FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > For those of you 30+

For those of you 30+

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    49 weeks ago

Tell me about your twenties? What do you miss about them? If you can be one age in your twenties again, what would it be And why?

I’m feeling thoughtful tonight.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *os_GoddessofdawnWoman 49 weeks ago

In the clouds

I miss my body not hurting every day, I miss the energy and excitement of finishing work on a Friday, and my social life...

By *naswingdressWoman 49 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

I was (more) stupid and insecure. Fuck all of it.

"I miss my body not hurting every day, I miss the energy and excitement of finishing work on a Friday, and my social life...

"

What was your favourite year of your twenties?

"I was (more) stupid and insecure. Fuck all of it."

What was the best age of your twenties?

By *stellaWoman 49 weeks ago

London

I miss being 26 so I’m making up for it in other ways. It was a fun carefree year with all the sex.

By *endricks321Couple 49 weeks ago

Oxfordshire

25 was the best!!

Wouldn't swap it though. Love being older... Apart from the varifocals!! ????

By *ad NannaWoman 49 weeks ago

East London

I miss my babies being babies, and the not feeling shit most days.

By *.R.MMan 49 weeks ago

Nfk/Sfk/Cam

I miss everything from my twenties

By *rucey_BigBallsMan 49 weeks ago

London

20s was more partying and drinking but tbh I think women are funner in 30s. 20s party and kissing, 30s

By (user no longer on site) 49 weeks ago

I actually don't miss them at all

In my 20s I was knee deep in nappies and toddlers. I had no social life and rarely did anything.

Sure I had a few less grey hairs, a thigh gap and perkier boobs but actually I love my life far more now. My sons are grown up and my life is restarting.

I don't in anyway regret my choices but I've earnt every moment of my impending midlife crisis.

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan 49 weeks ago

Glasgow

In my early 20s I was still at art school and it was ace. Learning all day, punk rock all night. Burning that candle at both ends and loving it.

By *luebell888Woman 49 weeks ago

Glasgow

I would be aged 24. Had a French boyfriend and was madly in love. My hair was long and permed and I had big boobs back then. Life was so easy and we sailed through the days without a care in the world. Happy days indeed.

By *imbobaMan 49 weeks ago

Glasgow

Little point in reflecting back so far. Some of my 20s were great. Some not so. Looking forward is far more rewarding. Can’t wait for my bus pass.

By *ealitybitesMan 49 weeks ago

Belfast

My teen years were nonexistent due to a litany of responsibilities so by the time I hit my 20s I was drained.

I lost 6 close family members between 1983 and 1989 so I'd prefer to forget all about my 20s.

By *emorefridaCouple 49 weeks ago

La la land

I spent a lot of my 20's studying which has been important for my future career. Met some friends that I still have now. But all in all it's not somewhere I'd want to revisit.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS 49 weeks ago

1127 walnut avenue

I don't miss anything about them.. I'm enjoying my life now ..

By *coobyBoobyDooWoman 49 weeks ago

Coalville

27 was amazing. It was the year that I felt like I found myself. I’d finished my studies and was working in the square mile. My salary was more than my age in thousands and so my disposable income was high. Nights out were frequent, my weight was low and my energy high. I had no responsibilities other than to get myself to work Mon-Fri and go home occasionally to wash, sleep and do laundry. I lived in a shared house and we hosted some amazing parties. Our neighbours simultaneously loved us and hated us.

Apparently it was like living next door to “this life”

By *imi_RougeWoman 49 weeks ago

Portsmouth

I miss the good health, the energy, the care free-ness of life.

I don't miss the uncertainty, the trying to work out who you really are and your place in life.

I really enjoyed my 20s, but I went through alot.

By *oeBeansMan 49 weeks ago

Derby

I know I'm not 30+ but I miss being 21 because I thought I had all my twenties left to complete life

London

"27 was amazing. It was the year that I felt like I found myself. I’d finished my studies and was working in the square mile. My salary was more than my age in thousands and so my disposable income was high. Nights out were frequent, my weight was low and my energy high. I had no responsibilities other than to get myself to work Mon-Fri and go home occasionally to wash, sleep and do laundry. I lived in a shared house and we hosted some amazing parties. Our neighbours simultaneously loved us and hated us.

Apparently it was like living next door to “this life” "

I loved This Life!! Anna and Miles

Glasgow

"Apparently it was like living next door to “this life” "

God I miss that show. Anna was exactly my kind of walking disaster at the time.

By *orruptionandliesMan 49 weeks ago

Newport

Going out properly before apps flirting and clubbing

Plus my football

"27 was amazing. It was the year that I felt like I found myself. I’d finished my studies and was working in the square mile. My salary was more than my age in thousands and so my disposable income was high. Nights out were frequent, my weight was low and my energy high. I had no responsibilities other than to get myself to work Mon-Fri and go home occasionally to wash, sleep and do laundry. I lived in a shared house and we hosted some amazing parties. Our neighbours simultaneously loved us and hated us.

