FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Moon

The Moon

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lder A Wiser Passion OP   Woman  over a year ago

morecambe

Did Man go to the moon in 69? I think we didn't I think it was a lie to do with the cold war

They are wanting to go back to the moon they say but as yet we having problems

So why 60 years on we are having problems

Yes cos we never got to the moon in 69

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

Chichester

Money is why and it really serves no purpose .

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I think they want to visit Uranus next

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

Chichester

"I think they want to visit Uranus next "

Tbh a lot of folk have visited my anus over the years boom boom I’ll get my coat

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

We definitely landed on the moon back then...the whole apollo project was far too much of an intellectual and monetary project to be a mere fake ...to what purpose? To deter the Russians getting there first?...I'd call that a total waste of money...if the Saturn project was merely part of the arms race I'm sure earth icbms wouldn't have been that over engineered to carry a heavy payload out as far as the moon...the reason for not exploring the moon further was money ..and nothing exciting there to exploit...hence why the building of the iss became the more interesting step in space exploration

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

"I think they want to visit Uranus next

Tbh a lot of folk have visited my anus over the years boom boom I’ll get my coat "

Your coat in in my office - come quick

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

Images from the recent LRO (Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter) have been published clearly showing the landing sites and tracks made by the lunar rover, the various experimental packages left by the astronauts, these were also photographed but Hubble several years ago.

The main issue has been the cost to put a mission like this together.

In 1969-73 each launch cost approximate $185 million dollars and the overall budget for NASA was $6.4 billion dollars.

Now the cost is spread between multiple space agencies and it is for the first time a global venture.

The estimated cost of the the current Artimis/Orion program is $94 billion dollars.

That's a lot of spare change

By *ee EllCouple  over a year ago

Carmarthenshire

If we didn't make it to the moon, during the Cold War, then the Russians would have made it very obvious and very clear that it never happened.

They didn't. They accepted it after verifying. There's no conspiracy here.

By *urygent1Man  over a year ago

North West

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You'll also find that regulation, safety management and governance was absolutely nothing in comparison to what it is today so costs have escalated exponentially as has testing requirements - long gone are the days of just chucking some brave soul in a rocket into outer space with fingers crossed.

By *ister_ee_1981Man  over a year ago

San Fran Exeter

"If we didn't make it to the moon, during the Cold War, then the Russians would have made it very obvious and very clear that it never happened.

They didn't. They accepted it after verifying. There's no conspiracy here."

Russia were actually amongst the first to offer congratulations in a cold war kind of way. If they (the only other power at the time to have the capability) feel it happened, then it happened. The "truth" by Karen on facebook is a serious problem. Simply stating a "fact" doesn't make it true or real and "karen" needs to get her entitled head out her entitled ass.

Honestly, the amount of time and effort put in to going to the moon and the number of people needed to stay silent over the last half century or so, it would have been easier and cheaper to actually go to the moon than to pretend.

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

"Did Man go to the moon in 69?"

Yes but the low/zero gravity meant that they were just spinning around while they were kissing each other on the dong. That's okay though because 69 is a palindrome.

Zero grav shagging, though. Totally bucket list

Is it major Tom now?

By *ansexualPandaMan  over a year ago

Your Bed

We didn't go to the Moon because it's actually a secret base for the aliens that built the pyramids. Fun fact; the Earth is flat, which is bizarre as it's also hollow. Bonus fact; reptilian overlords run the world governments.

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

"Did Man go to the moon in 69?

Yes but the low/zero gravity meant that they were just spinning around while they were kissing each other on the dong. That's okay though because 69 is a palindrome.

Zero grav shagging, though. Totally bucket list "

Re entry is always recommended

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chez/Sheff

You can literally see the stuff left behind if you use a telescope.

I don’t understand why being daft is cool nowadays.

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

"You can literally see the stuff left behind if you use a telescope.

I don’t understand why being daft is cool nowadays. "

That stuff is painted on the lens of every telescope before shipping: fact

By *inaTitzTV/TS  over a year ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Has anyone ever asked 2 people to keep a secret?

You can see, with your own eyes and a £300 telescope, where we have been on the moon.

Literally see it.

With. Your. Eyes.

I got 99 problems but the Moon ain't one.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

I’ve no idea. Haven’t seen any verifiable evidence personally and dint know anyone who has- but surely governments wouldn’t lie to us ?

