FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Institutionally Racist and Misogynist

Institutionally Racist and Misogynist

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Reports from an independent review. No. This is not the London Police. It's a report on the London Fire Brigade. A female firewoman actually advises not to let a male fireman check a females smoke alarms in your property because they go through your underwear draws.

Now we have heard that the Chief of Police's men in London are institutionally racist and misogynistic but now the fire brigade. Is this just a London issue? Why is London like this and is it like this up north?

What the hell is going on here guys ? It's all over the news.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

It's a burning issue.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

Do females keep smoke alarms in their underwear drawers? Is it because they value underwear more than clothes

By *dd_soxMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

I always supervise anyone coming in to 'check' meters etc in my house. Surely that's common sense.

Sure, there are men who do despicable things, but don't tarnish us all with the same brush

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't know why anyone is surprised by the fact that almost every institution and workplace is like this. It's an open secret. Someone eventually gets brave enough to report it, is treated like shit and then someone in a suit or uniform comes on the telly after an 'independent investigation ' and says "sorry".

Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 26/11/22 11:07:18]

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I always supervise anyone coming in to 'check' meters etc in my house. Surely that's common sense.

Sure, there are men who do despicable things, but don't tarnish us all with the same brush

"

Not all mushrooms are poisonous but until I know which ones aren't I treat them all as if they are.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Do females keep smoke alarms in their underwear drawers? Is it because they value underwear more than clothes "

Only if they wear "hot" underwear

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I don't know why anyone is surprised by the fact that almost every institution and workplace is like this. It's an open secret. Someone eventually gets brave enough to report it, is treated like shit and then someone in a suit or uniform comes on the telly after an 'independent investigation ' and says "sorry".

"

It took a young man taking his life before an investigation was launched, incredibly sad

By *dd_soxMan  over a year ago

Suffolk

"I always supervise anyone coming in to 'check' meters etc in my house. Surely that's common sense.

Not all mushrooms are poisonous but until I know which ones aren't I treat them all as if they are. "

In all my life, I've never eaten a bad mushroom

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

It took a young man taking his life before an investigation was launched, incredibly sad"

The investigation was launched after his family found abhorrent messages on his phone

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

Not all mushrooms are poisonous but until I know which ones aren't I treat them all as if they are. "

This a Tom thread- can you double check if the mushroom is poisonous or venomous...we don't need any more confusion

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Reports from an independent review. No. This is not the London Police. It's a report on the London Fire Brigade. A female firewoman actually advises not to let a male fireman check a females smoke alarms in your property because they go through your underwear draws.

Now we have heard that the Chief of Police's men in London are institutionally racist and misogynistic but now the fire brigade. Is this just a London issue? Why is London like this and is it like this up north?

What the hell is going on here guys ? It's all over the news. "

I was just reading this. I think it’s unfair to pick on the fire brigade like this when most of Britain including the governs t itself is racist and mysogonist. The government even set the standard.

I would like to invite Lord Tarquin speccy Twat or what ever his name is to visit any pub , estate or work place outside his little trendy Islington multi cultural street and see if it’s any different to the fire brigade. Cunt.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Do females keep smoke alarms in their underwear drawers? Is it because they value underwear more than clothes "

I don't find it amusing that female fire fighters have to recommend to friends not to allow male firefighters into their homes to fit safety devices.

We've had lots of examples on here where tradesmen claim to rifle through the laundry or look for sex toys or steal underwear etc and people think it's sexy or kinky. People who decry it are derided as boring, frigid etc.

Well. It's not funny. It's not amusing. It's an invasion of privacy and it shows how certain people sexualise women who are employing them to fit a radiator or fix a tap or fit a smoke alarm etc.

And it's not always feasible to supervise people working in your home, which someone else has suggested. I had a surveyor in here on Thursday but because I WFH, I had to carry on working downstairs. He might well have gone through my underwear drawer, but I'll never know. Why should it be down to me to stop someone from behaving like an oaf?

North West

"Reports from an independent review. No. This is not the London Police. It's a report on the London Fire Brigade. A female firewoman actually advises not to let a male fireman check a females smoke alarms in your property because they go through your underwear draws.

I was just reading this. I think it’s unfair to pick on the fire brigade like this when most of Britain including the governs t itself is racist and mysogonist. The government even set the standard.

