FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ukraine War

Ukraine War

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple 50 weeks ago

BIRMINGHAM

UK sending a long range missle to Ukraine called Storm Shadow with a range of 350 miles.

Russia is threatening to retaliate against this.

Seems UK is officially now in this War.

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *naswingdressWoman 50 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I can but hope. Russia needs to be brought to heel.

By *onlywishiMan 50 weeks ago

Newcastle

Might not need it looking at Russia’s military might in their latest parade ?

By (user no longer on site) 50 weeks ago

"UK sending a long range missle to Ukraine called Storm Shadow with a range of 350 miles.

"

Should have sent russia our missile going mac 10 at putins house

By *ldgeezermeMan 50 weeks ago

Newcastle

They did not say they would retaliate

By *odgerMooreMan 50 weeks ago

Carlisle

Any escalation is to be resisted as no one wins a war - ask any service personnel. Some decisions are forced upon us however.

By *asycouple1971 OP   Couple 50 weeks ago

BIRMINGHAM

"They did not say they would retaliate"

In response to reports the deal had been done, Moscow said the move would require an "adequate response from our military". -Sky News

By *ldgeezermeMan 50 weeks ago

Newcastle

"They did not say they would retaliate

In response to reports the deal had been done, Moscow said the move would require an "adequate response from our military". -Sky News"

Yep, didn't say they'd retaliate, just a response to the threat from the missiles

By *hilloutMan 50 weeks ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

It's called mission creep and there will be blowback. It will have no real bearing on the conflict anyway. The outcome isn't in any doubt.

By *hilledGuyClactonMan 50 weeks ago

Witham

I think all this war has shown,is that Russia isn`t a big threat like people always thought they was.

Once Putin shows his at the end of his days,can see China taking them over.Which is a more serious threat to the world.

By *atisfy janeWoman 50 weeks ago

Torquay

It's been the ultimate "War Games" for NATO, get to practice their weapon capabilities against the Russians without actually going to war with them.

NATO has possibly learnt more about modern Russian weaponry and battlefield tactics over the last year than it has for decades.

And there is no threat of retaliation by the Russians by the way, there is little they can do.

By *ools and the brainCouple 50 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

I doubt that the UK would send anything that could escalate the situation without the full backing of the UN and the USA .

Saber rattling me thinks.

By *ersiantugMan 50 weeks ago

Cardiff

The UK (ie we) have been arming and training Ukraine for years in this new era of the Cold War. It's why Putin took the initiative and headed to Kiev. Why fight for years in the disputed fringes when Ukraine gradually gets armed and trained to the point it can win? Ukraine does employ Nazis unfortunately (there are many reasons it isn't in the EU), and that's an easy 'sell' for Putin to a county that lost over 20 million people in WW2.

I don't like it - I don't like War full stop. Politicians and newspapers (and many people besides) seem to love it though.

And as always, the first casualty of war is the truth.

---pt

These missiles will allow Ukraine to attack Russain concentration areas just over the border. Disrupting Russian troop movements and their supply chain. Its about time.

When Russia can fire missiles into Ukraine from Russian territory then its only right that Ukraine can retaliate. This makes it more difficult for Russia to continue its campaign of terror.

"I think all this war has shown,is that Russia isn`t a big threat like people always thought they was.

Once Putin shows his at the end of his days,can see China taking them over.Which is a more serious threat to the world.

"

Russia was never a threat to begin with. If anything, Putin was a western leaning politician and merely wanted for his country to be treated with respect and as an equal partner. It never was. The conflict was forced on him by the west's intransigence and U.S. behest.

People often confuse restraint with weakness. They are not one and the same.

By *AYENCouple 50 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

"I think all this war has shown,is that Russia isn`t a big threat like people always thought they was.

Russia was never a threat to begin with. If anything, Putin was a western leaning politician and merely wanted for his country to be treated with respect and as an equal partner. It never was. The conflict was forced on him by the west's intransigence and U.S. behest.

People often confuse restraint with weakness. They are not one and the same. "

Nothing was forced upon him, he made a bid to reinstate at least some of the Soviet Union as his legacy.

By *oodmessMan 50 weeks ago

yumsville

An equal partner offing ex comrades with noxious substances, falling out off the odd hotel window and causing one or two organisations issues with cyber attacks.

Wasn't it Gorbachev that was western leaning? After all, it was him that brokered the end of the cold war and the start of multinational brands moving in

Cardiff

"These missiles will allow Ukraine to attack Russain concentration areas just over the border. Disrupting Russian troop movements and their supply chain. Its about time.

When Russia can fire missiles into Ukraine from Russian territory then its only right that Ukraine can retaliate. This makes it more difficult for Russia to continue its campaign of terror."

---It's a war, not a campaign of terror. Yeah let's all start throwing bigger and bigger bombs. That'll do it.

pt

Nothing was forced upon him, he made a bid to reinstate at least some of the Soviet Union as his legacy."

None of his speeches have ever hinted at reconstituting the Soviet Union. He considered it a tragedy (correctly) because overnight millions of ethnic Russians found themselves in a country that was not their own. He's stated continuously it would be stupid to re-create it. Many Russian nationalists actually believe the Soviet Union held their own country back as Russian was the main economic power and invested heavily in the industrialisation of the other numerous republics.

By *illan-KillashMan 50 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

Bit of a threat to the Ukraine though eh.

By *oeofsussexMan 50 weeks ago

Eastbourne

"I can but hope. Russia needs to be brought to heel."

Unfortunately, it’s much more likely Britain will be brought to heel. Putin sends London a nuke and no-one will bat an eyelid! Putin will just rub his hands with glee.

The EU will say we deserved it for Brexit and Biden will say we deserved it for Northern Ireland. Britain will vanish, friendless beneath the waves and Putin will dance with the rest of the world on our coffins!

Manchester (she/her)

"I can but hope. Russia needs to be brought to heel.

Unfortunately, it’s much more likely Britain will be brought to heel. Putin sends London a nuke and no-one will bat an eyelid! Putin will just rub his hands with glee.

The EU will say we deserved it for Brexit and Biden will say we deserved it for Northern Ireland. Britain will vanish, friendless beneath the waves and Putin will dance with the rest of the world on our coffins!"

Oh good, the Brexit martyr wank fantasy can join the poor widdle Wussia wank fantasy.

Eastbourne

Yes, so sad Putin is the great victim here isn’t he. Just think, if only we’d had Prime Minister Corbyn, we would be fighting with Russia right now which would make everything so much easier!

Manchester (she/her)

Yes, so sad Putin is the great victim here isn’t he. Just think, if only we’d had Prime Minister Corbyn, we would be fighting with Russia right now which would make everything so much easier! "

Well, that makes as much sense as any

other pro Russia or pro Brexit argument, I guess. Well done.

Eastbourne

The EU will say we deserved it for Brexit and Biden will say we deserved it for Northern Ireland. Britain will vanish, friendless beneath the waves and Putin will dance with the rest of the world on our coffins!

Oh good, the Brexit martyr wank fantasy can join the poor widdle Wussia wank fantasy. "

Putin’s little nukes may well yet put an end to your own little wank fantasies!

