FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Positivity and all that good stuff

Positivity and all that good stuff

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

OK. I'm about to step outside the front door. I haven't been out for seven weeks. The anxiety is firmly set in. The shakes the sweats the fear the blurred vision But I have to do it.

Wish me luck that I don't step in dog shit and could you send some positivity my way so i dont get twenty steps and turn back

Please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"OK. I'm about to step outside the front door. I haven't been out for seven weeks. The anxiety is firmly set in. The shakes the sweats the fear the blurred vision But I have to do it.

Wish me luck that I don't step in dog shit and could you send some positivity my way so i dont get twenty steps and turn back

Please "

*Arnold Schwarzenegger voice* you can do it!

Here for ya!! Hope it goes ok.

By *adMerWoman  over a year ago

Sandwich

Even if you only manage 20 steps, it’s better than nothing!

whatever happens, you've taken the first step OP. you're amazing Px

By *aughty Couple ABCCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

I believe you can do this, you are amazing and amazing people can do anything

By *asterR and slut mayaMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"OK. I'm about to step outside the front door. I haven't been out for seven weeks. The anxiety is firmly set in. The shakes the sweats the fear the blurred vision But I have to do it.

Wish me luck that I don't step in dog shit and could you send some

positivity my way so i dont get

twenty steps and turn back

Please "

Don't worry I've got your back and your front given the opportunity and

You pass my shyness course agrophobi is cover also in the course also dog shit avoidence .

"Even if you only manage 20 steps, it’s better than nothing! "

Well said , baby steps . All the best OP

I did it 1561 steps. Having a melt down sweat and can't see properly but i did it)

How stupid I'm crying

Thanks for the great messages x

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

Well done OP, that's fantastic. Hope those steps keep increasing for you. x

Bradford

Well done feel free to message me

My thread may have been in fun but

I know a number of women who have suffered like you have and I've manage to empower them .

By *ong-leggedblondWoman  over a year ago

Next Door

So pleased for you, massive achievement.

By *unthum62Man  over a year ago

Benidorm

You smashed that. 1561 steps. Thats a significant adventure and you should be very proud of yourself.

I know the feeling where the world beyond the door creates so much mental trauma.

You can do it, you did it. You survived. You will survive again too.

"I did it 1561 steps. Having a melt down sweat and can't see properly but i did it)

How stupid I'm crying

Thanks for the great messages x"

That's not stupid, it's brilliant!!! Woohoooo!! xx

By *inister_SpinsterWoman  over a year ago

North West

"I did it 1561 steps. Having a melt down sweat and can't see properly but i did it)

How stupid I'm crying

1561 victories right there.

Very well done OP.

By *ulieAndBeefCouple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

How stupid I'm crying

You absolute star! Sending high fives and fist bumps.

J

By *izredCouple  over a year ago

mid cornwall

How stupid I'm crying

Future you loves what you have already achieved today

That first step is always the hardest OP,I've been where you are

Well done,so what if your crying ,you did it,be proud of you because wr all are x

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

How stupid I'm crying

Bossed it, well done

Sorry it's so fucking cold, I gave up at 500, called a taxi

Sending all that positivity and love that we can!!

Thanks peeps, I've been struggling with it way way way before Covid was announced but still pushed myself to go to the local shop for electric and gas and then it all happened so i stopped. And just opening the door for online food shop or parcels i have had to count out loud as something to focus on and not the door being open.

But I can't do that anymore, can't feel like use walls are closing in.

So thank you again

This place/forums can have it's ups and downs, it makes me laugh out loud though, all completely batty! but sometimes the kindness of strangers overwhelms me ??

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Just seen this. How did it go, OP? Hopefully you did manage to get out a bit? Sending best wishes that you are able to move forward

"Thanks peeps, I've been struggling with it way way way before Covid was announced but still pushed myself to go to the local shop for electric and gas and then it all happened so i stopped. And just opening the door for online food shop or parcels i have had to count out loud as something to focus on and not the door being open.

But I can't do that anymore, can't feel like use walls are closing in.

So thank you again

This place/forums can have it's ups and downs, it makes me laugh out loud though, all completely batty! but sometimes the kindness of strangers overwhelms me ??"

*not bloody question marks*

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I hope the weather is as beautiful as it is here in Reading. The sun always makes things better.

"Just seen this. How did it go, OP? Hopefully you did manage to get out a bit? Sending best wishes that you are able to move forward "

I did. 6am noone's about. Got my energy voucher last night so was determined this morning to make the walk. Head down, counted the steps, in the shop, gals behind the counter know I'm like this so let me sit on the kick stool while I breathe out my 'panic' then count the steps back home. Door bolted. Cry. Breathe it out. Then the good feeling comes. Haha not that you wanted to know alllll that. But thanks for asking x

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Just seen this. How did it go, OP? Hopefully you did manage to get out a bit? Sending best wishes that you are able to move forward

I did. 6am noone's about. Got my energy voucher last night so was determined this morning to make the walk. Head down, counted the steps, in the shop, gals behind the counter know I'm like this so let me sit on the kick stool while I breathe out my 'panic' then count the steps back home. Door bolted. Cry. Breathe it out. Then the good feeling comes. Haha not that you wanted to know alllll that. But thanks for asking x"

That sounds like a positive trip out, even if it involved a bit of crying. Keep on keeping on

By *aizyWoman  over a year ago

west midlands

How stupid I'm crying

Not stupid at all, its an achievement and well done for doing it.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Lovely sunshine and not too cold for a while op, hopefully we might skip winter this year.