I loved This Life!! Anna and Miles "

Miles was a twat.

By *urosexcoupleCouple 49 weeks ago

Newcastle Upon Tyne

I was on a path of self destruction in my 20’s but luckily I lived through it. Wouldn’t want to go back. I’m happiest now as I met my wife when I was 40 and my life has definitely improved since then.

my good knees

Coalville

I was the Anna of our house I’m told.

By *icecouple561Couple 49 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

we met in our mid twenties, we had some great carefree times, lived in a fabulous location, worked hard and played hard. If i absolutely had to go back it would be to 28/29. Life has been good for us in every decade since (really horrible sometimes too)and I really like the current one too

Coalville

I loved This Life!! Anna and Miles "

I had a soft spot for egg x

By *uriousscouserWoman 49 weeks ago

Wirral

I miss the energy and enthusiasm I had.

I was naive in many ways and unfortunately the events of my 20s made me slightly more cynical, a little jaded.

In work everything was exciting and new, and of course I knew much more than the old fellas who'd been doing the job since Noah was a lad (I'd been to university, after all!) so I was convinced I could change the world. The system wouldn't break me, I was going to break the system.

My 20s coincided with Windows95 taking off and the internet becoming a real force, so it was breathlessly exciting as the pace of change sped ever faster. I was young enough to see that as an unalloyed benefit to mankind.

These days I realise my impact on most situations is minimal, few changes are ever 100% beneficial, I've no longer got the energy to fight every systemic injustice and I feel like I plod along making little interventions where I can.

I love spending time around gen-Z, I love their enthusiasm and their savvy (so much smarter than we were), but it does remind me of how far I've come since then.

By *empest2kMan 49 weeks ago

Derby

"Tell me about your twenties? What do you miss about them? If you can be one age in your twenties again, what would it be And why?

I’m feeling thoughtful tonight. "

Hmmm, twenties were a bit of a blur. Mostly university (studying at one locally, and working at another one about 150 miles from my hometown). Only thing I miss is being able to drink and only having the occasional morning hangover, unlike now where it takes me a good two days to recover!

If I could be one age, I'd be 22 and finished uni. Why? Well, firstly because I won't ache as much as I do now and, secondly, I'd try to do things differently to how I did the first time, but with the experience I have now.

Coalville

Miles was a twat."

But hot no?

London

I had a soft spot for egg x "

Awwww I didn’t like Milly much though.

Coalville

"Apparently it was like living next door to “this life”

God I miss that show. Anna was exactly my kind of walking disaster at the time. "

Tell me more

Coalville

I had a soft spot for egg x

Awwww I didn’t like Milly much though. "

Same!

By *imi_RougeWoman 49 weeks ago

Portsmouth

"Tell me about your twenties? What do you miss about them? If you can be one age in your twenties again, what would it be And why?

I’m feeling thoughtful tonight. "

Oh, I'd be 24/25 and back in New Zealand.

Miles was a twat.

But hot no? "

They were all pretty unlikeable individuals apart from that guy who became Michael Moon in EastEnders.

Ferdy was ok as well, I guess.

Coalville

Miles was a twat.

But hot no?

They were all pretty unlikeable individuals apart from that guy who became Michael Moon in EastEnders.

Ferdy was ok as well, I guess."

Oooh he was super sexy

By *herubchubWoman 49 weeks ago

Nr the sea

Probably the best was 21/22…young, free, single

Not long discovered sex (late starter!) money was all my own!

Lived for the weekend and going out ‘on the pull’

Glasgow

"I was the Anna of our house I’m told. "

Well hello there.

By *uff and FruitCouple 49 weeks ago

ely

I bought my 1st house at 24 and married at 25. I was very happy and in love. Luckily I had a happy 20s, didn't get to do lots of things but that hasn't altered in my 30s or 40s really. I miss my boobs being firmer and pertier but I didn't realise I was bisexual at that point and in my 40s would enjoy a swinging lifestyle.

By *eliWoman 49 weeks ago

I'll know it when I find it.

I loved them. Uni was fantastic, I had some wonderful experiences, made some life long friends. I also struggled at times and after losing a friend I almost burnt out - I think the term is burning the candle at both ends? I did that. I was also rather insecure physically. Not sure of who I was.

So, I don't miss any part. I loved it, wouldn't revisit any years. I grew a lot and learnt a lot. I'd maybe revisit the night I met my fiancé - sorry for the soppy sentiment!