Eastbourne

Yes, so sad Putin is the great victim here isn’t he. Just think, if only we’d had Prime Minister Corbyn, we would be fighting with Russia right now which would make everything so much easier!

other pro Russia or pro Brexit argument, I guess. Well done."

Well done for not noticing my tone of sarcasm!

Manchester (she/her)

Oh good, the Brexit martyr wank fantasy can join the poor widdle Wussia wank fantasy.

Putin’s little nukes may well yet put an end to your own little wank fantasies! "

Is... is that supposed to be a threat?

Manchester (she/her)

other pro Russia or pro Brexit argument, I guess. Well done.

Well done for not noticing my tone of sarcasm! "

Oh I noticed. Corbyn is teh ickz therefore Brexit has been a benefit to the UK, the EU is persecuting us, and Putin is completely in the right.

Deep throat me harder, Putin daddy.

Eastbourne

Putin will definitely use nukes eventually. He sees the nuke as the means by which America established its supremacy at the end of WWII and therefore, in his mind, the way to break that supremacy and establish his own is to use them himself cos obs the yanks won’t dare use them again! That way he will also test the loyalty of China to the Russian cause, since China has told him not to use nukes.

If he nukes Ukraine, he makes a valuable world food supply radio active. However, he has every reason to resent stupid little Britain who has no friends in the EU or USA and is a capitalist threat to Russia! Easy peasy target! Take out Britain and life will be so much easier for him! And no-one will care. Berlin and New York will no longer have London as a financial competitor: win win!

We’re all doomed!

Manchester (she/her)

"Putin will definitely use nukes eventually. He sees the nuke as the means by which America established its supremacy at the end of WWII and therefore, in his mind, the way to break that supremacy and establish his own is to use them himself cos obs the yanks won’t dare use them again! That way he will also test the loyalty of China to the Russian cause, since China has told him not to use nukes.

If he nukes Ukraine, he makes a valuable world food supply radio active. However, he has every reason to resent stupid little Britain who has no friends in the EU or USA and is a capitalist threat to Russia! Easy peasy target! Take out Britain and life will be so much easier for him! And no-one will care. Berlin and New York will no longer have London as a financial competitor: win win!

We’re all doomed! "

All the more reason to bring the psychopath to heel

By *atisfy janeWoman 50 weeks ago

Torquay

I'm only here for the comedy content

By *ora the explorerWoman 50 weeks ago

Paradise, Herts

What will we need to panic buy and stock up on?

Manchester (she/her)

"What will we need to panic buy and stock up on?"

I hear the True Patriot Store is selling Immune Booster Plus with extra vaccine shedding booster and for a limited time only you can get a free nuke shield with orders over $99USD

By *inky_couple2020Couple 50 weeks ago

North West

"Putin will definitely use nukes eventually. He sees the nuke as the means by which America established its supremacy at the end of WWII and therefore, in his mind, the way to break that supremacy and establish his own is to use them himself cos obs the yanks won’t dare use them again! That way he will also test the loyalty of China to the Russian cause, since China has told him not to use nukes.

We’re all doomed! "

Jack Jones?

Baked beans, spam, corned beef, carnation milk - war rations.

I shall just sit in my deck chair and watch the beautiful sky and lovely cloud

Manchester (she/her)

We’re all doomed!

Jack Jones? "

Nah. Alex Jones.

It's over for humanity! (No, that's what his guest said about Covid until the right decided it was just a cold )

North West

We’re all doomed!

Jack Jones?

Nah. Alex Jones.

It's over for humanity! (No, that's what his guest said about Covid until the right decided it was just a cold )"

Putin just doesn't like it up him. Won't like the old cold steel

Manchester (she/her)

We’re all doomed!

Jack Jones?

Nah. Alex Jones.

It's over for humanity! (No, that's what his guest said about Covid until the right decided it was just a cold )

Putin just doesn't like it up him. Won't like the old cold steel "

By *AYENCouple 50 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

Nothing was forced upon him, he made a bid to reinstate at least some of the Soviet Union as his legacy.

None of his speeches have ever hinted at reconstituting the Soviet Union. He considered it a tragedy (correctly) because overnight millions of ethnic Russians found themselves in a country that was not their own. He's stated continuously it would be stupid to re-create it. Many Russian nationalists actually believe the Soviet Union held their own country back as Russian was the main economic power and invested heavily in the industrialisation of the other numerous republics."

So why did he invade Ukraine then? Do you really think the country is run by a Jewish Nazi?!

We wont goro war unless they invade a NATO country

couple, us we him her.

We’re all doomed! "

Well aren't you the cheerful one

By *lym4realCouple 50 weeks ago

plymouth

Well that's what happens when the west failed to act on putins other crimes ?? appeasment always has a cost and normally paid by the so called average bloke as the elite hide in their mansions and wank over their bank balance and then their mates make even more by flogging weapons !! and ANYONE read the RUSSIAN report good old Boris bigged up ?? but most of this started way back when the soviet union collasped the USA wanted to prove their system was best and had truimphed over the evil commies and so unleashed unbridled and stupid american style 100% full throttle disaster capitalism on the old soviet system where afew got very very very very very rich ....

yumsville

None of his speeches have ever hinted at reconstituting the Soviet Union. He considered it a tragedy (correctly) because overnight millions of ethnic Russians found themselves in a country that was not their own. He's stated continuously it would be stupid to re-create it. Many Russian nationalists actually believe the Soviet Union held their own country back as Russian was the main economic power and invested heavily in the industrialisation of the other numerous republics.

So why did he invade Ukraine then? Do you really think the country is run by a Jewish Nazi?! "

I love good kung fu

Manchester (she/her)

" Well that's what happens when the west failed to act on putins other crimes ?? appeasment always has a cost and normally paid by the so called average bloke as the elite hide in their mansions and wank over their bank balance and then their mates make even more by flogging weapons !! and ANYONE read the RUSSIAN report good old Boris bigged up ?? but most of this started way back when the soviet union collasped the USA wanted to prove their system was best and had truimphed over the evil commies and so unleashed unbridled and stupid american style 100% full throttle disaster capitalism on the old soviet system where afew got very very very very very rich .... "

But Putin just needs more Lebensraum...

Toilet paper. Definitely toilet paper. Nothing else.

North West

"What will we need to panic buy and stock up on?

Toilet paper. Definitely toilet paper. Nothing else."

What about pasta?

Manchester (she/her)

What about pasta?"

When civilisation is over paper will be useless, so we'll have to eat it. nom nom

What about pasta?"

Good call. Don’t forget the dolmio!

Paradise, Herts

What about pasta?

Good call. Don’t forget the dolmio!"

Dolmio?!?! I make my own sauces

By *arry LickitMan 50 weeks ago

Wales

"It's called mission creep and there will be blowback. It will have no real bearing on the conflict anyway. The outcome isn't in any doubt. "

How do you see the outcome ?

What about pasta?

Dolmio?!?! I make my own sauces "

Get the recipe shared. I’ve got loads of pasatta and chopped tomato but the sauce is always a bit bitter when I make it by hand. Tell us your recipe pleeeeeeez!

