FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Blocked

Blocked

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eekiboo OP   Man  over a year ago

Northwest

Does many people have the experience of sending a face pic after chatting then the one you send it to blocks you it sends all kinds of panic of being exposed especially if your very discreet

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Does many people have the experience of sending a face pic after chatting then the one you send it to blocks you it sends all kinds of panic of being exposed especially if your very discreet "

It's unlikely they have any ulterior motive at all.

More likely they're not attracted and find blocking the easiest and clearest way to get that message across.

Harsh, but effective.

Would you prefer they messaged back to say 'sorry, having seen your face we're not interested' ?

A

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes we have had that experience. It's almost always because they are no longer interested and don't like to say so.

I personally wouldn't be too alarmed

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don’t panic. I just assume they think I’m fugly.

Northwest

It would of been easier to say sorry your not for me other than blocking that way you just move on the blocking situation does send exposure alarm bells ringing for me ??

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"It would of been easier to say sorry your not for me other than blocking that way you just move on the blocking situation does send exposure alarm bells ringing for me ??"

I think that you're probably over thinking a little. I do understand but who are they likely to expose you to? Do they know your family, where you live, your workplace?

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"It would of been easier to say sorry your not for me other than blocking that way you just move on the blocking situation does send exposure alarm bells ringing for me ??"

If you were that worried about exposure why send a face photo in the first place?

Serious question.

A

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

You just wasn't there type and it's easier to block than face potential backlash.

Mrs

Northwest

Wel I had been talking for a while and they asked a few times I don't normally send face pictures I asked about them not having any verifications they said they was discreet and they didn't want to have any on so I reluctantly sent a face pic as soon as they had opened it I deleted it but my paranoid head is thinking they might of screen shot it before I took it of I went to massage then to see if they had seen it and I was blocked

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Wales

I’d rather they blocked me than call me a munter!

I’m a sensitive soul really.

Northwest

I'd rather them just say your not for me other than blocking at least you know were you stand that way

By being blocked, you know where you stand.

They categorically do not want to hear from you again. Can’t get any less ambiguous than that.

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Wel I had been talking for a while and they asked a few times I don't normally send face pictures I asked about them not having any verifications they said they was discreet and they didn't want to have any on so I reluctantly sent a face pic as soon as they had opened it I deleted it but my paranoid head is thinking they might of screen shot it before I took it of I went to massage then to see if they had seen it and I was blocked "

So basically you felt you needed to send a face pic in order to progress the conversation?

That choice was yours and yours alone.

The majority of people will never look to meet without seeing a face pic, unless you're chatting to someone who'll be going to the same club/organised social as you, but even then it's common to exchange photos.

Sending one to an unverified profile is probably riskier than sending one to a well verified, long standing site member with a detailed profile and lots of public images.

So maybe in future just be more choosy about who you send one to. But if you want to meet people, odds are you'll have to do it again at some point.

A

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Wel I had been talking for a while and they asked a few times I don't normally send face pictures I asked about them not having any verifications they said they was discreet and they didn't want to have any on so I reluctantly sent a face pic as soon as they had opened it I deleted it but my paranoid head is thinking they might of screen shot it before I took it of I went to massage then to see if they had seen it and I was blocked "

Well there's absolutely nothing you can do about it now. Rationally people could say they weren't interested and still out you.

By *hrek101Man  over a year ago

Herts

Jeez dozens of times, doesn't bother me, I'd probably block me too after a face pic

By *ecadent_DevonMan  over a year ago

Okehampton

Nah. I have a facepic on my profile because, fuck it.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

I have told a guy I didn’t find him attractive, so I got a load of abuse back from him.

But why did you do that ? I hear you cry.

Because I’d told him a few times I wasn’t interested but he kept on at me, to give him ‘the real reason’. I’d had a drink (be careful when I’ve had a few I’m quite blunt ) so I told him.

So Op, blocking those you’re not interested in is, less hassle in the long run. Unless you’ve had a drink and can be quite malleable to constant nagging.

By *asycouple1971Couple  over a year ago

midlands

Had this a few times and most recently today.

Been chatting on and off for a few months and have already added her onto friends list then she asks for a face pic.

Send her a face pic of us both then we get the block with no reason.

Guess we must be downright ugly.

Not going to lose any sleep over it and just move on.

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"Does many people have the experience of sending a face pic after chatting then the one you send it to blocks you it sends all kinds of panic of being exposed especially if your very discreet "
The woman doesn't fancy you is all or she knows you

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

Not had the experience in that way we just went out separate ways

Yes

Northwest

"Had this a few times and most recently today.

Been chatting on and off for a few months and have already added her onto friends list then she asks for a face pic.

Not going to lose any sleep over it and just move on. "

I think it's more like they know me it was just sudden I didn't even get chance to see if they got the picture they must of then hit the block button lol

It's the same old story...

Everyone wants to maintain their privacy and integrity, whilst you compromise yours

Unfortunately, being a man, you will be expected to compromise more than others

By *4bimMan  over a year ago

Farnborough Hampshire

Only thing you can do is tick that delete photo box so the pic goes once viewed.

Only thing I can recommend is never send a face pic that you have used on Facebook, linkedin etc because they can search that and that leaves you open to harassment and stalking

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Had this a few times and most recently today.

Not going to lose any sleep over it and just move on. I think it's more like they know me it was just sudden I didn't even get chance to see if they got the picture they must of then hit the block button lol"

It sounds as though they didn't fancy you rather than reckonize you

If your that paranoid don't send face pictures but it will limit your meets

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Don't really understand why anyone would panic because they've been blocked. Forget and move on.

Northwest

"Don't really understand why anyone would panic because they've been blocked. Forget and move on."
it was the way I was blocked more or less instantly after I sent a pic it was as though they was waiting for a picture to confirm it was me I think they know me so that is my worry iam not bothered about getting blocked

It seems to be standard practice forwomen and couples on Fab.

Interestingly, not commonly practiced among blokes.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Only share pics once you accept that pics on the Internet are no longer under your control.

And assume that most people will not be mutually compatible with you, or most other people. Blocks just make this clear amd final. Move on

» Add a new message to this topic