By *r SensualMan 49 weeks ago

London

The decade as a whole was pretty good to be honest… but the first 3 years (university) and last 3 years (discovering fab and swinging) I’d have to say were the best

By *parkle1974Woman 49 weeks ago

Leeds

22.....I wouldn't have got married like I did x

By *andyfloss2000Woman 49 weeks ago

ashford

Nothing really! Appart from my parents still being alive x

By *atoza RitchieWoman 49 weeks ago

Looneyville

Don't miss a great deal.

I had less confidence, was in a job I hated and felt like I had little purpose in life to be honest.

I miss my tits at 21 but that's about it.

By *edeWoman 49 weeks ago

the abyss

Funnily enough I had a conversation about my 20's just the other day. I don't really think of them as that, I think of them as the years my son was starting primary school, secondary school. They weren't party years - they were hard single mum years but I wouldn't change them for anything

27, young enough to still be optimistic, old enough to have your first decent amount of disposable income.

I was living in Royal Victoria so London was right on my doorstep!

Coalville

"I was the Anna of our house I’m told.

Well hello there. "

Ha!

I absolutely do not miss them at all. The worst decade if you ask me

By *rivateparts!Man 49 weeks ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

I was in my 20s, fit and care free and lived life to the fullest

By *eatrice BadinageWoman 49 weeks ago

In a Sparkly Dress

20-25 was ibiza party girl, off to Bournemouth every weekend to dance on the stage next to top djs

25-30 was alcohol party girl and happily went clubbing locally but started to put the weight on then from the booze.

I adored both but Ibiza was epic

By *erence IIMan 49 weeks ago

Irrelevant

Couldn't pick a favourite year but what I miss most was the energy and drive I had then. I'd think nothing of working a physical job all day, coming home and working till late in the garden or on the house and be up working all weekend. Now, getting stuff done requires a few weeks of build up

I exercise more so that takes up energy but not like I used to have.

By *ou only live onceMan 49 weeks ago

London

I don't miss all that much to be honest. Physically I'm much the same now (I'm probably actually stronger now as I know how to train properly); I'm more financially secure now and all that jazz.

I did have a beautiful girlfriend (then wife) for the latter half of my 20s, and she was great, even if it didn't work out in the end, but that isn't decade-specific. If I had to pick a year, 28 felt pretty damn good - like peak powers good - with a really good balance of everything.

That said, I think the only thing I properly miss is that knowledge I was young, with everything ahead of me. I'm much more conscious that I'm relatively old now with less time to get stuff done! Conscious of my own mortality if we want to be morbid about it!

My 20s sucked aha. I was quite shy.. just miss my figure back then haha!

By *ife NinjaMan 49 weeks ago

Dunfermline

No aches or pains. Thinner. Sex party in ibiza

By *ust RachelTV/TS 49 weeks ago

Eastbourne

In my 20's, I was a lot fitter, I cycled everywhere, then raced them at the weekend.

I passed my motorcycle test, then went from going 30 mph to 100 mph.

I look good in a dress, lingerie, but didn't realise it at the time.

My late 20's I got diagnosed with testicular cancer, that was a turning point in my life. Little things no longer mattered, the big issues became a lot smaller.

As for myself, I wasn't a confident person, unless I hid in a crash helmet.

As for my best age, it woild have to be 20 again.

By *ambertMan 49 weeks ago

Cheltenham

24. Download. Of my absolute tiddies and not having a care in the world.

Down with reality!

So beautiful to read these. Makes me appreciative

By *urls and DressesWoman 49 weeks ago

Somewhere near here

My 30s is far better than my 20s. However I’d go back to my early 20s and keep having fun!

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 49 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

I don't miss my twenties.

Sure, my knees didn't ache in the cold. But also I know who and what I am now. I'm healthier and happier than I ever remember being, even my bad days are more joyful than the better days of my twenties.

By *ittle Miss TinkerbellWoman 49 weeks ago

your head

I miss my children being small, miss being my own boss, the place I used to live and the people I had around me. My twenties were amazing for many different reasons, I became an adult, a mother and a wife and that was just some of it but I love my 30s too. Things have moved on and changed and so have I. I don't regret any of it, I do wish there were more hours in a day though

By *ittlebirdWoman 49 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

My twenties were great… apparently

I lived a lot. Raved a lot. Worked hard, played harder and loved every single minute of it.

Tbh… I’m still like that now. Just a bit more creaky when I stand up and a lot bigger eyebags.

Life is for living and smiling

By *estarossa.Woman 49 weeks ago

Flagrante

When I used to work 70 hours a week, the party all night at weekends, then get up and work again!

I wish I had the confidence in my physical appearance then, and more self discipline with my finances, but I did have a lot of fun!

» Add a new message to this topic