FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > A dilemma

A dilemma

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I was a smoker but I've stopped smoking and I'm using a vape instead.

Considering the amount of threads on here that state vaping is smoking and people arguing against it. Do I keep the smoker box ticked on our profile or not??

I don't smell or taste of cigarettes as I don't smoke and isn't that the main issue?

Vaping is considered as a nicotine replacement therapy, life insurance will class you as a smoker if you vape. But look at why they would from a business perspective and the health implications, like lung injury.

So from a fabs perspective what do I do about my box?

Is it just about the smell and taste of cigarettes that fabsters will avoid smokers on here?

T

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

I'm not a fan of the smell of cigarette smoke or vape plume tbh

"I'm not a fan of the smell of cigarette smoke or vape plume tbh"

But if the person isn't actively vaping during a meet or social does it still become a problem?

T

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/01/23 16:22:03]

You could add it as a footnote? Like a PS - I'm into vaping .. You groovy?

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Tick the 'Non Smoker' box but add on your profile you vape. Just an idea perhaps

For me, it's still smoking.

Think of it this way, would you expect to be able to use your vape thing at someones house without asking first? The answer is probably no. So then, the question becomes one of will you want/expect to be able to at least nip into the garden/drive/street to have a bit of a vape - it's not just if you smell of smoke like you would from cigarettes, but would you want to engage in the other aspects of being a vaper, like nipping out etc (And yes, you will still retain the scent to a a degree for a good while after).

If you think you can/will arrive vape scent/flavour free, and not want/need to indulge whilst there, then put non smoker down. If you can't be sure about both, or either, you should probably put it as smoker.

I think essentially smoke/vape are the same thing these days, and for many smelling of grapefruit mist is as bad as cig smoke.

By *illynillyCouple  over a year ago

Wiltshire

I guess if you're popping outside to vape every half an hour then yes...but if vaping there and back and not during the meet then that's OK...I don't think the vape smell would be noticeable too...or use the gum for the meet?

By *illynillyCouple  over a year ago

Wiltshire

"I'm not a fan of the smell of cigarette smoke or vape plume tbh

But if the person isn't actively vaping during a meet or social does it still become a problem?

T"

No, because no one would know you vape except you 2

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

T"

For me it would be as I'm really dislike the taste and smell of vapes, which lingers like cigarette smoke. But I will add I'm sensitive to a lot of chemicals.

I tick the none smoke box... I vape. I can take it or leave it. But I don't inflict it on others. I use disposable vapes (crappy for the environment I know!). But it's a very low smoke expulsion unit & I don't smell like a wet dog

Nobody seems arsed about it I've found

"For me, it's still smoking.

Think of it this way, would you expect to be able to use your vape thing at someones house without asking first? The answer is probably no. So then, the question becomes one of will you want/expect to be able to at least nip into the garden/drive/street to have a bit of a vape - it's not just if you smell of smoke like you would from cigarettes, but would you want to engage in the other aspects of being a vaper, like nipping out etc (And yes, you will still retain the scent to a a degree for a good while after).

If you think you can/will arrive vape scent/flavour free, and not want/need to indulge whilst there, then put non smoker down. If you can't be sure about both, or either, you should probably put it as smoker.

I think essentially smoke/vape are the same thing these days, and for many smelling of grapefruit mist is as bad as cig smoke."

Interesting.

I see your point on the nipping outside part. I guess it depends on how long you're with someone for. If I was staying overnight then yes at some point I would want to nip out. (just to clarify I don't stay over as we only play as a couple anyway)

But for a few hours I could go without quite easily.

I'm curious though about the smell lingering.

If a menthol flavour was used would it not be like someone just having had a mint, or a Berry flavour not like someone sucking on a sweet?

I'm purely asking out of curiosity here.

T

It's also unsurprising what others 'Hill to die on' perspectives seem to shift pretty quick on... When they fancy shagging you

"So I was a smoker but I've stopped smoking and I'm using a vape instead.

Considering the amount of threads on here that state vaping is smoking and people arguing against it. Do I keep the smoker box ticked on our profile or not??

I don't smell or taste of cigarettes as I don't smoke and isn't that the main issue?