By *arry LickitMan 50 weeks ago

Wales

Whenever I see it on tv it's always showing Ukraine winning and always having the upper hand against the odds. Surley is can't always be that way. We are being shown and told what our media wants us to believe.

What about pasta?

Ps- loving the peachy bum and stockings in your photos. But recipe pleeez!

North West

What about pasta?

Defo stockpile tinned toms then

Paradise, Herts

What about pasta?

Ps- loving the peachy bum and stockings in your photos. But recipe pleeez!"

Tin of tomatoes, a red pepper, a red onion, loads of fresh basil, 2 cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons of Philadelphia in the blender. Bobs your uncle.

Paradise, Herts

What about pasta?

Defo stockpile tinned toms then "

Yep!

What about pasta?

Tin of tomatoes, a red pepper, a red onion, loads of fresh basil, 2 cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons of Philadelphia in the blender. Bobs your uncle. "

Philadelphia!!!! The secret ingredient!

No sugar?

Paradise, Herts

What about pasta?

Tin of tomatoes, a red pepper, a red onion, loads of fresh basil, 2 cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons of Philadelphia in the blender. Bobs your uncle.

No sugar?"

Ah yea sorry! Teaspoon of sugar!

North West

What about pasta?

Yep! "

Got a spag bol sauce in the slow cooker right now, as it happens

Paradise, Herts

What about pasta?

Yep!

Got a spag bol sauce in the slow cooker right now, as it happens "

Ooooh nice. I’ve got a whole chicken in mine

What about pasta?

No sugar?

Ah yea sorry! Teaspoon of sugar! "

I have all of that in my kitchen now actually. I see Nora’s special recipe being on the menu in chez NoStrings tonight.

Meatballs or bolognaise?

And what’s your favourite type of pasta??? (This might become my new favourite chat up line)

Paradise, Herts

What about pasta?

No sugar?

I have all of that in my kitchen now actually. I see Nora’s special recipe being on the menu in chez NoStrings tonight.

Meatballs or bolognaise?

And what’s your favourite type of pasta??? (This might become my new favourite chat up line)"

I use it for spag bol, chicken and chorizo pasta and sausage and pasta bake.

What about pasta?

No sugar?

Meatballs or bolognaise?

And what’s your favourite type of pasta??? (This might become my new favourite chat up line)

I use it for spag bol, chicken and chorizo pasta and sausage and pasta bake. "

I’m not a fan of spag bol. Spaghetti was never made to hold bolognaise and it slips off. I prefer penne or pasta shells for my bolognaise.

I could really go some chicken and chorizo though! Mmmm

By *agerMorganMan 50 weeks ago

Canvey Island

And? What will Russia do? “We’ll use our Nukes”, ok bring it? We’ve got some and they actually work.

This is all bluster from Putin, he’s lost this war and he’s fighting for time. By the end of the year, he’ll likely be dead and Russian troops expelled from Crimea and the rest of Ukraine.

Manchester (she/her)

"And? What will Russia do? “We’ll use our Nukes”, ok bring it? We’ve got some and they actually work.

This is all bluster from Putin, he’s lost this war and he’s fighting for time. By the end of the year, he’ll likely be dead and Russian troops expelled from Crimea and the rest of Ukraine. "

He's hoping to wear down the will of the west so he can continue on his imperialist rampage across Europe.

Fuck him with something tetanus laden.

"And? What will Russia do? “We’ll use our Nukes”, ok bring it? We’ve got some and they actually work.

This is all bluster from Putin, he’s lost this war and he’s fighting for time. By the end of the year, he’ll likely be dead and Russian troops expelled from Crimea and the rest of Ukraine. "

Sorry mate this thread has been hijacked by us pasta chatters. What’s your favourite pasta?

By *andybeachWoman 50 weeks ago

In the middle

You gotta love a thread that goes from world destruction to what makes a good bolognese sauce carry on as you were

couple, us we him her.

There will be an awful lot of people genuinely scared by this thread.

Honestly as long as I get to see Dune part 2 before the world ends

Manchester (she/her)

"There will be an awful lot of people genuinely scared by this thread.

Honestly as long as I get to see Dune part 2 before the world ends "

No need to be scared, fuck all any of us can do about it.

couple, us we him her.

No need to be scared, fuck all any of us can do about it. "

I know but I've been waiting for this film for ages.

Manchester (she/her)

I know but I've been waiting for this film for ages. "

lol

North West

Honestly as long as I get to see Dune part 2 before the world ends "

I know some people are terrified at the idea of the Flying Spaghetti Monster getting them

couple, us we him her.

I know some people are terrified at the idea of the Flying Spaghetti Monster getting them "

Wait what? There's a flying spaghetti monster????

Manchester (she/her)

I know some people are terrified at the idea of the Flying Spaghetti Monster getting them "

Blessed be his noodly appendage

"

Tin of tomatoes, a red pepper, a red onion, loads of fresh basil, 2 cloves of garlic, salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons of Philadelphia in the blender. Bobs your uncle. "

And "Fanny's your nan" as my American friends say, though the actual quote is "Bobs your uncle and Fanny's your aunt" (it's just it does not rhyme)

By *eroLondonMan 50 weeks ago

Mayfair

Bortsch, Sevruga Caviar, Zyr Vodka, CCCP clothing and Rasputin Cologne.

I know but I've been waiting for this film for ages. "

Me too! Can’t believe they took so long to make it.

Cardiff

"The UK has been arming and training Ukraine for years in this new era of the Cold War. It's why Putin took the initiative and headed to Kiev. Why fight for years in the disputed fringes when Ukraine gradually gets armed and trained to the point it can win? Ukraine does employ Nazis unfortunately (there are many reasons it isn't in the EU), and that's an easy 'sell' for Putin to a county that lost over 20 million people in WW2.

I don't like it - I don't like War full stop. Politicians and newspapers (and many people besides) seem to love it though.

And as always, the first (and continual) casualty of war is the truth.

---pt"

^For people asking why Putin invaded Ukraine. Some of those disputed areas are fully Russian-speaking and want unification. It should all be negotiated in peace. Sadly war being war, Putin was held-up on his way to Kiev and it's been a typically bloody war every since. We pretend that Russia is Rubbish and can't even win, but that is war, and it'll be 'to and fro' for years unless we finally and properly go to the table on the underlying matters.

pt

Manchester (she/her)

"The UK has been arming and training Ukraine for years in this new era of the Cold War. It's why Putin took the initiative and headed to Kiev. Why fight for years in the disputed fringes when Ukraine gradually gets armed and trained to the point it can win? Ukraine does employ Nazis unfortunately (there are many reasons it isn't in the EU), and that's an easy 'sell' for Putin to a county that lost over 20 million people in WW2.

---pt

^For people asking why Putin invaded Ukraine. Some of those disputed areas are fully Russian-speaking and want unification. It should all be negotiated in peace. Sadly war being war, Putin was held-up on his way to Kiev and it's been a typically bloody war every since. We pretend that Russia is Rubbish and can't even win, but that is war, and it'll be 'to and fro' for years unless we finally and properly go to the table on the underlying matters.

pt"

Oddly enough, there's been little to no evidence that Russian speaking Ukrainians welcomed this. Where were the roses greeting the tanks?

