FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > First date suggestions please

First date suggestions please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex 2204 OP   Man  over a year ago

billericay

Hello people of fab,

I was hoping some of you could help suggest a few ideas to do on a first date, It will be my first time taking a girl out since separating from my wife 3 years ago feel a little out my depth right now lol

Thank you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Dinner and a walk or something

Avoid noisy pubs and clubs that play music

Also avoid quiet places like the cinema and such or in less going for dinner first

Always make it a place you can freely have a good chat

bowling Could be a good indear

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

How exciting!

Is it evening? A quiet pub or bar maybe

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

Hey Op, I'm going to echo the exciting sentiment above. If you get those nervous butterflies, remember they're a very good thing! I still get those even after months of dating people. When I don't I start to erm... slow fade.

So. First date. Go somewhere where you'll feel comfortable. Not too loud or busy but if you get on well there's always the option to stay out later.

Why not go for a country walk and stop at a little pub along the way? If the weather's grim you can skip to having a drink. But I think somewhere quiet, where you can relax is a good idea. Activities can be fun but not if it's your first in a bit.

Personally I love bookstores so grabbing a coffee/drink and then mooching around a couple of independents sounds fantastic to me but I know it might not be for everyone.

Good luck OP. x

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

Daytime Meets are best. Go for a coffee and chat first reserve some time and have dinner later if yiu hit it off.

billericay

I'm not sure if I'm excited or nervous lol we are planning late afternoon early evening time

Check out the new 45s in Our Price, then to Laser Quest and then finish a perfect night out at the Beefeater.

Works every time

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Been dating a lot recently after getting divorced in 2016.

My advice is a nice coffee shop an independent one rather than a chain or nice pub in which ordering a pot of tea / specialty coffee isn’t unusual.

If the date goes well a nice winter walk afterwards to chat more.

No matter what you do, good luck

"Check out the new 45s in Our Price, then to Laser Quest and then finish a perfect night out at the Beefeater.

Works every time "

Esty! Play nice.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

"Check out the new 45s in Our Price, then to Laser Quest and then finish a perfect night out at the Beefeater.

Works every time "

Ignore my suggestion….this

If you get to second or third date I highly recommend the back of a truck kitted out with blankets and cushions, some string fairy lights and a picnic under the stars

Works every time

Esty! Play nice. "

Just because you got banned from Laser Quest for cheating.

"If you get to second or third date I highly recommend the back of a truck kitted out with blankets and cushions, some string fairy lights and a picnic under the stars "

Oh and make sure it's a full moon! That sounds perfect.

Works every time

Ignore my suggestion….this "

Steph knows

By *istyPeaksCouple  over a year ago

braintree

If you’ve got as far as going on a date then you’ve spoken at least so maybe ask her what she likes?

If she’s into sports, food, books, history, comic books…. Then tailor it accordingly.

The 2 best things for a great date are

effort. So matching the date to her will go down really well.

And honesty. Don’t be afraid to tell her you’re nervous. I would take that as a compliment personally.

I hope it goes really well for you.

billericay

Sorry have I missed summit new 45 s?

"If you get to second or third date I highly recommend the back of a truck kitted out with blankets and cushions, some string fairy lights and a picnic under the stars

Oh and make sure it's a full moon! That sounds perfect. "

Ooh yes! I’ve yet to experience it myself but the idea definitely appeals!

By *avandPennyCouple  over a year ago

Wigan

Our first date was axe throwing.

Some good and sensible advice already from others.

Id echo most of what they are saying.

Id suggest a pub or coffee shop. But a quieter one, where you dont have to shout to be heard. A nice relaxing atmosphere.

You'll relax after a few drinks (but not too many).

And if in a decent pub, and you click, you have the option of then going on to have a meal.

On the other hand, if no real spark, you dont feel obliged to drag it out and you can leave after a few drinks.

(Oh, and dont keep looking at your phone).

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

"Hello people of fab,

I was hoping some of you could help suggest a few ideas to do on a first date, It will be my first time taking a girl out since separating from my wife 3 years ago feel a little out my depth right now lol

Thank you "

Whatever you decide, I hope that you have an amazing time

billericay

I'm so glad I posted this I was thinking of an escape room then meal or hire a rowing boat then stop at a pub

An owl sanctuary

"I'm so glad I posted this I was thinking of an escape room then meal or hire a rowing boat then stop at a pub "

Escape rooms are good, just check she’s not claustrophobic first

By *ed MartinMan  over a year ago

Shefford

A book shop with a cafe is a good idea…if you both are book worms. An Indy record store is a good idea…if you both like music- why? Because if you start to struggle to find things to talk about, you can make a game out of finding each other a book or music recommendation that tells the other about yourself in some way, or that you think matches each other’s personality. Some meet-cute ideas sound dumb on paper, but beat staring awkwardly across a Wetherspoons table!

Whatever the idea is, having an activity to do that helps overcome nerves without preventing conversation is a great help.

By *akeanyoneMan  over a year ago

LH

Usually a quick drink or a walk will suffice for a first date, a 2nd date is where you need to put your thinking cap on

Ask her, if you know their interests you can plan around that. We’re all slightly different as to what we enjoy as dates.

