FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Can cope any longer!!!

Can cope any longer!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Genuine cry for help here involving dogs and bottom burps

The smell that comes out my dog is just getting to much for me to deal with anymore stinks dont even come close

Im sure it must be the food im giving him, hes only 6 month old and when i got him i just fed him the same as my other dog, which is the frozen beef/tripe you buy from pets at home with the pedigree compleat i used as a mixer, they love it and never had any problems with my older dog in ways of back side odor's buy dear god my other ones suffering and so am i i think it must be because they are different breeds so the foods effecting them differently

So to all you pooch loving people out there can anyone recomend a good quality food that does not produce to much gas? because my nose cant cope any longer

P.S any replys that contain the work cork will be ignored

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Call your vet for feeding advise. Obviously the blend you are feeding him is totally wrong. One of the nurses should be able to give you advise over the phone

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My dog has only had dry food like Bakers or any complete dry food. He is 10 and in great health.

Still let's one go but only occasionally.

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

Is it Pedigree chum mixer?

If so my pooch found this really rich and the smell was unbearble.

I'd speak to your vet just to make sure it isnt a gastro thing as theres a bit going round in dogs at the min as well as humans

Bakers dry complete was what I used for years and years, I started on pedigree but our Toby did whiff a lot, so we switched him and it was much better

"Is it Pedigree chum mixer?

If so my pooch found this really rich and the smell was unbearble.

I'd speak to your vet just to make sure it isnt a gastro thing as theres a bit going round in dogs at the min as well as humans"

its the compleat, i get the puppy one for him and the adult one for my other dog but feed them the same meet, which is suitable for dogs of all ages as its just 100% pure meat, i was wondering if it was the tripe as a few people have said tripe makes their dogs smell? by my other dog dont suffer with it

I have mentioned it to the vet a few weeks back when i went to get him microchipped but she just laughed and said some dogs just fart more than others and so long as its normal for him its not a prolem, except for my nose

Going by the replies im wondering if its the pedigree rather than the meat? maybe try a different brand of dry food

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

Depending on the breed there are a number that can be recommended.

If it is a dog that is anything terrier, or Bull, don't feed Bakers, can cause hyper activity. And trust me, you really don't want to know what they put in Bakers.

Try a hypo-allergenic food such as James Wellbeloved, or Wainwrights. A little more expensive, but you feed less, so works out about the same in the long run.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Put him in your own Dutch oven. He will think twice then.

Trouble is, today's generation of dogs just have no respect.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Depending on the breed there are a number that can be recommended.

If it is a dog that is anything terrier, or Bull, don't feed Bakers, can cause hyper activity. And trust me, you really don't want to know what they put in Bakers.

Try a hypo-allergenic food such as James Wellbeloved, or Wainwrights. A little more expensive, but you feed less, so works out about the same in the long run. "

ditto on the bakers, and would also say pedigree chum..rubbish food

both the others are good..

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

"Genuine cry for help here involving dogs and bottom burps

The smell that comes out my dog is just getting to much for me to deal with anymore stinks dont even come close

Im sure it must be the food im giving him, hes only 6 month old and when i got him i just fed him the same as my other dog, which is the frozen beef/tripe you buy from pets at home with the pedigree compleat i used as a mixer, they love it and never had any problems with my older dog in ways of back side odor's buy dear god my other ones suffering and so am i i think it must be because they are different breeds so the foods effecting them differently

So to all you pooch loving people out there can anyone recomend a good quality food that does not produce to much gas? because my nose cant cope any longer

P.S any replys that contain the work cork will be ignored "

I use Vitalin Sensitive Lamb. 33% lamb and 26% rice, no additives or colours, no dirrivitives.

Im am thinking about adding some Applaws in there as this is something like a 60/40 meat veg kibble. Though the Vitalin is better than most more expensive kibbles even with delivery. £23 with delivery - 15kg bag

yumsville

Oh if hes a puppy. Burn Mini bits. Its expensive but for growing bones - there is nothing better or more highly recommended. The stuff calms them down and gets good proteins into them at this growing stage.