But trying to rewrite the clear genocidal intent of this invasion as liberation is... special, I suppose.

Cardiff

---pt

pt

Oddly enough, there's been little to no evidence that Russian speaking Ukrainians welcomed this. Where were the roses greeting the tanks?

But trying to rewrite the clear genocidal intent of this invasion as liberation is... special, I suppose."

-----Who said anyone welcomes this war? If you think this invasion is "clearly genocidal"(!) I would suggest you simply don't know the meaning of either of those two words.

pt

---pt

pt"

Ireland is English speaking. Should we annex that?

Manchester (she/her)

---pt

pt

But trying to rewrite the clear genocidal intent of this invasion as liberation is... special, I suppose.

-----Who said anyone welcomes this war? If you think this invasion is "clearly genocidal"(!) I would suggest you simply don't know the meaning of either of those two words.

pt"

Putin said that the liberated Russians would welcome the forces with roses. Obviously that hasn't happened because... delusional wank chat doesn't translate in reality.

So taking Ukrainian children and deeming that Ukraine doesn't exist isn't an attempt to erase Ukraine? Why the fuck does Russia get to dictate to Ukraine whether or not Ukraine gets to exist?

I mean, I know, there's tunnels of children being harvested for youth serum and blah blah threat of LGBT to manhood and blah blah blah, but... I live in reality, not QAnon land.

---pt

pt"

More importantly, what kind of pasta are you into? The people have a right to know!

Manchester (she/her)

---pt

pt

More importantly, what kind of pasta are you into? The people have a right to know!"

I like the kind of pasta that doesn't derail threads.

---pt

pt

More importantly, what kind of pasta are you into? The people have a right to know!

I like the kind of pasta that doesn't derail threads."

So…….spaghetti?

Cardiff

---pt

pt

Ireland is English speaking. Should we annex that?"

-What a foolish comparison to make! It's all about what people want. (But you are right to suggest we have been involved in all this, and for years).

pt

Manchester (she/her)

---pt

pt

-What a foolish comparison to make! It's all about what people want. (But you are right to suggest we have been involved in all this, and for years).

pt"

Well if they hadn't been fooled by other people then the Irish would definitely want to be invaded. This is America's fault because reasons and we need to restore the British empire so that the sun shall never set upon it again.

Ireland speak English and don't know what they want, so we shall take their children, continue to invade them, and claim we're the victims, because some people are gullible enough to believe us.

Manchester (she/her)

---pt

pt

So…….spaghetti?"

Requires heat, therefore requires Russia.

I'll have to pass on that.

By *acktopervMan 50 weeks ago

Stourport-On-Severn

"2 tablespoons of Philadelphia in the blender. Bobs your uncle. "

Could i use 2 or 3 Dairy Lee triangles instead...................got 4 left in the box

---pt

pt

pt"

I’m taking that as “alphabetti spaghetti”.

Ps- the reason there’s a pro-Russian movement in the Donbas is because Putin sent agents in to ferment it back in 2014. Just like he did in Crimea (it was actually the very same guy he used to lead the insurgency in Crimea).

Not judging right or wrong, but it’s not correct to say that the people of that region are pro-Russia when the campaign there is led by a minority who came from Russia with the intent of causing trouble. Then there’s the forced/encouraged mass migration that Russia did into that region and the mass distribution of Russian passports so they can claim sovereignty over the people there.

---pt

pt

So…….spaghetti?

I'll have to pass on that."

I have an electric cooker which runs off solar panels. That’s not Russian at all.

Manchester (she/her)

---pt

pt

So…….spaghetti?

I have an electric cooker which runs off solar panels. That’s not Russian at all."

I take it you don't know the reference.

Given you have your own thread, I'll leave you to talk about spaghetti in that thread.

Cardiff

---pt

pt

pt

Putin said that the liberated Russians would welcome the forces with roses. Obviously that hasn't happened because... delusional wank chat doesn't translate in reality.

So taking Ukrainian children and deeming that Ukraine doesn't exist isn't an attempt to erase Ukraine? Why the fuck does Russia get to dictate to Ukraine whether or not Ukraine gets to exist?

I mean, I know, there's tunnels of children being harvested for youth serum and blah blah threat of LGBT to manhood and blah blah blah, but... I live in reality, not QAnon land."

-----What are you on about QAnon? You just haven't read my comments properly. I'm not a supporter of Putin or this stupid war. I simply explained how this became a war. It's not genocidal, it was ultimately provoked. An ill-advised but logical-enough strategical decision to grasp the initiative before Ukraine was armed to parity. Putin simply expected to reach Kiev.

Sorry if you don't like that, but even monsters like Putin can be provoked. Let's not provoke him any more I say. Negotiation for heaven's sake - let's stop this damn phhhwwaor. I'm not wanking over anything of the kind, but clearly others are.

When China positions itself properly I think negotiation will eventually have to happen. And all those wasted lives! Always other people's lives, because supporters of wars like these never want to send their *own* kids do they, it's always only other people's.

pt

couple, us we him her.

And this is how it works.

If a few people on an internet forum can't agree then what chance of two countries agreeing anything?

Manchester (she/her)

---pt

pt

pt

I mean, I know, there's tunnels of children being harvested for youth serum and blah blah threat of LGBT to manhood and blah blah blah, but... I live in reality, not QAnon land.

-----What are you on about QAnon? You just haven't read my comments properly. I'm not a supporter of Putin or this stupid war. I simply explained how this became a war. It's not genocidal, it was ultimately provoked. An ill-advised but logical-enough strategical decision to grasp the initiative before Ukraine was armed to parity. Putin simply expected to reach Kiev.

Sorry if you don't like that, but even monsters like Putin can be provoked. Let's not provoke him any more I say. Negotiation for heaven's sake - let's stop this damn phhhwwaor. I'm not wanking over anything of the kind, but clearly others are.

When China positions itself properly I think negotiation will eventually have to happen. And all those wasted lives! Always other people's lives, because supporters of wars like these never want to send their *own* kids do they, it's always only other people's.

pt"

Yes, Ukraine provoked Russia. It existed there in its short skirt and a red blooded man couldn't help himself

what the absolute fuck

"

I have an electric cooker which runs off solar panels. That’s not Russian at all.

Given you have your own thread, I'll leave you to talk about spaghetti in that thread."

So Russia is the only source of heat?

No, I don’t know what you’re referring to. It could be some weak reference to Russia energy exports but it’s tenuous and flimsy. Plus, pretty rude to be really honest.

"And this is how it works.

If a few people on an internet forum can't agree then what chance of two countries agreeing anything?"

I’m not sure either of the 2 people arguing could be described as having above average social skills

Neither of them seem to know anything about pasta either! Very disappointing.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Given you have your own thread, I'll leave you to talk about spaghetti in that thread.

No, I don’t know what you’re referring to. It could be some weak reference to Russia energy exports but it’s tenuous and flimsy. Plus, pretty rude to be really honest."

