FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > A compatible person...

A compatible person...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eli OP   Woman 4 weeks ago

I'll know it when I find it.

Do you find it relatively easy to find those you're compatible with?

Are you good at knowing if you will be compatible with someone before you've met them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 4 weeks ago

Leeds

No & No

I need to meet people in person, I can't guage online at all.

Mrs

By *esthetic21Man 4 weeks ago

Birmingham/Bristol

No and no

By *mmaleiaWoman 4 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

No, I’m not attracted to anybody until I’ve met them, however hot their pictures

By *atnip make me purrWoman 4 weeks ago

Reading

Yes i think if the online conversation flows there's a good chance that we will get on when we meet face to face.

By *amie HantsWoman 4 weeks ago

Atlantis

Yes I am a bit of a social butterfly and I like a range of people so I find gelling with others to be quite natural and not forced.

No. Absolutely not. I’ve been right a few times but others I’ve been wrong and found myself gelling really well with people I wouldn’t expect to, or not quite gelling with people I thought I would.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 4 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

Oh, not at all.

I'm abrasive and overcomplicated for a lot of the people I could be compatible with on other levels. My weird version of morality and the things I like narrow the pool a lot. Add in actual attraction and everything else and there's a lot of quantifiers that exclude 99.9% of people from the off.

I'm usually good at recognising potential. But even then a lot of those don't work out.

The ones that do work out make it all worthwhile though

By *iss FuegoWoman 4 weeks ago

Wherever I lay my hat

No and sometimes. There have been a few people that I have had great chat with online but when we met in person it was like a completely different person showed up

By *r John WickMan 4 weeks ago

The Continental

First question…..No, because I genuinely feel that I’m an acquired taste. To the point that I’d kinda second guess the other party if they showed real interest.

Second question…..if I have a pretty good gut feeling from our online connection, chances are it will follow through, into a face to face encounter.

"No & No

Mrs "

I'm guessing you're looking at compatibility in terms of sex...

Are your first impressions off? Or you don't trust them.

By *oeBeansMan 4 weeks ago

Derby

"Do you find it relatively easy to find those you're compatible with?

Are you good at knowing if you will be compatible with someone before you've met them?"

Yes as I like to think I match the energy of the person I'm talking to either online or in person and the only time I struggle with that is if I feel like they're pretty closed off as I don't tend to me the one dominate the conversation so I can easily make my mind up as to whether I'm compatible with them.

No, most people I can guess who I would be compatible with but for the most part, I've been pleasantly surprised with how I've found people in real life compared to online

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 4 weeks ago

somewhere

Nope, prefer in person to judge a person, I mean I come across quite confident and funny as fuck online, meet me and I'm quite shy at first, I'm quite different in real life I think

By *r SproutMan 4 weeks ago

the middle somewhere

I’ll get a good feel for people just by talking to them but will only know for sure once we have met

By *eyond PurityCouple 4 weeks ago

Laceby

It seemed a lot easier but currently we seem to just attract people who aren’t compatible at all.

We are yet to find a replacement FWB gent to replace our friend who started dating.

I know from 2/3 messages whether it’s worth chatting more - if they think with their little brain then they don’t last.

We have a gorgeous lady FWB and we get on perfectly…so finding a gent who’s similar and maybe a couple too would be fantastic.

K

"Yes i think if the online conversation flows there's a good chance that we will get on when we meet face to face."

So online you can get a good feel for compatibility. Have you ever been surprised, pleasant or otherwise about it when meeting face to face?

By *iss.Bella.Woman 4 weeks ago

North Wales

Kind of.. I'm good at knowing which personality traits I wouldn't be compatible with. Making it easier to avoid those, but I'm not sure I know fully until I've met someone that we are definitely compatible.

What we see online is like looking through the peephole. I can get a good feeling that we'd be compatible but until you meet, it's never set in stone

"Yes I am a bit of a social butterfly and I like a range of people so I find gelling with others to be quite natural and not forced.

No. Absolutely not. I’ve been right a few times but others I’ve been wrong and found myself gelling really well with people I wouldn’t expect to, or not quite gelling with people I thought I would. "

You're such a social butterfly and it's brilliant. Gelling. Yes, it's possible to gel with a myriad of people.

The second paragraph... is that because you have preconceived notions or because they depict themselves in a way that doesn't align with reality? Or even the setting you meet them in.

By *a LunaWoman 4 weeks ago

Wales

No. So when it happens I get very zingy and over invested.

Just makes the heart sing though, when you think you’ve found your people. Like soul mates.