Vaping is considered as a nicotine replacement therapy, life insurance will class you as a smoker if you vape. But look at why they would from a business perspective and the health implications, like lung injury.

Is it just about the smell and taste of cigarettes that fabsters will avoid smokers on here?

T"

Personally don’t see any problem with the vape pen , but not the ones that omit fumes you think the house is on fire

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

Honest the smell of some vapes is far more repugnant than cigarette. And cigarettes are grim

"You could add it as a footnote? Like a PS - I'm into vaping .. You groovy? "

Haha! I wouldn't say I'm into it, I'm reducing the nicotine down to do away with it completely at some point. That could have other meanings. Especially if I put 'you groovy? 'after it!

But I am leaning towards ticking the don't smoke box and having it written on the profile, then if people don't read the profile it's on them.

T

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

"You could add it as a footnote? Like a PS - I'm into vaping .. You groovy?

Haha! I wouldn't say I'm into it, I'm reducing the nicotine down to do away with it completely at some point. That could have other meanings. Especially if I put 'you groovy? 'after it!

But I am leaning towards ticking the don't smoke box and having it written on the profile, then if people don't read the profile it's on them.

T"

I'd say that was fair enough personally

By *nonymous95-2Woman  over a year ago

Northwich

For me, I meet smokers but prefer non smokers as I don't like the smell or lingering taste but if someone was vaping, I'd more likely to meet them. As long as they're respectful with it and not vaping around me strongly. It may be best including it in your bio near the top so it can be seen.

I do want to be able to see my meet when we get together haha.

"For me, it's still smoking.

I think essentially smoke/vape are the same thing these days, and for many smelling of grapefruit mist is as bad as cig smoke."

Would you have an issue with a coffee drinker? Because their breath will smell stronger of that for longer after a cuppa. Or maybe someone has a weak bladder... Would you say they can't keep nipping to the loo?

"It's also unsurprising what others 'Hill to die on' perspectives seem to shift pretty quick on... When they fancy shagging you "

See this the thing, would people actually turn down sex because I vaped before I cleaned my teeth and left my house?!?!

T

"

Interesting.

I see your point on the nipping outside part. I guess it depends on how long you're with someone for. If I was staying overnight then yes at some point I would want to nip out. (just to clarify I don't stay over as we only play as a couple anyway)

If a menthol flavour was used would it not be like someone just having had a mint, or a Berry flavour not like someone sucking on a sweet?

T"

It depends on the situation and location, but some scents are just incongruous and more obvious than others. If you just had a mint, then yes you might expect to smell that (and appreciate, maybe) if you're close enough to be able to smell their breath. If they just walked past you and were followed by a shadow that smelled of mints etc, it's not quite the same. Great when your breath smells of mint, that's considerate, not when your phone, coat, shows hair smells of it. And some people do have particularly sensitive noses for that sort of stuff, so a quick vape in the car before you get out might be enough for you to noticeable smell of whatever 'flavour' you just used, even if you have gone nose blind to it.

"

Interesting.

T

It depends on the situation and location, but some scents are just incongruous and more obvious than others. If you just had a mint, then yes you might expect to smell that (and appreciate, maybe) if you're close enough to be able to smell their breath. If they just walked past you and were followed by a shadow that smelled of mints etc, it's not quite the same. Great when your breath smells of mint, that's considerate, not when your phone, coat, shows hair smells of it. And some people do have particularly sensitive noses for that sort of stuff, so a quick vape in the car before you get out might be enough for you to noticeable smell of whatever 'flavour' you just used, even if you have gone nose blind to it."

You could ask them to set their chip pan away before a meet to cover the smell of mint?

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

The Mrs vapes so I left the smoking box ticked.

It may not always be about the smell or taste of cigarettes, and she doesn’t vape where its mot allowed, but people with asthma or other conditions may take issue if you don’t disclose it.

"

Would you have an issue with a coffee drinker? Because their breath will smell stronger of that for longer after a cuppa. Or maybe someone has a weak bladder... Would you say they can't keep nipping to the loo? "

If a coffee drinkers clothes and hair smelled of coffee, I would probably find that in the least unusual, and possibly distasteful.