Quoting from this article: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/09/12/europe/zelensky-message-kharkiv-russia-ukraine-intl/index.html

"In a Telegram post addressed to Russia, Zelensky asked: “Do you still think that we are ‘one nation?’ Do you still think that you can scare us, break us, make us make concessions?”

“You really did not understand anything? Don’t understand who we are? What are we for? What are we talking about?,” said the post, which published Sunday.

“Read my lips: Without gas or without you? Without you. Without light or without you? Without you. Without water or without you? Without you. Without food or without you? Without you,” Zelensky wrote.

“Cold, hunger, darkness and thirst are not as scary and deadly for us as your ‘friendship and brotherhood,’” he added. “But history will put everything in its place. And we will be with gas, light, water and food … and WITHOUT you!”"

Manchester (she/her)

"And this is how it works.

If a few people on an internet forum can't agree then what chance of two countries agreeing anything?"

Maybe Russia should solve this by getting the fuck out of Ukraine?

Cardiff

---pt

pt

pt

pt

Yes, Ukraine provoked Russia. It existed there in its short skirt and a red blooded man couldn't help himself

what the absolute fuck "

--Can you not read? I think your smileys say it all!

*We* provoked Russia (the UK and USA specifically) by arming and training *Ukraine* this past few years - ie before they moved into Kiev and it became an official war. Russia were already fighting with Ukraine. Arming and training someone's army is always an act of provocation to someone. So why did we do it?

Sheer, utter foolishness imo. We simply thought that Putin would sit back while we strengthened Ukraine from afar. He was actually seen as too 'steady' a hand. It took a lot of people by surprise, but nobody who has studied war was also shocked. Because we were increasingly training and arming Ukraine.

The problems various Ukrainian borders have been going on for centuries, since WW2 and since 2014 in terms of the crisis today.

Sadly we've always treated Russia with an element of contempt alas, so the whole damn thing has been an easy 'sell' to Putin at home in Russia. I've always said that we need to show them more respect - it's just called diplomacy.

pt

Manchester (she/her)

---pt

pt

pt

pt

what the absolute fuck

*We* provoked Russia (the UK and USA specifically) by arming and training *Ukraine* this past few years - ie before they moved into Kiev and it became an official war. Russia were already fighting with Ukraine. Arming and training someone's army is always an act of provocation to someone. So why did we do it?

Sheer, utter foolishness imo. We simply thought that Putin would sit back while we strengthened Ukraine from afar. He was actually seen as too 'steady' a hand. It took a lot of people by surprise, but nobody who has studied war was also shocked. Because we were increasingly training and arming Ukraine.

The problems various Ukrainian borders have been going on for centuries, since WW2 and since 2014 in terms of the crisis today.

Sadly we've always treated Russia with an element of contempt alas, so the whole damn thing has been an easy 'sell' to Putin at home in Russia. I've always said that we need to show them more respect - it's just called diplomacy.

pt

"

Russia should stick its nose out of Ukraine's business.

And for someone who's not pro Putin, the "America made Russia do it" argument is indistinguishable from Russian propaganda

"

No, I don’t know what you’re referring to. It could be some weak reference to Russia energy exports but it’s tenuous and flimsy. Plus, pretty rude to be really honest.

Quoting from this article: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/09/12/europe/zelensky-message-kharkiv-russia-ukraine-intl/index.html

"In a Telegram post addressed to Russia, Zelensky asked: “Do you still think that we are ‘one nation?’ Do you still think that you can scare us, break us, make us make concessions?”

“You really did not understand anything? Don’t understand who we are? What are we for? What are we talking about?,” said the post, which published Sunday.

“Read my lips: Without gas or without you? Without you. Without light or without you? Without you. Without water or without you? Without you. Without food or without you? Without you,” Zelensky wrote.

“Cold, hunger, darkness and thirst are not as scary and deadly for us as your ‘friendship and brotherhood,’” he added. “But history will put everything in its place. And we will be with gas, light, water and food … and WITHOUT you!”""

Yeah the European reliance on Russian energy exports are well documented and have been from long before the invasion of Ukraine. Even Donald Trump made the observation to the heads of state at a NATO meeting.

There are other means of heating spaghetti though. Electric cooker powered by solar.

Manchester (she/her)

"

“Cold, hunger, darkness and thirst are not as scary and deadly for us as your ‘friendship and brotherhood,’” he added. “But history will put everything in its place. And we will be with gas, light, water and food … and WITHOUT you!”"

Yeah the European reliance on Russian energy exports are well documented and have been from long before the invasion of Ukraine. Even Donald Trump made the observation to the heads of state at a NATO meeting.

There are other means of heating spaghetti though. Electric cooker powered by solar."

OK.

I prefer pasta that's certified free of Russian apologia, genocide, and thread derailing. Hope this helps.

Cardiff

---pt

pt

pt

pt

what the absolute fuck

pt

Russia should stick its nose out of Ukraine's business.

And for someone who's not pro Putin, the "America made Russia do it" argument is indistinguishable from Russian propaganda "

----I find those constant smileys actually pretty offensive. What are you like? What I'm saying isn't even that deep. I'm out of this one. We are doomed to endless war I tell you.

pt

Manchester (she/her)

"

----I find those constant smileys actually pretty offensive. What are you like? What I'm saying isn't even that deep. I'm out of this one. We are doomed to endless war I tell you.

pt"

No, it's not deep, it's just recycled Russian propaganda.

yumsville

" so the whole damn thing has been an easy 'sell' to Putin at home in Russia. I've always said that we need to show them more respect - it's just called diplomacy.

pt

"

It would have helped too if we vaselined up our arses and let him fuck us while riding his horse - bareback ??

yumsville

didn't sign that off

Gm.

Manchester (she/her)

" so the whole damn thing has been an easy 'sell' to Putin at home in Russia. I've always said that we need to show them more respect - it's just called diplomacy.

pt

It would have helped too if we vaselined up our arses and let him fuck us while riding his horse - bareback ??

"

It's a bait and switch on the two meanings of respect. Bit like politicians: I'll treat you with respect if you treat me with respect. Translation - I'll treat you as a human if you grovel.

So, you know, fuck all of that.

Russia wants to do whatever it wants in order for it not to threaten sovereign nations with invasions or nukes. Some of the writing from the top has been clear through the war that it wants to eliminate the concept of Ukrainian and restore Russia back to the days when Finland was part of the empire.

It's the old "you're free to swing your fist as long as you don't hit my nose" thing. Russia is hitting noses. Enough.

There will be escalation over the black sea. UK rivet joints are always in the area. Probably more dangerous intercepts.

By *lynJMan 50 weeks ago

Morden

"UK sending a long range missle to Ukraine called Storm Shadow with a range of 350 miles.

"

The range is 155 miles, not 350.

By *ig and MangoCouple 50 weeks ago

Burnley

We should have stayed out of it..

"We should have stayed out of it.. "

This^

North West

"We should have stayed out of it.. "

Yep, no Home for Ukraine or similar. Leave them to it, eh?

We have always been in it .

It's a proxy war for the west.

Manchester (she/her)

"We should have stayed out of it..

Yep, no Home for Ukraine or similar. Leave them to it, eh? "

Well, if you read what Putin said, Ukraine doesn't exist. They're just denying who they really are. They should let themselves subject themselves to Russia.

