FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Due a remake

Due a remake

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inda May Simmons OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

hexham

I love the. Peter O’Toole film “Rogue Male” but really think it is about time the film was remade. It is a fantastic story and I think could have audiences flocking to the cinema to see it (given a good cast and production)

What film do you love but feel is due a remake?

Perhaps you might even have an idea on who could star in it, direct it etc !

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I'd like to see a remake of Horror Express. It's a fun film, even if the budget was tuppence ha'penny. Not sure whom I'd cast, though.

Also Excalibur.

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

"I'd like to see a remake of Horror Express. It's a fun film, even if the budget was tuppence ha'penny. Not sure whom I'd cast, though.

Also Excalibur."

Noooo! Not Excalibur. I love that movie. But it also breaks my heart that most of the cast are brown bread.

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

In terms of films, I’m generally very anti remakes myself.

Having said that however, I will always very much welcome new versions of classic stories such as, Dracula for instance.

I think we’re long overdue a new imagining of this one in fact….

Titz Towers, North Notts

"In terms of films, I’m generally very anti remakes myself.

Having said that however, I will always very much welcome new versions of classic stories such as, Dracula for instance.

I think we’re long overdue a new imagining of this one in fact…. "

There was that one by the Inside No9 team a few years ago. Great second episode and then it jumped the shark.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Not a film but an updated version of Blake's 7 would be great.

As long as it's a grown up version not some BBC Dr who style dross.

Somewhere In The Ether…

There was that one by the Inside No9 team a few years ago. Great second episode and then it jumped the shark. "

Was that the series starring, Claes Bang as the titular Count?

I must admit that I quite enjoyed that and thought that he especially was very charismatic in the iconic role.

I also rather liked Marc Warren playing him a few years earlier in another reimagining which featured the particularly inspired casting of David Suchet as Abraham Van Helsing

Titz Towers, North Notts

There was that one by the Inside No9 team a few years ago. Great second episode and then it jumped the shark.

Was that the series starring, Claes Bang as the titular Count?

I must admit that I quite enjoyed that and thought that he especially was very charismatic in the iconic role. "

That's the one. The second episode was superb.

By *akingMemoriesMan  over a year ago

Toronto

1984. The John Hurt original wasn’t bad but it didn’t realise the books potential, and it looks quite dated. I’d suggest either Clive Owen, Paddy Considine or Michael Fassbender as the lead (Winston), and Steve McQueen to direct.

hexham

"I'd like to see a remake of Horror Express. It's a fun film, even if the budget was tuppence ha'penny. Not sure whom I'd cast, though.

Also Excalibur."

Oh yes… Excalibur remade would be good to see

hexham

Yes, I agree but I like the traditional, European style vampire movie.. although “Dusk till Dawn” is a good film. I would be happy to avoid continuous US style vampire movies

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

Ooo there's one coming out very soon about the Demeter, based on the Captain's logs in Dracula. I have high hopes for it!

hexham

"Not a film but an updated version of Blake's 7 would be great.

As long as it's a grown up version not some BBC Dr who style dross."

Sorry I couldn’t make any worthwhile comment on this. I never got into the original television show and couldn’t give a intelligent critique

hexham

"1984. The John Hurt original wasn’t bad but it didn’t realise the books potential, and it looks quite dated. I’d suggest either Clive Owen, Paddy Considine or Michael Fassbender as the lead (Winston), and Steve McQueen to direct."

Mmm 1984! Yes

And I agree the John Hurt film was ok but Orwell’s book presents so much, mind ii bet everyone has their own imagery in their mind’s eye

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

As long as it's a grown up version not some BBC Dr who style dross.

Sorry I couldn’t make any worthwhile comment on this. I never got into the original television show and couldn’t give a intelligent critique "

Blake's 7 was stupendously endearing. And I've been watching it recently. An intergalactic soap opera comprised of wooden - but well intentioned - acting, basic props and home-brewed special effects. I loved it.

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I'd like to see Harry Potter re-made into a TV show. Have a series for each book with more detail that the films missed

Somewhere In The Ether…

Ooo there's one coming out very soon about the Demeter, based on the Captain's logs in Dracula. I have high hopes for it!"