1) The cost

2) Reduced public interest

By *arehamMan  over a year ago

handforth

No they didn’t go to the moon there is a film showing them driving around on a 4 x 4 when you look at the Saturn rocket they could only get three people in it so how the hell did they get the bit that landed on the moon, and were was the rover that they drove on the moon, and when they walked on the moon were was there massive back packs they had on their backs were would they put them on,

It was a total conspiracy.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I’ve no idea. Haven’t seen any verifiable evidence personally and dint know anyone who has- but surely governments wouldn’t lie to us ? "

The very idea

By *eliusMan  over a year ago

Henlow

"If we didn't make it to the moon, during the Cold War, then the Russians would have made it very obvious and very clear that it never happened.

They didn't. They accepted it after verifying. There's no conspiracy here."

Succinct and to the point … now ask the op if the world is flat.

By *urvyBi-84Man  over a year ago

Lancs

"No they didn’t go to the moon there is a film showing them driving around on a 4 x 4 when you look at the Saturn rocket they could only get three people in it so how the hell did they get the bit that landed on the moon, and were was the rover that they drove on the moon, and when they walked on the moon were was there massive back packs they had on their backs were would they put them on,

It was a total conspiracy. "

Three astronauts in a capsule at the top of the rocket, attached to a service module with all the oxygen, power etc they need.

Lunar Module tucked in the top of the third stage of the rocket behind the service module. Retrieved on the way to the Moon. Astronauts can pass between them via a hatch.

Lunar rover was folded up in the side of the Lunar Module. Astronaut life support backpacks were packed into the Lunar Module before launch.

It all really simple and straightforward.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"No they didn’t go to the moon there is a film showing them driving around on a 4 x 4 when you look at the Saturn rocket they could only get three people in it so how the hell did they get the bit that landed on the moon, and were was the rover that they drove on the moon, and when they walked on the moon were was there massive back packs they had on their backs were would they put them on,

It was a total conspiracy. "

Have you ever actually seen a Saturn rocket?

You could fit a 3 bedroom semi inside

We need a conspiracy thread instead of the virus one

Lancs

"I’ve no idea. Haven’t seen any verifiable evidence personally and dint know anyone who has- but surely governments wouldn’t lie to us ? "

I have. I’ve seen actual Moon rocks, which can be verified as having come from the Moon. I’ve also seen space suits in museums that still have actual Moon dust on them (again, verifiable) and seen some of the spacecraft that brought the astronauts home.

Right, equipment such as rovers were sent up in advance, the same way as we send probed to Mars currently and will send equipment up their for when we go.

The Saturn V rocket was over engineered, with the intent to use the same launch vehicle to get the USA all the way to Mars, hence its completely massive size and the accompanying huge costing!

The issues we are having currently are as much to do with 21st century economics and logistics as opposed to those in the mid 20th century and hight of space race. Space exploration has in the eyes of the general public become trivial and dull. Sourcing public money for this now is very difficult.

"Right, equipment such as rovers were sent up in advance, the same way as we send probed to Mars currently and will send equipment up their for when we go.

The Saturn V rocket was over engineered, with the intent to use the same launch vehicle to get the USA all the way to Mars, hence its completely massive size and the accompanying huge costing!

The issues we are having currently are as much to do with 21st century economics and logistics as opposed to those in the mid 20th century and hight of space race. Space exploration has in the eyes of the general public become trivial and dull. Sourcing public money for this now is very difficult."

Sent up in advance lol.In Apollo 12 and a half perhaps?

"I’ve no idea. Haven’t seen any verifiable evidence personally and dint know anyone who has- but surely governments wouldn’t lie to us ?

I have. I’ve seen actual Moon rocks, which can be verified as having come from the Moon. I’ve also seen space suits in museums that still have actual Moon dust on them (again, verifiable) and seen some of the spacecraft that brought the astronauts home. "

"Verified" by who?

You could fit a 3 bedroom semi inside"

Very small house as the lander was tiny,I quote "Crew Compartment is 92 inches in diameter and 42 inches deep."

Three astronauts in a capsule at the top of the rocket, attached to a service module with all the oxygen, power etc they need.

Lunar Module tucked in the top of the third stage of the rocket behind the service module. Retrieved on the way to the Moon. Astronauts can pass between them via a hatch.

Lunar rover was folded up in the side of the Lunar Module. Astronaut life support backpacks were packed into the Lunar Module before launch.

It all really simple and straightforward. "

Yeah,not exactly rocket science is it......oh,wait a minute

"You can literally see the stuff left behind if you use a telescope.

I don’t understand why being daft is cool nowadays.

That stuff is painted on the lens of every telescope before shipping: fact "

That's the old way, now its part of image on the inside of the dome we live under.

Everything was cheaper back then. Suits made of tin foil, rockets made from old washing up bottles. Tissue paper for flames.