It's not like Russia isn't trying to destabilise us. Eh, not our problem, whatevs, what's on telly

Wonder if Russia invaded Ukraine because of the gas pipeline that runs through Ukraine? Russia runs its gas export to Europe through it.

By *agerMorganMan 50 weeks ago

Canvey Island

This is all bluster from Putin, he’s lost this war and he’s fighting for time. By the end of the year, he’ll likely be dead and Russian troops expelled from Crimea and the rest of Ukraine.

Sorry mate this thread has been hijacked by us pasta chatters. What’s your favourite pasta?"

Sorry laddy, didn’t see this! Ooo good question, it’s a tie between Penne and your classic Tagliatelle

Stupid country that’s why always getting involved

We have our fingers in a lot of pies in this war, but I doubt Russia will retaliate against UK due to NATO. And not to worry people, if you knew the state of our military force, you'd know we wouldn't be winning any war. Just saying just some gen for yous.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple 50 weeks ago

Cumbria

[Removed by poster at 11/05/23 21:54:40]

By *redwilma666Couple 50 weeks ago

Kilbirnie

Just remember, fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity

"Just remember, fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity"

Apart from WW1/2,

Its always been about money !

Falklands - Oil, Afghan/Iraq - Oil

As long as greed exists, war is inevitable!

"Wonder if Russia invaded Ukraine because of the gas pipeline that runs through Ukraine? Russia runs its gas export to Europe through it. "

I don’t think that’s the reason. Russia and Europe were getting along really with regards to gas exports. In fact a second pipeline was almost finished being built.

The reason is that Ukraine had a change of government from being pro-Russia to being pro-west (and ultimately pro NATO). Historically Russia has been invaded through Ukraine many times and they have a fear of invasion, which is why they want neutral buffer countries between them and NATO.

They’ve invaded several bordering countries in recent years and have largely got away with it. They miscalculated on the reaction this time and they find it increasingly difficult to extract themselves from this conflict.

It’s a bit of a mess and it’s difficult to see either side settling without changes of leadership.

"Wonder if Russia invaded Ukraine because of the gas pipeline that runs through Ukraine? Russia runs its gas export to Europe through it. "

And you need to share your favourite pasta. How could I forget?

Sorry mate this thread has been hijacked by us pasta chatters. What’s your favourite pasta?

Sorry laddy, didn’t see this! Ooo good question, it’s a tie between Penne and your classic Tagliatelle "

Good choices. Straightforward and goes with almost anything.

By *alandNitaCouple 50 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"They did not say they would retaliate

In response to reports the deal had been done, Moscow said the move would require an "adequate response from our military". -Sky News"

That probably means their subs will be targeting our Internet cables and fuel supply again

By *ools and the brainCouple 49 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

So the possibility of the USA providing war planes and training definitely moves things up to another level.

Are we on the verge of a full scale escalation?

By *AYENCouple 49 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

"So the possibility of the USA providing war planes and training definitely moves things up to another level.

Are we on the verge of a full scale escalation?"

I read an article from an ex USAF pilot saying the F16's would be a waste in Ukraine as they are no match against the Russian 5th generation fighters. But I've also read that Rusky pilots are crap, so maybe it would be balanced out.

By (user no longer on site) 49 weeks ago

"So the possibility of the USA providing war planes and training definitely moves things up to another level.

I read an article from an ex USAF pilot saying the F16's would be a waste in Ukraine as they are no match against the Russian 5th generation fighters. But I've also read that Rusky pilots are crap, so maybe it would be balanced out. "

F16 is a multirole aircraft the SU 57 is stealth air superiority. There are only 74 57s compared to thousands of 16s. The 16 is a perfect option for Ukraine.

By *4bimMan 49 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

in case you havent seen this.

https://youtu.be/YHLU0Uej1WA

this is a little dated ( change of pm, queen etc) but is a highly likely scenario of how things could escalate.

couple, us we him her.

"in case you havent seen this.

this is a little dated ( change of pm, queen etc) but is a highly likely scenario of how things could escalate.

"

Can you please explain,I never go to links you never know what you are clicking on.

By *4bimMan 49 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

"in case you havent seen this.

Can you please explain,I never go to links you never know what you are clicking on."

its a professional mock bbc news live broadcast about russian escalation after nato shot down a russian spy plane. it has news presenters, mps. lasts about an hour but demonstrates how quickly things can go to a full blown nuclear war

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple 49 weeks ago

Coventry

Russia's threats lost all credibility fairly early into this War. Which is a big problem because the more this War goes on the more credibility and respect Putin loses in many areas. Something that I'm sure is being observed closely by the former Central Asian Soviet Republics. More and more the wheels keep falling off Putins waggon (internally and externally). So obviously such threats need not be completely mugged off but the evidence suggests careful increase in Ukraines abilities is the way forward.

I believe this won't be a short War because its a war Putin can not end it. He is now in a position where he can not win so his only option is a constant state of war for his very survival. I don't believe it will end on the battle field with Ukraine sweeping the Russian's out in one big offensive. However I do believe it will end from within in Russia partly as result of Ukraine slowly stepping from battlefield Victory to battlefield victory. Gaining victories, capabilities and experience over the next couple of years. There will come a point where desipite the grip on the information space, the propaganda, the vast pool of resources Russia's position on Ukrainian soil will become completely untenable. There will also come a point in the next year I believe the Russian public purse will start to struggle to pay wages, pensions and benifits. And despite the propaganda and public hype on the surface I dont believe the average Russian is willing to lose everything and/or put their life on the line for a war in another country. When autocraticies do fall they fall fast and I believe in a year or twos time the regime will snap and that will end the war in classic Russian fashion.

couple, us we him her.

"Russia's threats lost all credibility fairly early into this War. Which is a big problem because the more this War goes on the more credibility and respect Putin loses in many areas. Something that I'm sure is being observed closely by the former Central Asian Soviet Republics. More and more the wheels keep falling off Putins waggon (internally and externally). So obviously such threats need not be completely mugged off but the evidence suggests careful increase in Ukraines abilities is the way forward.

I believe this won't be a short War because its a war Putin can not end it. He is now in a position where he can not win so his only option is a constant state of war for his very survival. I don't believe it will end on the battle field with Ukraine sweeping the Russian's out in one big offensive. However I do believe it will end from within in Russia partly as result of Ukraine slowly stepping from battlefield Victory to battlefield victory. Gaining victories, capabilities and experience over the next couple of years. There will come a point where desipite the grip on the information space, the propaganda, the vast pool of resources Russia's position on Ukrainian soil will become completely untenable. There will also come a point in the next year I believe the Russian public purse will start to struggle to pay wages, pensions and benifits. And despite the propaganda and public hype on the surface I dont believe the average Russian is willing to lose everything and/or put their life on the line for a war in another country. When autocraticies do fall they fall fast and I believe in a year or twos time the regime will snap and that will end the war in classic Russian fashion. "

An icepick in the earhole.