Yes indeedy! The Last Voyage Of The Demeter comes out in August next year and stars the always superb Liam Cunningham as the doomed captain of the cursed vessel. I’m very much looking forward to it as I also am the delayed remake of Salem’s Lot which also will be released in the new year

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

Ooo there's one coming out very soon about the Demeter, based on the Captain's logs in Dracula. I have high hopes for it!"

Thanks for this sounds amazing! Last iteration I saw was the BBC series which was good in many ways but I really didn’t take to the Actor that portrayed him.

I still think Oldman set the bar

By *aizyWoman  over a year ago

west midlands

Ooo there's one coming out very soon about the Demeter, based on the Captain's logs in Dracula. I have high hopes for it!

Yes indeedy! The Last Voyage Of The Demeter comes out in August next year and stars the always superb Liam Cunningham as the doomed captain of the cursed vessel. I’m very much looking forward to it as I also am the delayed remake of Salem’s Lot which also will be released in the new year "

Oh thanks for this I hadn't heard of it definetly be on the look out for it now, and Salem's lot always find Stephen King adaptions a bit hit or miss but I always watch them I'm a huge fan of his.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

"I love the. Peter O’Toole film “Rogue Male” but really think it is about time the film was remade. It is a fantastic story and I think could have audiences flocking to the cinema to see it (given a good cast and production)

What film do you love but feel is due a remake?

Perhaps you might even have an idea on who could star in it, direct it etc !

"

Haven’t seen the film but radio 4 did a serialisation of it, with Peter Jayston narrating. He did a fantastic job.

Having listened to that and read the book I think any film adaptation would struggle to match up.

Somewhere In The Ether…

Yes indeedy! The Last Voyage Of The Demeter comes out in August next year and stars the always superb Liam Cunningham as the doomed captain of the cursed vessel. I’m very much looking forward to it as I also am the delayed remake of Salem’s Lot which also will be released in the new year

Oh thanks for this I hadn't heard of it definetly be on the look out for it now, and Salem's lot always find Stephen King adaptions a bit hit or miss but I always watch them I'm a huge fan of his."

Although it’s been out a while yet I haven’t seen this myself, there is also a prequel series to Salem’s Lot entitled, Chapelwaite starring Adrien Brody which has just recently been given the go ahead for a second season.

I’ve certainly heard very positive reviews about it

west midlands

Oh thanks for this I hadn't heard of it definetly be on the look out for it now, and Salem's lot always find Stephen King adaptions a bit hit or miss but I always watch them I'm a huge fan of his.

Although it’s been out a while yet I haven’t seen this myself, there is also a prequel series to Salem’s Lot entitled, Chapelwaite starring Adrien Brody which has just recently been given the go ahead for a second season.

I’ve certainly heard very positive reviews about it "

I really want to watch Chapelwaite I think I could be wrong but I think it is loosely based on his short story Jerusalem's Lot which I really like.

Somewhere In The Ether…

I really want to watch Chapelwaite I think I could be wrong but I think it is loosely based on his short story Jerusalem's Lot which I really like."

It is indeed The series is apparently available on Paramount+ ….but I sadly don’t have it

west midlands

I really want to watch Chapelwaite I think I could be wrong but I think it is loosely based on his short story Jerusalem's Lot which I really like.

It is indeed The series is apparently available on Paramount+ ….but I sadly don’t have it "

Really Paramount+?? I have that never watched anything on there, going to have to have a look now!

By *illingVicMan  over a year ago

Sevenoaks

As long as it's a grown up version not some BBC Dr who style dross."

Could not agree more. Also, if they hold open auditions, I’m there

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

The Lord of the Rings films so that they actually follow the books!

Runs away before getting slagged off.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

"1984. The John Hurt original wasn’t bad but it didn’t realise the books potential, and it looks quite dated. I’d suggest either Clive Owen, Paddy Considine or Michael Fassbender as the lead (Winston), and Steve McQueen to direct."

Richard Burton last film.

In today’s world this is a book and film that certainly needs to be highlighted and remade. Maybe a George Orwell double bill with Animal Farm.

» Add a new message to this topic