"Everything was cheaper back then. Suits made of tin foil, rockets made from old washing up bottles. Tissue paper for flames. "

Moon supplied by Clangers tv company

Lancs

"Right, equipment such as rovers were sent up in advance, the same way as we send probed to Mars currently and will send equipment up their for when we go.

The issues we are having currently are as much to do with 21st century economics and logistics as opposed to those in the mid 20th century and hight of space race. Space exploration has in the eyes of the general public become trivial and dull. Sourcing public money for this now is very difficult."

The Rovers were taken there in the Lunar Module. They folded up and fit inside the descent stage, and all three of them (only the last three missions had them) are still on the Moon.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

"Did Man go to the moon in 69? I think we didn't I think it was a lie to do with the cold war

They are wanting to go back to the moon they say but as yet we having problems

So why 60 years on we are having problems

Yes cos we never got to the moon in 69"

Yes we did. Assuming your theory that it was a Cold War stunt, why then was the Soviet space agency able to track the US' launch and travel to the moon?

LvM

JodrellBank here in good old Blighty was able to measure the distance of transmissions from Eagle to within millimetres, it even shows the climb as Neil Armstrong flew it manually over craters.

The Soviets had spies and espionage all over NASA.

The USA put men on the moon in 1969-72. If you don’t ‘believe’ it just accept cleverer people than you worked all this shit out and did it.

Same with flat earthers and the jet fuel hoaxers- dumb as a post

"

Very small house as the lander was tiny,I quote "Crew Compartment is 92 inches in diameter and 42 inches deep." "

Pardon??? The crew compartment was 92inches (seven and half foot ) by 42 inches (three and half foot)???

Where on earth did you get those measurements from??

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Reading this always reminds me of the historical story about the Americans spending ten's of thousands trying to develop a pen that could work in zero gravity.

The Russians just used a pencil

"

Very small house as the lander was tiny,I quote "Crew Compartment is 92 inches in diameter and 42 inches deep."

Pardon??? The crew compartment was 92inches (seven and half foot ) by 42 inches (three and half foot)???

Where on earth did you get those measurements from?? "

there is plenty of information on the web about the Lunar module

[Removed by poster at 29/11/22 20:50:06]

"Reading this always reminds me of the historical story about the Americans spending ten's of thousands trying to develop a pen that could work in zero gravity.

The Russians just used a pencil "

It’s a good urban legend

By *akeanyoneMan  over a year ago

LH

Nope, they didn't. Case closed

"

Where on earth did you get those measurements from?? there is plenty of information on the web about the Lunar module "

Yes, i know, that was my point.

nowhere on the Internet gives those dimensions.

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS  over a year ago

Chelsea

I can't believe that people still don't believe in the moon landings - talk about a classic example of the "you can't educate pork" saying!

I hope these people aren't breeding!

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Twelve men did walk on the moon between 1969 and 1972 but the future of space exploration should be using robots and not human beings.

Cosmic radiation and lack of gravity is damaging to human physiology.

Human explorers need to return to Earth, uninjured, whereas robots do not.

Conspiracy theorists tend to be people with warped cognitive processes, low educational attainment and concomitantly low ability to process information.

Many also have organic mental health problems.

I have spoken to many conspiracy theorists; the abiding impression one gets about them, is that there is something wrong with them.

"

Where on earth did you get those measurements from?? there is plenty of information on the web about the Lunar module

"

actually there is

By *reat me rightWoman  over a year ago

Rotherham

"I’ve no idea. Haven’t seen any verifiable evidence personally and dint know anyone who has- but surely governments wouldn’t lie to us ?

I have. I’ve seen actual Moon rocks, which can be verified as having come from the Moon. I’ve also seen space suits in museums that still have actual Moon dust on them (again, verifiable) and seen some of the spacecraft that brought the astronauts home. "

I've been to Cape Canaveral too

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

You could fit a 3 bedroom semi inside

Very small house as the lander was tiny,I quote "Crew Compartment is 92 inches in diameter and 42 inches deep." "

That'll cost £1m in central London, a house that small.

By *olin CunnilingusMan  over a year ago

Pretty City

I believe we went to the moon all those years ago. However it makes me think why haven't we been walking on Mars by now.

"

Where on earth did you get those measurements from?? there is plenty of information on the web about the Lunar module

"

obviously don't like being proved wrong

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I believe we went to the moon all those years ago. However it makes me think why haven't we been walking on Mars by now. "

It's really far to get there and back and people can only space walk for relatively brief periods before they get too much irradiation (6-7hrs max). Imagine trekking all that way for a few hours?!