By *JcuriousCouple 4 weeks ago

Derby

I'm pretty sure we're very good at picking up on whether we would be compatible or not, unless they say/do something to fuck us off in person

Miss S x

By *unGuySeeksFunGirlMan 4 weeks ago

Wigan

In terms of getting on with someone, I tend to get on with most types of people... however, I find it almost impossible to find a spark online. Face to face I think you can just feel the energy

By *ansoffateMan 4 weeks ago

Sagittarius A

Yes and no to the first question

Yes as in the process is enjoyable and usually quite natural. No in that it can take a substantial investment of time.

Flat no to the second question, it's incredibly difficult for me to know before I meet.

By *wist my nipplesCouple 4 weeks ago

North East Scotland, mostly

Guess it depends on what we’re defining as compatibility. Doing the sex compatibility? Generally get a good idea online, but in person is the real test. I’m rarely surprised either way but it has happened. Friendship compatibility? Can usually get a good idea online. In person usually confirms it.

The thing I’m dreadful at though is picking people who I’m life compatible with, in terms of availability, distance, other commitments. I suck at that.

What about you, OP?

Mrs TMN x

"Oh, not at all.

I'm abrasive and overcomplicated for a lot of the people I could be compatible with on other levels. My weird version of morality and the things I like narrow the pool a lot. Add in actual attraction and everything else and there's a lot of quantifiers that exclude 99.9% of people from the off.

I'm usually good at recognising potential. But even then a lot of those don't work out.

The ones that do work out make it all worthwhile though "

What about platonic? Do you find it easier then to get a good feel for compatibility?

By *enriette and SamCouple 4 weeks ago

The Magic whip

Pretty much.

I do get it wrong occasionally but it’s rare.

I’ve a great douchbag radar

By *ambertMan 4 weeks ago

Cheltenham

Nope.

Because I'm mental.

By *herry delightWoman 4 weeks ago

Ilfracombe

On here I am not looking for a relationship I am not worried about compatibility, just how good they are in bed.

By *eroLondonMan 4 weeks ago

Mayfair

Well this is timely...

Ordinarily yes, I can sense and guage relatively easily if I'm going to be compatible.

But today, pondering this on the oft' unreliable Elizabeth Line as I write this, returning from a long luncheon date, I'm still none the wiser. I'm actually stumped for the first time in ages.

I think she was too posh for me!

By *rbobbMan 4 weeks ago

Birmingham

I think you can tell online if you are physically compatible. It is hard to know if that goes both ways so you have to trust and believe what is said between you.

If you struggle with things to say to each other then I would say you are not compatible.

you will only know for sure by meeting face to face.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman 4 weeks ago

Carlisle usually

"What about platonic? Do you find it easier then to get a good feel for compatibility?"

Platonic is slightly easier to find.

I usually know when someone is my people. If I'm really lucky we're sexually and romantically compatible as well, but there are people who are absolutely my people but we don't do that side of things because it's just not quite right there.

By *oyoteUglyWoman 4 weeks ago

somewhere

I'm very easily put off people. So it's not very often I find someone that doesn't make me screw my face up.

By *weetCherryWoman 4 weeks ago

London

Absolutely no. I’m horrible at people reading as my past experiences show…being AuDHD does not help apparently

By *otswoldCurvesWoman 4 weeks ago

Cotswolds

"Yes i think if the online conversation flows there's a good chance that we will get on when we meet face to face.

So online you can get a good feel for compatibility. Have you ever been surprised, pleasant or otherwise about it when meeting face to face? "

I find it hard to find people I am compatible with although I am easy going.

Yes absolutely I have been suprised in person mostly negatively .... people not looking like I was expecting or in person not having the same chemistry as we had online

Equally have chatted to some people and they've been just as hot and compatible as I was expecting.

"First question…..No, because I genuinely feel that I’m an acquired taste. To the point that I’d kinda second guess the other party if they showed real interest.

Second question…..if I have a pretty good gut feeling from our online connection, chances are it will follow through, into a face to face encounter. "

Oh John. You're far from an acquired taste, x

So you go with your gut feeling... has it ever let you down?

"Well this is timely...

Ordinarily yes, I can sense and guage relatively easily if I'm going to be compatible.

But today, pondering this on the oft' unreliable Elizabeth Line as I write this, returning from a long luncheon date, I'm still none the wiser. I'm actually stumped for the first time in ages.

I think she was too posh for me! "

Oh Nero, sorry to read this! Hopefully it's clarified soon for you and you're wiser on the compatibility.

I'm curious though... what does "too posh" for you look like?

By *r John WickMan 4 weeks ago

The Continental

"First question…..No, because I genuinely feel that I’m an acquired taste. To the point that I’d kinda second guess the other party if they showed real interest.

Second question…..if I have a pretty good gut feeling from our online connection, chances are it will follow through, into a face to face encounter.

Oh John. You're far from an acquired taste, x

So you go with your gut feeling... has it ever let you down?"