Have a whip round to pay my fee and I’ll pop over to Moscow and sort the twonk out.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple 49 weeks ago

Coventry

I read an article from an ex USAF pilot saying the F16's would be a waste in Ukraine as they are no match against the Russian 5th generation fighters. But I've also read that Rusky pilots are crap, so maybe it would be balanced out. "

And where is the Russian Air Force in this war? And where are its 5th Gen Fighters? I suspect Russia will be very reluctant to lose prestige by fielding yet another totally overhyped weapon system only for it to be found to be naf. The West is very guilty of buying into the Myth of this mighty, high tech, professional Russian war machine over the last 10 year. Before the war so many analysts had totally bought what Moscow was selling about its strengths and it high tech milliarty. Its like no one even looked at Moscow's defence spending and said there's no way you and have and do all that on paper with such a little budget. For me the maths never added up and I always suspect the modern Russian armed forces was a paper bear. This war has proved just that.

By *ob Carpe DiemMan 49 weeks ago

Torquay

I read an article from an ex USAF pilot saying the F16's would be a waste in Ukraine as they are no match against the Russian 5th generation fighters. But I've also read that Rusky pilots are crap, so maybe it would be balanced out.

And where is the Russian Air Force in this war? And where are its 5th Gen Fighters? I suspect Russia will be very reluctant to lose prestige by fielding yet another totally overhyped weapon system only for it to be found to be naf. The West is very guilty of buying into the Myth of this mighty, high tech, professional Russian war machine over the last 10 year. Before the war so many analysts had totally bought what Moscow was selling about its strengths and it high tech milliarty. Its like no one even looked at Moscow's defence spending and said there's no way you and have and do all that on paper with such a little budget. For me the maths never added up and I always suspect the modern Russian armed forces was a paper bear. This war has proved just that."

Completely agree, the same came to light after the first gulf war

And where is the Russian Air Force in this war? And where are its 5th Gen Fighters? I suspect Russia will be very reluctant to lose prestige by fielding yet another totally overhyped weapon system only for it to be found to be naf. The West is very guilty of buying into the Myth of this mighty, high tech, professional Russian war machine over the last 10 year. Before the war so many analysts had totally bought what Moscow was selling about its strengths and it high tech milliarty. Its like no one even looked at Moscow's defence spending and said there's no way you and have and do all that on paper with such a little budget. For me the maths never added up and I always suspect the modern Russian armed forces was a paper bear. This war has proved just that."

That is what mind boggling. Russia. Was supposed to be near peer. No SEAD operations at all it's just ww1 tactics. No fire and manuvere. Just waves of human beings.

By *enrythe8thMan 48 weeks ago

worthing

The wars been going on since 2014

By *AYENCouple 48 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

I read an article from an ex USAF pilot saying the F16's would be a waste in Ukraine as they are no match against the Russian 5th generation fighters. But I've also read that Rusky pilots are crap, so maybe it would be balanced out. F16 is a multirole aircraft the SU 57 is stealth air superiority. There are only 74 57s compared to thousands of 16s. The 16 is a perfect option for Ukraine."

I believe they've been offered 15-16 F16's, hopefully more will follow.

By *naswingdressWoman 48 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I read an article from an ex USAF pilot saying the F16's would be a waste in Ukraine as they are no match against the Russian 5th generation fighters. But I've also read that Rusky pilots are crap, so maybe it would be balanced out. F16 is a multirole aircraft the SU 57 is stealth air superiority. There are only 74 57s compared to thousands of 16s. The 16 is a perfect option for Ukraine.

I believe they've been offered 15-16 F16's, hopefully more will follow."

By *etterdays2021Man 48 weeks ago

PETERBOROUGH

Its so wrong..so much money for the war when children dont have nothing to eat or drink..the orices of everything keep rising...the government gives the money or wherever but we are the ones paying for it...

War is wrong and its not good for nothing ...

I hope this will end soon...for all of our sake.

Lincolnshire

"Its so wrong..so much money for the war when children dont have nothing to eat or drink..the orices of everything keep rising...the government gives the money or wherever but we are the ones paying for it...

I hope this will end soon...for all of our sake."

I think this is just about everyone's sentiment, except a few hundred shits in Russia.

Manchester (she/her)

"Its so wrong..so much money for the war when children dont have nothing to eat or drink..the orices of everything keep rising...the government gives the money or wherever but we are the ones paying for it...

I think this is just about everyone's sentiment, except a few hundred shits in Russia. "

Yup.

War sucks. But given Russia decided to take things that don't belong to them, we should help the innocent party in this

By *atisfy janeWoman 48 weeks ago

Torquay

I hope this will end soon...for all of our sake."

Are you referring to this country with your comment about children not having anything to eat or drink?

Manchester (she/her)

Are you referring to this country with your comment about children not having anything to eat or drink?"

Ukrainian kids are suffering too, I'm sure.

By (user no longer on site) 48 weeks ago

"Any escalation is to be resisted as no one wins a war - ask any service personnel. Some decisions are forced upon us however.

"

Well we definitely kicked the Argentinians butt

Torquay

Are you referring to this country with your comment about children not having anything to eat or drink?

Ukrainian kids are suffering too, I'm sure. "

I'm sure they are, I'm just trying to understand the point he was trying to make about kids not eating.

By *2000ManMan 48 weeks ago

Worthing

Send Knowsley in!

By *odgerMooreMan 48 weeks ago

Carlisle

"Any escalation is to be resisted as no one wins a war - ask any service personnel. Some decisions are forced upon us however.

"

It’s not about that - people still lost their lives… im not a pacifist by any stretch and liberty is worth fighting for but my comment is that no one wins.. both sides lose something even if they prevail.

"

Yeah to secure the oil that belonged to the 1%, lots of young lives lost for the rich man's gain Once all that oil dries up, they'll give Argentina the islands back

Torquay

"

All those young lives lost because Maggie Thatcher was staring a landslide election loss in the face....let's get the union jacks waving down at Portsmouth and Plymouth and a bit of "Rule Britannia", nothing like a military success to bolster the electorate.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 48 weeks ago

nearby

Too little too late

Should have crushed Putin in the early weeks of the invasion. Hollow nuclear threats and his army a global laughing stock, 453rd day of 3 day special operation.

By *rHotNottsMan 48 weeks ago

Dubai / Nottingham

This war could have been easily avoided if the west didn’t arm and support Ukraine and encourage them to attack Russia.

Putin was never a threat

Torquay

"This war could have been easily avoided if the west didn’t arm and support Ukraine and encourage them to attack Russia.

Putin was never a threat "

Yes Ukraine should have just taken it on the chin and not made so much fuss, after all what's all the fuss about having the shit bombed out of your country?

By *eroLondonMan 48 weeks ago

Mayfair

"This war could have been easily avoided if the west didn’t arm and support Ukraine and encourage them to attack Russia.

Putin was never a threat "

Correct. The "special military operation" directed by Russia against Ukraine was just a harmless tea party with minstrels and harlequins employing weapons of laughter and invective school playground foul language.

Manchester (she/her)

Putin was never a threat

Correct. The "special military operation" directed by Russia against Ukraine was just a harmless tea party with minstrels and harlequins employing weapons of laughter and invective school playground foul language. "

Brotherly love with tanks and shit

All those young lives lost because Maggie Thatcher was staring a landslide election loss in the face....let's get the union jacks waving down at Portsmouth and Plymouth and a bit of "Rule Britannia", nothing like a military success to bolster the electorate."