Honestly - its worth its weight in gold and youre only buying it say up to 10 months.

yumsville

Burns mini bites!

Should you not just come clean and stop blaming the dog?

"Oh if hes a puppy. Burn Mini bits. Its expensive but for growing bones - there is nothing better or more highly recommended. The stuff calms them down and gets good proteins into them at this growing stage.

Honestly - its worth its weight in gold and youre only buying it say up to 10 months."

just been reading up on that, where do you buy it from do you know? as i can only seem to see online shops and prices?

"Burns mini bites! "

lol i knew what you ment

feed him a cup of yogurt....natural plain ,.....daily , ( if he eats it of course) ....heard that helps....

By *awty nannaWoman  over a year ago

sheffield

our vet told us to steer well clear of Bakers, its full of additives and is like the blue smartie is to children , makes em really hyper !!!

[Removed by poster at 30/01/13 15:35:54]

"our vet told us to steer well clear of Bakers, its full of additives and is like the blue smartie is to children , makes em really hyper !!! "

staying clear of that then

Had this problem with my 2 dogs switched to bakers and sometimes hero and no more gas mask needed lol , just try different brands till you get the one that works

Put dog on a rice diet for few days will stop the farts then start with very basic dry food. Dogs do not need bakers pedigree chum etc its all marketing.

I have in past done the same with famous brands but now give him stuff from poundshop which he eats. Far too many people try to humanise their pets.

I love my dog to bits and would be lost without him but end of day he is a dog.

If you are feeding them complete pet food then don't feed them meat too.

It's called complete because you don't need to add anything, all the nutrients they need are in it.

If you're adding meat you're probably giving them too much protein.

"our vet told us to steer well clear of Bakers, its full of additives and is like the blue smartie is to children , makes em really hyper !!!

staying clear of that then "

Bakers makes dogs hyper ! My two sleep for 18hrs a day , the little yorkie is like a door mouse , 10,000 volts wouldn't make him hyper lol

By *stwoCouple  over a year ago

anywhere

you ever tried hills scientific

southend

"Oh if hes a puppy. Burn Mini bits. Its expensive but for growing bones - there is nothing better or more highly recommended. The stuff calms them down and gets good proteins into them at this growing stage.

Honestly - its worth its weight in gold and youre only buying it say up to 10 months.

just been reading up on that, where do you buy it from do you know? as i can only seem to see online shops and prices?"

You can only buy Burns online. They won't supply to shops for secondary resale.

Oh and don't give a dog yoghurt, makes farts worse in more cases then it helps. Dog's can't digest dairy.

By *icked kittyCouple  over a year ago

Uttoxeter

In the old days before all this myriad of different feeds ,it was possible to buy a charcoal biscuit which was given as a crunchy treat in conjunction with the wet food .

southend

A good way is to look at the ingrediants.

If it lists animal and fish derivatives then you are feeding you dog (or cat), among other things lungs, anus tissue, offal, basically all the crap that can't go in human food!

southend

"In the old days before all this myriad of different feeds ,it was possible to buy a charcoal biscuit which was given as a crunchy treat in conjunction with the wet food ."

You still can! But the profit isn't in charcoal biscuits!!

I had the same problem with a kitten. Does his stomach look bloated after he eats? Took my kitten to the vet and turned out he was allergic to normal cat food and had to be given a special diet till he was one yr old. Dont know if it could be the same with a puppy xx

All dog food sold in uk has to be fit for human consumption. Dogs dont think i wonder if this is a lung etc

southend

"All dog food sold in uk has to be fit for human consumption. Dogs dont think i wonder if this is a lung etc "

Yep, I know it does, that's another reason why I don't eat cheap burgers.

I've never heard of an expensive burger versus a cheap one ... interesting. In France the steak hache is probably the closest thing to real meat, but you might as well buy a steak. What is the point of an expensive burger?

yumsville

just been reading up on that, where do you buy it from do you know? as i can only seem to see online shops and prices?"

