FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Can you....

Can you....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *reat me right OP   Woman  over a year ago

Rotherham

Complain about an MP? Ours is useless and ignoring my emails and comments on his (many) social media posts. I've tried the sec state for transport as it's he who actually needs to answer part of the question but he won't answer me directly as I'm not his constituent. I don't "do" politics but really need assistance from someone and the MP should be pulling their finger out

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Does your MP do surgeries ? Might be better to deal with them directly.

Rotherham

"Does your MP do surgeries ? Might be better to deal with them directly."

Tried that on many occasions

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wave a fat check under his nose and he will come running

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

[Removed by poster at 29/11/22 23:32:21]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Have you managed to get local media to support you and investigate the issues? They may be interested in the associated topic or the lack of MP action.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Too many MPs are just useless twats who don't give a stuff about anyone in their constituency.

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

No, not really, sadly. MPs can be "recalled", but only in really specific circumstances, not just because they're ignoring an issue.

I guess you could write to their party leader or the party whips, effectively like going to their managers, but afraid they're just as likely to ignore it...think you've just got to make a nuisance of yourself!

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

As someone else has mentioned would it be something that even if the MP was involved in so would the press if so contact them they might also give you further advice or try your citizens advice bureau for help

Best wishes

By *sleWightCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Ryde

[Removed by poster at 30/11/22 01:13:50]

By *sleWightCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Ryde

Our local MP on the Isle of Wight became infamous earlier this year for confirming what we all thought.

When the no-confidence vote against Boris was in progress, our local idiot tweeted that he had just spoken to the PM, and that subsequently, a very large, long-promised bit of funding had just been confirmed by the prime minister himself!

Bob Seely practically spelled out he had just been magically granted the funding in exchange for voting in Johnson's favour.

We all hate Seely, and he seems to be able to dodge any genuine complaint or allegation due to the nature of how the island works.

By *urvyBi-84Man  over a year ago

Lancs

"Complain about an MP? Ours is useless and ignoring my emails and comments on his (many) social media posts. I've tried the sec state for transport as it's he who actually needs to answer part of the question but he won't answer me directly as I'm not his constituent. I don't "do" politics but really need assistance from someone and the MP should be pulling their finger out "

I would write to him the old fashioned way to see if that gets a reply. If not, go to the local press with the issue and be sure to tell them that the local MP has ignored the issue.

You could go down the route of writing to their Party Leader and Chief Whip but it may not get anywhere. Parliamentary Standards would be another option.

Ultimately the only way to truly complain about an MP is to kick them out at the next election.

By *ictoria_1976TV/TS  over a year ago

Newquay

I think options are limited until the next election - problem here is if it's a "safe" seat for whichever party then they'll probably be no change

By *wingin CatMan  over a year ago

London

You can probably complain via the (gov.uk) website.

By *inister_SpinsterWoman  over a year ago

North West

"Complain about an MP? Ours is useless and ignoring my emails and comments on his (many) social media posts. I've tried the sec state for transport as it's he who actually needs to answer part of the question but he won't answer me directly as I'm not his constituent. I don't "do" politics but really need assistance from someone and the MP should be pulling their finger out "

If you're trying to sort out a specific issue, you mention transport, have you tried talking to the opposition party in your area. They might be able to help.

Rotherham

Useless has been in touch today as per the norm they've failed to answer the question specifically but net result is still the same - HS2 win!

» Add a new message to this topic