She may have used it to gain political points, but should we have abandoned the falklands and the people who live there to a military junta government? One that was also losing touch with its own people. So they saw the falklands as an easy victory and didn’t expect the reply given.

The French didn’t come out of that one smelling of roses too! Seeing they were selling Mirage jets and exorcet middles to Argentina until the US threatened them with huge sanctions.

I’ve been to the falklands and it’s very much British.

By *apidaryMan 48 weeks ago

Chipping Norton

Putin was never a threat

Correct. The "special military operation" directed by Russia against Ukraine was just a harmless tea party with minstrels and harlequins employing weapons of laughter and invective school playground foul language. "

That's what people underestimate about Putin: his sense of humour. His face isn't the cold, flat, merciless visage of a killer, he's just deadpan. Great line in mother-in-law jokes, all the classics. And you should see him with hecklers - he defenestrates them. Oh, how they corpse themselves.

Manchester (she/her)

Putin was never a threat

Correct. The "special military operation" directed by Russia against Ukraine was just a harmless tea party with minstrels and harlequins employing weapons of laughter and invective school playground foul language.

That's what people underestimate about Putin: his sense of humour. His face isn't the cold, flat, merciless visage of a killer, he's just deadpan. Great line in mother-in-law jokes, all the classics. And you should see him with hecklers - he defenestrates them. Oh, how they corpse themselves."

It's all fun and games until someone poisons themselves and falls out of a window.

Putin was never a threat

Putin has been losing favour and his grip on the Russian oriole for years, he saw what he did in the Crimean as a way of taking bits of the old USSR back bit by bit, but obvs only wanted the bits that bolster Russian hold over Europe with the threat of energy sanctions.

Putin made a huge gamble the fact he’s employing mercenary groups to bolster is failing military is proof he over shot.

Torquay

All those young lives lost because Maggie Thatcher was staring a landslide election loss in the face....let's get the union jacks waving down at Portsmouth and Plymouth and a bit of "Rule Britannia", nothing like a military success to bolster the electorate.

She may have used it to gain political points, but should we have abandoned the falklands and the people who live there to a military junta government? One that was also losing touch with its own people. So they saw the falklands as an easy victory and didn’t expect the reply given.

The French didn’t come out of that one smelling of roses too! Seeing they were selling Mirage jets and exorcet middles to Argentina until the US threatened them with huge sanctions.

I’ve been to the falklands and it’s very much British. "

American Intelligence Agencies had been warning the British government for over two years about the impending military threat to the Falklands from Argentina.....yet Thatcher's response was to refuse the advice of senior British military officers to bolster defences on the islands.

A simple reinforcing of The Falklands with manpower and a couple of warships would have saved the carnage that followed.

Thatcher kept The Falklands in her back pocket as a potential vote winner for the future.

All those lives wasted.....

By *rHotNottsMan 48 weeks ago

Dubai / Nottingham

Putin was never a threat

You’ve clearly never visited the border before the war and seen what your taxes have been financing all these years or been paying attention in general to what’s been going on for last decade or so.

Anyway now you have super high gas prices , because your foolish government can’t even do a proxy war properly

Lincolnshire

Putin was never a threat

You’ve clearly never visited the border before the war and seen what your taxes have been financing all these years or been paying attention in general to what’s been going on for last decade or so.

Anyway now you have super high gas prices , because your foolish government can’t even do a proxy war properly "

I've seen you make several pro-Russian remarks, are you Russian or of Russian decent by any chance?

By *enrythe8thMan 48 weeks ago

worthing

Hi all..

Have mentioned this a few times on here over the months..

It seems not many people realise the wars been going on since 2014.....

No one did anything when they built the bridge across the Caspian Sea.. I think??

And then they just drove straight in

By *ig and MangoCouple 47 weeks ago

Burnley

Hey.. why so many anti-russia feelings??

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 47 weeks ago

nearby

Cancel foreign aid to all the African countries supporting Russia. See if Russia give them food and medicine.

By *iving Bi a TryMan 47 weeks ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

"Cancel foreign aid to all the African countries supporting Russia. See if Russia give them food and medicine. "

Which countries are you specifically talking about?

What sort of tangible support are they giving Russia if they actually need food and medicine donations?

Lastly, is it the politicians of those African countries that you want sanctioned or those that are starving and in need of medical attention?

Serious questions, I'm interested in what you are saying.

Gbat

By (user no longer on site) 47 weeks ago

"

I’d call it more like the Cold War but using Ukraine as pawns/battlefield, that said I think Putin is mad enough to launch a strike at the UK in retaliation which will escalate things on a much larger scale

I’d call it more like the Cold War but using Ukraine as pawns/battlefield, that said I think Putin is mad enough to launch a strike at the UK in retaliation which will escalate things on a much larger scale "

Doubtful that would invoke article 5.. He can't even handle Ukraine let's alone all of NATO.

I’d call it more like the Cold War but using Ukraine as pawns/battlefield, that said I think Putin is mad enough to launch a strike at the UK in retaliation which will escalate things on a much larger scale Doubtful that would invoke article 5.. He can't even handle Ukraine let's alone all of NATO. "

As much as I want to agree to this he seems mad enough to send nukes because he’s loosing to Ukraine

I’d call it more like the Cold War but using Ukraine as pawns/battlefield, that said I think Putin is mad enough to launch a strike at the UK in retaliation which will escalate things on a much larger scale Doubtful that would invoke article 5.. He can't even handle Ukraine let's alone all of NATO.

As much as I want to agree to this he seems mad enough to send nukes because he’s loosing to Ukraine "

it's propaganda to instill fear. Has the patriot missile system intercepted their hypersonic missiles. Russia is a paper tiger.

By *AYENCouple 47 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

"Hey.. why so many anti-russia feelings??"

I guess you're okay with invasion, r*pe, t*rture, m*rder, *idnap and many other atrocities then?

K

By *oggoneMan 47 weeks ago

Derry

Bad relations between the UK and Russia go way way back, its nothing new. It's almost a blood feud. In 2021 the RUSI identified Russia as 'the most acute threat' to UK security. I know y'all don't like talking about Brexit but there's substantial evidence that Russia did interfere in that taking back control exercise.

By *otsossieMan 47 weeks ago

Chez/Sheff

"Cancel foreign aid to all the African countries supporting Russia. See if Russia give them food and medicine. "

You clearly don’t understand how foreign aid or international influence work.

By *agerMorganMan 47 weeks ago

Canvey Island

Where do we start?

R*pe

M*rder

Destruction of cities and homes

Illegal occupation of another country

Indiscriminate targeting of civilians

Holding Nuke plants to hostage.

Etc etc

And that’s before we even mention the atrocities carried out in the UK by the Russian FSB.

Litvinenko

Skripal

They killed an innocent British citizen through it, they almost killed another.

Forgive me for not exactly being polite with Russians, they’re all complicit in this storm, and now we’re giving the Ukrainians a chance to knock them back and out for good.