I bought it online, as it works out cheaper - some store do stock it though

By *exy_couple_now_mancCouple  over a year ago

Oldham

Fab.rease farts will smell good

We have a border terrier. What we found is that it is not good to chop and change frequently ... that just does the dog's head and arse in. We have settled on Bakers dried food (to which we add some water) and he seems OK.

He also gets no slops or dregs of our food .. only his dog food plus the occasional treat, e.g. one of those strips which looks like an everlasting strip. He finds plenty of trodden on remains of pizza and kebab on the shopping mall floor to keep him going!

By *adcowWoman  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

as someone said different dog breeds an need different types of food. especially pups.

you can also buy a tub of charcoal granules to sprinkle on food

James Well Beloved?

yumsville

they were bought out by pedigree or something similar - havent used them as a result

By *awty nannaWoman  over a year ago

sheffield

well just quoting what our vet told us about it !

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

get those joss sticks out

Been told there is too much sugar and additives in bakers ..... mind you one of mine would eat the contents of the bin if he could .... not a farty dog though.

He gets dried all in one stuff from Home bargains and chub rolls. Scraps from the kitchen go in his bowl and if he can he steals the butter if it's left out the fridge.

I dog sit for 3 different sets of dogs, all different breeds. Pedigree does tend to make some dogs very farty and smelly. As others have said use a different complete food, James Wellbeloved I'd good and just use the extra meat as a garnish to vary the flavour if necessary.

Good luck, nothing worse than smelly dog farts! Xx

Charcoal biscuits, and I also highly recommend James Wellbeloved. Pedigree is very Rich and not many dogs can handle it. You could give chicken mince and rice to calm his tum tum down.

i d second james wellbeloved..sorted out a friend of mine s really whiffy farty terrier...and it s usually very good for the skin/fur too.

Just cut the mixer out, mix a little well boiled veg in with the meat sometimes. Good to give them some bones to i give mine raw chicken wings they love em.

The diet you are feeding is not balanced, for a start. It's too high in protein.

Horses for courses but James Wellbeloved, Burns and Eukanuba can help as do some of the dietary sensitive ones

"The diet you are feeding is not balanced, for a start. It's too high in protein.

Horses for courses but James Wellbeloved, Burns and Eukanuba can help as do some of the dietary sensitive ones"

"A good way is to look at the ingrediants.

If it lists animal and fish derivatives then you are feeding you dog (or cat), among other things lungs, anus tissue, offal, basically all the crap that can't go in human food! "

Eh, what else do you think goes into ANY of the dog foods? And so it should, tbh. Meat is a luxury and shouldn't be reared and killed for dogs' consumption alone.

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Could be he has the wrong balance of gut flora and needs to have that rectified with a change in diet or some supplementary medicine from a vet. If he's been on antibiotics recently then there's a chance the balance could have changed because of that. But a word with the vet for some advice would be best move forward.

Wolf

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

"get those joss sticks out"

I don't think the gas will relight a glowing splint somehow, maybe more of a squeaky pop

Wolf

By *kin BohnerMan  over a year ago

derby

I used to feed my dog with a complete dry food, never a fart to be heard or smelt! Maybe I should try it myself...

our dogs (2 staffies) have been on sience hill dry food since puppies this was done on the advice of a top staffies breeder and they don't break wind lol(we'll not often lol) also they never vist the vets(apart from yearly check ups)they are so heathey and full of life (they a 9 this year)there treats are fresh fish or fresh meat that we pick up from the reduce section of the supermarket fish gets reduce to silly prices so much better than all the bakers and chum stuff...i see it this way a dog is for life it gives you loads of love and fun so treat it the best way you can..decent food

By *ixson-BallsMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

my two are 13 & 12 now and have been fed on iams and only the occasional "fluff" escapes...

the oldest suffers with fits and its the only dog food she can eat that doesn't seem to trigger her fits off...so i swear by iams

"Genuine cry for help here involving dogs and bottom burps

P.S any replys that contain the work cork will be ignored "

I feed my 3 dogs 'Beta Purina' for adult dogs.My youngest staffie is only 5 months old but it works well for her.Staffies do fart like troupers but this particular feed seems to temper the smells alot and they do have very shiny coats!

» Add a new message to this topic