amazing. It’s like I’m constantly chilled out!

I was advised that HRT may not be good for me because of a history of breast cancer in my immediate family, so they gave me the medication for my moods and I’m more than happy with that.

I also suffered with vaginal dryness but since starting the medication that has improved so not sure if it was a knock on effect from me being so anxious or just a side effect of the medication I’m on."

Vaginal Atrophy ( dryness) is a menopause symptom

"I agree getting the right dose of HRT is so important..

I went through surgical menopause 4 years ago and for a few months the mood swings and hot flushes were unbearable. Once I got the medication right I wouldn't know I'm in menopause anymore

"

Same. And I’m on more than the recommended dose, because I don’t absorb it as well.

There are some really excellent Facebook support groups, if anyone wants to know which they are, feel free to message me

"As a male its good to read this as it gives me an insight into the symptoms.

Wife is going thru the change as well and has alot of brain fog moments and I can see why now.

She also feels very warm that she has to keep the bedroom window open which freezes my nuts off.

Mother nature likes to take the piss sometimes.

Him x"

nice to see a man taking interest in his other half's health issues top bloke

"Had a surgical menopause at 38 due to ovarian cancer.

I've literally doubled in size but HRT has pretty much sorted out the rest of my symptoms; constant hot flushes, brain fog, crippling anxiety, sugar cravings, crying uncontrollably etc etc. I use a gel, as well as pessaries to help with vaginal atrophy.

I'm dreading the time when I'll have to stop using it and I get a lot of abdominal pain from adhesions caused by the surgery but I keep reminding myself I'm lucky to be alive. "

Don’t let docs tell you that you have to come off it. You can stay on it for as long as you like now

By *weetiepie99Woman  over a year ago

cardiff

I'm dreading the time when I'll have to stop using it and I get a lot of abdominal pain from adhesions caused by the surgery but I keep reminding myself I'm lucky to be alive.

Don’t let docs tell you that you have to come off it. You can stay on it for as long as you like now "

I think thats for the doctor/consultant to decide

Don’t let docs tell you that you have to come off it. You can stay on it for as long as you like now

I think thats for the doctor/consultant to decide"

Have a read about it.

It’s been advised that women should stay on as long as they feel the need to.

We have autonomy above our bodies, even though we may have to fight for it

cardiff

Have a read about it.

We have autonomy above our bodies, even though we may have to fight for it "

I have, and from personal experience and not everyone advised to stay on it long term

Have a read about it.

I have, and from personal experience and not everyone advised to stay on it long term"

Well that’s different, if there are specific reasons, but I speak as a general rule

I've been peri menopausal for the last four years and the dry skin and constant scratching is horrendous. It's only going to get worse too with more symptoms appearing x

I went on HRT 2 months ago but didn’t suit me as started to bleed for 2 weeks non stop and haven’t had a period for 2 years…... so came off and started on herbal remedies which have eased my symptoms a great deal…… still get the odd hot flush and foggy brain thou but not as bad as they were

cardiff

Have a read about it.

I have, and from personal experience and not everyone advised to stay on it long term

Well that’s different, if there are specific reasons, but I speak as a general rule "

It is still advisable to always speak to your doctor/consultant about your own personal circumstances

Have a read about it.

Well that’s different, if there are specific reasons, but I speak as a general rule

It is still advisable to always speak to your doctor/consultant about your own personal circumstances"

Of course it is, and you’d have to do that anyway.

My point is, women don’t have to worry about it, because most can stay on it for much longer than they used to.

There are always exceptions to that….

I’ve been on HRT since April, I was Peri for about 6 years leading up to the Meno.

I’ve noticed a lot of changes to my skin and muscle tone (I’m nearly 49). That said, I’ve not been doing Yoga as much - But it is a good thing to take up once a week, keeps you a bit more balanced, toned and chilled.

Vitamin D+ is a god send, highly recommended.

I keep Tea Tree wipes to hand - when your having hot sweats, they really cool you down and the properties of Tea Tree is very good.

Paracetamol takes your temperature down also if it gets too much.

To the men that have replied on here, thank you for empathy, it goes a very long way!

"I’ve been on HRT since April, I was Peri for about 6 years leading up to the Meno.

I’ve noticed a lot of changes to my skin and muscle tone (I’m nearly 49). That said, I’ve not been doing Yoga as much - But it is a good thing to take up once a week, keeps you a bit more balanced, toned and chilled.

Vitamin D+ is a god send, highly recommended.

I keep Tea Tree wipes to hand - when your having hot sweats, they really cool you down and the properties of Tea Tree is very good.

Paracetamol takes your temperature down also if it gets too much.

To the men that have replied on here, thank you for empathy, it goes a very long way!"

If you’re on the correct amount of HRT you shouldn’t be getting hot flushes.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I haven't had a period for around 3 years but occasionally still get pains. Its the sudden onslaught of feeling my face warm up at ramdom times that really bothers me. The skin on my shins got really itchy for a while but thats ok now.

The hormones, I am constantly on the verge of crying all the time as well as wanting to stab whoever is nearest to me in the head. And the aches, my body aches all over

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

This has certainly been educational. I wasn't grasping how serious the symptoms could be for so many women. I knew about the mood swings, hot flashes and physical pains but the brain fog in particular was something I wasn't aware of at all!

Consider me more enlightened now

By *urga2076Woman  over a year ago

London

Check out Trudy Scott’s work - she’s amazing.

I was peri but have reversed virtually all my symptoms via diet and supplements.

Wish women were taught a lot more about this- a lot of needless suffering.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I feel like a snowflake sometimes, how did our mothers and grandmothers get through it? "

Do you want the real answer? They suffered. My Grandmother had a horrific time with ladies issues, culminating in an early menopause caused by another medical problem. Had she been around having the same issues now, she'd have a completely different range of options open to her and probably a much better quality of life after the age of 45/50.

"Check out Trudy Scott’s work - she’s amazing.

I was peri but have reversed virtually all my symptoms via diet and supplements.

Wish women were taught a lot more about this- a lot of needless suffering."

I'm mid fifties and still peri and never had a symptom thanks to diet and most likely some genetic luck! I'll start my 10 years menopause next year, hopefully, though probably a different story!

» Add a new message to this topic