By *rolicUsCouple  over a year ago

Alluringly mysterious

"Just seen this. How did it go, OP? Hopefully you did manage to get out a bit? Sending best wishes that you are able to move forward

I did. 6am noone's about. Got my energy voucher last night so was determined this morning to make the walk. Head down, counted the steps, in the shop, gals behind the counter know I'm like this so let me sit on the kick stool while I breathe out my 'panic' then count the steps back home. Door bolted. Cry. Breathe it out. Then the good feeling comes. Haha not that you wanted to know alllll that. But thanks for asking x"

I hope you really let the pride in your courage sink in.

This is a big news day. Doesn’t matter how you felt or how it went but you did it.

I don’t know you but that takes massive lady balls.

Don't underestimate your achievement! Definitely celebrate

So just to bump my own thread. I just did another step outside. I'm exhausted, in sheer panic, sweating like a ballsack, but I'm home, door locked, crying like a sop but

I did it

Whoop!!!

You are a rockstar

Proud fab family right here

By *edeWoman  over a year ago

the abyss

Never be ashamed of your emotions - you are doing amazing and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!! One day at a time, one step at a time

By *rolicUsCouple  over a year ago

Alluringly mysterious

"So just to bump my own thread. I just did another step outside. I'm exhausted, in sheer panic, sweating like a ballsack, but I'm home, door locked, crying like a sop but

I did it "

BOOYAA MOFO YEEHHAAA!!

Thanks peeps

Xx

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Well done. Anxiety can be crippling.

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Well done you OP

By *immyg88Man  over a year ago

Wrexham

Go you!!!!!!

By *ilkstressWoman  over a year ago

Drasnia

You are amazing! Well done OP!

First walk of March. Hopefully won't be the last. 1600 something steps i lost the count when bus went past but

I did it

Bradford

"First walk of March. Hopefully won't be the last. 1600 something steps i lost the count when bus went past but

I did it "

Your doing great well done .

By *affeine DuskMan  over a year ago

Caerphilly

"First walk of March. Hopefully won't be the last. 1600 something steps i lost the count when bus went past but

I did it "

This is a good Monday update, yess

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I did it "

By (user no longer on site) OP    33 weeks ago

Yes I am bumping my own thread, no its not to get attention as I am lacking, I don't want it lol.

It's September. Months from when I took that shaky first step out the door and I am proud of getting walks in each month. I was going early morning and have done a few late as its dark and there's no one around. I've done a couple of walks at this time to get out of my comfort zone as its light out but have been scared back in from kids being, well, kids.

I won't put headphones in as I need to be aware of what is going on around me but

I need some positivity please, something to tell myself, maybe a mantra? Or something that will help because I haven't been out because of the heat but now its cooler tonight

I want to go for a walk now and there's kids outside

Any advice please

By *eatrice BadinageWoman 33 weeks ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"Yes I am bumping my own thread, no its not to get attention as I am lacking, I don't want it lol.

It's September. Months from when I took that shaky first step out the door and I am proud of getting walks in each month. I was going early morning and have done a few late as its dark and there's no one around. I've done a couple of walks at this time to get out of my comfort zone as its light out but have been scared back in from kids being, well, kids.

I won't put headphones in as I need to be aware of what is going on around me but

I need some positivity please, something to tell myself, maybe a mantra? Or something that will help because I haven't been out because of the heat but now its cooler tonight

Any advice please "

What age are the kids x

"Yes I am bumping my own thread, no its not to get attention as I am lacking, I don't want it lol.

Any advice please

What age are the kids x"

Maybe 8 upto 13

In a Sparkly Dress

Any advice please

What age are the kids x

Maybe 8 upto 13"

Wrap a hair band round your arm for distraction twanging and walk straight past them, ignoring them, fake chatting on your phone can help focus your attention away from them, kids seek reactions, be boring and they soon bugger off, older kids are a different Kettle of fish though. Good luck OP

Any advice please

What age are the kids x

Maybe 8 upto 13

Wrap a hair band round your arm for distraction twanging and walk straight past them, ignoring them, fake chatting on your phone can help focus your attention away from them, kids seek reactions, be boring and they soon bugger off, older kids are a different Kettle of fish though. Good luck OP "

I will try the hairband thank you x

Omg it works

I played with the band while I walked past them and didn't focus on them and the mucking about they did. On the way back they were still loud and mucking but I focused again on the band

And now home and emotional as always

In a Sparkly Dress

"Omg it works

I played with the band while I walked past them and didn't focus on them and the mucking about they did. On the way back they were still loud and mucking but I focused again on the band

And now home and emotional as always "

By *inky_couple2020Couple 33 weeks ago

North West

"Omg it works

Great to read you had a positive walk out

By (user no longer on site) 33 weeks ago

"Omg it works

This is brilliant!!

By *eroLondonMan 33 weeks ago

Mayfair

"Omg it works

Bumping this for the congratulations and praise.

By *otSoPoshWoman 33 weeks ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

"Omg it works

You did so well!

Well done

By *emorefridaCouple 33 weeks ago

La la land

"Omg it works

This is epic, I have similar issues. You can get rings that have beads on them to play with when your feeling anxious. Hair bands are good and do use them, but I found the rings a bit more discrete.

Thanks peeps xx

By *immyg88Man 2 weeks ago

Wrexham

Keep this going

» Add a new message to this topic