The nipping out thing is just way to say that smoking is a lot more than just burning tobacco, it's all the socio-normative rituals that are wrapped around it, like for example going out for a fag, which may result in taking others out to have one with you thus leaving the room half empty or whatever. It's a set of behaviours which are noticeably different to those that don't do it, and just worth pointing that out. It's not criticism.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"It's also unsurprising what others 'Hill to die on' perspectives seem to shift pretty quick on... When they fancy shagging you

See this the thing, would people actually turn down sex because I vaped before I cleaned my teeth and left my house?!?!

T"

To be honest,already regretting my hardline reply, this is why I should reply to the poster and not the post

"

You could ask them to set their chip pan away before a meet to cover the smell of mint? "

Whatever people want to do to smell good, it's cool with me as long as they recognise it's important to smell good...or at least, not smell bad...

Follow your

Failing that you could just send me a picture of your anus

By *aked2sumCouple  over a year ago

on the coast

To be fair we’ve chatted with several guys who have no b smoker on their profile then met them in a club and they stink like ash trays and wonder why you don’t want to know all of a sudden suppose vaping is the same but doesn’t smell as bad but problem is you then go and stand with all the smokers in the smoking area and end up smelling of fags anyway

"It's also unsurprising what others 'Hill to die on' perspectives seem to shift pretty quick on... When they fancy shagging you

T

To be honest,already regretting my hardline reply, this is why I should reply to the poster and not the post "

I had removed you from my hotlist

T

"Follow your

Failing that you could just send me a picture of your anus "

You do make me giggle.

T

"Follow your

You do make me giggle.

T"

Keep me that in mind if I remove my pants in front of you then

"Follow your

You do make me giggle.

T

Keep me that in mind if I remove my pants in front of you then "

If you remove you pants in front of me I won't be laughing!

T

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

Vaping isn't smoking, there's no smoke, it's steam vapour just like what's produced by boiling a kettle.

I'd mark yourself as a non smoker but write in your profile that you vape if you want to.

"Follow your

You do make me giggle.

T

T"

Bet it is C writing and pretending to be T in order to feel the sexual tension of my lovely articulation.

"Follow your

You do make me giggle.

T

T

Bet it is C writing and pretending to be T in order to feel the sexual tension of my lovely articulation. "

You may wish, He's running currently.

I darent laugh at the age of 99, it could be fatal.

T

"Follow your

You do make me giggle.

T

T

Bet it is C writing and pretending to be T in order to feel the sexual tension of my lovely articulation.

You may wish, He's running currently.

I darent laugh at the age of 99, it could be fatal.

T"

He had been running on my mind all day already !

Well, I am currently looking for a 99 to shag. So if you know any. Please, message just Pete x

"Vaping isn't smoking, there's no smoke, it's steam vapour just like what's produced by boiling a kettle.

I'd mark yourself as a non smoker but write in your profile that you vape if you want to. "

Agreed its not smoke, it's vapour. But the technicalities aren't the issue. It's the smell of either one so it seemsand I think it's just going to boukd down to how sensitive to smells and chemicals people are.

T

"The Mrs vapes so I left the smoking box ticked.

It may not always be about the smell or taste of cigarettes, and she doesn’t vape where its mot allowed, but people with asthma or other conditions may take issue if you don’t disclose it."

That's a very valid point.

T

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

"Vaping isn't smoking, there's no smoke, it's steam vapour just like what's produced by boiling a kettle.

I'd mark yourself as a non smoker but write in your profile that you vape if you want to.

Agreed its not smoke, it's vapour. But the technicalities aren't the issue. It's the smell of either one so it seemsand I think it's just going to boukd down to how sensitive to smells and chemicals people are.

T"

You can get vape that's flavour free so has no smell, has no taste either though

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

T"

Don't think vape smell lingers on the breath, it's an assumption as I've not snogged a vaper

"So I was a smoker but I've stopped smoking and I'm using a vape instead.

T"

I'd probably say it's still smoking, but definitely smells a hell of a lot nicer than cigarette smoke. I'm an ex smoker and never been a fan of vapes.

That being said, I'm happy to meet smokers anyways

By *inx.x3Woman  over a year ago

Bath

Still smoking.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I don't mind vapes, at long as it's not used excessively. They don't taste disgusting like cigarettes do. I think you should always disclose, it's definitely not smoking though

» Add a new message to this topic