I honestly think the idea of leaving this planet and colonising anywhere (moon, Mars etc) is just fanciful. There are no natural resources, we'd have to constantly resupply and we have no idea if or how we could grow stuff up there. It's a waste of really good money we could spend on trying not to trash this planet, before we go and trash another one.

PS: Man has definitely been to the moon

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

"I believe we went to the moon all those years ago. However it makes me think why haven't we been walking on Mars by now.

It's really far to get there and back and people can only space walk for relatively brief periods before they get too much irradiation (6-7hrs max). Imagine trekking all that way for a few hours?!

I honestly think the idea of leaving this planet and colonising anywhere (moon, Mars etc) is just fanciful. There are no natural resources, we'd have to constantly resupply and we have no idea if or how we could grow stuff up there. It's a waste of really good money we could spend on trying not to trash this planet, before we go and trash another one.

PS: Man has definitely been to the moon "

Matt Damon grew potatoes on Mars, so it's only a matter of time

p.s. yes, man has definitely been to the moon!

Newry Down

Man or rather men did walk on the moon, and returned alive to Earth, but I would not fancy my chances as an astronaut going to Mars and hoping to return alive.

We are too distant from other habitable worlds that are in the goldilocks zone around nearby stars.

We are destroying this planet, the only known habitable one, the Earth.

The underlying reason for space exploration was to gain military advantage, principally over the Soviet Union in the 60s and 70s.

yes they landed on they moon

an amazing feat of engineering that shouldn't be forgotten

At times there were 400,000 people working on the Apollo program and not 1 single person has been able to present tangible proof that it was a hoax.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I was only 4 when man went to the moon I have no recollection of it happening but I have no reason to think it was a hoex

Newry Down

I was thirteen years old when Neil and Buzz walked on the moon, at the Sea of Tranquillity; one if the greatest collective feats by humankind, EVER.

That day, that I remember extremely well, will be talked about in hundreds of thousands of years.

Incidentally, Sir Patrick Moore, the famous TV astronomer personally met the first man to fly: the Weight brothers; the first man in space Yuri Gagarin, and the first man to walk on the Moon, Neil Armstrong; and all in the space of one human lifetime.

We are a truly remarkable and inventive species (of ape)!

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I was only 4 when man went to the moon I have no recollection of it happening but I have no reason to think it was a hoex"

I wasn't born but it's not a hoax!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd imagine that if they hadn't gone to the moon, it wouldn't have realistically been possible to fake for all these years.

And it wouldn't have allowed the USA to have claimed superiority.

We shouldn't be returning

By *tylebender03Man  over a year ago

Manchester

No not initially Stanley Kubrick filmed the first moon landing in 1969 to win the space race, they been since though

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

"You can see, with your own eyes and a £300 telescope, where we have been on the moon.

Literally see it.

With. Your. Eyes.

"

What if my eyes are in on the conspiracy? Paid off by the FBI or the CIA or NASA or someone else entirely. Trust no-one, not even your own eyes.

"I was only 4 when man went to the moon I have no recollection of it happening but I have no reason to think it was a hoex"
I was 7

When the moon is in the west and orion enters uranus is where you will find most happiness (im like if mysic meg had a cock today)

By *iving Bi a TryMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

FFS!

There are numerous written and filmed accounts of individual people's involvement in the moon landings.

A number of countries were able to track the progress of space flights using their own technology.

The Apollo technology used is still available for study. Why hasn't a modern day engineer proved it wouldn't have worked as claimed?

Some of the equipment used is still there and still visible.

The US couldn't keep Clinton/Lewinsky a secret and there were only two of them in the room. Why on earth would the Russian arch enemy go along with this hoax?

Finally, why? Why would billions of dollars have been sent on such an elaborate and easily disproved hoax?

Get. A. Grip.

Gbat

A post script Finally: What evidence would it take for the disbelievers to accept this really happened? What could sway your judgement?

"Images from the recent LRO (Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter) have been published clearly showing the landing sites and tracks made by the lunar rover, the various experimental packages left by the astronauts, these were also photographed but Hubble several years ago.

The main issue has been the cost to put a mission like this together.

In 1969-73 each launch cost approximate $185 million dollars and the overall budget for NASA was $6.4 billion dollars.

Now the cost is spread between multiple space agencies and it is for the first time a global venture.

The estimated cost of the the current Artimis/Orion program is $94 billion dollars.

That's a lot of spare change"

Energy companies can afford it now tho

By *olin CunnilingusMan  over a year ago

Pretty City

"No not initially Stanley Kubrick filmed the first moon landing in 1969 to win the space race, they been since though "

Oh, really

» Add a new message to this topic