FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Copd

Copd

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease any one know anyone with it and any usefull advice on this

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm sure if you Google it, it will give you all the information you require

Also go onto NHS website , my dad has it and there is a wealth of info out there on it

What do you want to know? Theres a lot of information online or are you looking to speak with someone who lives with it? X

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I'm sure if you Google it, it will give you all the information you require "

I did just that and slightly worryingly, if not surprisingly, the first response is

COPD Compensation - Claim Now for COPD.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

My dad had it and then he died, but his death wasnt caused by it but his sisters was, that and emphazima

By *ig jugsWoman  over a year ago

somewhere

I just lost my granpa to it 6 weeks ago,It is a horrible disease.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks for your replies I'm going for tests I'm the male of the couple been quite bad for last few months struggling for breath etc yes I do smoke have cut down by 50 percent but its hard to quit just like that but I'm trying I know if its copd I can't change what damage has been done to lungs but would like to try carry on doing and living normal as before . Im hoping its nothing but do really struggle for breath even after minor things like walking from room to room anything that involves moving quick.but hey I still enjoying it albeit taking it more slowly lol thanks for your replies

"Thanks for your replies I'm going for tests I'm the male of the couple been quite bad for last few months struggling for breath etc yes I do smoke have cut down by 50 percent but its hard to quit just like that but I'm trying I know if its copd I can't change what damage has been done to lungs but would like to try carry on doing and living normal as before . Im hoping its nothing but do really struggle for breath even after minor things like walking from room to room anything that involves moving quick.but hey I still enjoying it albeit taking it more slowly lol thanks for your replies "

It's a progressive disease so if you do have it then it will only get worse. They will medicate you but they will probably only relieve symptoms and not prevent. I know you have cut down but stopping all together will best benefit you. You only have one life, get the best out of it that said, I hope it's not copd xx

There are two types. People can either get short of oxygen or end up retaining co2 depending on type. That's why when your breathing gets bad they do arterial blood gases and limit your 02 intake in casualty.

It's helpful to know what type you are, but it doesnt matter overly.

Lots of resources on the net, emedicine write good ones

Got diagnosed 13/12/2011.

Gave up my 40 a day cig habit same time.

Was at late stage 2 when diagnosed, due to my heart condition masking my out of breath problems.

Try not to worry about it, and its not all doom and gloom.

If you would like to chat private or have any questions, just drop me a line.

» Add a new message to this topic