Not yet, no

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 4 weeks ago

Leeds

"No & No

Mrs

I'm guessing you're looking at compatibility in terms of sex...

Are your first impressions off? Or you don't trust them.

"

I don't trust them, not based via online interaction, people's online persona and real life persona can be very different.

I need a face and that real life interaction to know for certain.

Mrs

By *hatsWhatCoupleCouple 4 weeks ago

Northampton

In this lifestyle, we find it easy to find people we are compatible with. We can establish that pretty quickly, which is why we only meet in clubs.

We need that face2face though. We can get a pretty good idea from chatting online but need to all meet as a 3 or 4 or more

If we don’t click it’s not a problem and we have no problem politely parting ways.

"It seemed a lot easier but currently we seem to just attract people who aren’t compatible at all.

We are yet to find a replacement FWB gent to replace our friend who started dating.

I know from 2/3 messages whether it’s worth chatting more - if they think with their little brain then they don’t last.

We have a gorgeous lady FWB and we get on perfectly…so finding a gent who’s similar and maybe a couple too would be fantastic.

K"

Fingers crossed you do in time K, I'm sure you will. It's harder for a couple (or a person looking for a couple) to find that compatibility but when it works? It's wonderful.

"Kind of.. I'm good at knowing which personality traits I wouldn't be compatible with. Making it easier to avoid those, but I'm not sure I know fully until I've met someone that we are definitely compatible.

What we see online is like looking through the peephole. I can get a good feeling that we'd be compatible but until you meet, it's never set in stone "

Yes, that's very true. It's a snapshot of one particular moment, not a fully fleshed out person. It's only really face to face if you can tell if there's that *spark* or not.

Knowing what doesn't work for you is good though... it's easier to filter out.

By *ittlebirdWoman 4 weeks ago

The Big Smoke

Are you good at knowing if you will be compatible with someone before you've met them?"

I think so yes. Although I’ve been proven wrong… in a good way… on a couple of occasions. I like it when that happens

"No. So when it happens I get very zingy and over invested.

Just makes the heart sing though, when you think you’ve found your people. Like soul mates.

"

Aww Luna you softie! Finding your people doesn't mean it has to be those you want to rub parts against, does it? It's really lovely when you do though - making your heart sing is the perfect way to describe it.

By *red333Man 4 weeks ago

Dorchester

Of course I'm a good judge of people

By *ral-FanaticMan 4 weeks ago

Manchester

No, with the added complication that sometimes if I meet someone when my social battery is low I might be compatible with them but will probably give the impression of not being.

"No, with the added complication that sometimes if I meet someone when my social battery is low I might be compatible with them but will probably give the impression of not being."

Would you not rearrange if your social battery is low? For you and for them.

By *eroLondonMan 4 weeks ago

Mayfair

"Well this is timely...

·

Oh Nero, sorry to read this! Hopefully it's clarified soon for you and you're wiser on the compatibility.

I'm curious though... what does "too posh" for you look like?"

She was refined, polished, elocute, and clued up on Malbec and other things that I cannot describe. I felt like Eliza Dolittle.

By *amie HantsWoman 4 weeks ago

Atlantis

"Yes I am a bit of a social butterfly and I like a range of people so I find gelling with others to be quite natural and not forced.

No. Absolutely not. I’ve been right a few times but others I’ve been wrong and found myself gelling really well with people I wouldn’t expect to, or not quite gelling with people I thought I would.

You're such a social butterfly and it's brilliant. Gelling. Yes, it's possible to gel with a myriad of people.

The second paragraph... is that because you have preconceived notions or because they depict themselves in a way that doesn't align with reality? Or even the setting you meet them in."

This is giving ‘show your work 6 marks’

I would say it was a combination of the two. Both can be correct depending on perspective.

I think the setting can play a big part although I’ve not really thought about it until now. Would I like someone as much in a different setting? Would I like someone else more in that same different setting? You could be right

By *ral-FanaticMan 4 weeks ago

Manchester

"No, with the added complication that sometimes if I meet someone when my social battery is low I might be compatible with them but will probably give the impression of not being.

Would you not rearrange if your social battery is low? For you and for them."

It depends. People understandably don't like being cancelled on so I feel guilty about it. Sometimes I don't realise how fried the social part if my brain is until I try to use it and nothing happens.

"Well this is timely...

·

I'm curious though... what does "too posh" for you look like?

She was refined, polished, elocute, and clued up on Malbec and other things that I cannot describe. I felt like Eliza Dolittle. "

You've always been Eliza Doolittle in my mind if that's any consolation.

Hopefully you'll know soon enough how things went.

"On here I am not looking for a relationship I am not worried about compatibility, just how good they are in bed. "

So... sexually compatible. That's not a thing? Just how "skilled" someone is in bed.

» Add a new message to this topic