I would like to invite Lord Tarquin speccy Twat or what ever his name is to visit any pub , estate or work place outside his little trendy Islington multi cultural street and see if it’s any different to the fire brigade. Cunt. "

If you mean Lord Nazir Afzal, you might want to go away and read up about his career. He's an amazing man and he is perfectly well aware of the racism in this country. He's been on the receiving end of it for many years.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"Do females keep smoke alarms in their underwear drawers? Is it because they value underwear more than clothes

Only if they wear "hot" underwear "

lol tssssssshhhhh

Chelmsford

Not all mushrooms are poisonous but until I know which ones aren't I treat them all as if they are.

This a Tom thread- can you double check if the mushroom is poisonous or venomous...we don't need any more confusion "

It's simple. Mushroom is non poisonous. Toadstool is poisonous Simples

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I would like to invite Lord Tarquin speccy Twat or what ever his name is to visit any pub , estate or work place outside his little trendy Islington multi cultural street and see if it’s any different to the fire brigade. Cunt.

If you mean Lord Nazir Afzal, you might want to go away and read up about his career. He's an amazing man and he is perfectly well aware of the racism in this country. He's been on the receiving end of it for many years. "

Then he’s the last person who should be investigating it. I’m sure he’ll get an OBE for this though. Respect to the man for his work but these kind of reports & statements don’t help change culture. Until we elect leaders with the right values nothing will change , Brexit probably took us 20-30 years back

North West

If you mean Lord Nazir Afzal, you might want to go away and read up about his career. He's an amazing man and he is perfectly well aware of the racism in this country. He's been on the receiving end of it for many years.

Then he’s the last person who should be investigating it. I’m sure he’ll get an OBE for this though. Respect to the man for his work but these kind of reports & statements don’t help change culture. Until we elect leaders with the right values nothing will change , Brexit probably took us 20-30 years back

"

He was commissioned to undertake the report. He did what he was employed to do. Read about his career before you slate him. He was the Chief Public Prosecutor for the NW for many years and he prosecuted some very significant crimes that were of great public benefit. His whole career has been to the benefit of others.

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

This a Tom thread- can you double check if the mushroom is poisonous or venomous...we don't need any more confusion

It's simple. Mushroom is non poisonous. Toadstool is poisonous Simples "

What if they bite you? those buggers are a menace when you're in the garden in the autumn....its all over the lawns

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

" is it like this up north?

What the hell is going on here guys ? It's all over the news. "

This is the Q, and one I was going suggest in another post on stop and search I think.

Up North - I don't think it as much of an issue as it is down South. Everyone gets the same crappy level of service, same fobbing off, same level of disregard.

I know black men that have moved from London who have said this is a London issue - no one in the fire service though.

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

I think everyone should try to be a bit better

Chelmsford

Report says that a noose was placed above a locker...

Its not just the NW with this issue.

Gwent Police has been a massive "boys club", racism, misogyny, corruption, for far too long.

Just out here doing my job folks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-63767823.amp

Evie

Chelmsford

"Just out here doing my job folks

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-63767823.amp

Evie "

Good Librarian skills Evie. If Tom's astronomy skills are correct then Evie was born in September or October...

Tom guessing

I think the label of 'institutional xyz' has become overused and counter productive. Any one in any job who's proven to be racist or sexist to colleagues or the public should be disciplined and preferably sacked. This is the best deterrent to others. Labelling an entire Fire Service of 1000s of men and women this way while failing to identify guilty individuals seems likely to demoralise all fire fighters.

By *arkandlovelyWoman  over a year ago

South Derbyshire

In all my life, I've never eaten a bad mushroom"

Lucky for you. Most women are not as fortunate.

All these undesirable traits exist in every organisation of any size. They are not the preserve of public sector bodies, or even males within them. They are just far more newsworthy in public sector bodies because people expect these workers to be held to a higher standard of behaviour because 'we pay their wages'. It's bollocks though, look to the society they are recruited from. There's your problem..

"I don't know why anyone is surprised by the fact that almost every institution and workplace is like this. It's an open secret. Someone eventually gets brave enough to report it, is treated like shit and then someone in a suit or uniform comes on the telly after an 'independent investigation ' and says "sorry".

"

Most women are not surprised that some men are creeps.

