FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Random blocking

Random blocking

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    2 weeks ago

Does anyone find that random people / profiles have blocked you for no reason despite having never had contact with them before?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 2 weeks ago

Leeds

Yes, I block loads, it's a good filter for those you don't want to contact not to come up.

I block everyone local, don't take it personally - some use it as a filter like me.

Mrs

By *obilebottomMan 2 weeks ago

All over

Yes, lots of people do that, either because of preferences, or sometimes location and possibly because of comments someone made in forums. Obviously not for them and no need to worry.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan 2 weeks ago

Gloucestershire

There’s always a reason for blocking.

Don’t let it bother you. Not everyone is compatible

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man 2 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

If someone has blocked you, they have a reason, the fact you don’t know what it is doesn’t mean it’s random.

Many people use blocking for all sorts of reasons.

They may have viewed your profile and decided that you are not what they are looking for and block your profile so as not to waste time revisiting it again.

They may have objected to a comment made and blocked for that reason.

By *exbecs12Woman 2 weeks ago

Land of roman gods

So if I state I do not want males with no verifications how do they bypass my filter and end up on the who looked at me? A filter should mean that even on the looked at me list they should not be there.Otherwise why have a filter.I still get unverified message me..more to being photo verified.

By (user no longer on site) OP    2 weeks ago

ah all makes sense thanks all

By *ot to giggleWoman 2 weeks ago

Coventry

Yea, just move on xx

By *red333Man 2 weeks ago

Dorchester

"Does anyone find that random people / profiles have blocked you for no reason despite having never had contact with them before?"
If say you live to local or perhaps they know you people block for that, i mean cmon you don't want to be walking down the high street and see people you know, do you?

By *imTheEnchantorMan 2 weeks ago

Sheffield

If I’ve read a profile and there is anything that says we are not compatible, like no single males, bi or bi-curious, the classic ‘BBC only’ then I block them just to save time later. No point looking at profiles repeatedly that you’re never going to meet.

It makes fab much more usable.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Chichester

All the time I get blocked. Especially if I like pics on hot pics. I often find if I goto look at profile later I am blocked

Don’t worry over it as it’s all insignificant humans you don’t know so anyway

By *oiluvfunMan 2 weeks ago

Penrith

"Yes, lots of people do that, either because of preferences, or sometimes location and possibly because of comments someone made in forums. Obviously not for them and no need to worry. "

Absolutely this! They have no interest in you for whatever reason, so just move on! Plenty more pebbles on the beach

By *otfun75Man 2 weeks ago

leeds

Yes it’s a bit stupid wen you ant even talked to them

By *issmorganWoman 2 weeks ago

Calderdale innit

I haven't found many that blocked me, yet,but I'm sure some have.

However I do block others that I'd never be interested in. It might be I don't like their profile or they're always ranting about other people on their status.

Or I've seen a few unsavoury posts from them in the forum.

It's a good tool to use and s out those you'd never want to meet.

By *entle_mAn40Man 2 weeks ago

nottinghamshire

All the time and then it leaves me wondering…. “what did I do so wrong?!” for all of 10 seconds then I carry on with my life

By * man -Man 2 weeks ago

Bath

Some people block for all kinds of reasons like those mentioned above. Some people are nice and some are not and that’s just a reflection of life in general. Some people use block on the forum as a way of trying to get at you without having to do the whole dialogue bit, just the same as when a person who you know doesn’t like you jumps in on the 175th comment on your thread with something attempting to spoil it, not allowing for a reply. Basically some people are nice and some are utter bumholes, but if someone does block you then they’re really doing you a favour whether they’re nice or a bumhole. My advice - don’t give it too much thought because you’ll end up either making a mountain from a mole hill or you’ll be giving someone mean the reaction they want. Just don’t engage with them and it’s their loss, right?

By *ucka39Man 2 weeks ago

Newcastle

Yes, sure is annoying I need to continue this path as it works

By *iss DevilWoman 2 weeks ago

Bedford

"Yes it’s a bit stupid wen you ant even talked to them "

No, it's not "stupid", it's using the tools that the site gives. It doesn't matter whether the person is talking to me or not, it's a good filter, for whatever reason.

By *herrybakewellCouple 2 weeks ago

Staffordshire

Some accounts pop up time and time again. When they aren't what we're looking for it's easier to block.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 2 weeks ago

Central

We'll never need to know why we're not right for others, just be grateful that no energy is wasted on them

» Add a new message to this topic