FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nueron E Scooters

Nueron E Scooters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arley Quim OP   Woman 1 week ago

Somewhere

Kinda limited regarding current locations admittedly - but! Since I've started working in Newcastle I've seen sooo many of these dotted about. They seem a really good idea? Anyone regularly using one as part/or for their commute?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *bony and ivoryCouple 1 week ago

East Midlands

E Scooters are an absolute menace

By *mileyculturebelfastMan 1 week ago

belfast

Anyone over 16 using one is a nonce. Fucking hate them.

East Midlands

"Anyone over 16 using one is a nonce. Fucking hate them. "

Agreed the scooter itself is not the problem as they work in a lot of countries it’s the idiot young British

By *mileyculturebelfastMan 1 week ago

belfast

"Anyone over 16 using one is a nonce. Fucking hate them.

Agreed the scooter itself is not the problem as they work in a lot of countries it’s the idiot young British "

It's not the young and the vast majority aren't British.

Somewhere

I get that in both cases! But they're currently popular in Newcastle, Sunderland, Slough. You have to be over 18, not under the influence, and have a drivers license to use one. They all come with a helmet, and have 'no go zones', within the city where they shut down so you can't access them. I don't use them. But very interested to see views from folk who may

By *ellhungvweMan 1 week ago

Cheltenham

We have a similar thing in Cheltenham. Last year a woman on a hen do got done for d*unk driving on one round the town centre.

East Midlands

" I get that in both cases! But they're currently popular in Newcastle, Sunderland, Slough. You have to be over 18, not under the influence, and have a drivers license to use one. They all come with a helmet, and have 'no go zones', within the city where they shut down so you can't access them. I don't use them. But very interested to see views from folk who may "

In Northampton you have hold a provisional licence you don’t need to be over 18 we have parents getting them out for children kids driving 2 up on them an old lady has just been nocked down because the person was driving it on the path the list goes on I’m afraid the bad definitely outweighs the good

By *ynecplCouple 1 week ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

The idea is a good one but the people using them are absolute idiots. I have nearly taken two out on the central motorway in Newcastle. Are they supposed to have limitors on them as they seem to go at a pretty decent speed which is great until you realise that most of them are being driven on pavements. Also they get abandoned all over the city blocking walkways and minor roads.

By *ynecplCouple 1 week ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

" I get that in both cases! But they're currently popular in Newcastle, Sunderland, Slough. You have to be over 18, not under the influence, and have a drivers license to use one. They all come with a helmet, and have 'no go zones', within the city where they shut down so you can't access them. I don't use them. But very interested to see views from folk who may "

They might come with helmets but you rarely see anybody on one wearing a helmet. Where are the no go areas in Newcastle assume the stretch of motorway cutting through the centre of Newcastle isn't included in that area.

Somewhere

"The idea is a good one but the people using them are absolute idiots. I have nearly taken two out on the central motorway in Newcastle. Are they supposed to have limitors on them as they seem to go at a pretty decent speed which is great until you realise that most of them are being driven on pavements. Also they get abandoned all over the city blocking walkways and minor roads."

I honestly don't know much about them at all? Just noticed them due to starting a new job in the city. Seems like the abandoning is at specific points? And because they all run on GPS, I saw a van collecting a couple the other day. It's an interesting concept though? I'm not sure about motorways though? That seems mental!

By *ophieslutTV/TS 1 week ago

Central

If the companies making them had to pay for new infrastructure for them, away from pedestrians and other vehicles etc, they may be a reasonable consideration. But the many startups wanting to impose them, without investing appropriate funds for the infrastructure, is just wrong.

By *iss.ddWoman 1 week ago

Leeds + Newcastle

They're making the city centre both a hazard and an absolute mess, just dumped all over

By *a LunaWoman 1 week ago

Southern Wales

Woman in work had a e-scooter which she used for work, until she fell off and broke a rib.

Not for me.

By *red333Man 1 week ago

Dorchester

Get a fold up electric bike much safer

By *ife NinjaMan 1 week ago

Dunfermline

"Woman in work had a e-scooter which she used for work, until she fell off and broke a rib.

Not for me."

They're also quite hazardous in the thermal incident department

» Add a new message to this topic