Oh, I thought you were just posting your bio Tom

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

[Removed by poster at 26/11/22 19:59:52]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

A gorgeous fireman came to my friends to check and fit alarms. I was affixed to him, the whole time

It's upsetting that there's so much prejudice and hatred in our society

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

"It's a burning issue. "

Where there's smoke there's fire.

"All these undesirable traits exist in every organisation of any size. They are not the preserve of public sector bodies, or even males within them. They are just far more newsworthy in public sector bodies because people expect these workers to be held to a higher standard of behaviour because 'we pay their wages'. It's bollocks though, look to the society they are recruited from. There's your problem.."

From experience I can safely say that these traits exist in male oriented organisations where there is an unhealthy level of power and unaccountability. So yes it happens in many areas of private organisations too but they don't have the power that comes with public sector areas like the police, fire and armed services.

We expect higher standards in these organisations because we need them

Having a racist, sexist mechanic is one thing. It's another when they're supposed to look after your safety

North West

"All these undesirable traits exist in every organisation of any size. They are not the preserve of public sector bodies, or even males within them. They are just far more newsworthy in public sector bodies because people expect these workers to be held to a higher standard of behaviour because 'we pay their wages'. It's bollocks though, look to the society they are recruited from. There's your problem..

From experience I can safely say that these traits exist in male oriented organisations where there is an unhealthy level of power and unaccountability. So yes it happens in many areas of private organisations too but they don't have the power that comes with public sector areas like the police, fire and armed services.

We expect higher standards in these organisations because we need them

Having a racist, sexist mechanic is one thing. It's another when they're supposed to look after your safety

"

To be fair, mechanics look after our safety too. I hope they don't leave my car in a dangerous state, anyway.

But I know what you mean. Although we shouldn't have to, we could choose to take our mechanic custom elsewhere, but we can't opt to report crime to a different police or ask for a different fire service to put out a fire.

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

Oh, dear, Tom. Your credibility with me has taken a massive dive.

I really would have expected you to know how to spell drawers.

Now I'm even wondering if you use the term 'Chester draws'. Your solecism is now all over Fab.

"All these undesirable traits exist in every organisation of any size. They are not the preserve of public sector bodies, or even males within them. They are just far more newsworthy in public sector bodies because people expect these workers to be held to a higher standard of behaviour because 'we pay their wages'. It's bollocks though, look to the society they are recruited from. There's your problem.."

I think they are worse in the public sector where its generally much harder to get sacked or even disciplined. Also in the commercial sector profit is king and anything which harms reputation or efficiency is likely to be tackled. I don't remember many commercial tv channels or adverisers rushing to employ the likes of Saville but the BBC protected him to the end.

Fareham

All bullies are cunts.

Chelmsford

"All bullies are cunts."

But are all cunts bullies ?

Fareham

"All bullies are cunts.

But are all cunts bullies ?"

Good point. But cunts are the worst of the male species.

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS  over a year ago

Moretonhampstead

"It's a burning issue. "

There's no smoke without fire..

Not all sharks will eat you, but I still wouldn't get in a tank with them.

Not all sharks will eat you, but I still wouldn't get in a tank with them. "

Did you know a shark will only attack you if you're wet.

I could beat a shark in a fight.

(On land.)

North West

"I could beat a shark in a fight.

(On land.)"

It's easy to fight something that's legless.....

"I could beat a shark in a fight.

(On land.)

It's easy to fight something that's legless....."

Wouldn't bet on myself against an anaconda though

By *mber and FireCouple  over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

"Your solecism is now all over Fab."

I've learnt a new word. Thank you!

"Its not just the NW with this issue.

Gwent Police has been a massive "boys club", racism, misogyny, corruption, for far too long. "

It's almost every police force in the country unfortunately.

In all my life, I've never eaten a bad mushroom

Lucky for you. Most women are not as fortunate. "

Exactly. It's often men that say Misogyny isn't rampant, white people that say it isn't racist, young people it isn't ageist ect...

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Not really a surprise when it's groups of men working together.

I had one of the guys who came out to fit the free smoke alarms judge me, looked me up and down and asked why I qualified. None of his businessa/invisible illness and all that... Completely out of line.

"

I have come to believe this sadly is a reflection of society in general and happens in all walks of life.

» Add a new message to this topic