Good luck, have fun

Mrs

billericay

"I'm so glad I posted this I was thinking of an escape room then meal or hire a rowing boat then stop at a pub

Escape rooms are good, just check she’s not claustrophobic first "

That is a very good idea I don't think of that Thank you

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

McDonald's,find one with a ball pit happy days,then give her a backie on your bike

Failing that and bear with me on this.

An arcade with the old 2p slot games, and the like just have fun then go for a coffee after.

Or

Show her your collection of shrunken heads

Sorry I'm not being much help.

A nice bar that serves coffee and tea, maybe near a river to sit and watch the world go by,it's not really going for a walk weather unfortunately.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

A first date for me would involve a coffee and a walk somewhere with the option to get something to eat/go bowling if we liked each other.

I'd never go for dinner with someone I wasn't sure I liked, I'd find that really awkward.

Good luck OP

By *oubletroubleCouple  over a year ago

South West

Crazy golf, axe throwing. Somewhere there's an activity so your not just stuck sitting across a table.

Good luck

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Swimming.

Then you can see what she looks like with no make up on.

The mr

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm so glad I posted this I was thinking of an escape room then meal or hire a rowing boat then stop at a pub "

I'd be very cautious about an escape room with someone I didn't know well. Rowing boat sounds lovely but if she turns up in heels and a dress how's she going to feel about getting in and out?

You sound as if you've put a lot of thought into this and that's something that I hope she'll appreciate

billericay

"Swimming.

Then you can see what she looks like with no make up on.

The mr "

Haha

By *ed MartinMan  over a year ago

Shefford

No need- with the weather we’ve got this week, going for a walk will soon have the same effect!

By *es_ivebeen_hereb4Man  over a year ago

I'm always around here

"Hello people of fab,

Thank you "

Maybe something social with a few friends to just ensure no awkward silence and wondering, afterwards maybe go elsewhere to continue the conversation and who knows, depends on the times it could be a late meal, even a late cinema showing or a nightcap with nothing on offer..

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"I'm not sure if I'm excited or nervous lol we are planning late afternoon early evening time "

Find a nice restaurant and for good sake Book you can cancel but you don't want to get somewhere and there full.

Try and find an independent Italian check if they have vegan vegetarian. As this all shows you care its hard work but.

The ground work makes the date more relaxed for you. And on return her. I normally try and go in and book so can sort of check the place.

Once you with her relax and just be you.

Oh and good luck..

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Paintball

A

By *entBarryUKMan  over a year ago

Ashford

Food and chat is best. Ignore loud places

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

If going for food when you book check there is not a party in OMG.

Romantic meal and there is a hen party in the background. Ther party's can be noisy as well lol

By *sBlueWoman  over a year ago

Up North

"Hello people of fab,

Thank you "

Country pub for some nice food maybe a walk before

By *uffolkcouple-bi onlyCouple  over a year ago

west suffolk

Condoms and lube

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

First date should just be a quick coffee somewhere, no pressure, no expectations, just a friendly chat. Keep it reasonably short 1-2 hrs, then if you get on arrange a second date for the following week.

Go karting

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Not for a first date... Maybe 3/4 dates down the line

Totally depends on your mutual interests and how well you vibe before meeting. For some people a coffee and chat will be fine, others would think that's rather predictable even boring.

Good luck whatever you decide OP

"Hello people of fab,

Thank you "

Sking, tennis, swimming, and windsurfing.

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

I’d take her to Rios in Kentish Town…

By *amantha_JadeWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle

"If you get to second or third date I highly recommend the back of a truck kitted out with blankets and cushions, some string fairy lights and a picnic under the stars "

I would love to do this one a 2nd or 3rd date! So cute

By *amantha_JadeWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle

Country pub with an open fire, walk on the beach and a coffee, nice bar with live music

I would keep it relaxed just with drinks for a first date, then dinner for 2nd date. Good luck

By *XXDREAMMan  over a year ago

sudbury

"Hey Op, I'm going to echo the exciting sentiment above. If you get those nervous butterflies, remember they're a very good thing! I still get those even after months of dating people. When I don't I start to erm... slow fade.

So. First date. Go somewhere where you'll feel comfortable. Not too loud or busy but if you get on well there's always the option to stay out later.

Why not go for a country walk and stop at a little pub along the way? If the weather's grim you can skip to having a drink. But I think somewhere quiet, where you can relax is a good idea. Activities can be fun but not if it's your first in a bit.

Personally I love bookstores so grabbing a coffee/drink and then mooching around a couple of independents sounds fantastic to me but I know it might not be for everyone.

Good luck OP. x"

Slow fade, I’m going to have to use that one haha

billericay

Hey all you fab people many thanks foe your suggestions tonight was the night we met for our first meet taking on some suggestions made by some of you I believe it was a successful evening and would like to thank you all for your suggestions and helping me along the way helping me keep my nerves ended the evening with a beautiful kiss and a follow up date

» Add a new message to this topic